Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162588 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #900 on: December 29, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »
Beat IN Easy with Magic Team. Why do people call them bad? :<
No range, and unless you abuse the Malice Cannon they don't have great power either. You do even less damage when focusing, Alice's bombs are PATHETIC, and their support abilities do nothing in terms of survival.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #901 on: December 29, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »
Had a pretty good fight against Murasa Lunatic. Captured both her survival card and Sinkable Vortex. I think i have finally figured out to prevent it from coming from your side.
If just i could find a way to get better at Ghost Ships. When its just me getting by animated bullets its not too annoying. Its more when i get hit by the debris - i can't see that stuff when concentrating about not being caved by the animated bullets. Hmph.

PS: I have also gotten hit by an anchor on its way back. That

That's SA for you. SA is probably the most reliant on memorization out of all the games; knowing what's coming next does wonders for your playstyle.

Maybe for Extra but not story mode. That's gotta be UFO.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:38:12 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #902 on: December 29, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »
There's also that Reimu is the harder boss on Lunatic. On Easy and Normal, Reimu and Marisa are either about the same in difficulty or Marisa is harder.

« Reply #903 on: December 29, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »
Maybe for Extra but not story mode. That's gotta be UFO.

UFO memorization is mostly planning out a UFO chain and keeping it up. The bullets themselves are mostly randomized, so survival is much more bomb- skill-based. SA requires you to memorize patterns, safespots, and when you can and can't get to the PoC (although with the Communication System, you really shouldn't need to go to the PoC post Stage 2).

ebarrett

« Reply #904 on: December 30, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »
I just perfected Yuugen Magan. My favorite part about HRtP is that when you actually pull off a good run, it looks REALLY cool. Video incoming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0u4fhBaNjE

This looks even harder than my perfect Kikuri fight. And a lot "cleaner", too - my OFUDA SPAM style isn't exactly the most beautiful thing to watch.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:50 AM »
Oh my god Yuyuko

Done with the Christmas patch. Drake, I blame you fully.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #906 on: December 30, 2009, 01:47:23 AM »
This looks even harder than my perfect Kikuri fight. And a lot "cleaner", too - my OFUDA SPAM style isn't exactly the most beautiful thing to watch.

Holy crap, I've got to learn how to end Kikuri's first phase that quickly. I always end up being pushed into the corners, which are pretty much instant death against most of the bosses.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #907 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03:06 AM »
I just perfected PCB Extra's stage portion (Chen included). Ran was another story (only got to her fifth card again), but damn that was a good run.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ebarrett

« Reply #908 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:02 AM »
Holy crap, I've got to learn how to end Kikuri's first phase that quickly. I always end up being pushed into the corners, which are pretty much instant death against most of the bosses.

It's pretty much "hit Kikuri as soon as it starts or die horribly". If you get the first hit, even if you don't chain one or two other hits immediately, the ying-yang keeps bouncing high for a while; if you don't get a hit upon starting, the ying-yang starts to bounce too low rather quickly and forces you away from the center before you can do any damage.

edit:

HRtP lunatic Jigoku route no-bombs!

Video coming soon.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:36:02 AM by ebarrett »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #909 on: December 30, 2009, 04:26:36 AM »
Quote from: 'nut from a few days ago
UFO S4 orb spam is BS
See: attachment.

UFO S5 pre-boss orb spam
ReimuB > *
Else, you have about 6 methods of doing it, 3 of which are alterations of one another.

That's also a pretty good sign of my skill returning, wouldn't you think~?

I'm testing with a new replay uploader as of this post. There's also an accompanying video in the process of uploading and processing, which was recorded "live" (before saving the previous replay).
EDIT: Which subsequently error'd in my face. And by that, I mean that somebody tampered with the recording volume. Might as well record it as is.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:22:58 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #910 on: December 30, 2009, 04:48:22 AM »
PCB Stage 4 Easy perfect run.

This should not be Easy Mode. I know this is the wrong thread to complain, but I really don't like how PCB's lower difficulties are so badly designed. Way too many bullets, plus Stage 4 is way too long and repetitive for its own good.

