Author Topic: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread  (Read 319610 times)

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Re: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2009, 05:37:56 AM »
"XOOXXOX", I figured it was telling me to try "0110010", which took me to some other location that said something like "2,3,7 and onwards". I was like... wtf Now what.

Make sure 7 is the most significant digit and 1 is the least significant, that's the standard for binary.  Also I'm not sure yet but I think O is off and X is on.  Though I don't know yet how tough it is to fish for the clues, I've only covered about half the map so far.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2009, 06:10:52 AM »
Make sure 7 is the most significant digit and 1 is the least significant, that's the standard for binary.  Also I'm not sure yet but I think O is off and X is on.  Though I don't know yet how tough it is to fish for the clues, I've only covered about half the map so far.

Done the place. I understand binary, and I know how to use clues that mention such things. The problem is the "addresses" are completely random. I just lamed out and wikie'd that floor. For example, some locations have 10+ different addresses that lead to it, and others have just 1. Even after finishing the floor, as far as I can tell, there is no way the player can be expected to know all the addresses (though some clues explicitly mention some, though not all).

The next floor is cool so far. The enemies have been beefed up ALOT. Yet none really seem stupid cheap like them damn swordfish crap >=P. Speaking of swordfish crap, I got a "blue sword" form one, very nice item, it's like a cuisinart blade on crack, I think it had 30% attack instead of 24, had 6 recovery instead of 2, and it also had +40ish resistance to every element, sweeeet. Might have had speed too, I forget. Then again maybe it came from the amathyst knight, not sure.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2009, 06:50:37 AM »
Floor 15 is goood for leveling. 25 hundred EXP per battle. :V

Too bad some of the enemies tank out and make us use something not named "fantasy seal" or "asteroid belt."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2009, 07:01:07 AM »
Drop rate info please anyone! I got a Black Onyx from those armoured crabs on floor 3 and they frikkin own.

Btw, the wiki says character bosses have drops, but I've yet to see any.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2009, 07:02:25 AM »

Too bad some of the enemies tank out and make us use something not named "fantasy seal" or "asteroid belt."

I think I'm behind level too much or something. I can fantasy seal AND asteroid belt, and still have enemies survive now. But I like it like that. Only problem is the experience gain per battle isn't worth the time invested if I was really going for exp farming.

Remilia and china are beefy enough to survive 2 hits from them sword fish now though, so I can just fall back the the previous floor to level if need be, moar blue swords would be good too. But the uber-beefy enemies are more fun >=P.

BTW, anybody know exactly how the resist mechanics work? I don't mean the elemental ones, but the status ones.

Say X attack has a 50% chance of deathing you. Would 50 death resist make it 0%, or 25%? Optional boss straight south of the stairs on my floor (I think it's 14) not only does death, but also nearly 1shots my guys even if they didn't get hit by the death effect. I cannot afford to swap out too many pieces of gear for death resist, because I'll just get owned by the damage instead. I'm hoping a partial death set will be useful.

Drop rate info please anyone! I got a Black Onyx from those armoured crabs on floor 3 and they frikkin own.

Btw, the wiki says character bosses have drops, but I've yet to see any.

Really? I thought they were 100%. I got my first Cuisinart blade from Youmou for example, check to see if you have one, if you do it prob came from her. Because it's wayyy overpowered for a floor 3 and below drop otherwise Uhh, Yuugi dropped some heart thingie which owned. Alice dropped "forbidden talisman" I think, some sorta talisman I'm pretty sure.

I don't know the drop rate info. I just know that the blue sword I just so happened to get after many battles from that floor owns, and it came from a group of swordfish and amethyst knights (I think there was an amethyst sorceress in there too, but I don't see her dropping a sword)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 07:05:36 AM by Ghaleon »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFFF

Restarting! I'm getting those damn items!

Milkyway64

« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFFF

Restarting! I'm getting those damn items!

I'm just going to assume we can get those items elsewhere and stay where I am. 30 hours is too much to throw away.

