Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163031 times)

Formless God

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #420 on: December 09, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »
Yesterday I (sorta) owned Suwacko. Today it's Nue :V

UFO Extra Clear.

Panic bomb at Grudge Bow thanks to that silly death AT THE FIRST WAVE, BUT it's a clear :V
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:21:06 AM by Formless God »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #421 on: December 09, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
Reimu's last spell rush is up for anyone interested.

UFO Stage 3 - No Deaths/No Bombs
Inspired by this post.  Something felt weird about someone congratulating me in the same post where they threw up an accomplishment I was Parseeing over in return, so I had to fix that.

I still have more score. :yukkuri:

No seriously, good job.
Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to grind VoWG.  :V

« Reply #422 on: December 09, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
Keyboard stopped messing up long enough for me 1cc UFO last night with MarisaA. Finished 0/0.

The thing is I don't know how I 1cc'd.

Seriously, watch.

Formless God

« Reply #423 on: December 09, 2009, 02:22:52 PM »
Lost all lives to Koishi somewhere during PoaHP. I can SOMEHOW survive the 2nd wave, but not the last one ANYMORE =(
I sticked around to the end though ... and captured Subterranean Rose :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #424 on: December 09, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
Victory! Capping Blue UFOs, I have captured all UFO extras spells at least once!

Bananamatic

« Reply #425 on: December 09, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
Victory! Capping Blue UFOs, I have captured all UFO extras spells at least once!
how the fuck did you cap grudge bow

also 315m UFO extra run.
Blew Kogasa's first card and Rainbow UFO, so it wasn't that good.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #426 on: December 09, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »

First Hard Clear evar
Damn, EoSD is full of Backstab-o bullets
(I think it is the most awful score I ever had) (lol 42 fps when printscreening)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:32:52 PM by DgBarca »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #427 on: December 09, 2009, 05:59:48 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6375

Why is it that when I play Touhou for the lulz, I do better than if I had tried to do a serious run?

Jaimers

« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
FINALLY perfected MoF stage 6 lunatic.
There were so many bawwwww failures before, you wouldn't believe.

This means the only stage in MoF I haven't perfected yet is stage 4.
Yeah... this one will take a while.  :V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2009, 12:56:46 AM »

Join the club.  I actually don't give a damn about it because I don't feel like letting success hinge on whether or not Peerless Wind God feels like being nice to me (not to mention that, because of Peerless Wind God and my refusal to practice the stage because of it, I'm not exactly consistent on a lot of other parts of the stage either).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

ebarrett

« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2009, 02:54:52 AM »

First LLS run in two months to not end in a ragequit before Orange.  :V

10/30? NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT
Then again I didn't remember shit  :V

By far the easiest lunatic.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #431 on: December 10, 2009, 04:25:15 AM »
See, I should be angry that this happened, but now that I know why this happened I can only laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYdvLrM8cOU

I managed to erase my Mystic Square data. After thinking and experimenting I realized what I did: After exiting the game a couple weeks ago I got bored and wondered if you could actually do anything in the command prompt. Putting my limited DOS knowledge to the test and entering "dir" to bring up any available files, it actually did bring up a number of them. I entered a few of them in, got no response and shut off the emulator. Well, turns out one of them I tried was "reset." Well, guess what that did? :V

But then this got me thinking. In this video, there was a picture of Shinki. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that more complete than her in-game art? So what would happen if I did this in other games? Reseting my Lotus Land Story data (after backing it up this time of course), a similar screen popped up and who else would greet me than:

Holy shit, Gengetu has full-body art. Full body art obscured by that pesky logo, but still...awesome! Now I wonder if there's anything else interesting to be found in the other three games by doing this...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Formless God

« Reply #432 on: December 10, 2009, 05:39:31 AM »

Pacifist Koishi, Reimu spell-card rush, perfect Ichirin, perfect Kanako ... in such a short time. Any tips ? :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #433 on: December 10, 2009, 06:07:40 AM »

Sorry Flan, not this time!  ;) Alternate pun: Sooo, are you satisfied Sapz?

