Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 81847 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: INVASION! (Day 2) - Something Seems Familiar
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »
Serp has been more actively scummy than Anthony though >_>

The other thing about Tenshi is that he's eventually going to be modkilled, which will be a completely waste of a day. At least in lynching him we will see who was willing to vote for him and who wasn't and can use that information.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #511 on: September 22, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
Edible's rules only account for a tie and not insufficient votes.

"In the event of a majority not being reached, no Lynch will occur."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
@Mod: You said No Lynch-tan can be lynched once, so can she be vigged?

Personal bias says town on Rou, textbook facts say scum.

I'm assuming that the vote disabler suspects Anthony as scum, as disabling a scum vote would be the right play in their shoes. Scum doing it to themselves is going to generate WIFOM, I'm not putting any more stock in someone claiming it at this stage. They didn't come out and take responsibility when called, so it's simply too late for them to gain cred with it now.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2009, 05:00:31 PM »
So, basically, you are more concerned with your appearance to others than proper scumhunting?
I know for a fact that I'm not scum. If I make actions which can be seen as scummy, attention will be spent on me and thus Town suffers.
Plus I never said at that point that the prod was still a prod. By that time I was genuinely very suspicious of Suwako, so I didn't really WANT to take my vote off. Affinity was the one who started saying that it was my responsibility to moderate the lynches, which is a bit of a straw man.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #514 on: September 22, 2009, 05:01:05 PM »
Vote Count: Sheesh
Anthony (6) - Kiro, Pesco, Kitten4U, Nietz, Affinity, UncertainKitten
Angel Milk (5) - Suwako Moriya, Sodium, Serpentarius, Kilgamayan, Roukanken
Serpentarius (1) - Zakeri
Sodium (1) - Angel Milk

Not voting: Anthony

Anthony is at L-2, Tenshi is at L-3.  One hour remains.

Au au, auu, au au au, auua auau.

@Mod: You said No Lynch-tan can be lynched once, so can she be vigged?

;_;

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #515 on: September 22, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »
Au au, auu, au au au, auua auau.
Why am I instantly paranoid about this? I think the game is getting to me. T_T

<3
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:09:33 PM by Edible »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #516 on: September 22, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
Answer the question you modscum.

No Lynch-tan may only be lynched.  Though I'd prefer if you didn't because it's No Lynch-tan and she's moe.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:10:28 PM by Edible »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #517 on: September 22, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »
So we have the people here to swing it either way. I think the angle about Tenshi being modkilled is sort of irrelevant. Until Edible announces a course of action regarding that, it's not happening. If/when it does, we'll adjust. You can use this latest votecount from Edible to compare who preferred one over the other and the resulting flips to see what Scum were trying to do today. At the moment, either one is going to be lynched and we'll never see that dynamic in this game again so the current 6-5 count should suffice for opinions.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #518 on: September 22, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
Edible DID announce a course of action regarding that.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2250.msg96259#msg96259

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #519 on: September 22, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »
Serp has been more actively scummy than Anthony though >_>

The other thing about Tenshi is that he's eventually going to be modkilled, which will be a completely waste of a day. At least in lynching him we will see who was willing to vote for him and who wasn't and can use that information.

I'll decide before I leave.

And yes. So has Rou. But I can't get either of their lynch, now can I? And I vastly prefer Rou at this juncture.

I know for a fact that I'm not scum. If I make actions which can be seen as scummy, attention will be spent on me and thus Town suffers.
Plus I never said at that point that the prod was still a prod. By that time I was genuinely very suspicious of Suwako, so I didn't really WANT to take my vote off. Affinity was the one who started saying that it was my responsibility to moderate the lynches, which is a bit of a straw man.

Nyeh, still, you should be more concerned about scumhunting IMO

No Lynch-tan may only be lynched.  Though I'd prefer if you didn't because it's No Lynch-tan and she's moe.

/r/ pic

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #520 on: September 22, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
Well, drat.  I stayed up too late playing Suika Fortress, dozed off, and forgot that this game's deadline is so early in the morning.  There's no time to write up a full recap, but I'm not getting lynched and I really don't expect to get NK'd, so I'll save it for tomorrow.

I favor lynching Tenshi over Anthony for the same reasons Kilga has stated, but since it doesn't look like that's going to happen:

##Unvote
##Vote: Anthony
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #521 on: September 22, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »
Fuck it, I'm bored and pissed off and fucking tired of this day and this whole goddamn game and I want a flip.