Also, what leavel are we all at? My highest is 68, my Reimu 62, my lowest 53, and the rest being high 50s and low 60s.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2009, 07:23:30 AM »
I've got 22 hours on the timer because I idle it when playing at work. My Chen is level 27, Reimu at 26. Yeah, I don't have as much to lose compared to you guys.

I know the wiki does tell you where you can get all the items, checking it out from my phone is such a bother though :/.

Edit: If you miss the boss drop, you can get it later in a chest at least it seems. But getting twink items...;_;
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 07:37:57 AM by Pesco »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2009, 08:13:56 AM »
I've got 22 hours on the timer because I idle it when playing at work. My Chen is level 27, Reimu at 26. Yeah, I don't have as much to lose compared to you guys.

I know the wiki does tell you where you can get all the items, checking it out from my phone is such a bother though :/.

Edit: If you miss the boss drop, you can get it later in a chest at least it seems. But getting twink items...;_;

Cuisenart blades are great at floors 2-3.. they drop fairly often after 5 though...

But.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Whyyy do they make the floor 14 optional boss turned ally crap. whyyy!!! ='(.. I guess I should be grateful that remi/patchy are ownage, but but.. ='(. Milkyway is weird. Highest level is 68, reimu 62?! How? Reimu magically levels up faster than pretty much everyone for me, and I'm not even using her the most! My reimu is 63, as is Meiling. They are the 2 highest. Patchy and Remilia (my 2 biggest boss dpsers) are 56, and the majority of my other dudes are 59. Chen might be my highest if I bothered to actually level her up, but I stopped after benching her. She was always a level ahead of Reimu when I used her though.

Milkyway64

« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »
Chen might be my highest if I bothered to actually level her up, but I stopped after benching her. She was always a level ahead of Reimu when I used her though.

There you go. Chen was my 68, it happens when you keep her out as your decent combat unit that also happens to outspeed those fast enemies.

So... you beat her? It's actually possible at this level? <_<

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2009, 08:59:08 AM »
There you go. Chen was my 68, it happens when you keep her out as your decent combat unit that also happens to outspeed those fast enemies.

So... you beat her? It's actually possible at this level? <_<

Yeah, death spam boss right? I went back to where the triple boss is too and had to fight someone else. Was going really easy like "am I 20 levels too high for this?" until she started spamming 6k attack all moves over and over and over again. 1shot everyone but china, who would barrrely manage to stay alive by spamming heals.. she just wouldn't stop casting it.. lame. Wasted like 40 mins on that fight >=(.

BTW I'm notcing more Japanese text and less English >=(.

Update:
man, my lucky day, I decided to check for a translation patch update, and there was one! score.
Errr. I copied the URL and was intending to paste it here but it didn't appear to copy and I closed the page. It's on that poolshmer forums thingie though.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:02:37 AM by Ghaleon »

Milkyway64

« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »
Yeah, death spam boss right? I went back to where the triple boss is too and had to fight someone else. Was going really easy like "am I 20 levels too high for this?" until she started spamming 6k attack all moves over and over and over again. 1shot everyone but china, who would barrrely manage to stay alive by spamming heals.. she just wouldn't stop casting it.. lame. Wasted like 40 mins on that fight >=(.

So, DTH spam boss is beatable. I decided to wait for about ten levels and moved on, scraping through the assorted sigil related fights scattered about. I'll go and attempt it now after throwing some items on my main party. By the way, I'm pretty sure Cirno, despite being frail, is essential for bosses now. Paralyze and speed debuffs make things SO much less troublesome.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »
So, DTH spam boss is beatable. I decided to wait for about ten levels and moved on, scraping through the assorted sigil related fights scattered about. I'll go and attempt it now after throwing some items on my main party. By the way, I'm pretty sure Cirno, despite being frail, is essential for bosses now. Paralyze and speed debuffs make things SO much less troublesome.

I prefer speed buffs over debuffs, and I find the speed buffers are sturdier than cirno. But yeah having a speed debuffer would be nice, I keep hoping for someone who can other than cirno, haven't found any yet.

