Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 163038 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2009, 07:39:17 PM »
Ah ha ha ha...oh my god...

Curious, though: is Reimu's backfired orange spam always aimed around you?  It looked like it at first, but you had to bomb the later ones...

EDIT:  Hey, I got to Reimu!  Without doing anything differently, though, so I dunno if your replay helped at all.  Also, yes, it is, but hell if I know where to go to dodge the red yin-yang orbs.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:46:51 PM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »
Perfected SG Extra's Stage Part. Unfortunately, I died at Marisa's last phase in the same run. The fuck?

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2009, 01:53:04 AM »
Did LLS Extra again. Had four lives left at the end this time. What I'm really amazed at though, is my score. 51,515,470. Those videos of LLS Extra I've watched that Baity has... Those don't even reach 65 million for the high score. Wait, how the hell did I get within 15 million points of his, I thought I sucked at scoring O_O

Eh, just something I noticed that I decided to comment on :V Those extra 15 million points are probably hard as hell to get, I'm just amazed that I can get even close to half the score that someone like Baity has, much less over 5/6 of it. And then he used Reimu in those videos instead of Marisa A, so the bonus from ending enemies attacks quicker would be less... Wait, why the hell am I even mentioning any of this? Maybe I'm just crazy or something...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2009, 01:57:48 AM »
Oh MAN that felt liberating. SoEW extra no rapid fire for the second time ever (though the other time was windowed). This surprisingly only took two tries, the first of which had me dying in the first 30 seconds. I wonder if It'd be suicide to try making better runs after this with double tapping...? I'll upload this whenever I get around to it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2009, 02:30:00 AM »
AAAAAAAAH!!!

Shuuso Gyoku Extra clear!  With a life left in stock, no less!  Pure luck on Reimu's second to last phase was the only reason I didn't finish 0/0.

It's kind of funny how Reimu's last couple phases are the easiest part of the whole thing.

Now I should probably go back and actually 1cc Shuuso Gyoku...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2009, 03:41:04 AM »
You beat Extra before 1ccing Normal?  That's... interesting.  But still, CONGRATULATIONS!

Now try Banshiryuu's Extra stage.

nintendonut888

« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2009, 04:16:23 AM »
Wait a minute, how did you even unlock extra? I tried unlocking homing VIVIT for extra by beating the game on easy mode, but it didn't work.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #307 on: December 04, 2009, 04:27:58 AM »
Wait a minute, how did you even unlock extra? I tried unlocking homing VIVIT for extra by beating the game on easy mode, but it didn't work.

All you need to do is beat the game on I believe Normal or above (1ccing isn't necessary), and Extra will be unlocked.  And in BSR-C74, you can beat it on any difficulty (Thank God).

I guess that's one aspect where Seihou is more forgiving than Touhou.  Well, that and their power systems. =V
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:32:11 AM by Azinth »

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2009, 04:34:13 AM »
Mine came with it unlocked, so whatever.

Congrats. You going to Youtube it? There aren't that many clears of it on Youtube.

Also, I've been trying for weeks and still haven't done it. =V Fucking Marisa god modes when I perfect/no miss the stage.

Oh, and I finally figured out why I don't consistantly get the maximum # of points at the beginning of Samidare Extra(I aim for 11 Million or something like that); I kill some enemies in the second wave without the 16x bonus. Waiting a bit before shooting(like, about half a second) with my shield up fixes that up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:36:38 AM by SMD-31-FX »

theshirn

« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2009, 05:15:25 AM »
Congrats. You going to Youtube it? There aren't that many clears of it on Youtube.

Also, I've been trying for weeks and still haven't done it. =V Fucking Marisa god modes when I perfect/no miss the stage.
Yes, yes she bloody well does.  I have the stage down to a single bomb, so I can (barring any stupidity) get to Marisa 3/2 consistently, but...hell, most runs don't even make it to Reimu...and the real make-or-break moment on Reimu is her bloody second phase.  I always get orb'ed.

I'd youtube it...if I saved the replay...which I didn't...

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »
Hmm great to post in here for once.
PCB Phantasm stage cleared  :V
Half of her cards are actually easier than Ran's version, but still...
Had some weird fail, my death on the 2nd card was identical to one I had on a previous attempt and I thought 'I am gonna hit by the left angled ball so hard you won't believe it!' *gets hit* 'told ya!'. And an awesome clipdeath after that illusion card or w/e it's called (where she teleports) strangely identical to a previous run.

I'm glad I finally got to try that last one of hers, and I didn't fail as epically as I thought I would
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6281

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2009, 02:11:45 AM »
Having never seen Kanako's final spellcard on Normal, I captured it on my first try.

USING REIMU C.

nintendonut888

« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2009, 03:11:32 AM »

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6282

Not bad considering I haven't done a full run of EoSD in months, and especially since it was with Reimu A. There's a lot of cool things about this run (such as running out of bombs on Meiling's opener and still keeping all my lives until the books), but the real highlight is that I never die with bombs in stock. :V Cleared 3/2.

« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2009, 05:02:11 AM »
I was really bored today.

