Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 82439 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: INVASION! (Day 5) - One Of These Days, Alice, One Of These Days...
« Reply #780 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:55 AM »
The day is not over, UncertainKitten is at L-1 unless both mods managed to miss a vote somewhere.  You have ~11 hours remaining in the day.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #781 on: October 04, 2009, 04:26:13 AM »
Control-F "##" returned what the votecount is.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #782 on: October 04, 2009, 04:28:59 AM »
Affinity: Yea, my mistake there. Misread when I voted Suwako, turns out it was before the Vig roleclaim. Once again, the crux of my error regarding Suwako/Serp is that despite me being wrong on Day 3, I did take the time to discuss it and lay out my thoughts. You seem to be unhappy in that you think I switch suddenly back and forth, but it's not. My thought processes are laid out to be seen.

I'm not seeing the specific quote that says where I said Serp's reasoning was horrible. Unless you're talking about the part where I consider it from an SK point of view in Day 4. In that regards, I'm stating Serp makes no sense as an SK. So he's Town or Scum. Factor in Pesco's already Vig-like role and that's how the flips sent my vote back to Serp.

Well, better get this in while the Day's still going. Town UK would not be hammering herself in LYLO.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #783 on: October 04, 2009, 04:29:42 AM »
Wait, what? Wasn't there another vote on UK?

...Jesus, thats two games in a row where I misread a vote count. Well, in this case, I can't count.

And could someone just fucking hammer already. UK voted herself, obvscum expecting to die, etc. She already gave up, this is like taking the hammered in nail and destroying it, then putting in a larger nail in its place.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #784 on: October 04, 2009, 04:30:12 AM »
Uh...should I hammer, or do we want to keep the day open a little longer? :/

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #785 on: October 04, 2009, 04:33:04 AM »
Your choice. It seems UK wasn't Uncertain that she was going to die, and wanted to go out in a boom. Failed. Dunno why she followed a vote count from someone who can't count well, but whatever.

Kiro

« Reply #786 on: October 04, 2009, 04:35:10 AM »
Well, we could get a unique discussion going, being 99.9% certain UK is scum, but with 5 of us still alive before Night hits. Time to discuss final buddy for the group of VgT/Serp/UK.

I think the Affinity case has been laid out adequately already. Affinity says the final Scum is me. So anyone have questions for me or concerns? Since I just put out a reply to Affinity where I fouled up remembering when I voted for Suwako in Day 3.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #787 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:51 AM »
Yeah, much to my mother's chagrin I'm pulling an all-nighter, so I can talk this over for a while.

Personally I'm much more willing to trust Kiro than Affinity at this point, but if UK ends up flipping a goon then Affinity's basically off the hook. Besides that, I see no problem with the case against him, as well as his awkward silence with regards to UK up until now.

I'll hold off on the hammer for a little longer.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #788 on: October 04, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
Well, I would, but I'm now forced to go to sleep. I doubt I cna make a coherent long post right now anyways, seeing as I can't even count.

Uh, Affinity has the most links to a ScumUK apparently though. I'll re-read tomorrow(and if I can't post tomorrow, then I'll post the stuff on whenever). Solid flips are better then assumptions(no matter how probable they are), and we have a 99.9% solid "flip". I think Affinity said that first this game actually... correct me if I'm wrong.

...Yeah, I need rest.

Kiro

« Reply #789 on: October 04, 2009, 04:53:31 AM »
Kinda want to hear Sodium's thoughts the most since he suspected Rou more than Affinity. I don't know if he'll become convinced that Rou is Town after a UK Scum flip or whether he thinks UK superbussed a Scum Rou all game.

And obviously if it's not looking like Rou to him, does he think the last scum is Affinity, me or K4U?

My only contention with Sodium possibly being Scum is mainly that he's been relatively inactive in this game and the hard stance on Rou. But his vote positioning favors him quite well, relatively similar to K4U. A UK Scumflip copuled with the really early VgT vote actually makes Sodium look really good now. Since he switched from UK to VgT in that sequence. Scum Sodium has no reason to distinguish either if he were planning a hard bus that early in the game. So Sodium definitely feels Townie now.

