Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 81742 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2017, 06:24:15 AM »
>"Yes, thank you. We'll see you again!" Bow as well.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2017, 06:33:56 AM »
>"Yes, thank you. We'll see you again!" Bow as well.
>"Take care, you two." Oriko bows, before making her way out of the apartment.

>"So... What now?" Sanae asks, Are we going to try to make contact with that other Magical Girl? Are we going for the witch or the "familiar" thing? I wonder how we're going to kill time until then... if we aren't taking the rest of the day off...
>_
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:36:03 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »
>...Do we have a clock in our apartment?
>"If we go after the familiar, it would be the first chance to meet this Magical Girl to begin with. And if not, meeting her before she goes on a hunt might make her think we're following her. So let's not. It's not like we even know what she looks like, anyway..."
>"...And I'm not sure yet. We might end up fighting a witch at some point, so it would be nice to see one in action, but meeting it face-to-face will be pretty bad. On the other hand, the familiar wouldn't greet us with cookies either..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »
>...Do we have a clock in our apartment?
>Yes. Two, in fact. One in the living/dining room, one in the bedroom.

>"If we go after the familiar, it would be the first chance to meet this Magical Girl to begin with. And if not, meeting her before she goes on a hunt might make her think we're following her. So let's not. It's not like we even know what she looks like, anyway..."
>"...And I'm not sure yet. We might end up fighting a witch at some point, so it would be nice to see one in action, but meeting it face-to-face will be pretty bad. On the other hand, the familiar wouldn't greet us with cookies either..."
>"I guess it all depends on when we want to meet this magical girl... We could also take the rest of the day off if we really wanted, but honestly I feel that we should do at least something else today..." I'm kinda leaning towards the familiar myself, since it's the first opportunity...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »
>"Hmm... the familiar is both first, and apparently less dangerous, so let's do that. She said 90 minutes, so we'll need to leave in..." Note the time on the clock.
>"Still, that's not for awhile."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »
>"Hmm... the familiar is both first, and apparently less dangerous, so let's do that. She said 90 minutes, so we'll need to leave in..." Note the time on the clock.
>"Still, that's not for awhile."
>You note the time.
>"So, what do you want to do to kill time, then?" Sanae asks Eat? Watch TV? Plan ahead, maybe?
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »
>"What... IS tv? I should probably learn more about this world if I'm going to pretend to be a functioning member of society."
>Let's go ahead and watch TV with Sanae for awhile and have her help teach us to blend in.

You know, things that don't really need much explaining for the players, but are technically a good way to waste time for Satori. :V

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »
>"What... IS tv? I should probably learn more about this world if I'm going to pretend to be a functioning member of society."
>"Well, it's sort of like watching a play, but on a screen rather than in-person. It's just for entertainment, really. We actually have one back at my shrine, but we can't get any outside world channels, so we only have some DVDs of movies and TV shows. By the way, a movie is..."

>Let's go ahead and watch TV with Sanae for awhile and have her help teach us to blend in.

You know, things that don't really need much explaining for the players, but are technically a good way to waste time for Satori. :V
>Sanae goes into a long explanation of the distinction of movies and TV shows, and then explaining the concept of channels before turning on the TV to show you some examples. She scrolls through a few channels to demonstrate the variety of "entertainment" a TV has to offer. You see a glimpse of a news channel, which Sanae explains is an outside world alternative to newspaper. Another channel appears to be showing some kind of cooking competition, and Sanae proceeds to explain the concept of "Reality TV" to you. Yet another channel has some kind of show made of animated drawings, about human teenagers piloting giant, human-shaped vehicles, or "Mecha" as Sanae calls them. Sanae gets particularly excited about this and explains to you what "cartoons" and "anime" are, and how this particular genre of "anime" is one of her favorites. She then tells you how businesses use television to advertise their products when an advertisement for some kind of beverage named "MORNING RESCUE" interrupts the program.

>After all the explaining is done, the two of you eventually settle on watching a competition where people answer trivia questions for money. After a while, you glance at the clock and notice that almost 90 minutes have elapsed.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2017, 05:53:54 PM »
>"Oh... it's already time to go! I was so distracted by the TV I almost missed it. Let's get ready to go."
>Frown. "...wait, but which way is southwest?"