As for my performance, my efforts at memorization finally paid off, but it's amazing how lucky I still had to get in two spots. You'll see where in the replay (and only the second could be considered remotely my fault, due to old habits). Now I never have to play this level again (on Easy, at least).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #911 on: December 30, 2009, 06:33:27 AM »
Yumeko is so much easier with Mima.

brb perfect Yumeko battle at a crap rank.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #912 on: December 30, 2009, 06:38:11 AM »
inb4donutgasm

Inafter. :P You really think I don't check Pixiv regularly for any new Gengetsu (and Kurumi and Elly) art? Still...~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #913 on: December 30, 2009, 06:44:11 AM »
Inafter. :P You really think I don't check Pixiv regularly for any new Gengetsu (and Kurumi and Elly) art? Still...~
Knowing you, that's pretty debatable...

Also, ignoring the perfect Yumeko for now (time constraint). And doing something else.

EDIT: Video of the previous attachment for the lazy.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:59:00 AM by Baity »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #914 on: December 30, 2009, 07:55:01 AM »

This picture is proof of the amount of work I just did. I have recorded myself perfecting both Elis and Sariel, and all but two continues on Sariel's five levels were on the bosses. Regrettably, the runs that were successful aren't that interesting to watch, because they involved me combowhoring the two without them using any of their nasty attacks. :< Not only that, but obviously they were on the lowest rank, and I seriously doubt I could have pulled that fancy combo on Sariel's second phase if the bullets were moving faster. Still, might as well compliment the Yuugen Magan run...

EDIT: Wow, these processed hella quick.

Elis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcF4quCY04o

Sariel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7AJi-qnzRk

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, something I learned during my attempts: Sariel's second attack in her first part where she spawns an impossibly thin triplet of lanes and tries to force you to follow them, the way to dodge this no matter what is so absurdly easy I never noticed until now. You ofuda spam to get out of the lanes themselves, and if it moves in your direction/switches back to your direction, here's what you do:

You go to the corner...

And when the attack ends and the bullets stop shooting, when they get close to you...

Swing your gohei and you'll deflect all the bullets that would possibly hit you.

DERP.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:36:30 AM by nintendonut888 »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #915 on: December 30, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »

HOLY SHIT I FREAKING DID IT

PACIFIST MUGETSU AND GENGETU

brb heartattack

EDIT:
Okay, now that that's done, all I would like to say is "thank God that's over".
This was quiet possible the hardest and most rage inducing thing I've ever done in my life.
The run is all about doing perfect timeouts of their normal attacks, so that you can get through the timeout phases using your resources.
There is almost no margin for error. I did all the above and still barely made it.
Highlights include getting to GRT 3/0, the highest amount of resources I've ever managed and surviving a full wave of Gengetu Spark timeout phase.

Video coming as soon as it's ready.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:47:09 PM by Jaimers »

nintendonut888

« Reply #916 on: December 30, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
Congratulations Jaimers! :D I never dreamed anyone would be brave enough to actually go through with it.

Sniff...so I guess I can share Gengetsu with you. Take good care of her, y'hear? ;_; She likes it when you massage her wings.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #917 on: December 30, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »
Don't worry, I'll threat her well.  :)

Anyway, the pacifist run is now on Youtube~

« Reply #918 on: December 30, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »
Finally cleared IN normal for the first time! Used the Netherworld team, and bombed a lot, and I kept dying with bombs in stock so I thought I would fail...
But I did it :D
Replay here.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #919 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:57 PM »
<>

« Reply #920 on: December 31, 2009, 12:15:24 AM »
Perfect Shou on Hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z852KkE50vk

Annotations and everything on it. Treasure fans would do well not to watch.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #921 on: December 31, 2009, 12:22:27 AM »
SA NORMAL 1CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That completes all normal 1cc's of the windows games.
I kinda gave up a while ago, but gave it a spin today and ended up with 2 lives left :D
Almost captured heaven and hell melt down (if that's it's name, the 2nd to last card) but as usual it turned into a time out and got hit by something at the last 5ish seconds.

