Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162590 times)

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Matsuri

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #841 on: December 27, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »
Hourai Doll timeout. Also, congrats Krim! I've been working on that too, but it seems you've beaten me to it. :P

You're out of goals.... does this mean you've BECOME THE NUE now?

Also, I realized I never did complete EoSD extra, so I gave it a random run. First time in ages, and I make it to Counter Clock on my first try. Perhaps I'll beat it soon?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #842 on: December 27, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »
Nah, we gave him a bunch just a little while ago.

Hourai Doll timeout NO FOCUS.

UFO lunatic NO FOCUS

HRtP lunatic NO BOMBS

SA lunatic TRUE PACIFIST

He'll be busy for a while. :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Matsuri

« Reply #843 on: December 27, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »
How about some niiiiice score runs?

Bananamatic

« Reply #844 on: December 27, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »

UFO lunatic NO FOCUS

HRtP lunatic NO BOMBS

SA lunatic TRUE PACIFIST

MOEBEE 1CC

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #845 on: December 27, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »

UFO lunatic NO FOCUS

HRtP lunatic NO BOMBS

SA lunatic TRUE PACIFIST

Don't forget about a 1cc of flanchan.zip  :V
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:51:05 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #846 on: December 27, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »
UFO stage 6 lunatic no deaths.

Second attempt, this was really, really easy.
Donut, you should be ashamed.

HRtP lunatic NO BOMBS

How is this even possible?  :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #847 on: December 27, 2009, 10:01:11 PM »
UFO stage 6 lunatic no deaths.

Second attempt, this was really, really easy.
Donut, you should be ashamed.

How is this even possible?  :V

:'(

Also, I'm pretty sure it is possible. If you can build up a chain of cards and keep it you start gaining lives right and left.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #848 on: December 27, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »
Mountain of Faith Normal 1cc with MarisaB (unbugged)! :D
SO NERVOUS AT VOWG (which is named MoF in Normal) ;_;
replay here.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #849 on: December 27, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
:'(

Also, I'm pretty sure it is possible. If you can build up a chain of cards and keep it you start gaining lives right and left.
This is why bombing gets you lives; it clears a ton of cards very quickly, boosting your combo really high.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #850 on: December 27, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »
I was so pissed at Jaimers showing me up I figured out a way of surviving the beginning part of UFO stage 6 more consistently (and if I pull it off giving me an extra bomb) and learning a new way of handling LFO combining all my past knowledge that allowed me to capture it, making me rage at the fact that I died on Superhuman with a bomb in stock.

LET'S DO THIS.

ebarrett

« Reply #851 on: December 27, 2009, 10:59:27 PM »
MotK'ers consider no-bombs lunatic HRtP

It is certainly doable, and I'm willing to put some effort into it, but I'm already raging preemptively at the thought of having to deal with Jigoku stages 15 (Kikuri) and 16 (mostly open with lots of tiles near the floor) back-to-back. Any Jigoku run that makes it to stage 17 has it in the bag, though.

nintendonut888

« Reply #852 on: December 27, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6638

THERE. Happy? You can almost hear me saying (which I did) "NO" every time I bombed.

And actually though, now that I think about it...

* Donut thinks about it

Yeah! With this, I've beaten every single stage in the Windows series no deaths. Every last one of them. Wow, that makes me feel a LOT better. And I suppose in the process of this I figured out some new things about the stage, so I guess I can forgive you for briefly making me hate this stage.

« Reply #853 on: December 27, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »
Yeah! With this, I've beaten every single stage in the Windows series no deaths. Every last one of them. Wow, that makes me feel a LOT better. And I suppose in the process of this I figured out some new things about the stage, so I guess I can forgive you for briefly making me hate this stage.

*insert smart-ass remark about PoFV stage 8 here*

nintendonut888

« Reply #854 on: December 27, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »

Foo', I beat that with Aya. 8) About the same thing as my bomb spam victory of UFO stage 6 really.

Jaimers

« Reply #855 on: December 27, 2009, 11:28:31 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6638

THERE. Happy? You can almost hear me saying (which I did) "NO" every time I bombed.

And actually though, now that I think about it...

* Donut thinks about it

It's amazing how fast you can accomplish things when I'm involved.  :V
Congrats!
That wasn't so hard now was it?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #856 on: December 27, 2009, 11:29:21 PM »
Oh c'mon, even I've done that several times.  Stage 7 and 9...those are the hard ones.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #857 on: December 27, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
It's amazing how fast you can accomplish things when I'm involved.  :V

I have noticed that actually. You're good inspiration! Now go do other stuff to inspire me. :3 Or figure out a way to make Next stop slowing down on my computer so I can start stage practicing PC-98 stages.

That wasn't so hard now was it?