also rofl MORNING RESCUE. and now off to work I go

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
>"Oh... it's already time to go! I was so distracted by the TV I almost missed it. Let's get ready to go."
>Frown. "...wait, but which way is southwest?"
>Sanae stands up, "We should be able to tell by looking at the sun's relative position in the sky. It's afternoon, so the sun will be in the west, meaning if we were facing towards the sun, south should be to our left, so we would need to move roughly diagonally between those two directions." Unless the sun sets in a different direction for whatever reason in this world... Maybe we should've bought a compass at the mall...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2017, 04:30:53 AM »
>"That's useful to know. I don't normally see the sun very often, as you might imagine. Alright, you can lead the way!"
>Follow Sanae!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2017, 04:44:34 AM »
>"That's useful to know. I don't normally see the sun very often, as you might imagine. Alright, you can lead the way!"
>Follow Sanae!
>You follow Sanae out of the apartment and allow her to lead the way out of the complex and down the streets. You notice evidence of Kyubey following you again after about ten minutes.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2017, 05:42:00 AM »
>Whisper to Sanae. "He's following. Gotta play dumb as soon as the familiar appears."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2017, 05:55:29 AM »
>Whisper to Sanae. "He's following. Gotta play dumb as soon as the familiar appears."
>"I noticed." she whispers back, "How would we even know when it appears, anyway?" she whispers back.
>Suddenly the world begins to distort around the two of you, and it changes into some kind of odd space: A small area, seemingly composed of broken streets and bridges, floating in a void where streaks of light zoom by.

>She frowns. I had to ask, didn't I...?
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2017, 05:58:56 AM »
>Look visibly shocked and concerned. ...this shouldn't be hard, considering that, to -some- degree, we probably actually feel that way?
>"U-uuuhhh... that's... different."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2017, 06:16:03 AM »
>Look visibly shocked and concerned. ...this shouldn't be hard, considering that, to -some- degree, we probably actually feel that way?
>"U-uuuhhh... that's... different."
>"W-What's going on...?" Sanae takes a step back

>You suddenly hear an infernal mechanical revving, like that of one of those "car" things Sanae told you about, only much more annoying. Not only that, but it seems to be trying to match the tune of some kind of music piece. Horribly , you note.
>A strange entity soon comes into view from around a corner. It seems to be a swirling vortex of blackness, roughly twice the height of a person. Jutting from its sides, asymmetrically, are a pair of assemblies composed of rusty pipes, which seem to be the source of the revving. Some kind of chain-pulley system appears to be just... floating in front of the middle of its body, while a single, rusty, mechanical-looking claw sticks out of its left side. Four metal, sphere-like objects float near its "head" and could probably pass as "eyes" if that was even their function...

>You can hear its thoughts as well, though they're quite animalistic. Currently it has two powerful urges dominating its simple mind: Hunger, and an instinct to "Declare my opinion"... whatever that means...
>_
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:18:41 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2017, 06:22:32 AM »
>"S-Sanae, run!"
>Turn and see if we can dash away in the opposite direction from that thing!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2017, 06:27:43 AM »
>"S-Sanae, run!"
>Turn and see if we can dash away in the opposite direction from that thing!
>You turn and look.
>This strange space doesn't seem to go on forever. You could run about 45 meters until you reach the edge of the "platform"
>Sanae already begins running as the revving suddenly gets louder.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
>It'll have to do. Hopefully Oriko's prediction was precise enough the magical girl will arrive in the nick of time... run for it!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »
>It'll have to do. Hopefully Oriko's prediction was precise enough the magical girl will arrive in the nick of time... run for it!
>You make a run for it.
>You hear a horrible scraping sound coming from behind you, you think that thing might be dragging its claw across the ground.

>About halfway to the edge of the platform, your foot catches on an uneven patch of ground, and you find yourself tripping.
>"Satori!" Sanae calls as you roll onto your back, finding yourself face to face with the strange entity, its sharp claw poised to strike.

>Just as the metal arm lunges forward, several objects suddenly materialize out of the ground and grab the arm before it could hit you. The objects appear to be ribbons of some kind.

>Something small, yet powerful, then slams into the side of the creature at high velocity, prompting a mechanical shriek and knocking it away from you. The entity then opens its claw and rushes towards the unseen assailant.

>Looking over, you notice a blonde girl, roughly 15 years old you'd imagine. Her hair-style is a bit peculiar, having two spiraling twintails, which somewhat remind you of drill-bits. In her arms seems to be some kind of rifle, another one is lying on the ground nearby. She takes aim at the charging entity and fires, hitting it right where its "head" would be, causing it to "stagger" in pain.

>Dropping the rifle to the ground, she quickly summons another one, takes aim, and deals a finishing blow. The entity goes still, as the metal parts crumble and fall off of its dissipating body. The world ripples and soon returns to normal, all three of you seem to be in the same general area you were before you and Sanae were transported to that odd place.

>All three of the used rifles quickly unravel into ribbons and disappear as the Magical Girl looks at both of you.
>"Are you two alright?" she asks. It's a good thing I showed up when I did... Another second and that familiar probably would've killed her...