Announcing intent to hammer in 10 minutes.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #522 on: September 22, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
Nyeh, still, you should be more concerned about scumhunting IMO
If I felt Suwako was more supicious at the time, which I did, what reason would i have had to switch anyway? It started as a prod, and advanced to outright suspicion.

I favor lynching Tenshi over Anthony for the same reasons Kilga has stated, but since it doesn't look like that's going to happen:
What? He's one vote behind.

Edible

« Reply #523 on: September 22, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »
Tenshi is also not getting replaced, he will be modkilled and flipped along with today's lynch.  I changed my mind about my modkill rules for this instance as Kilga's reasoning made more sense.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Management

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #524 on: September 22, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
If I felt Suwako was more supicious at the time, which I did, what reason would i have had to switch anyway? It started as a prod, and advanced to outright suspicion.

That does not jibe with what you said then. When you switched to Suwako you said Anthony was scummier and Suwako needed to be pressured.

Huh, well, that fixes everything, Edible ^-^.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #525 on: September 22, 2009, 05:34:37 PM »
Oh, well, okay then. Excellent.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #526 on: September 22, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »
===[]

HAMMAH SLAMMAH

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #527 on: September 22, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
Minute early because I need to shower before heading off to work.

##Unvote: Tenshi
##Vote: Anthony

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #528 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »
Welp, if Tenshi's getting modkilled then I guess Anthony's the way to go after all. :V

That does not jibe with what you said then. When you switched to Suwako you said Anthony was scummier and Suwako needed to be pressured.
And by the time the wagon had formed Suwako was scummier than Anthony in my eyes. Still not seeing a contradiction.

*shuts up*

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #529 on: September 22, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
And by the time the wagon had formed Suwako was scummier than Anthony in my eyes. Still not seeing a contradiction.

*shuts up*

I'll find the post. I think I get what you are saying. But I think I can find evidence otherwise.

Edible

« Reply #530 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:16 PM »
Shutting up isn't really necessary~

Vote Count: EVERYBODY DIES
Anthony (8) - Kiro, Pesco, Kitten4U, Nietz, Affinity, UncertainKitten, Serpentarius, Kilgamayan
Angel Milk (3) - Suwako Moriya, Sodium, Roukanken
Serpentarius (1) - Zakeri
Sodium (1) - Angel Milk

Evil Magnum Anthony, playing Mima, Vanilla Ghost Town, met with the business end of a Proton Pack.

Angel Milk, playing Tenshi Hinanai, Vanilla Townie Masochist, had the everloving crap kicked out of her (and she probably liked it).

It is now Night 2.  All night actions have 24 hours to appear at my doorstep.

As a reminder, you can still talk in-thread at night, just don't publically analyze other players, the lynch, etc.  S'all in the rules, yo.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #531 on: September 22, 2009, 08:10:06 PM »

Evil Magnum Anthony, playing Mima, Vanilla Ghost Town, met with the business end of a Proton Pack.

I HAVE NEVER REGRET WHAT I DID MY WHOLE LIFE

-Raoh

Edible

Re: INVASION! (Day 3) - Tragedy! Drama! Suspense!
« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »
Dawn of the Third Day

Kilgamayan, playing Aya Shameimaru, Town-aligned Townie Town Townie, With a Side Of Town, was found rammed head-first into a bird feeder.

Zakeri, playing ...

Good evening, 5 Magic Stones.  You were wandering around Gensokyo one d- wait you're a bunch of rocks, you don't wander.  You were... sitting around Gensokyo one day, when you thou- okay, you're a bunch of rocks, you aren't sentient.  You were sitting around Gensokyo one day, when someone came to you and sa- ...  OKAY SERIOUSLY DO YOU ACTUALLY EXPECT ME TO WRITE FLAVOR TEXT FOR THIS FOR FUCK'S SAKE I QUIT

You are a Bunch Of Fucking Rocks.  You don't do much of anything, but you DO win with the town!  Best of luck.

... suffered a fatal game of hopscotch and could not return.

The vote count has been reset.

With 10 players left, it takes 6 to lynch.  Fight!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »
Fuck.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2009, 05:30:13 PM »
Well, shit. There goes my case for today. :/

Time for a reread, then. Back later with a useful post.

Edible

« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2009, 05:34:27 PM »
Effective immediately, Kilgamayan is now a comod because I need one since I'll probably be gone all weekend.

Rise from your gwave!