Kiro

« Reply #790 on: October 04, 2009, 05:00:02 AM »
And quite frankly, if Sodium/UK were a pair, I'm sure they would have been much more diligent in counting votes and communicating it correctly instead of having this fiasco hit them and giving Town more time to discuss with more information.

Laugh it up mods, I'm sure you have been all game. Ya bastards.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #791 on: October 04, 2009, 05:02:29 AM »
That... was kind of the most hilarious thing I have ever seen in the year I have played Mafia here.  This is also potentially going to be really difficult for me to play regardless of my alignment.  Sucks to be Minoriko.

Kiro, here it is, in He is not providing any of those opinions. In essence, lack of true scumhunting and just settles on the case that can only make sense to him due to his claimed role.[/QUOTE]

But you said that his reasons were good on D3.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #792 on: October 04, 2009, 05:16:49 AM »
Laugh it up mods, I'm sure you have been all game. Ya bastards.
Oh, it's not just the mods that have been laughing it up for the entirety of this game... :V
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Kiro

« Reply #793 on: October 04, 2009, 05:22:49 AM »
Shut it scumbag.  :V

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #794 on: October 04, 2009, 05:58:17 AM »
wat

Well I think it's clear UK is scum.  I've already said why I think Affinity is scum.  Was there more all of you wanted to talk about or should I hammer?
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kiro

« Reply #795 on: October 04, 2009, 06:01:17 AM »
Affinity: You referring to #660 or perhaps #656 since your quote got borked?

#656 is after Serp put forward his Day 4 case and voted Nietz. I had renewed suspicion of him at the beginning of Day 4 from the 2 flips before that post. If Serp makes an argument I don't agree with since, then I can point things out that I don't like about it and have it further my case. What's the problem with this? Changing stances is not inherently scummy if new information is presented to me. If you're suggesting that any of the new information that was received could not lead into this change of opinion I made back to Serp, tell me why not.

K4U: *shrug* We could continue discussing, but if you're not interested in any future replies from Affinity or do not have any questions for me, you could hammer. Rou hasn't added anything since so I'm not sure if he's heard enough for now. I assume give him and Affinity a few minutes as well.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #796 on: October 04, 2009, 06:04:19 AM »
I'm just about happy to go on with the hammer right now.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #797 on: October 04, 2009, 08:25:48 AM »
Huh. Well, that worked out just as planned.

Or not. And here I was thinking slightly after midnight was the greatest time to self hammer.

AH well ^-^. Guess that's what I get for being a bad sport. Ah well, with that failure I guess I just have to wait for you all :S.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #798 on: October 04, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »
No one's talking anymore and I'm going to go to bed soo...

##Vote UncertainKitten
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #799 on: October 04, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »
THAR we go. That feels better. Should I raise both my arms up and let one fall or something now?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »
Final Day 5 Vote Count
Affinity (1): Roukanken
UncertainKitten (4): Kiro, Sodium, UncertainKitten, Kitten4U

Uncertain Kitten, thought to be playing Rin Kaenbyou, but really playing Takoluka (Scum Voteblocker) was po pipopipo popipopped!

It is now Night 5. Remember, send all night actions to both of us.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

Re: INVASION! (Night 5) - The Energizer Reisen Would Be Proud
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »

I may be starting the day a little early.  Any complaints?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #802 on: October 04, 2009, 09:32:05 PM »
I myself think this is an excellent idea!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #803 on: October 04, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
If early means in the next hour or so, I'm cool with it. I'd rather be awake at the start of the day. >_>

Edible

It's!
« Reply #804 on: October 04, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »
[size=8]Dawn of the Sixth Day[/size]

Kitten4U, playing Yumemi, Vanilla Townie, suffered a fatal strawberry paniccrisis and was forced to withdraw!

Town is in LYLO.

The votecount has been reset.  You have 7 (real) days.  Fire missiles!

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: INVASION! (Day 6) - No Cats, Men Only, Final Destination
« Reply #805 on: October 04, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »
I think the cases have been more or less set out for today. Right now I think Affinity is today's best target.

If town lynches UK today, and she flips scum, then yes, it's perfectly fine for you to find those who did not talk about UK much scummy, for example, me.  But the idea is that there is no guarantee that she is scum yet, thus there has to be an assumption that there is such for it to be a valid point against me.  I'm sure others would disagree with me, but I am more for finding associations between the dead and the alive instead of the alive and alive unless a clearcut chainsaw occurs between the two.  Makes everything simpler.
Think it's only fair to call you out on this, since you admit it yourself.