Milkyway64

« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »
'Kay. So even with a million Hades Rings I still got kicked all over the place. The damage from her opener wiped out all but my biggest tank, and from there it was death spam on my less protected characters and overwhelming my others. I did get a good 100 thousand off between a Master Spark and some fire based attacks, but it generally felt hopeless. Is this a power-through-it-before-it-powers-through-you fight? How did you handle it, exactly?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »
Damnit China! Gimme my drop >:(. Patchy and Marisa can combo 2-shot her and I'm still not getting the item.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
'Kay. So even with a million Hades Rings I still got kicked all over the place. The damage from her opener wiped out all but my biggest tank, and from there it was death spam on my less protected characters and overwhelming my others. I did get a good 100 thousand off between a Master Spark and some fire based attacks, but it generally felt hopeless. Is this a power-through-it-before-it-powers-through-you fight? How did you handle it, exactly?

First of all, IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE.

Trying the new translation patch broke my game. So make sure you have a fresh copy before you try to patch. It doesn't seem to like the previous translation patch (maybe it was just me). It didn't ruin my saves though (which I backed up of course), but just don't patch without first being sure you can re-install or whatever if it breaks it.

I take all boss fights fairly slow and steady. But first:
I just read the new translated manual, and apparently death(and poison and par, etc) resistance is multiplied by 3. so if your death resist is 35, you actually have a 105% resistance to it. It says some enemies have more than 100% chance to inflict these status ailments, but her nasty opener is a card you get when she's on your team, and it says "100% chance" so..yeah hopefully it's 100% for the computer as well.

Anyway, slow and steady for me, I think I have better defensive stats than most people.
Anyway, my "boss killing" team is always china,Remi,Reimu,Patchy. Now of course I swap people out occasionally, but that's the team I use to establish a fight.

Now I've leved a few times since that fight, and some of my gear was discarded in favor of hades rings and a ribbon, but here are my stats normally (skipping some to avoid wall of text):

China:
lvl 64.
5252 hp, 1666atk,997mag,3273def,1938mnd,149spd, resists average.uhh..160-170
Remi:
level 57
5126hp,4738atk (her dps is insane for me),2199def,2200mnd,659mag,185spd,resists average 135
Reimu:
level 65
3525hp,2131atck,3052mag,1660def,2512mnd,165spd, resists 180across the board cept mys at 112
Patchy:
level 57
1497hp,4401mag,4442mnd,132 spd, resists all 160 except spirit at 200, and mys at 332

Now generally I spam barrier with reimu until she's either out of sp, my buffs are near 100%, or when I need to heal someone soon (and her aoe heal would be inefficient). Generally my first swap is reimu after she gets 3 or so turns, I replace her with Minoriko..who is as important to boss fights as the previous four for me.
lvl 65
2945hp,2426mag,757def,2749mnd (I tried to make her had to kill), fire and cold resist at 140, the rest at 190

For the boss. I replaced my offensive gear with the death resist stuff. Not the defensive stuff.

I find in this game offensive stats win the trash, and defensive ones win the bosses >=)

sorry for spam, I'm just willing to bet you have a hard time because your defensive stats probably aren't as high as mine.

I wont go into strategy too deep. Of course I replace other people eventually for people like sakuya and such for speedbuffs etc. One thing I notice though is that my boss killers are wayyy beefier than everyone else, who typically get 1shot by a sneeze. So I always make sure I don't swap someone beefy with someone squishy until immediately after the boss uses a big multitarget hit. With this boss in particular that's pretty hard since most of her attacks have death. I waited until after that stupid "thrust" move though (which hits like a truck, but no death).

I noticed that this boss didn't really have that "I'm almost dead so I'm going to spam my strongest move over and over again now" habit that most of the bosses have, so hopefully you don't need to worry about that.

Milkyway64

« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2009, 10:43:09 AM »
I've had the latest patch since I started. Good luck to all upgrading.