>"Y-Yeah." you hear Sanae reply, "What WAS that thing!?"
>_

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »
>Is the blonde girl wearing normal clothes right now?
>"Oof... I think I'm alright... That was quite an experience..."
>"...Um... Thank you for saving, but... Who are you? And what was that... that... all of that?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2017, 05:35:43 PM »
>Is the blonde girl wearing normal clothes right now?
>"Oof... I think I'm alright... That was quite an experience..."
>"...Um... Thank you for saving, but... Who are you? And what was that... that... all of that?"
>She's still transformed at the moment. Her outfit consists of a pair of yellow and black knee-high boots with striped leggings. She's wearing a yellow skirt with a black stripe running along the bottom. Above that is a brown, corset-like garment, which separates the skirt from a white top, and ends beneath her *ahem* assets. Her long sleeves have puffs on the upper arm. On her head is a small, brown hat with a tuft of white fur. Right below it, on her right side of her head, is a hair accessory with a floral pattern, and a brilliant yellow gem sitting in the center of it. Her soul gem, you suppose.

>"My name is Mami Tomoe." she introduces herself, "As for what happened, well, that will take a bit to explain. Long story short, you were attacked by something called a familiar."

>"A familiar?" Sanae asks.

>"Yes." Mami nods. "You know, the two of you are lucky to be alive: You were in a lot of danger... I'd hate to imagine what would've happened if I hadn't been around..."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
>Shudder. "I don't want to imagine what would've happened if you'd just taken a few more seconds to show up. I really can't thank you enough."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »
>Shudder. "I don't want to imagine what would've happened if you'd just taken a few more seconds to show up. I really can't thank you enough."
>"So, what are you, anyway? Some kind of superhero?" Sanae asks, playing dumb.

>Mami chuckles a bit, "In a way, yes. I'm a Magical Girl." Superhero... I guess that's one way to describe it to witnesses...

>"A Magical Girl?"

>"That is correct, Mami Tomoe is what is known as a Magical Girl." says a new voice, almost like that of a child. The odd thing is that you heard it in your head, even though you're certain you aren't reading anyone else.

>Sanae seems to have heard it too, and begins glancing around for the source. Soon, that white creature scampers up to the three of you, positioning itself near Mami and taking a seat. It's tail swishes as its red eyes stare at you.

>"Oh, hello Kyubey." Mami smiles, "How long have you been here?"

>"I've been here since these two were pulled into that familiar's barrier." Kyubey says, shifting its gaze to the magical girl, "In fact, I have been observing them for some time now."
>You honestly can't seem to read anything from it. You wonder if it's because of whatever the hell they are, or if it's because it's already "projecting" its thoughts through telepathy...

>"Oh?" Mami glances at the two of you, and back, "Are they potentials?"

>Kyubey seems to study the two of you for a moment. "I have been trying to determine that myself, the one on the left could potentially be a candidate, and I'm not entirely certain about the other one." it focuses on you, "Both of them have a rather irregular magic potential to them, but hers in particular has to be one of the most unusual I have ever seen. I would be curious to see what kind of Magical Girl would result in the event she ever contracted..."
>_

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
>Frown. "...pulled into a barrier? Magic potential? Contracted? I'm sorry, but I'm kind of lost here..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2017, 07:43:12 PM »
>Frown. "...pulled into a barrier? Magic potential? Contracted? I'm sorry, but I'm kind of lost here..."
>"I'd be happy to explain and clarify things for you, but it'll be better do it in a place a bit less public." says Mami, "If you don't mind, we could all go to my place and Kyubey and I can answer your questions there, unless there's somewhere you need to be, of course." I wouldn't want to bother them with this if they're busy.

>"Oh, I'm fine with that." says Sanae, "Satori and I were just taking a walk anyway, so there's not like there's anything better to do, right Satori?" she glances at you, "Besides, I'm just as confused about all of this as she is, but it seems pretty interesting so far..." It's up to you whether or not we go with her, Satori.

>Kyubey swishes its tail.
>_

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »
>Nod. "Then sure, we're coming. ...Wouldn't we get attention on the way there, though? Both of you are pretty... noticeable..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »
>Nod. "Then sure, we're coming. ...Wouldn't we get attention on the way there, though? Both of you are pretty... noticeable..."
>Mami promptly dispels her transformation and smiles. She's now wearing a uniform of some kind. Her soul gem is now a ring, much like Oriko's

>"Normal people -- or rather, people with little to no magic potential -- are unable to see me." Kyubey replies.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:21 PM »
>"Wow! That's pretty cool." At Mami's un-transformation. Then at Kyubey, "I guess that takes care of that, then... alright, let's go!"
>Follow!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2017, 10:38:27 PM »
>"Wow! That's pretty cool." At Mami's un-transformation. Then at Kyubey, "I guess that takes care of that, then... alright, let's go!"
>Follow!
>Mami grabs a blue bag that appears to have been tossed against the wall hastily, before leading the way

>"So, are you a student?" Sanae asks on the way back, "I noticed you're wearing a school uniform."

>"I am." Mami nods, "I attend Mitakihara Middle School."

>"Even though you're a Magical Girl?"

>"Yes. Being a Magical Girl isn't an excuse to neglect my education. Though, there are other Magical Girls out there that would beg to differ..."

>"I see..."

>The two continue to have casual small-talk as you all make your way back to the apartment complex. You stop at the door to an apartment two doors down from your own.
>_