Kiro

« Reply #806 on: October 04, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »
Let's not take 7 days...

I already more or less cleared Sodium yesterday in the aftermath of the votecount fiasco. UK to VgT switch makes little sense for Scum Eliphas/Sodium to do when there's no telling if either Scum wagon was going to be more dominant than the other. Looks like genuine scumhunting. Stays on Serp in Day 3 when the 3 remaining people today didn't. My jaw will drop if the remaining 3 of us are snipping at each other and Sodium turns out to be the correct lynch.

---

As for Rou, one factor to consider now is whether UK intended to superbus a Scum Rou this game. Doesn't make that much sense because UK switched from Rou to VgT in Day 1 if I remember correctly. So she got Town cred with that bus. But in Day 3, UK obviously avoids trying to save Suwako and hangs back with her vote on Rou. Kind of gives the impression she was only comfortable with bussing one of her buddies. If she also bussed Serp (and it wouldn't have even put Serp in the lead), I'm halfway certain we wouldn't have caught her this game. Factor in what I think about Rou's Day 1 and Day 4 activities and I still think he's Town.

---

Pretty much leaves Affinity from my point of view. The likely Scum actions fit him better, mainly following what would have been a Townie Rou's Suwako wagon in Day 1 and his buddy Serp following him. The Day 3 Suwako wagon gives a similar feeling except Serp starts it and Rou follows it. Even if you consider a huge conspiracy theory about Rou being superbussed by UK, if you factor in Affinity's unwillingness to comment early about UK in Day 5, it reads too much like a Scum trying not to incriminate his buddy anymore rather than Town just not having an opinion about someone.

Will wait for comments from everyone else, but I'm also set for Affinity.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #807 on: October 04, 2009, 10:44:49 PM »
Kiro:
There IS the possibility of superbussing from UK, but I don't think it's likely because of how suicidal that would be, and there were a huge number of times where UK could've switched targets(Serp-Suwako decision, beginning of Day 4, Affinity re-read post, etc.), but didn't, during LYLO(where I doubt UK would stick on a buddy where there were opportunities to town targets). That seems like she planned to target Rou the whole game, and tried to get his mislynch. Oh, and I know Serp-Suwako decision point wasn't in lylo, but you get my point, right?

Uh...
Kiro is probably town. I really don't think it's probable that he's town, and he was leading the case against UK.
Rou is probably town. Explained above, seems like UK was trying to set up his mislynch whole game, etc.
K4U is dead. =V

So that leaves Affinity. Large amount of evidence pointing out how he and UK mainly avoided each other, and UK still seemed like she was trying to avoiding a Affinity re-read. And then gave conflicting observations and conclusions regarding Affinity.

So yeah. Waiting for Affinity.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #808 on: October 04, 2009, 10:55:32 PM »
So in this case, if I was the Mafia Goon, then Serp would have been the only one available to do the NK on N1 (due to Nietz results).  I would like to say in advance that scum would not have any reason to use the one-shot vig to NK before he even vigged, because in this case, it would give him more exposure to being tracked and lynched the next day.  Better to give a goon than a vig, in my opinion.  Though I think this is a point in my favor, it's probably not enough.

Let me reread the topic, I guess.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #809 on: October 04, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
So in this case, if I was the Mafia Goon, then Serp would have been the only one available to do the NK on N1 (due to Nietz results).  I would like to say in advance that scum would not have any reason to use the one-shot vig to NK before he even vigged, because in this case, it would give him more exposure to being tracked and lynched the next day.  Better to give a goon than a vig, in my opinion.  Though I think this is a point in my favor, it's probably not enough.
The entire point is that they're going to have the hitter be whoever they think is least likely to be tracked. Because he'd said so little, no-one mentioned Serp until D2 when people realised he'd produced surprisingly little, thus it makes sense the mafia would want him to perform the hit.
In comparison Affinity was highly verbal, arguing for the Suwako lynch at the end of the day, and therefore a good target for a tracker. Therefore I see no problem with the line of thinking as it stands.