Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162581 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #600 on: December 17, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
If it does affect rank, it's not enough to make a difference. I've deathbombed right before Patchy and her spell cards are just as rape as before.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #601 on: December 17, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
1cc'd Kioh Gyoku twice. One with Muse (Fuck you Muse) and one with Yuka.

« Reply #602 on: December 17, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »
Are there even difficulties on that? I can't find them.

Oh, and I fail much harder at that than I do at Phantasmagoria. At least I can get far on PoFV Lunatic, and I sometimes gets far in PoDD Hard.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #603 on: December 17, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »
Are there even difficulties on that? I can't find them.
Do you think there's a reason why I didn't mention them? They don't exist at all. :V

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #604 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »
Captured Rings of Death twice in a row.  Still can't perfect the whole stage though because I keep getting hit by trivial things like Flaw of Forgiving Shrine.  Seriously.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #605 on: December 17, 2009, 02:58:13 PM »

EoSD stage 6 no deaths. Three accomplishments recorded live all in the same day. I really don't know what to say. I'm just sad the magic can't happen on stage 4. Marisa A Patchouli on max rank is just impossible.

Ow, my self-esteem! D:

I've been trying this myself as well lately, still no luck. It doesn't help that in 50% of my attempts I don't even reach Remilia because I always try to capture Eternal Meek, which most of the time ends with a clipdeath.
Managed to almost capture Scarlet Meister unfocused though, guess that's something.  :V

Also I thought that that Byakuren thing was common knowledge as well.  :V
Although I don't do that risky as hell way Phar circled her. The attack is actually pretty static, you can dodge it the same way everytime.

Formless God

« Reply #606 on: December 17, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »
MoF Normal 1cc ... again. This time made it with 2 lives to spare (blame my over-confidence) :V

« Reply #607 on: December 17, 2009, 04:42:24 PM »
Just defeated Story of Eastern Wind's Ex Cirno.

lol, good luck to anyone trying to no death or perfect it. Ex Cirno is BS.

Jaimers

« Reply #608 on: December 17, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
Just defeated Story of Eastern Wind's Ex Cirno.

lol, good luck to anyone trying to no death or perfect it. Ex Cirno is BS.

o/  :V

Her only BS spell is really her last, this thing is fucking impossible. The rest are pretty doable seeing as I have captured them all several times.
The stage gives you like 6 bombs to work with, so a no death run is I think is not impossible.
I do need at least 3 bombs for her final though...

« Reply #609 on: December 17, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »
Also I thought that that Byakuren thing was common knowledge as well.  :V
Although I don't do that risky as hell way Phar circled her. The attack is actually pretty static, you can dodge it the same way everytime.

I know I started circling a bit too late in that run, but is there a better way to do it?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #610 on: December 17, 2009, 06:24:01 PM »
Captured VoWG on Hard for the first time. And this is after not even getting this far in the level since I beat it in story mode a week ago. I guess it helps that the amulets don't overlap until near the end - otherwise it plays just like its Normal counterpart (only faster).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Jaimers

« Reply #611 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »
I know I started circling a bit too late in that run, but is there a better way to do it?

Here, have a timeout.

I do pretty much the same as you, except I play it a bit safer during the circling.
Please disregard everything else, this was my worst performance on the stage ever.
Spoiler:
I didn't even clear it.
  :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #612 on: December 17, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »
MoF Stage 3 Hard perfected, after God knows how many tries (I'm surprisingly inconsistent on midboss Nitori). Had to make a few modifications to my "sweetspot height" approach for Nitori's last spell, as well as resigning to a "don't move much" attitude there, but at least I have a reason to take a quick break from Touhou now.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #613 on: December 17, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
Hrm?
Which one(s)? Either way I'll put both down.

For the last wave of enemies for UFO Stage 5, use ReimuB. Start from the top-center (or a bit to the side if you so wish), focus, shoot and move down. After destroying exactly 3 orbs on one side, stop shooting, unfocus and move down partly close to the bottom.

Unfortunately, nothing new came up with other shot types at this point. The best ones are probably AM's and yukarin's (which I have copied for quite some time now) if I'm not mistaken.

"Catwalk" is still difficult no matter what way you try to approach it, but some methods of approaching this are definitely better than others. However, I do recall that I had a much greater chance for suvival when I moved a bit to the side. If you can get a screenshot uploaded of all the rings out (or quite a number of them) then I can show you where to dodge, and how much "attention" you should be giving each ring. Do PM please so I don't lose track of it.
Wow, I can't believe it. After watching Phar's perfect UFO stage 6 run, I noticed his strategy for Byakuren's fourth non-spell and copied it. Holy crap this trivializes the whole attack and makes it so you can end it in about 20 seconds, I can't believe I never thought to stream the attack down at the beginning.
This is why you need to pay more attention to my replays  :V
Self-Esteem Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I've been doing that for 1-2 months now
Some experiments in Mystical Chain have shown me that I can take out Remi and Flan in about 4-5 minutes optimally, and a "method" of doing "Forbidden P" in one go. Of course, I think that it's an abuse.
By the way, I feel I should point this out after deciding to browse the replay lists.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #614 on: December 18, 2009, 03:29:15 AM »
HRtP easy 1cc yay!
My computer hates this game. It kept slowing down at random.
I fail at controlling the orb against bosses. I survived every single one of Sariel's laser spams (dodged twice and bombed once) but I got killed by the orb TWO times. WTF.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

ebarrett

« Reply #615 on: December 18, 2009, 03:33:32 AM »

You are probably using T98-Next. If 'yes' switch to Anex86.

