Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00c)  (Read 80150 times)

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00c)
« Reply #810 on: October 21, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »
No one beats the originals.

Yes, nothing beats the original~  Ahem.

okay, screw what I said earlier, Slaves x Drake is impossible... my skills just won't allow me to draw delicious naked loli on one another...

My only suggestion would be to try drawing something similar with two of the more busty characters... Oh well.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #811 on: October 21, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »
isn't AF/UK's ability similar to this? :I

We can always clarify and change the description of the abilities to make them more distinct and different later.

So here were a couple of story ideas I had, sorta inspired by the Rurofic and thinking how to define the CPMC world.

1. The embodiments as denizens of CPMC that were consumed by the Idiot energy/miasma. The idiot energy can randomly reappear when enough energy gathers, and take form of one of the people it ate, but it is essentially a mindless puppet controlled by the collective Idiocy.

2. The non-embodiment bosses/midbosses as those that weren't consumed, but are still held under its sway.

3. Have the CPMC world being distinct from Gensokyo, but we can still be similar in some ways.
We can have youkai, fairies, humans, but our own system how the world works. (I.E. Idiot Pantheon, Moderators, etc)

4. Not flat out said, but vaguely hinted that CPMC exists alongside Gensokyo and the existence is acknowledged.
I.E: "Well, we typically use Mafia to solve our disputes, but some people didn't like it so we're trying out this 'Danmaku spellcard system' we got from some other place."

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:40:38 PM by Nobu »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #812 on: October 21, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
I was thinking about what a concept for my Last Word might be, and I had an interesting idea, but since I know next to nothing about Danmakufu I don't know if it'd work. So, my question: is it possible to force the player to be unfocused? :V If yes, I'd also probably be basing my power around something related to that.
Let's fight.

Drake

« Reply #813 on: October 21, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »
I think forcing unfocus would be more frustrating/aggravating than challenging :/

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Moerin

« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
I kind of had a similar idea, but it involved disabling the player from shooting.  Possibly by using my power to make them forget how to shoot~

I wasn't entirely sure if Danmakufu could do that, though, so I didn't bother bringing it up...

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »
I kind of had a similar idea, but it involved disabling the player from shooting.  Possibly by using my power to make them forget how to shoot~

I wasn't entirely sure if Danmakufu could do that, though, so I didn't bother bringing it up...

well i think the best you could do is to do something similar to Kaguya/Eirin's last spells in IN. meaning, they can shoot, but it doesn't hit anything and all it does is make dodging harder.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2009, 06:14:29 PM »
Any chance I could make it in as an Embodiment, considering that I could probably code it myself? All I would really need is a sprite (unless the Embodiments also use cutins, which I doubt).

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
I think forcing unfocus would be more frustrating/aggravating than challenging :/
You know, there was a time when we didn't have focus.

dustyjo

« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2009, 06:48:57 PM »
BUT BUT... SYMMETRICAL DOCKING....!!

You could still do this with loli

somewhat :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »
I don't know... I've been doing quite a lot of unfocused runs recently and they're a lot more fun than you might think. A lot of strange challenges include no focus, and at the end of the day, isn't that what a Last Word really is? Still, it's not a big deal, I'm sure I'll be able to think something else up if it's a no-go. :V
Let's fight.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #820 on: October 21, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »
You could make it like Suika's CtC last word, where she creates massive walls of crap if you're focused/unfocused during the wrong phase. Discourage focusing, but don't disable it unless you have a decent explanation for it besides "it would make it harder lol".

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #821 on: October 21, 2009, 07:05:14 PM »
AFAIK, there are ways to forbid bombing and shooting in DMF without the need of a LW.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2009, 07:21:50 PM »
Any chance I could make it in as an Embodiment, considering that I could probably code it myself? All I would really need is a sprite (unless the Embodiments also use cutins, which I doubt).

Before someone else jumps down your throat or says it in a less polite way for requesting this, i'm going to go out on a limb and say no. There are already more embodiments than anyone ever expected, and the list might even have to be slimmed down for all we know.

Also, not trying to play the outsider card or anything, but this game is ultimately a game with characters based on this community, so if you're not well known around here, then.. :/

« Reply #823 on: October 21, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
I'm just going to go ahead and say we could get enough Ijiyatsus to rival the entire touhou cast.
That would be one big game.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #824 on: October 21, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
The fella here is a big name in the Garage. Some recognition for contribution is fair.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #825 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »
Oh crap... Prody has manipulation of dimensions.

