Author Topic: How would this board feel about a UNL tournament?  (Read 48160 times)

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
Re: How would this board feel about a UNL tournament?
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »
I'd like to sign in as well (if it's not too late), even though I've never netplayed before. I'll be using Reisen, and I'm pretty sure I won't need Hamichi, since I fowarded port 10800 (which I think is what port it uses).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:58:38 AM by WhyDoYouLieToMe »

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2009, 09:00:04 PM »
I'd like to sign in as well (if it's not too late), even though I've never netplayed before. I'll be using Reisen, and I'm pretty sure I won't need Hamichi, since I fowarded port 10800 (which I think is what port it uses).
It would've been if I was here yesterday :V

Consider yourself added.  Brackets will be going up around 5 PM CST today if everything goes as planned (which in my case it usually doesn't).

OH HEY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED

Shooting for tomorrow now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:36:36 AM by Esoterica »

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »
I've tried to get players from.. my country (:p).. to participate, but I'm afraid that there won't be enough time until the registration period ends.. (lol @ myself, procrastinating TH12.3 practice.. I haven't even started experimenting with the characters' alt. spellcards :p)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »
I've tried to get players from.. my country (:p).. to participate, but I'm afraid that there won't be enough time until the registration period ends.. (lol @ myself, procrastinating TH12.3 practice.. I haven't even started experimenting with the characters' alt. spellcards :p)
Well, I've got a bracket made on paper, the problem is finding time to recreate it on a computer.  irl waits for no one. :V

But that aside, it *should* be up tonight.  And I'll need to play less Guilty Gear until I lose in this, because it's screwing me up. :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »
How much time will we have to face our opponents once the brackets are up? I won't have access to my computer for at least most of the night tonight (potentially all of it, though I hope not), so I hope that doesn't screw me over. Also, I imagine we can arrange our matches over the chat?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »
How much time will we have to face our opponents once the brackets are up? I won't have access to my computer for at least most of the night tonight (potentially all of it, though I hope not), so I hope that doesn't screw me over. Also, I imagine we can arrange our matches over the chat?
For round 1, I'm currently thinking "Until next Friday, but sooner if at all possible."

Go about setting up matches however.  If you want to use the thread for it, I have no objections.

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2009, 12:38:52 AM »
Well, I've got a bracket made on paper, the problem is finding time to recreate it on a computer.  irl waits for no one. :V

But that aside, it *should* be up tonight.  And I'll need to play less Guilty Gear until I lose in this, because it's screwing me up. :V

http://challonge.com/

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »
http://challonge.com/
Oh, I already have one made, I just haven't had time to put it in image format.

Though I could just post who's playing who for the first round so it's not holding this up.  In fact, I think I'll do that.  Expect an edit in a couple minutes.

Esoterica vs NeoSerela

Funen1 vs Demonbman

WhyDoYouLieToMe vs Suikama

ShiningDrake vs PrismYoshi

huh what vs Siesta410

Copyrighted vs CarbuncleFlux

goldblade0 vs Fireseal

Garlyle vs AlexX

Serafie vs Patorikku

Verloren vs Shadowbringer

Rules:
-No stages are banned.
-The character you decide to play as in the first round is the character you'll be using for the rest of the tournament.
-Save replays of your matches as proof of who won.  I'd also like to upload these to YouTube if nobody's opposed to this.
-You have until next Sunday (December 13) for round 1.

This will be going in the first post as well for easy access.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:59:34 PM by Esoterica »

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2009, 08:03:22 PM »
Is this best of 3 or just one round?

Anyway, I can't PM people (only 5 posts), so uh I have no idea how I'm going to organize a match, would it be okay if I used this topic?

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2009, 08:05:26 PM »
Is this best of 3 or just one round?

Anyway, I can't PM people (only 5 posts), so uh I have no idea how I'm going to organize a match, would it be okay if I used this topic?
Just one match.

And yeah, go right ahead.  If we could use the IRC here that'd be pretty awesome for this, but I'm not really sure if they'd appreciate us flooding it for this sort of purpose.

