Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163061 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #540 on: December 15, 2009, 08:00:02 AM »
Quote from: Scarlet Meister history
3/287

Fuck. Yes.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Formless God

« Reply #541 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:39 AM »
Double Death Butterfly.
Boundary of Human and Youkai (in the same run).
Genealogy of the Sky-Born.

Yay ?

EDIT: Astronomical Entombing. 30 tries.

Yay.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:00:44 AM by Formless God »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #542 on: December 15, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1227/msextranodeaths.png
Hah...hah...

I told myself this would be the last time before I quit for the night. I'm glad I decided on one more run. Blegh...

Anyway, the REAL accomplishment is that low score. :V

As for copying Jaimers and trying to perfect, fat chance even if I did have the patience. I have determined that the first half of the stage is virtually impossible to beat without bombing if you use Yuka. On two attempts tonight I actually made it to the midboss, but I had to bomb anyway because the enemies simply do not stop firing until they are off the screen.

Haha, congrats! May I inspire you even more in the future~  :V
I have seriously no idea how you scored that low, I wasn't even going for score and I had like double what you have.  :V

As for SoEW extra. I would have gotten serious about that long ago if that green blob spam at the end of the stage wasn't so damn impossible. I wish thee luck!

3/287

Made me curious,

3/79
Quote from: Scarlet Gensokyo history
6/65

Guess that's something. :V

And Phar has been playing for like ... 5 years :V

This makes me curious about what I would be like in 5 years...  :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #543 on: December 15, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »
I am nintendonut888, lowest scorer in the wild west! ;) I have no idea how I score so low either, but it helps that I never get any points that don't mean something for me.

Also to be fair, many of those attempts had me autobombing Scarlet Meister because my aim was EoSD stage 6 no deaths.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

« Reply #544 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:37 PM »
Inspired by a comment by Zengeku, I pulled of a no-focus clear of MS extra stage.
Did it on my first non-serious attempt.
If I were to put in a bit more effort I could probably do a no-deaths, no-focus clear of the stage.

What made me laugh was that I still had more score than Donut, even though I ended 0/2  :V
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:15:36 PM by Jaimers »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #545 on: December 15, 2009, 04:53:24 PM »
MoF Stage 4 Normal perfected.

Yes! At laaaaast! [/Jafar] Took me long enough, no thanks to Aya's bullshit spells. I was also listening to this when playing the level, just for a change of pace (I know, it's Aya's theme remixed, but it's still epic). I wonder if it helped any? At least listening to music from outside the game helps pass the time easier as I restart levels over and over and over again.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:01:35 PM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #546 on: December 15, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
Just cleared Shikieiki's extra. Too bad the run sucked. Why didn't I clear it on the run where I got to Reimu with 4 spare lives and got an extend during it? I didn't even get the last extend this time.

Oh well, a clear's a clear, and I can now try Lunatic with Komachi and Shikieiki

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #547 on: December 15, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »
It's been a while since I've played touhou, specially since Mushi arrived a week and half ago, I haven't touched the game, but even before, I wasn't playing much anymore.

I just 1cc'd 3 games on Hard without even trying.

EoSD, PCB and IN... All in a row o_o

Why can't I 1cc SA and UFO Hard =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #548 on: December 15, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »
IaMP Normal 1cc with Patchouli! It's my first 1cc of the game, but I'm really irritated at the Suika battle. I lost a life because my computer decided HEY WANNA UPDATE THIS and gave Suika's second spellcard time to crush me :V

Why is this game so much harder than SWR/UNL :(

Also holy hell, Pandemonium. I knew about the HUD disappearing in advance but HOLY HELL, PANDEMONIUM.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:24:12 PM by Serafie »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #549 on: December 15, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »

Because they're far tougher than PCB Lunatic?

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #550 on: December 15, 2009, 10:31:57 PM »

I had more trouble with UFO Hard than I did with PCB, IN, and SA Lunatic.

Heartbeam

« Reply #551 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
It's finished!

Because of the function of the bubble bullets it's currently harder to supergraze Deadly Dance Easy than on any other difficulty.  Not that much harder, it just needs a slight adjustment but three to one makes it the odd one out.  Lyrica's opener even at max rank is nowhere near as difficult as I had initially feared. 

« Reply #552 on: December 15, 2009, 10:52:50 PM »
Lyrica's opener even at max rank is nowhere near as difficult as I had initially feared.
...wait, but PCB doesn't have rank.

...right?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #553 on: December 15, 2009, 10:56:08 PM »
Serafie: It does, although it doesn't play a very large role compared to EoSD, or PC 98 games.

nintendonut888

« Reply #554 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
...wait, but PCB doesn't have rank.

...right?

It's attacks like Lyrica's opener that demonstrate that rank DOES exist in PCB. >.> Granted, I've never noticed it anywhere else in the game, but it definitely changes that attack into something much harder.

I had more trouble with UFO Hard than I did with PCB, IN, and SA Lunatic.