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6389

That makes every stage in EoSD lunatic/extra beaten no deaths. :D I'm still waiting for someone else to manage Remi (well there's Phar but he doesn't count :V)

As for how this run was different, I don't know. I bombed only when it was obvious I would die otherwise (all three instances in the replay showed me completely cornered). I say the biggest factor for pulling this off was me giving up hope once I was forced to use a bomb on ATWTBN and deciding to "go out with style on Q.E.D" (I thinking the same thing on my ancient "epic phantasm clear"). And yes, you can't tell because of the speedup, but I really was focus dancing that entire time out of celebration. ;D And then the results screen had the gall to say I DID die once, probably because I deathbombed once.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #434 on: December 10, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
That makes every stage in EoSD lunatic/extra beaten no deaths. :D I'm still waiting for someone else to manage Remi (well there's Phar but he doesn't count :V)

I no-bombed the stage with four deaths a few times, which technically has the same margin for error as a 1LC.  Except it looks manlier. 8)

And it's easier but no-one needs to know that. >_>

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2009, 06:29:47 AM »
MoF Normal story beaten with ReimuB, spending about half-an-hour on Stage 6 alone. Took much less time than for me to pass Stage 4 Normal the first time (I'll stop here as what would follow belongs in the rage thread).

On the side, MoF Stages 1, 2, 3, and 5 Normal perfected with ReimuB. I feel like I'm getting a bit better at "macro" movement by playing this game, with its Faith-based gameplay calling for me to collect items and use the POC the old-fashioned way a lot more than in SA.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ebarrett

« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2009, 06:48:28 AM »

PoDD lunatic Rikako 1cc.

Rikako is top tier, folks. I mean THROUGH THE ROOF, INTO THE SKY top. Took me two attempts while suffering from sleep deprivation. Rikako can and will out-bullshit anyone, and eats Chiyuri alive.

Apparently I hit PRINTSCREEN before the final stage bonus finished counting into the final score.  :V
Also:only one death = three or four less rounds played than the average = the score didn't make it into my top ten (which is cluttered with Kana failures)  :V

Jaimers

« Reply #437 on: December 10, 2009, 06:59:56 AM »
PoDD lunatic Rikako 1cc.

Rikako is top tier, folks. I mean THROUGH THE ROOF, INTO THE SKY top. Took me two attempts while suffering from sleep deprivation. Rikako can and will out-bullshit anyone, and eats Chiyuri alive.

Apparently I hit PRINTSCREEN before the final stage bonus finished counting into the final score.  :V
Also:only one death = three or four less rounds played than the average = the score didn't make it into my top ten (which is cluttered with Kana failures)  :V

Awesome. Congrats on being the first one outside of Japan to do this without using either Reimu or Yumemi. \o/
Did you manage to do it on camera?

ebarrett

« Reply #438 on: December 10, 2009, 07:22:50 AM »
Did you manage to do it on camera?

I honestly didn't think I'd get it so quickly, so I wasn't recording - you might have noticed that my PoDD videos stutter a bit.... well, that's what I get in-game when I run both the emulator and the recording software. And there is also the matter of needing to play windowed. So yeah, I wasn't willing to add another layer of difficulty without first knowing what I was getting into.

Of course, now that I know that it is perfectly doable, I'll record and upload a run as soon as possible. There are some minor differences in how to play Rikako due to her slooooooow charge speed, but in the end it doesn't hinder her in the slightest once you know what you're doing. Baity mentioned that Kana often falls victim to her own boss attack, since you have to dodge everything getting reflected back at you all at once; the AI gets a taste of this when facing Rikako. The whole freakin' time.  :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #439 on: December 10, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
It's a shame Kana's virtually impossible to beat lunatic with, because I like her movement. BTW, Ebarrett isn't the first to beat lunatic without Reimu or Yumemi; Ruro is like the SECOND person to beat it outside of Japan period and she did it with Marisa.