In order of clear: (attempts on Lightly Falling Large Raindrops / Peaceful Dark Clouds / Bow of Yorimasa Genzanmi)

Sanae B (40/21/5)
Sanae A (22/16/4)
Marisa B (16/7/4)
Reimu B (9/4/2)
Marisa A (7/3/1)
Reimu A (9/5/1)

It's nice to steadily get more consistent at the stage, even with different shot types.

nintendonut888

« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2009, 05:49:29 AM »
Oh cool, I did it with Reimu B too. Guess that makes EoSD the second shooter I've beaten with all shot types. :V This run was considerably worse than the last though, so no replay.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2009, 08:58:32 AM »

Words cannot express just how happy I am at the moment.

Bananamatic

« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2009, 02:18:05 PM »
Reached st5 final card after dying 2 times in st2. :V

EDIT: And that was with 2 extends still awaiting for me and errors.
I can totally do this shit.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:20:46 PM by Bananamatic »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2009, 03:00:02 PM »

And with a teary-eyed Byakuren ends my quest to copy Donut 1cc every Touhou game on lunatic. \o/
I even managed to do a perfect Ichirin fight for the first time.  :o
Ended with two lives to spare.

Man, when I first started playing these games in early April this year, I would never have expected to get this far.
This is an example that a man can do anything if he puts his mind to it.

And with that, let me just say, YEAAAAAH

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »
wow contratulations!!
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
Awesome :V

I've started in June and never really played it for that long(except for VoWG)

That means I have 2 months to do all lunatics :V

« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
I first started playing these games in early April this year
WAIT WHAT HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »
Awesome :V

I've started in June and never really played it for that long(except for VoWG)

That means I have 2 months to do all lunatics :V

I started in late june/early july...

and I haven't even finished all Hard modes yet... although i don't have that much time to play :/

damn! gotta finish SA and UFO already :/
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- :parsee:

Huge congrats, man. That 1cc was really quick!

Hopefully it won't take me too much longer to do it myself...
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »

And with a teary-eyed Byakuren ends my quest to copy Donut 1cc every Touhou game on lunatic. \o/
I even managed to do a perfect Ichirin fight for the first time.  :o
Ended with two lives to spare.

Man, when I first started playing these games in early April this year, I would never have expected to get this far.
This is an example that a man can do anything if he puts his mind to it.

Congrats! It's a really great feeling to-

Wait, you started playing in April of this year?

:'( <-- Took just under two years to do it

No really, good job. Where do you go from here?

« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
I don't remember when I started. I know I did sometime after Bananamatic 1cc'd most of the normals, but I don't remember exactly.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
Wait, April? Talk about getting good quickly. That just adds extra spice to your accomplishment. Congrats on the 1ccs!

I've been playing a month and I'm already on SA Hard, but I'm not sure I'll be able to 1cc all lunatics faster than that. Not to mention SA is the only Touhou game I have that I take seriously at the moment - I have UNL, but I haven't been willing to learn any of the (horrible) characters who have story modes, focusing instead on human vs. human fighting. I might feel like downloading MoF and/or EoSD sometime soon, however.

I guess I better get back on topic. Perfected SA Stages 1 and 2 on Hard - 1 last night and 2 earlier this afternoon. As I continue to nail these, I'm able to see just how much better I'm getting at movement control. I still have a ways to go, but I'm having great fun challenging myself like this.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Bananamatic

« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2009, 08:38:36 PM »
 One down, 10 to go:yukkuri:

Finished with 4 lives, 1 bomb.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:40:30 PM by Bananamatic »

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »

Better than my completely illegitimate first 1cc where I finished 0/0 (and got through Resurrection Butterfly through sheer border/bomb spam brute force) :V

Of course I captured Resurrection Butterfly on like the first st6 practice try after that, GO FIGURE.  I don't even want to talk about the SA 1cc I failed due to dying on Ten Evil Stars.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:53:25 PM by Lybydose »

« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

That's amusing, PCB was my first Lunatic and my first clear ended with the exact same amount of lives.  Congratz. :toot:

Also:

SG stage 4 Lunatic 1 death no bombs.

That purple wave is complete bullshit and I have no idea how to even read it.  And there were at least two patterns that I dodged by sheer luck; one of the aimed yellow/red waves during the stage (It's usually easy, I just got greedy with graze), and BoWaP... I don't know what the hell I was doing there.  I did end up capturing her last pattern though, ironically enough.

If I can figure out that purple wave and not fuck up the rest I could possibly do this.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2009, 10:07:29 PM »
No really, good job. Where do you go from here?

I've got no intention of quitting Touhou anytime soon, so don't worry.  :V

What to do? Well from the top of my head:
- PCB lunatic 1cc, no bombs or borders broken
- CtC lunatic 1cc, because you were to lazy to do it nobody has done this yet to my knowledge.
- The story of Eastern Wind, no deaths extra stage
- LLS, perfect extra stage
And much, much more. There's wayyy too much to do. D:

Congrats! Once you've done one, the rest will soon follow.  ;)

I believe my first lunatic was EoSD's, so beginning with one of the hardest helped a lot I believe.  :V