Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162575 times)

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #390 on: December 08, 2009, 12:11:42 AM »
I once reached extra's Patchouli with something like 666676 score. I cried.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #391 on: December 08, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »
Well, I somehow managed to reach Orin's ghost wheels on SA Hard @_@ I guess I'll just have to keep trying, maybe I can manage to get a 1cc... Somehow...

« Reply #392 on: December 08, 2009, 12:30:22 AM »
My new lucky number is 155.

I captured VoWG on attempt 155.
Now I've captured Hourai Jewel on attempt 155.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6339

Also, I've noticed that everything I've attempted today seems easier after UFO Lunatic. :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 01:02:16 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #393 on: December 08, 2009, 02:44:52 AM »
Just captured Marisa's Last Word, Blazing Star, without using any unfocused movement. I did do unfocused movement after it was captured though.

I don't know if I could have gotten back to the other side at the end either, so I went to the bottom corner and hoped for the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e69n4yWG-V4

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #394 on: December 08, 2009, 04:57:56 AM »
Inspired by Jaimers (jealousy of being able to perfect that horrific stage...rising...), I perfected Ichirin again. If it weren't for the horrible second blue spam being freaking impossible I wouldn't consider a perfect impossible for myself.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #395 on: December 08, 2009, 05:43:33 AM »

nintendonut888

« Reply #396 on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:21 AM »
lol first try lucky me

VoWG timeout.

死ぬがよい >:(

After FINALLY getting CtC to work, I discovered...that the game is just as half-baked as I remember it being. I sightread 1cc'd Marisa B normal 0/0, many of those deaths being because of this game's delightful tendency to spawn bullets on top of you. Maybe I've just been spoiled by ZUN's danmaku, but this...just isn't my thing. :| I wanna fight white Reimu on lunatic though~ I had to lol at the time limit because without even trying hard or knowing how the scoring system works I had 8 minutes to beat her.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #397 on: December 08, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »
I had to lol at the time limit because without even trying hard or knowing how the scoring system works I had 8 minutes to beat her.

Make that 8 seconds on lunatic if you do not gain any additional Hakurei points.  :V
Just to warn you, some of her attacks are utter garbage on lunatic, especially her second to last card. You have like 2 seconds here to navigate an extremely dense wave of bullets to reach the corner of the screen before you can kiss your ass goodbye. Also lol Mokou's rings of doom.

Still, I reckon a 1cc won't take too long. I almost did it on my first serious attempt without much practice at all and that was one hell of a bombspam.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #398 on: December 08, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »
The talk of CtC is making me want to go back and play it (a while back, I toyed around with the idea of getting a youtube-worthy run of S4).  However, the game reminds me how bad it is to be obsessive about things; I don't feel like playing it because everyone's names starting from Ran are broken for some odd reason (Ran is named "%", Yukari is named "Power Up", and I believe either Youmu or Yuyuko is named "RETRY?").

Such a stupid reason for me to not play it, because I like it otherwise (aside from Spell Practice being lame due to Danmakufu load times, but if I pretend it's not there, it's all good, since 90% of the series doesn't give you that luxury in the first place).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Formless God

« Reply #399 on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »
I'm not good at writing cheesy posts ...

It's been 3 and a half months since I got brutally raep'd by UFO Easy, and now I could survive ALL sort of attacks in UFO S6 Lunatic (not in one run of course ...) and A 2ND EXTRA CLEAR :V

2nd attempt at Suwako today. (I, uhh ... kinda cheated on the first attempt, but upon viewing the replay, I only lost all of my lives at Suwa War, which led me to do this run). Should've done better (fairy, Mishaguji-sama, etc.) ... but it's a clear anyway.

The skill down is gone. Wheeee :V

Jaimers

« Reply #400 on: December 08, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
The talk of CtC is making me want to go back and play it (a while back, I toyed around with the idea of getting a youtube-worthy run of S4).  However, the game reminds me how bad it is to be obsessive about things; I don't feel like playing it because everyone's names starting from Ran are broken for some odd reason (Ran is named "%", Yukari is named "Power Up", and I believe either Youmu or Yuyuko is named "RETRY?").

Such a stupid reason for me to not play it, because I like it otherwise (aside from Spell Practice being lame due to Danmakufu load times, but if I pretend it's not there, it's all good, since 90% of the series doesn't give you that luxury in the first place).

Uhm... that's not supposed to happen at all.  :V
I think some of your files are corrupt.

Also you can get a standalone spellpractice at the creaters' website. This one eliminates all loading times and adds a new last word for every character.

« Reply #401 on: December 08, 2009, 01:09:49 PM »
Gave up on Yukari's myself. Getting hit by a barbed wire bat in the face is less painful than that.

That's probably true but it can't possibly be worse than Reimu's.

« Reply #402 on: December 08, 2009, 01:46:03 PM »
It is worse than Reimu's. You have to do perfectly for about 4-5 times as long as you do on Reimu's. Can't remember what the timer on it was.

I can only capture the part that was in PCB. I die to the first new wave.

Did a 1 bomb run on Mystia earlier. Too bad I'm not consistent enough to do it again. I'm definitely getting better at her. Still need some work on Keine's spells though.

nintendonut888

« Reply #403 on: December 08, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »
Make that 8 seconds on lunatic if you do not gain any additional Hakurei points.  :V
Just to warn you, some of her attacks are utter garbage on lunatic, especially her second to last card. You have like 2 seconds here to navigate an extremely dense wave of bullets to reach the corner of the screen before you can kiss your ass goodbye. Also lol Mokou's rings of doom.