Formless God

« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
SA Extra Clear ! That's three Extra bosses in a row :V

suki-gin

• EMBRACE THE POWER OF LOVE!
  • Girl is doing her best.
    • My blog
« Reply #441 on: December 10, 2009, 10:38:14 AM »
Got a Logitech Rumblepad 2 last night and after giving it a try on a current favourite game (SA), it feels as if I've managed quite well, possibly better than I am with a keyboard
(어떡하죠) 어떡하죠 (떨리는 나는)  떨리는 나는요(두근) 두근 두근 거려 밤에 잠도 못이루죠 나는 나는 바본가봐요 그대 그대밖에 모르는 바보 그래요 그대 보는 날

Jaimers

« Reply #442 on: December 10, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
Pacifist Koishi, Reimu spell-card rush, perfect Ichirin, perfect Kanako ... in such a short time. Any tips ? :V

Honestly, I have no idea what I do to do what I do.
I guess when you reach a certain level of skill, these kind of things will follow up very quickly.
Knowing the stages and patterns and being able to clear them consistently helps a great deal.
For pure dodging, playing PoFV and PoDD is a great way to improve your skills in that area. So does StB BTW.

Got a Logitech Rumblepad 2 last night and after giving it a try on a current favourite game (SA), it feels as if I've managed quite well, possibly better than I am with a keyboard

I'm using a Logitech Precision gamepad, these things are pretty awesome for Touhou.
Never really managed to be fancy with a keyboard. I don't know, it's just not my thing.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #443 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:51 PM »
1cc'd SoEW(onderland) and SoEW(ind) normal!
Now only HRtP is left, and then, to Hard!
(Yes HRtP does count goddamnit)

Jaimers

« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
UFO Stage 3 - No Deaths/No Bombs

Inspired by this post.  Something felt weird about someone congratulating me in the same post where they threw up an accomplishment I was Parseeing over in return, so I had to fix that.

Hey Krim, remember this post?
Yeah, I was also parseeing, so I fixed it as well!  ;D

Holy shit I managed to pull it off. VoWG timeout NDNB. In less than 9 months, I've climbed my way from the very bottom to pretty high in the top. When I first saw these lunatic players, I thought I would never be as good as them. But I was determined! I went on a journey of trial and hardship. It was a long and hard journey, a journey few people have managed to survive. I've known the taste of defeat and failure. But still, I kept going. I was not going to back down. So I spit in the face of defeat and claimed victory, and oh, it was glorious~

Cheesy enough for you?  :V
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:35:02 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2009, 03:41:44 PM »
Jesus Christ dude.
Good job.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »
Congrats man. You're the fourth, right? I wonder how many more people will be motivated to get a perfect VoWG time-out after seeing you and Krim.

Only four outside Japan are known for this, but is there any sort of count of people within Japan that have pulled off a perfect VoWG time-out? Just curious here.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Formless God

« Reply #447 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »

Holy shit I managed to pull it off. VoWG timeout NDNB. In less than 9 months, I've climbed my way from the very bottom to pretty high in the top. When I first saw these lunatic players, I thought I would never be as good as them. But I was determined! I went on a journey of trial and hardship. It was a long and hard journey, a journey few people have managed to survive. I've known the taste of defeat and failure. But still, I kept going. I was not going to back down. So I spit in the face of defeat and claimed victory, and oh, it was glorious~

Cheesy enough for you?  :V

I'm not surprised. You have the STRONGEST PLAY TIME :V Oh wait ... less than that ? But it's amazing anyway.

Aaaaaargh that's it. I'll be the fifth :V. Let's see if I can make it after 4 months :V

« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2009, 04:02:23 PM »
Zetzumarshen(.ASP) has done it too.  Twice. :P

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »

Touch?.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.