Author Topic: Donut has a torrid love affair  (Read 47382 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Suggest a new avatar
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:50 AM »
I love the picture in my avatar. I'm so glad I saved it before it became Lost Forever.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2009, 04:56:11 AM »
Aw, looked like I missed all the fun... Stupid work, making me have to sleep through all this...

Oh well, I'll have to make up for it by bullying Donut some other time, eheheh~

Also where's my damn Rin picture Donut.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:02:38 AM by Moerin~ »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

nintendonut888

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2009, 05:31:30 AM »
Aw, looked like I missed all the fun... Stupid work, making me have to sleep through all this...

Oh well, I'll have to make up for it by bullying Donut some other time, eheheh~

Also where's my damn Rin picture Donut.

Eh heh heh~ You're not familiar with my work ethic, are you? :P

BTW, I've officially engaged in mortal combat with Satori. Satori holds the final spell cards in the series left to capture. 14 remain...

Yo Theorin, which shot type should I use next? Anyone other than Reimu A or Reimu C needs to be used to unlock stage 4 lunatic.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Moerin

« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2009, 05:36:52 AM »
Um... Marisa... C?  Yeah, go with that one~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

nintendonut888

« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2009, 05:54:10 AM »
Greaaaaat. I game over'd on Parsee with Marisa C. That should give you a good idea of how much I suck with all non-Reimu A shot types. They're all horrible. And it's not generically mediocre; they all have unique properties and characteristics, but they're all joined by their mutual hatred of you and progress.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2009, 06:54:25 AM »
Yeah, I kinda agree with you there. No one else is quite so solid as ReimuA

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2009, 06:56:48 AM »
I like ReimuB, as I mentioned in the Accomplishments thread. Give her a spin~

Yay, Kurumin's back~!

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2009, 06:58:06 AM »
Yeah. ReimuA's pretty much a good choice for SA. This coming from the guy who usually prefers the homing type, but. Uh. Suika's homing isn't so hot, so... yeah. And there's no way in hell I'm touching the mess that's Aya's horrible thing.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2009, 06:59:33 AM »
Reimu C really wants to be solo Youmu from IN. But, it just lacks the charm. And the floatiness to get give it the spread.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2009, 07:01:12 AM »
I always play as MarisaC in SA because the bomb gives you another chance
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2009, 07:06:23 AM »
Marisa C's bomb is....weird. I still don't know if I like it or not. it keeps you alive, but that's about it. But really, it's all you need. My mood on it varies.

nintendonut888

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2009, 07:07:15 AM »
I suppose Nitori's bomb is useful for beginners, but when you develop a good death bomb reflex it becomes completely useless. It has Marisa's large hitbox (which is worse in this game than in any other), has less range and damage than Reimu A, the bomb has absolutely no offensive capabilities, and you have to deal with that annoying popping sound the missiles make whenever they hit something.

I like ReimuB, as I mentioned in the Accomplishments thread. Give her a spin~

Yay, Kurumin's back~!

Dear god Reimu B...to capture every remaining spell card I guess I'm going to HAVE to learn the shot types to an extent, but Reimu B is horrible...she's the homing shot type, deals damage like a homing shot type, but kinda forgot the homing aspect of a homing type. Those mist clouds Suika fires just seem to home when they feel like it, leaving you to do even less damage than usual. :|

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2009, 07:11:52 AM »
Aw, it can't be that bad. ReimuB is the only shot type I've actually cleared SAEasy with... Though it could just be that I suck too.

[donut]On the contrary, beating anything with Reimu B is a demonstration of skill. :P[/donut]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:13:57 AM by nintendonut888 »

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2009, 07:17:52 AM »
[donut]On the contrary, beating anything with Reimu B is a demonstration of skill. :P[/donut]

Oh what, I actually 1cc'd SA Easy my first time playing with Reimu B. :P

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »
Demonstration of skill or not, the fact that I can't get past Orin with ReimuA is so humiliating... Is SA really that much harder than UFO? I can at least get to Byakuren with most shot types now...

nintendonut888

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2009, 07:28:44 AM »
There's a funny thing about SA: If you're good at Touhou, the game is easier. If you're not as good at Touhou, the game will completely destroy you. That's because the lives and power system rewards skill and punishes screwups.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »
...Yeah, so it's pretty much because I suck then~
Oh, well. As long as I keep practicing consistently, I'll get better.
* Jan heads to the Accomplishments thread

[donut]Exactly~ Never give up! \o/[/donut]

...I'm not getting these StB scenes anytime soon... I'll get you yet, Alice/Keine!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 08:11:49 AM by Captain Jan III »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2009, 08:14:35 AM »
There's a funny thing about SA: If you're good at Touhou, the game is easier. If you're not as good at Touhou, the game will completely destroy you. That's because the lives and power system rewards skill and punishes screwups.

This is true of every Touhou game. SA just encourages you to be more defensive by rewarding defensiveness rather than point-nabbing or scoring. Unfortunately, it also knows it's a defensive game so it brings on the hurt =[

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »
I suppose Nitori's bomb is useful for beginners, but when you develop a good death bomb reflex it becomes completely useless.

Actually, ever heard that if you death bomb with MarisaC, you don't die, and the barrier's still there so you kind of earned two bombs.

Gpop

« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »
I definitely liked your Komeiji incest avatar better :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
2 bad b cuz i liek this one. <3 Kurumin

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
Hey, I want a new avatar too!

Please find me one~

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Bananamatic

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »
You should change your avatar.....you've had this one for a long time now :V

Pako

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »

Are you talking to me?

Then yes I agree, but I can't find any interesting ones.
Maybe someone knows a good avatar for me?

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Gpop

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »
I would find one atm, but I'm kind of short of time here.

Bananamatic

« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »

Are you talking to me?
I mean Donut

Pako

« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »

Are you talking to me?
I mean Donut

Oh okay, but if you want you can help me too.

Moerin

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »

Are you talking to me?
I mean Donut

Do it.

Come on, she needs more love~

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
Actually, ever heard that if you death bomb with MarisaC, you don't die, and the barrier's still there so you kind of earned two bombs.

Well, all you're really eliminating with the first bomb is the single shot that hit you, so it's not as useful as it sounds.

Pako

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2009, 03:08:23 PM »

Are you talking to me?
I mean Donut

Do it.

Come on, she needs more love~

I might do it, you know I am beginning to like Rin Satsuki~

If you can make it avatar sized then I will take it as my new avatar!