Why? I'm really not meaning to be condenscending, but I want to know why everyone has so much trouble with UFO hard. UFO lunatic I understand, but UFO hard isn't really any harder than your average hard mode.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #555 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »
UFO hard isn't really any harder than your average hard mode.

Yes it is! >:(

Because they're far tougher than PCB Lunatic?

I know >.< I've reached Yuyuko a few times but never had enough lives to beat her... Gave up on it a while ago..

Maybe I should try it again
Watch me on Youtube

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #556 on: December 15, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »

...What. The utter absurdity of this statement amazes me.

« Reply #557 on: December 15, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »
I'm kinda inclined to agree with 'nut. As much as hard mode slaughters me, I can usually at least make it past stage 1 without dying. Meanwhile, SA and PCB hard modes are nearly impossible for me to beat stage one without losing at least one life (largely due to both the stage and Yamame for SA and Cirno and Letty in PCB).

To its credit though, I DO have to use bombs every now and then (usually to Nazrin's midboss card), which is rarer than when I'm against ones like Wriggle and Miniroko (though Autumn Sky and a Maiden's Heart sometimes necessitates one as well). Rumia is an outright joke.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:31:25 PM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #558 on: December 15, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
Maybe I should try it again

forget that, i just got my head handed to me during stage 3
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #559 on: December 15, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

Lies. I played EoSD and PCB Hard today and 1cc'd both without breaking a sweat. My last attempt at UFO hard ended at Shou after getting smashed by Ichirin, Murasa and Stage 5 in that order.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #560 on: December 15, 2009, 11:38:15 PM »
UFO lunatic I understand, but UFO hard isn't really any harder than your average hard mode.
Man, really? Personally, I found UFO Hard as difficult as MoF or PCB Lunatic, if not moreso. Maybe even EoSD. Granted, I sucked pretty hard at UFO routes and such at the time, but still... in my opinion, it's easily the most difficult Hard mode. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #561 on: December 15, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »
In an unrelated note, I think I finally have EoSD stage 4 worked out.
Except for the last OMGWTF bullet spam before Patchy, which is easy with a bomb.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #562 on: December 15, 2009, 11:56:03 PM »
In an unrelated note, I think I finally have EoSD stage 4 worked out.
Except for the last OMGWTF bullet spam before Patchy, which is easy with a bomb.

Damage the middle fairy until it's on the verge of death but don't kill it, then go to the left and kill each one from left-to-right.  It takes some practice to get the timing down but that's all there is to it.

Unless of course you're using lolReimuA, in which case you can consider it an instabomb.

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
« Reply #563 on: December 16, 2009, 12:25:26 AM »
0/0 clear of MoF Stage 4 hard, while the up arrow on my keyboard was stuck. The left arrow stuck halfway into the Aya fight for added fun.
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #564 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:02 AM »
Finally beat Ran, after many many tries :V. Though I still can't 1cc anything on Normal. >_>

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #565 on: December 16, 2009, 12:36:09 AM »
after getting smashed by Ichirin, Murasa and Stage 5 in that order.
Think about that for a minute. Can there be any other order (I imagine you're doing story mode)?

I'm afraid I can't really comment on how tough it is to 1cc any Hard Mode, let alone UFO's, since I haven't tried yet (and haven't played UFO yet). I'll at least have time over winter break to do legit practice.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:38:25 AM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #566 on: December 16, 2009, 12:36:31 AM »
I 1cc'd PCB normal :D, its my first no-continue clear of a touhou game as well!

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #567 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:15 AM »
I 1cc'd PCB normal :D, its my first no-continue clear of a touhou game as well!

hey congratulations!

I never really understood why so many people skip easy >_>

It helped me a lot :P

as for myself, I just reached Utsuho hard...

something I hadn't done for months lol.. since i was trying to 1cc SA Normal >_>
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:46:33 AM by lmagus »
Watch me on Youtube

nintendonut888

« Reply #568 on: December 16, 2009, 12:56:53 AM »
:\

Maybe it's all my practice, but I really don't see why...I mean, with even a semi-planned UFO route you can easily nab 10 lives, and the danmaku, while above average, can still be fought with the same stuff that works in all the other games. I guess I'm just a freak, but it took me much longer to do PCB lunatic and SA lunatic compared to UFO lunatic.

Jaimers

« Reply #569 on: December 16, 2009, 01:16:38 AM »
:\

Maybe it's all my practice, but I really don't see why...I mean, with even a semi-planned UFO route you can easily nab 10 lives, and the danmaku, while above average, can still be fought with the same stuff that works in all the other games. I guess I'm just a freak, but it took me much longer to do PCB lunatic and SA lunatic compared to UFO lunatic.

Well, to be fair, you already had a shitton of experience in these kinds of games before you even touched UFO. Off course it's going to be somewhat easier if you already managed to 1cc the other games on lunatic.

As for me, I'd say the hardest was SA. I still remember thinking to myself how stage 4 hard could possibly get anymore hard on lunatic. It could actually... a lot more.  :V