Still, I reckon a 1cc won't take too long. I almost did it on my first serious attempt without much practice at all and that was one hell of a bombspam.

Screw the rest of the game, I really want to fight white Reimu for personal reasons. Is there a way to just unlock everything for lunatic stage practice?

nintendonut888

« Reply #404 on: December 08, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »
Just captured Devil's Recitation at 1.00 power. That's pretty cool.

« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »
All this talk of CtC makes me want someone to Youtube the full last-spell sequence, since my machine hates applocale and anything to do with Danfumaku.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Jaimers

« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »
Screw the rest of the game, I really want to fight white Reimu for personal reasons. Is there a way to just unlock everything for lunatic stage practice?

Funny story: everything for lunatic was already unlocked when I got back to the game after, I dunno 4 months of not playing it? I don't remember ever clearing stage 6 lunatic before. There was no previous gamedata when I got the game either.
Spoiler:
I had reset the savedata so you wouldn't cheat, sorry. :X

All this talk of CtC makes me want someone to Youtube the full last-spell sequence, since my machine hates applocale and anything to do with Danfumaku.

I will definitely try this. So far the biggest obstacle is her fourth last spell. I just can't find the gaps, it's extremely luck-based it seems.
I find her final one the easiest.  :V

Formless God

« Reply #407 on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »
YES. Tried a serious UFO Extra and got all the way to Undefined Darkness. This is entirely possible :V

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
I had the brilliant idea last night to play something not called UFO Hard, so I decided to do a blind run of PCB-- I haven't played it in months now, and I've forgotten most everything about it.

Bahahahahahaha

Also, through the power of bombspam, I played PCB Extra for the first time in over a year and I somehow got to the noncard after Unilateral Contact. Wheeeeeeeeeee.

Jaimers

« Reply #409 on: December 08, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
Caught all of White Reimu's last spells in a row on CtC!

Hard mode though because I suck.
No seriously, the lunatic cards are annoying as fuck, especially her second and fourth.
The second is OHGOD backshots and the fourth is LOLCLIPDEATH with occasional walling for good measure.

Should I upload this to youtube? I'm kind of hesitant because it's, meh hard mode, but doing the same thing on lunatic seems very unlikely.

Oh yeah, how do you get rid of the "demo play" on screen during replays again?

nintendonut888

« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »
So is there a way to download a score.dat or whatever CtC uses or what?

Also, nice job Ruro~ I bet you could beat PCB extra with just a little more effort.

Jaimers

« Reply #411 on: December 08, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »
So is there a way to download a score.dat or whatever CtC uses or what?

I honestly have no idea, just go through it once on lunatic. You don't even have to beat the timer to unlock stage 6 anyway.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »
Woah, hold on a second. Did I just beat Flan?

Needless to say, I'm thrilled that I cleared my first Extra stage, and to make it better, I made it past QED even though I have never played against it before.

I'm.. at a loss for words right now. I just can't believe that I made it, even after screwing up on some parts.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2009, 12:36:17 AM »
Woah, hold on a second. Did I just beat Flan?

Needless to say, I'm thrilled that I cleared my first Extra stage, and to make it better, I made it past QED even though I have never played against it before.

I'm.. at a loss for words right now. I just can't believe that I made it, even after screwing up on some parts.

If you beat Flandre, you can DEFINITELY beat Mokou and Ran. Go for IN and PCB's Extra stages next.

« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2009, 12:50:02 AM »
Caught all of White Reimu's last spells in a row on CtC!

Should I upload this to youtube?

YES! PLEASE!

And so I'm not double-posting, I just perfected Koishi. Not SA extra as a whole though (g.d. Bumper Rice Crop) but the Koishi fight was no deaths, no bombs and I finished with the max 6 lives in stock.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:52:23 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2009, 01:24:11 AM »
I still say this counts as an accomplishment:

I did my presentation in my Music course today on Suwa Foughten Field. :V

I was going to do Lullaby but decided with about 2 hours to do SFF instead.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2009, 06:01:07 AM »
Downloaded Mountain of Faith this afternoon, all Easy stages perfected with ReimuB. The only one that took some serious practice was Stage 6, no thanks to the unusually dense arrays of bullet patterns pretty much everywhere in the level.

I still say this counts as an accomplishment:

I did my presentation in my Music course today on Suwa Foughten Field. :V

I was going to do Lullaby but decided with about 2 hours to do SFF instead.
Sounds pretty cool. What about the song did you present?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2009, 07:09:27 AM »
Sounds pretty cool. What about the song did you present?
Basically just broke it down into its component pieces, talked about stuff like key (SFF jumps around), structure, balance, stuff like that.  The course is focusing on classical stuff, so there isn't a whole lot of overlap between the two. :D

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »
If you beat Flandre, you can DEFINITELY beat Mokou and Ran. Go for IN and PCB's Extra stages next.
Just tried PCB and beat Ran with 1 extra life left. :V

Oh wow. I'm just one spellcard capture away from unlocking Phantasm.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:54:55 AM by Scooter1000 »

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #419 on: December 09, 2009, 09:11:28 AM »
UFO Stage 3 - No Deaths/No Bombs

Inspired by this post.  Something felt weird about someone congratulating me in the same post where they threw up an accomplishment I was Parseeing over in return, so I had to fix that.

UFO perfect stage 3 lunatic.

Remember those times when people said this was the epitome of bullshit?
I do. Those were great times.

Also congrats Krim!
Someday I will be able to pull this off as well.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.