Now just the extra stage and I also have beat every extra stages of the windows games.

« Reply #922 on: December 31, 2009, 12:35:52 AM »
It was probably a bullet. Were you at super low power or something? That would be the only thing that can make that card a timeout. And if you are not doing so, you should dodge in the middle of the screen.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #923 on: December 31, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
What, I was told to dodge at the left or right :S
But yeah, my power was 1.something, not really a chance for me to get max power for that card, I can't do that bossfight without a big bucket of bombs and a death.

And is SA extra considered really easy or something? Have 3/3 on sanaes 2nd card and nearly made it to koishi's 5th noncard on my first time reaching her. And the stage itself requires no tactic at all.

« Reply #924 on: December 31, 2009, 01:06:27 AM »
Meh, don't ask me. All windows extra bosses are pretty easy.  :V
Flandre can be hard to get to perfectly but that's it. UFO has an annoying stage but i'd say the overall easiest is Suwako. But Koishi is around her level as well. Koishi's only two spells that are difficult are Roschark in Danmaku and ehmm... Philosophy of a Hated Person. Because i fail at the final phase. Genetics is infamous for whatever reason so you might want to be careful about that.

---------------

EoSD EASY CLEAR!!! HELL YEAH!!!
Danmaku for 5-year olds! Its hard to believe that something like that could ever pose a threat. Guess that's one of the awesome things of getting good at Touhou. :)

« Reply #925 on: December 31, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »
Annotations and everything on it. Treasure fans would do well not to watch.

Silvergun was good.
And Dynamite Headdy and Gunstar Heroes were excellent.

:-[

I miss when Treasure were good.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #926 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »
I still have a few Normal or higher 1ccs to do since I want all extras unlocked for all shot types. But I've cleared all but 2 extras in the series, but as I said before I may have said before due to T98-Next slowdown I need to redo LLS and MS in Anex86.

To have Extra unlocked for all shot types, I still need to do

LLS: Reimu A, or was it B. I'd have to check. I think it was B though.

MS: Everything but Mima

PCB: Reimu A, Marisa B

SA: Marisa/Alice, Marisa/Nitori. I'm really not looking forward to doing a Marisa/Nitori 1cc.

UFO: Everything except Marisa A and Sanae A.

Edit: Oh, and I need a lot more scenes in Shoot the Bullet as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:30:36 AM by Enigma »

nintendonut888

« Reply #927 on: December 31, 2009, 02:05:26 AM »
I think I've figured out the dastardly trick I need to take out Vajra consistently. I almost captured it, but I got too greedy and thought I could kill Syou before the laser caught up with me...again. This is at least the fifth time I've done that, and it NEVER WORKS (except that one time when it did, hurr).

« Reply #928 on: December 31, 2009, 05:19:33 AM »
So...on my latest IN 1cc Lunatic attempt, died on Life Spring Infinity...when my previous best was dying at Tewi. Went into stage 5 with 3/0, stage 6 with 2/3. Got the 800 point extend during Marisa for the first time, going to try getting that done from now on.

I really have no choice but to bomb at least once during Mystia's final non-card bullshit. Still having very slight problems with stage 3, some sloppy bombing during stage 4. Don't have the slightest clue how to do the very beginning of stage 6B.

nintendonut888

« Reply #929 on: December 31, 2009, 05:24:37 AM »
Everyone has trouble with Mystia's second non-spell, don't worry.

Let me try and explain how to do the beginning of IN stage 6b: First, move so that your hitbox is over the "youkai" kanji in the human/youkai bar in the lower left. Once the fairies start firing, inch to the right. When the first fairy dies, move to the left and dodge the remaining bullets once the right one dies.

As for an accomplishment, I just did the above at 600 FPS somehow. :V

EDIT: Ooh, I guess that's one too. From the inevitable resulting run in that stage, I just beat Kaguya no deaths two bombs (well, four since they were both death bombs), bombing only to Buddhist Diamond and Hourai Jewel. I failed her last two spells though. Still, pretty sweet run of Kaguya.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:35:19 AM by nintendonut888 »