Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 162601 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2009, 06:03:39 AM »
I also nearly beat Marisa no deaths, but she brought up her suns when she only had a sliver of life left. D:
How can you tell? Is there some kind of secret boss lifebar I don't know about? =V

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2009, 06:05:32 AM »
I can tell by the fact that she died one second after breaking her suns the next time. :P

Err...if you can't do this consistently, there's something very wrong.  I only ever need one bomb unless I screw up lolstreaming.

Ranokay.jpg

Also you just made 90% of everyone who's ever played SoEW burst into tears. I hope you're happy.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »
Oh wow, two Lunatics in one day.  1cc PCB Lunatic using "not SakuyaA", finished at 0/0.  I honestly did not go into this with any expectations of finishing, especially since I haven't even touched Practice Mode.

Resurrection Butterfly was pretty much the worst thing ever.  I basically spammed enough bombs and borders that I was completely invulnerable nearly the entire time.

Replay and stuff.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:45:13 AM by Lybydose »

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
Took me like 5 restarts last night (generally on stage 3 or 4)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6140
SA Hard 1cc.

« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »
I wish there was a way to easily manipulate those bomb drops. Then I'd be able to beat Extra.

Normally I don't even get any during the game. Once, I got two either in a row or if not that not far apart. I've only gotten one in Extra once.

Also, is SoEW like the easiest Lunatic? You sure make it look like that.

« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2009, 07:55:44 PM »
I managed to capture the post-Momizi stuff at Lunatic. Not as hard as i thought it was but still unreliable. I can't do it a 100% of the time and i'd rather bomb than risk dying just to show off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6rAKjiC02Q

nintendonut888

« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6151

See Baity? It's not that I can't beat IN lunatic with anyone other than the border team. It's that shit like this happens when I do. First try, cold run, Scarlet team lunatic 1cc, finished 0/1. The run is so damn inconsistent; I fail Invisible Full Moon but capture Tele-mesmerism. Also I fully expect someone to come tell me that I'm using Remilia's bomb wrong.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2009, 10:40:20 PM »
UFO Normal 1cc as ReimuA.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6152

My first 1cc was NOT a fluke ^_^

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »
Whoa... I managed to reach Youmu's midboss card on PCB Lunatic O_O How the heck did I do that?

Oh, and I was one point item short of getting the 800 Extend when I game overed with no bombs left, so I would have reached Boss Youmu if I'd gotten just one more point item. Or had never died with bombs in stock =/ I do that more often than not, even with Reimu B's wonderful deathbomb time.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2009, 12:39:36 AM »
1cc UFO HardFINALLY.  Why is this harder than SA Lunatic?!

The only reason this run even succeeded is because I somehow perfected the Murasa fight, despite having never captured ANY of her spell cards except Foundering Anchor in practice.

« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2009, 03:13:51 AM »
I was showing off UFO easy to a friend and thus was explaining stuff and messing around, dying and using bombs on stage one and stuff, but somehow I still managed to pull a 1cc in the end :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2009, 04:05:03 AM »
So, I managed to clear EoSD Hard~ That was definitely tougher than PCB <.<

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6161

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2009, 07:52:03 AM »
A freaking SA Extra Clear. Sure, it might not have been using Marisa C like I told myself, but it's a start.

No deaths, actually, until Philosophy of a Hated Person.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2009, 08:17:39 AM »
This morning, I had 4 levels in StB unlocked and was struggling with a few of the scenes in Level 4.

Now I have Level 8 unlocked.

Easily the most progress I've made in a Touhou game within 1 day.

« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
Captured Complete Clarification Lunatic. Funny enough first attempt after i stopped restarting after Radiant Shit Gun. (excuse the immaturity but that card is fucking terrible.)

Now there is only three cards left... wonder if i can do them before i puke...

EDIT:

Thank you so much Baity! Your advice caused me to capture it on my second attempt after switching to your strategy. Radiant Treasure Gun Lunatic captured! Only two cards left... Vajra of Perfect Buddhism and Greatest Treasure.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:20:35 AM by Zengeku »

« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »
ALL SPELLS IN UFO CAPTURED!!!