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »
##Vote Serpentarius

The case on you from Day 2 still carries over into today including the weirdness stemming from your pursuit of Suwako. On another note, we've confirmed 3 Townies and 1 Scum voting for Suwako on Day 1 and these Townies were later on the wagon. If we continue to follow the Occam's Razor argument, the best place to look now is on the rest of that Suwako wagon and Serp is one of those people.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #537 on: September 23, 2009, 06:00:06 PM »
I'm reminded of that one time when I said Rou was gullible enough to NK Kilga. I really feel like voting Rou right now.

Give me a while to reread Affinity before I decide to vote.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #538 on: September 23, 2009, 06:21:02 PM »
Alright, player-by-player analysis coming up. Given that I managed to completely and utterly miss the Freshers' Fayre and am therefore a member of zero (0) clubs, I can afford to spend some time with this game. I'll try to tl;dr the notable players when I get the chance.

UK - again, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of UK is her 'Vote Anthony for being jumpy oh wait he's just a noob unvote'. The clear was iffy, and the failing to do anything with the vote afterward for a long time is also bad. Had the 'I don't read your walls' fight with Kilga, but since Kilga turned up Town I'm not sure if I can see any relevance in it.
Still, she chose VgT at just the time when the Suwako lynch had tied with it, so being the swing vote there makes me unkeen to suspect her unless the conspiracy theories turn out to be right and Suwako's scum after all. Getting a Town read for now.

Nietz - Goes for Pesco D1 for hanging back, and eventually pulls another vote on VgT. Argued for Anthony's lynch on D2, admitting his Pesco case had come apart a little, but still seems awkward of him. Mild town read based on the VgT vote, and there's not much else to suspect him of right now.

Kiro - Was on VgT the whole day, then attacked Anthony. Hasn't really done anything to make him worth suspecting, to be honest. Town read.

Sodiphas - Another very early jumper on VgT, who quit afterward and therefore would've had no time to move the vote onto say Suwako. I'm feeling really bad about missing that one, to be honest. >_> Town read in retrospect, but Sodium needs to pick up in terms of activity today.

K4U - Goes for Anthony to start, but evens up the Suwako/VgT lynch later on. Goes back to Anthony D2, listing me and him as scum. I'm not sure if the subsequent tunneling of sorts on me is my fault or not for arguing the point so fervently, so I'll call it a nulltell for now. Another slight Town read.

Serp - I can't say much about Serp besides that he's really done nothing to improve his position from D2. His insistence on attacking Suwako well after the clear had been more or less explained is bad, and the positioning on said wagon is also awkward. Scum read.

Pesco - I very, very desperately want to be suspicious of Pesco for nagging at the smallest points he can find in several instances, but given that he was the vote that basically put VgT noticably ahead of the wagons on Anthony, me and himself, it's difficult to criticise him.

Affinity - Day 1 opens with an attack on Umu for pressing me, which is meh since that's about the only way cases will start up. Moves onto Kitten, then Suwako, making one point about VgT and never mentioning him again. This is especially odd since Affinity claims in said post that he doesn't appreciate VgT's tone or play.
On the opening of D2 he immediately links Anthony to VgT. 278 confuses me:
Well, yes, weak case is scum, at least at the beginning of the day.
1. This was a point that Eliphas had made against him the day before which no-one had really followed up on. Why was he compelled to produce a defense against it?
2. The point itself is flawed from what I see. All starting cases are weak by definition because they have nothing solid to work with, so pointing the finger at the first person who tries to say something useful is pretty poor for Town.
378 has him trying to clear Serp to me despite the fact I wasn't even voting him at that point. I'm getting very convinced that the Serp/Affinity scumpair is going on here.

Suwako - The clear has already been explained by Kilga, and my only theory otherwise was a Kilga/Suwako scumpair with the biggest case of Appeal to Authority I've ever seen. Since Kilga's flipped Town, though, I can be more confident in Suwako's affiliation now.

So yeah, that's my wall. tl;dr version following shortly.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #539 on: September 23, 2009, 06:24:57 PM »
TL;DR

Serp is scummy for reasons that people have already laid out - his attack on Suwako, positioning on the wagon, and insistence on always keeping VgT second in his list of suspicions.

Affinity is scummy for simply ignoring VgT altogether, goes for Anthony and me through VgT links while clearing Serp for doing exactly the same, and the defense at 278 which feels pointless verging on paranoid.

Fine with either lynch today, unless something comes up that gives me reason to suspect someone else.

##Vote: Affinity (L-5)