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »
You could always make a hamachi channel simply for the purpose of organizing matches, even if half the players don't actually need it to play

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »
Mmm... Totally forgot can't pm 'till 10 posts... Well, Suikama, I'll be on both the #shrinemaiden and #hitousen (prefer hitousen, since it's always empty) irc channels whenever I'm on the forum, so if your ready for our match, then please go there.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:09:31 PM by WhyDoYouLieToMe »

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »
Copyrighted vs CarbuncleFlux
Bring. It. ON!

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »
Mmm... Totally forgot can't pm 'till 10 posts... Well, Suikama, I'll be on both the #shrinemaiden and #hitousen (prefer hitousen, since it's always empty) irc channels whenever I'm on the forum, so if your ready for our match, then please go there.
K. I'm fairly busy right now, but when I find some time I'll poke my head in there

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:23 PM »
goldblade0: I can't reply to a PM until I've spammed the forums more. =/ I can make time almost anytime, so if you want to shoot me some days/times that work for you I'll see what I can do.

I'm on U.S. Central Time, but I'm also somewhat nocturnal.

« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2009, 02:00:26 AM »
Bring. It. ON!

Hell yeah! You good for tomorrow or tonight? AIM? IRC? State your preference (and screen name; mine is always Carbunkle Flux XP) and I will get in touch.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2009, 02:28:50 AM »
Hell yeah! You good for tomorrow or tonight? AIM? IRC? State your preference (and screen name; mine is always Carbunkle Flux XP) and I will get in touch.
>:D I changed my avatar just for this purpose. Tommorow, 1:00 PM PST. This is subject to change considering my sister likes to hijack my computer. I'm actually typing on my spare right now. My AIM is asiannewfag.

« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »
heheh, I see ^_^. I've got your AIM name down then. I look forward to a good match.

EDIT: Wait, actually, PST? That's like, 10 AMy for me. Can it be like 3 or 4 PM PST? At the very least noon EST o_o.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:51:55 AM by CarbunkleFlux »

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2009, 07:33:22 AM »
Fireseal: it seems I wont be able to play until monday night at the earliest, So you ok with that, at 11:00PM CST?

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2009, 07:39:04 AM »
Unfortunetly, Finals week is the next two weeks, so I regret to say that I will be unable to attend the competition. Sorry guys, but there's no way I could get everything in order and keep up with my school work at the same time.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2009, 07:53:45 AM »
EDIT: Wait, actually, PST? That's like, 10 AMy for me. Can it be like 3 or 4 PM PST? At the very least noon EST o_o.
Sure, 3:00 works. I don't know where you live, so yeah...

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:54 AM »
goldblade0: Yep, that works for me. 11 PM on Monday.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2009, 09:03:53 AM »
Unfortunetly, Finals week is the next two weeks, so I regret to say that I will be unable to attend the competition. Sorry guys, but there's no way I could get everything in order and keep up with my school work at the same time.

This unfortunately. I really need my focus on school so I don't screw up more than I already have.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »

Oh?  Aww T.T
...Wait, what am I saying, it means I get victory by default, doesn't it?  o.o

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »
Oh?  Aww T.T
...Wait, what am I saying, it means I get victory by default, doesn't it?  o.o
I'm afraid so, which means no enjoying my lovely Scorching Sun + Reisen Poison combo. T.T I also love Eyesight Cleaning, but then that might be just me.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »
I'm afraid so, which means no enjoying my lovely Scorching Sun + Reisen Poison combo. T.T I also love Eyesight Cleaning, but then that might be just me.
...Oh goddamnit, I wanted to fight a good Reisen!  ;-;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
...Oh goddamnit, I wanted to fight a good Reisen!  ;-;
I think there is two or three other people playing Reisen in the tournament too (including me) so maybe you'll still get to do it :3

Also I get to fight the tournament maker awesome. @Esoterica, will you be available today (Sunday) to fight sometime?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »
Sure, 3:00 works. I don't know where you live, so yeah...

East Coast US, which makes me a bit concerned about lag.
I had my time zones mixed up. 1 PST is fine. For some reason I was thinking about GMT.
I'll be around.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:05:43 PM by CarbunkleFlux »

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2009, 06:46:49 PM »
Esoterica, what do we do once the match is over? Do we send you the replay? Upload it somewhere and post it in the thread, what?

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »
So, Pat, got any time you'd prefer to fight? I'm available 7:00PM-11:30PM EST on weekdays, and pretty much all day on weekends. :V