Author Topic: Three Daily Touhou Bests!  (Read 145442 times)

Re: Three Daily Touhou Bests!
« Reply #870 on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
Hard to choose one so heres my top3:

1. Alice (prefer as playable character)
2. Mystia,playable or not
3. 2-player mode,perhaps something similar to PoFV
It's a wonderful midnight snack tour across the land!

« Reply #871 on: January 27, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »
Spell practice.

Formless God

« Reply #872 on: January 27, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
- Anything but a Phantasmagoria game.

- Only Reimu and Marisa are playable so that those Sakuya fanboys wouldn't have any reason to piss at anyone else.

- PCB/IN's life scheme.
- Phantasm Stage.
- Getting to a stage immediately unlocks that stage in Practice Mode (seriously ZUN, why the hell do I have to CLEAR a stage before I'm allowed to PRACTICE it ?)
- Spell cards that require skill, not memorization (IN, I'm looking at you)
- And because of that, NO SPELL PRACTICE, PLEASE. It was IN's excuse for its horrible difficulty.

- Underwater settings. Give me a sea already.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #873 on: January 27, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
-Superdy Duper Extraphantasmtacular Bonus Stage

-Breaking of the fourth wall like in SA

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #874 on: January 27, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
UFO-style danmaku with SA's life system. PLEASE GOD no more UFOs. :V Anything else would be a bonus, that'd be my ideal Touhou game right there.
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #875 on: January 27, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
I'm very curious as to where ZUN can go in Gensokyo he hasn't already treaded. We've been to mansions, the netherworld and subsequently exploring Winter, the bamboo forest and subsequently exploring nighttime, the mountains and exploring Spring, the youkai mountain and exploring fall, the heavens, underground, and back to Makai while exploring the sky. About the only themes I can think of that ZUN hasn't focused on are water and forests, and since Gensokyo is landlocked...

Anyway, what do I want to see? NO MORE HITBOX SIZE DIFFERENCES. Make a freaking second loop if you want, just don't make me blacklist a bunch of shot types just because they have fat hitboxes.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #876 on: January 27, 2010, 03:36:36 PM »
Have a lot of gimmick/memorization attacks that are completely impossible to sightread-capture.  Bonus points if they involve lasers.  Also, replace all the point items with gold coins.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #877 on: January 27, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
Shoot the Bullet 2.

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #878 on: January 27, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
Spoiler:
Another Phantasmagoria game.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #879 on: January 27, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »
Shoot the Bullet 2.
I will bring the blackest of death down upon you all if this is the case.

Really, I'd be happy with anything that isn't as retarded as the UFO system, and a good S4 gimmick.  I still think my prediction for UFO would have been awesome (you fight the other two together).

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #880 on: January 27, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
* Spell practice
* If ZUN brings back a pc-98 character (I don't really care if he does or not), they had better get an awesome remix of their original theme.

Gpop

« Reply #881 on: January 27, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
MOTHERFUCKING CO-OP! NETPLAY INCLUDED!

Screw that IN/SA thing, let two players control them both! Includes three modes, co-op story mode, high-score mode, and survival mode.

Now wouldn't that be a thing?

« Reply #882 on: January 27, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »
...I agree that Netplay Co-op would be awesome.

Spoiler:
But I would never play it because I'd just cause detriment to the other player.
:V

I imagine that it would be somewhat beyond reason to do though. Desyncs and lag would cause major problems in a danmaku game.

nintendonut888

« Reply #883 on: January 27, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
MOTHERFUCKING CO-OP! NETPLAY INCLUDED!

Screw that IN/SA thing, let two players control them both! Includes three modes, co-op story mode, high-score mode, and survival mode.

Now wouldn't that be a thing?

It also needs Mii support. >_> [/obscure joke]
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Gpop

« Reply #884 on: January 27, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »
...I agree that Netplay Co-op would be awesome.

Spoiler:
But I would never play it because I'd just cause detriment to the other player.
:V

I imagine that it would be somewhat beyond reason to do though. Desyncs and lag would cause major problems in a danmaku game.