The hard part was accepting I would have to do a run like this to beat it. The run is so putrid to watch, I barely try anything I don't already have a 100% capture rate on.

ebarrett

« Reply #858 on: December 27, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »
OK, so after failing pretty badly vs. Mima and in stages 11-14, forcing me to continue a bunch of times, I stormed through stages 15-20 like they weren't there. Stage 16 isn't the trouble spot, stage 18 is - but one spare life there is all you need, since stage 19 brings you back to full lives with minimal effort. Oh, and 1-death Kikuri, who is easier than Mima if you ask me. Should've been no-death but meh.

Y'know, if I don't get a no-bomb run before going to bed I'll get really mad.

Jaimers

« Reply #859 on: December 27, 2009, 11:46:10 PM »
The hard part was accepting I would have to do a run like this to beat it. The run is so putrid to watch, I barely try anything I don't already have a 100% capture rate on.

Yeah, it's kind of funny how it works.

Orb enemies - bomb
Orb Nue - bomb
1st spellcard - bomb
2nd non-spell - bomb
2nd spellcard - micro-memorize
3rd nonspell - bomb
3rd spellcard - bomb
4th nonspell - micro-memorize
4th spellcard- bomb
5th spellcard - micro-memorize
final spellcard - micro-memorize

The hardest dodging you'll do is at the opening fairies.  :V

« Reply #860 on: December 27, 2009, 11:46:37 PM »
Foo', I beat that with Aya. 8)

o u

Oh c'mon, even I've done that several times.  Stage 7 and 9...those are the hard ones.

hurr.  I meant stage 9.  Y'know, the one with the invincible boss. :P

nintendonut888

« Reply #861 on: December 28, 2009, 12:02:13 AM »
o u

hurr.  I meant stage 9.  Y'know, the one with the invincible boss. :P

Not so invincible with Aya. :> IIRC (replay crashed) I beat that no deaths too.

And looking at Ebarret, I decided to go for a no bombs run of HRtP lunatic as well.

...That was fun! 7cc, most of those continues being on 3 certain stages. More people need to realize how fun this game is. I also did a WTF moment, when I started infinite chaining Konngara. I got her down to 4 hits left before she used a move that forces you out of the corner and causing me to die.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #862 on: December 28, 2009, 12:19:12 AM »
PoFV Lunatic 1cc with Marisa. Finally, a Shiki battle where the winning round didn't end in less than two minutes. To be honest, I probably owe this 1cc to Aya, who through some crazy hax dodging ended up killing me twice (the first round lasted for over three minutes), and ended up with me gaining over 40 million points during Stage 7. Hit the 90 million extend during the third round of the Shiki battle, but ended up not needing it since she died soon after that. The highlight of the run is probably more the first round of Aya than the Shiki fight overall, though... so intense.

...This game is really, really fun. I must play it some more. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #863 on: December 28, 2009, 01:39:25 AM »
Timed out Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction and Peta Flare....in one run without trying to time them out at first, simply because they took way too long so I decided to time them out.

Tried Tokamak again on the same run and failed it at 15 seconds :-\
That 1st run Tokamak timeout was probably just a fluke or something.

ebarrett

« Reply #864 on: December 28, 2009, 01:51:24 AM »
And looking at Ebarret, I decided to go for a no bombs run of HRtP lunatic as well.

HOLY YOUKAI JESUS IT'S A RACE AND I NEED SOME SLEEP.

eeh even if I get it first you'll probably get it on youtube faster; I'd need at least four hours to do so (lol ancient computer) and even if I get the no-bombs run in the next attempt I can't afford that much time to encode/upload in another 24 hours or so.

still - it's easy if you don't screw up early; get past Mima with some lives to spare and you can just play it safe until stage 19 where you should NOT MESS UP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES like I did.

Bananamatic

« Reply #865 on: December 28, 2009, 01:59:21 AM »
my HRtP normal clear was a 61cc

good luck :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #866 on: December 28, 2009, 01:59:38 AM »
Ah? No no no, I'm not serious about it. As I've made clear, I hate being serious about something, because that means I can't not try and do the achievement until I do it. I wasn't even recording when I did that 7cc.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #867 on: December 28, 2009, 02:14:41 AM »
Played HRtP seriously for the first time. Actually got to Sariel with 2 lives and 2 bombs without continuing!

Of course, I instantly died twice to her laser spam opening. Which I have never died to before.

Well, maybe an Easy 1cc will be coming soon :<

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #868 on: December 28, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »
Then prove it!
Fine.

First blue orb waves, start from the right. Kill them progressively (that is, moving left as appropriate), then back right when you hit the other side. You should be taking out each orb as soon as it spawns with ReimuA. As soon as you hit the center of the screen (again), choose a corner.

Second blue orb waves, Unfocus, focus for a moment and unfocus each enemy that appears, in a right-left-right-left "swinging" motion. Once you destroy the orb that drops the UFO, choose a corner.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #869 on: December 28, 2009, 02:30:42 AM »
I'm sure it's a mix of vague instructions and my incompetence of following them, but that doesn't work. :[ What exactly do you mean by "choose a corner?"