Spoiler:
the music sounds better without the techno-caveman percussion anyway

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #616 on: December 18, 2009, 03:57:56 AM »
PCB Hard 1CC.

Kind of a hollow victory because my performance was terrible.

« Reply #617 on: December 18, 2009, 07:07:20 AM »
You are probably using T98-Next. If 'yes' switch to Anex86.

Spoiler:
the music sounds better without the techno-caveman percussion anyway

I'm using Anex86. The problem really is my computer. It started slowing down on some programs recently (mostly IE). I'll have to clean up the hard drive a bit.

Formless God

« Reply #618 on: December 18, 2009, 09:35:35 AM »
I CAPTURED SOURCE OF RAINS.

AT ONE POWER.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- WHY DIDN'T I BOMB ...

Jaimers

« Reply #619 on: December 18, 2009, 02:06:12 PM »

I just attempted a pacifist run of Mugetsu and Gengetu for the lulz and actually made it all the way to Gengetu Rape Time before game-overing!  :o
If I hadn't died twice with bombs in stock and stopped making stupid mistakes I might have actually have pulled this of.

EDIT:
Just did it again. Made it a great deal through GRT. If I had one more life (which I wasted) I would have done it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:14:03 PM by Jaimers »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #620 on: December 18, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »
Powered through UNL Arcade mode with Utsuho again.  Her 5 and 6 C are completely ridiculous (though it's interesting to note that Patchy's fireball is actually stronger than Utsuho's 5C, and may be the strongest attack in the game in terms of piercing).

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #621 on: December 18, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
Powered through UNL Arcade mode with Utsuho again.  Her 5 and 6 C are completely ridiculous (though it's interesting to note that Patchy's fireball is actually stronger than Utsuho's 5C, and may be the strongest attack in the game in terms of piercing).

Does it beat the Reisen's alternative laser (Eyesight Cleaning) that makes the bullet DISAPPEAR ? (tssss I can't play SWR story mode with Reisen, I have been playing with UNL reisen for too long)
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #622 on: December 18, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »
In this run of LLS, three highlights:

I capture the stage 4 midboss on max rank, but it's a hollow victory because the gaps were huge. How quickly does rank increase in this game, because the last time I died was to a random enemy halfway through stage 3. :\

I beat stage 5 Yuka one death no bombs. DAMN that last phase, was ZUN seriously expecting you to squeeze into those gaps?

I was about two dodges away from capturing Yuka's final phase.

Yeah.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #623 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:43 PM »
HRtP easy 1cc yay!
I fail at controlling the orb against bosses. I survived every single one of Sariel's laser spams (dodged twice and bombed once) but I got killed by the orb TWO times. WTF.

Hey, you're back =)
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #624 on: December 18, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2IHQ-nFOeY

Perfect PCB Stage 5 on Hard mode. Didn't really take any effort but what the heck.

« Reply #625 on: December 19, 2009, 12:06:56 AM »
Blurgh.  EoSD Lunatic run with 4 lives remaining.  I entered stage 6 with seven lives and then died twice in succession with full bombs in stock.  I will never fucking forgive myself for that.

I captured the books, Emerald Megalith, and Eternal Meek though, which is nice.  And I also got walled by The World while using the misdirection trick.  Because apparently that's possible.

« Reply #626 on: December 19, 2009, 12:17:59 AM »
Hey, you're back =)
Well school is finished, so now I feel like playing again.
But we just moved out, so often I don't have the time.
All I've really done for 3 months is IN Hard, UFO Normal and clear some last spells/Words in IN.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #627 on: December 19, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »
I just reached Tewi in my first serious IN Lunatic run ever o.o

I'm impressed, and IN is not as hard as I thought, I guess...

Keine is the hardest boss I've ever faced, except maybe for Yuyuko Lunatic
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Drake

« Reply #628 on: December 19, 2009, 02:28:44 AM »
lol kimontonkou capture and perfect post-alice in the same run

EDIT: also hell god sword capture
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:17:29 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #629 on: December 19, 2009, 04:42:23 AM »
PERFECT LUNASA FIGHT.
Captured all three of her noncards plus Guarneri del Gesu or however it's spelled on Normal.

And then I got to Prism Concerto >>
But still I got all her noncards <333

Edit:
OMGOMGOMG CAPTURED DELUSION OF ENLIGHTENMENT WHAT
and I found out a way to easily do Karmic Punishment (not the safespot) but it involves never being under Youmu herself so it always turns out as timeouts :v

Edit2: omigosh did I capture Lost Soul's Village too D:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:56:20 AM by Tyltalis »