Well if your PC can run PoFV netplay fine, it could probably run this one fine too. When playing online though, you will mostly see yourself, and the other player will be slightly transparent so s/he won't distract you while dodging. Also, on your screen it will show you overlapping the other player, so you can still locate yourself. The other player may seem desynced, but it really won't matter since the game will really focus on you.

Also, 1up boxes will give BOTH players 1ups instead of whoever gets it first in story mode. Also, if the other player loses all lives, that same player will go into spectator mode until the other player either gains a life or loses all of his/her lives.

« Reply #885 on: January 27, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »
TOUHOUS UNDERWATER

Also same hitbox sizes for all characters. A mode that lets you skip right to the boss would be pretty nice too.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:52:59 PM by SenSageUn »

« Reply #886 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:46 PM »
I'd really like another Phantasmagoria with a Shoot the Bullet 2 added onto it (Touhou 13.5?).

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #887 on: January 27, 2010, 11:17:34 PM »
Random generated stage. Not having the same fairy patterns over and over again, have them come from the left, next time from the top, MAYBE EVEN THE BOTTOM?!!!

But maybe that would be unforgiving in lunatic, therefor we must have UNLIMITED STAGE! Yes, a stage without an end. You start and face one random patterns of fairies, with different shots/colors/angles, every x minutes a miniboss appears with a certain setup. Either 1 noncard, a card and survival card. 2 non cards 2 spellcards. Or 1 immune-to-bomb card with a big reward if you survive. I guess a this-much-points-per-life system would work best in this mode, with the ammount needed gradually raising. Scoreboards will include difficulty, time survived, points gained, life/bombs left incase you quit early, capture cards consistently for bonus streaks, survive X minutes in a row to multiply points gain by 1,5/2/2,5 etc.

the possibilities are endless  :-\

Bananamatic

« Reply #888 on: January 27, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »
6/7/8 life system, no useless shottypes, creditfeeding allowed.
And boss practice.

« Reply #889 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »
And boss practice.
Take it one step further; boss rush.

Bananamatic

« Reply #890 on: January 27, 2010, 11:29:43 PM »
Take it one step further; boss rush.
DOOM mode

« Reply #891 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:07 PM »
Hell yeah, Boss rush.

Spell practice and/or Netplay would be pretty sweet though.

Bananamatic

« Reply #892 on: January 27, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »
touhou needs a freaking
TRUE LAST BOSS

and don't say that extra stage is a TLB

« Reply #893 on: January 27, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
Kaguya kind of counts due to the 1cc requirement.

But yeah, I'd love to see a TLB.

Bananamatic

« Reply #894 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:21 PM »
A TLB should have complete bomb immunity.
It should appear only on lunatic after a 1cc...it's usually the extra challenge you have to do in order to conquer the entire game.
It's not ALL when you die at the TLB. And stuff :V

And it should be reflex based. No memorization shenanigans.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #895 on: January 27, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
>Another second Extra Stage like PCB had would be awesome.
>[insert characters I really like here] as playable, but everyone probably wants that x3
and most importantly,
>INTRODUCE THE DAMN HAKUREI SHRINE GOD ALREADY D:

She's only been mentioned in each of the last three Sh'mups, and we  know diddly squat about her, except that she is apparently mad. Probably because Reimu doesn't get any worshippers.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #896 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:16 PM »
A second extra stage which isn't a freaking copy with higher speed but almost no extra difficulty.

Why does zun rate extra above hard and lunatic.

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #897 on: January 27, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
EoSD/IN style danmaku and life system. Continues start you from where you left off. Spell Practice.
And a lighter humorous tone like EoSD's.
Or, this:
Shoot the Bullet 2.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #898 on: January 28, 2010, 12:25:19 AM »

nintendonut888

« Reply #899 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:32 AM »
MAYBE EVEN THE BOTTOM?!!!

No. That is stupid and horrible game design.

Also a TLB is taunting anyone who isn't good enough to reach it. >_>