Second, I HAVE neglected my defensive stats in favor of offensive, SP and HP. Maybe it's time to pour some heavy skillpoints into those stats to make up for all this lost time. (currently skill level 25 in most stats, though some like Remi's attack is as high as 40.)

I'm totally taking this bitch out tomorrow before I even think about progressing. I got this, doubly so when I realize I don't need two hades rings on each character.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »

Exactly why I hate that floor so damn much. Excellent for leveling but SUCH. A. PAIN.

Those enemies are complete bastards, even if Rumia one shots them.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
Ahahahahaha.

With the release of the more user-friendly English patch, I've gotten around to starting this game (physics final exam in 6 hours be damned).  Finished up Floor 2, saved, and decided I was curious about those bloodstained seals on Floor 1.

I haven't seen myself get owned that quickly in an RPG since the first time I fought Baal in Disgaea.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
Woo, you guys passed me already!  Currently floor 13/14 with levels 50-57 (haven't been using Chen lately though)

Maybe I'll get an answer from one of you fellas next time I get myself stuck.

I haven't seen myself get owned that quickly in an RPG since the first time I fought Baal in Disgaea.

Ah, so you already know what the deal is then.  No worries, you'll get 'em later.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2009, 03:41:29 PM »
You guys will always be ahead of me since I decided to restart and farm for boss drops. Meiling with 2 Unwavering Will is godlike tank and if Marisa with +30% MAG outclasses Patchy, guess how ridiculous things can get.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2009, 05:52:54 PM »
4f bitch went down without much hassle.  Heck, even ended that fight with nobody getting KO'd.  Got a really nice piece of equipment at the end too (30% Mag, 4% Rec, nice MYS, SIL, and DTH bonuses?  Yes please).  Saved ASAP afterwards and bumped out a girl to put my new party member in, leveled her up, and checked out 5F.

All was going well until I find the 5F optional bitch and her super strong single target attacks.  Can't beat her just yet.  Need some more power to accompish that.

At least I got a couple Blade Cuisinarts from random fights on 5F so far.  Like that quite a bit.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
Don't worry too much Pesco, I'm still on F7. Been trying to get through the last boss there.

Also, is it just me or is F6 bitch that joins without a fight really bizarre. High HP spellcaster whut? The def sapping is AWESOME though.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05:26 PM »
I've had the latest patch since I started. Good luck to all upgrading.

Are you sure? when I got that patch last night, it said it was updated...last night.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2009, 08:14:05 PM »
Okay, F8 is completely unnecessary. Seriously, I almost prefer the teleporters on F7.

Also, enemies are getting bitchy, but I'm still able to manage OHKOs with Marisa and stuff. Fun fun.

F5 Bitch was actually surprisingly easy. She knocked out people left and right... but her absolutely pathetic Mind left her wide open to my magic users. I think I got lucky too because she never used a part wide attack.

Milkyway64

« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
Are you sure? when I got that patch last night, it said it was updated...last night.

Oh? I scrolled down through the thread and found two updates to the original patch, the last update saying something along the lines of "Everything is finished. All that is left is some testing." That was released...December 1st-sh, I want to say.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »
Floor 20 has pretty much bosses as normal encounters.

...This is gonna suck.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2009, 10:29:23 PM »
F8 Bitch won't die. I hit her hard as I can but she just outlasts me and starts spamming part wide stuff that hurts like hell. I might just have to come back for her later...

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
Currently on 7F.  Managed to take out 5F optional bitch after exploring 6F and acquiring more levels and a new party member on that floor.

7F...oh god.  I had enough bad memories of floors with warps in both Etrian Odyssey games.  Guess I'm about to add more to that list now.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2009, 10:51:11 PM »
F8 Bitch won't die. I hit her hard as I can but she just outlasts me and starts spamming part wide stuff that hurts like hell. I might just have to come back for her later...

Yeah, she has quite a bit of HP.  I proceeded a floor or two before coming back to her.  But at least you can last a while even on the first try, which is probably more than I can say about floor 9 bitch and floor 8 bastard.  (Haha, these name placeholders are great.)