HAHA!!! I just captured the final two spells i needed to capture, Vajra of Perfect Budhism (Hehe Sapz, 1/4) and Greatest Treasure (1/32 - Bombed it most of the time when shooting for RTG. Took 7-8 attempts.)

Now i can finally put the game back on the shelves my honour intact... okay i might play a little hard mode every now and then... in practice only.

Next up would be capturing all spells in SA. I'm only missing Satori's lunatic cards as ReimuC and Marisa ABC as well as Suika's final.

Edit: Captured Satori's third recollection spell as ReimuB. My overall evaluation of the Satori fight with ReimuiB would be that her first two recollection spells are overall pretty good spellcards. The final one is a little meh i think but a masterpiece compared to most of Murasas stuff.

Satori's third non-spell is balls though. Too tight gaps for my tastes.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:23:45 AM by Zengeku »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »
I don't recall there being a third  :V

Anyway, "Sinking Vortex" timeout. Now to work on the last non-spell.
EDIT: And this.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:11:31 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »
Whaaaaaaat.

I don't know whether I really deserved this or not.  I felt like I did well for a lot of the game, but holy crap did things fall apart at Dipper and the stage portion of Stage 5.  I believe I died to Dipper, then died again with both bombs in stock, then... did I die to Dipper again?  I can't remember.  Then I died once or twice in S5 with both bombs in stock as well, then miraculously pulled through Syou and Byakuren ending with .75/.66 in supplies (such a bad number to end with, because I made the wrong decision and tried chaining Reds instead of Greens in S6).

Well, regardless of whether or not I deserve it, I'm thankful to the benevolent goddess Suwako for blessing me with this 1cc.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »
Yaaaay! o/ Another person has finally beaten UFO lunatic. Great job Krim.

Bananamatic

« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
Taking bets on when it gets flagged as TAS

gj bro

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
Whaaaaaaat.

I don't know whether I really deserved this or not.  I felt like I did well for a lot of the game, but holy crap did things fall apart at Dipper and the stage portion of Stage 5.  I believe I died to Dipper, then died again with both bombs in stock, then... did I die to Dipper again?  I can't remember.  Then I died once or twice in S5 with both bombs in stock as well, then miraculously pulled through Syou and Byakuren ending with .75/.66 in supplies (such a bad number to end with, because I made the wrong decision and tried chaining Reds instead of Greens in S6).

Well, regardless of whether or not I deserve it, I'm thankful to the benevolent goddess Suwako for blessing me with this 1cc.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Congrats! Parseeing pretty hard over here. :3

* Sapz watches replay
Let's fight.

« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »
Another UFO Lunatic 1cc? Well good job!!! Or should i say, good resource management?  :V

« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2009, 09:12:20 PM »
Another UFO Lunatic 1cc? Well good job!!! Or should i say, good resource management?  :V
Touhou is a game of resource management practically by definition. =V

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2009, 09:34:56 PM »
Whaaaaaaat.

Congrats, I need to get around to doing this as wel.
*steals strategies

Oh, and I beat IaMP on lunatic and I'm damn proud of that.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2009, 09:39:48 PM »
MoF Lunatic 2cc, the first continue ending on Kanako's final nonspell. I think I can definitely pull this off in the near future.

I just need to lay down my hubris and bomb more. All deaths except for one were with at least 3 power...  :V

Also, gz Krim.  :toot:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »
Touhou is a game of resource management practically by definition. =V

Yes, but HrTP, SoEW, PoDD, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF and SA gives you all your resources automatically. You don't have to work for them.

That means that UFO makes resource management much more difficult. Not only can UFO's easily change their colors just before you grab them, they can retreat into a huge cloud of bullets, they can leave the screen etc.

And everytime they do that, you lose much needed resources.

« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »

nintendonut888

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »
Krim is my waifu.

:< When will it be my turn to have a waifu?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2009, 10:24:55 PM »
:< When will it be my turn to have a waifu?
Poor Gengetu must feel lonely.

« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2009, 10:37:58 PM »
Did Donut and Gengetu leave each other? How odd...

Here's my newest accomplishment! I'm bound to be the only player who is better at capturing Nitori's midboss card than i am at capturing Great Illusionary Waterfall. I must be doing something wrong...