If this behaves like the manipulation of dimensions my Friend made up a week ago then you win.

Anyways I'll wait till the more concrete info on the game world is set before making a more concrete profile. (BUT I AM KEEPING BIRD POWER BECAUSE ITS RELETIVELY USELESS AND I LIEK BIRDZ)

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #826 on: October 21, 2009, 07:30:14 PM »
The fella here is a big name in the Garage. Some recognition for contribution is fair.

agreed. i don't mind doing more artwork if it's for someone that could code for us.

also, when are we going to start coding? i say just use placeholders from Touhou games/danmaku defaults and then just replace them later, so we can be making some progress.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #827 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:23 PM »

Fair enough. I am all for giving recognition to people where it's due. I was more making that as a general statement in response to the question.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #828 on: October 21, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »
Question - would it be all right if we designed concept art for characters not yet drawn?

Cause I've promised Anth a pic a few weeks back. (And E-mouse too, though I see he's already been drawn).

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #829 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:43 PM »
fine with me.

but i can still draw them, right? :V

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #830 on: October 21, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
fine with me.

but i can still draw them, right? :V

I can't see why not. You ARE the head artist after all ^^;;

Oh, and raising up a suggestion for an RPG-maker game based on ijiyatsu. I'm sure somebody here fools around with RPG maker.

That or mod Battle Moon Wars (Nemo was suggesting doing it with WUFTD characters ^^).

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #831 on: October 21, 2009, 08:08:43 PM »
I can't see why not. You ARE the head artist after all ^^;;

Oh, and raising up a suggestion for an RPG-maker game based on ijiyatsu. I'm sure somebody here fools around with RPG maker.

That or mod Battle Moon Wars (Nemo was suggesting doing it with WUFTD characters ^^).
Trance already beat you there, Gap!

dustyjo

« Reply #832 on: October 21, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
;_;

Could you draw something involving me x Erebus then :V

« Reply #833 on: October 21, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
Question - would it be all right if we designed concept art for characters not yet drawn?

Cause I've promised Anth a pic a few weeks back. (And E-mouse too, though I see he's already been drawn).

I did already so I want a taco..

lul censors

Moerin

« Reply #834 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »
Just a random idea I had... Stuffman wanted to be the generic enemies, right?  So, how about instead of having fairies as generic enemies, we have... The Stuffmen!

...Yeah, that was probably kinda lame, but I just had to get that out of my head...

I had a similar idea, actually~  I'd even started planning out some attacks, and a very basic plot.  The only reason I never implemented it was because programming is, um, not my forte.  Or spriting, for that matter.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #835 on: October 21, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »
I'd definitely be willing to do some of the coding, seeing how many other Embodiments will need to be made as well. I specialize more on the spellcard/danmaku design spectrum of things rather than graphical, which I guess works well with the whole idea of random minibosses. I'm also pretty okay at designing stage BGs and spell BGs if that ever comes up.

Anyways, I guess my character would be a loli version of Lucas from M3 with an ultimate chimera hoodie. My ability could be "Manipulation of things that make Danmaku", since I've made tons of danmaku engines in Game Maker before discovering Danmakufu.

EDIT:
Oh fine, do whatever you want with the sprite. sad face
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:24:33 PM by Onthenet »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #836 on: October 21, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »
Anyways, I guess my character would be a loli version of Lucas from M3 with an ultimate chimera hoodie. My ability could be "Manipulation of things that make Danmaku", since I've made tons of danmaku engines in Game Maker before discovering Danmakufu.

not to sound mean or anything, but you really don't get to choose what your Touhoued version will look like. well, if i draw it, anyway. i just don't work that way :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #837 on: October 21, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »
I was bored, so I made Zengar sprites. I made it from scratch in Paint then used GIMP's blur effect. I think it can be improved

Any tips?

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #838 on: October 21, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »
Heck, the plot of Ijiyatsu itself revolves around Rin Satsuki, so this world should be able to recognize Gensokyo at some point as an 'another universe,' at the least.

Or simply have CPMC exists inside Gensokyo as a parallel dimension or some sort.

Also, PC's and partners would need boss sprites due to them having Last Words.

Drake

« Reply #839 on: October 21, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »
I was bored, so I made Zengar sprites. I made it from scratch in Paint then used GIMP's blur effect. I think it can be improved

Any tips?
Generally you don't blur sprites unless you're mixing colors and getting rid of sharpen marks. When I say I use blur it's because I need to combine colors or make an effect look smoother.

Aside from that and needing more detail it looks fine.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -