Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT III - Part 4  (Read 107681 times)

Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT III - Part 4
« Reply #570 on: April 22, 2017, 03:21:50 AM »
>Open a gap to our shack.
>Go through it.
>Close the gap behind us.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #571 on: April 22, 2017, 03:28:48 AM »
//Well we can't just give it back to Rikako anymore knowing she is holding someone hostage under threat of death can we ? The more info we have on that, the better it will be to save them.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #572 on: April 22, 2017, 03:36:05 AM »
>Open a gap to our shack.
>Go through it.
>Close the gap behind us.
>You withdraw back through your gap and open a second one to Rengeteki's shack, before heading though.
>You close the gap behind you. You still have one active gap
>_

//EDIT: Remember when this game actually had momentum and frequent participation from more than one player? *shot*
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:21:55 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #573 on: April 23, 2017, 04:30:46 AM »
>Is our computer in here?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2017, 04:35:34 AM »
>Is our computer in here?
>The laptop is right where you left it.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #575 on: April 23, 2017, 05:20:05 AM »
//Miniking, if you are indeed sitting out for the duration of current plans of the other players, then I would like you to acknowledge that you are at least going to read along. I wouldn't want you, or any other player for that matter, to fall behind and miss out on any information.

//If you do not reply, then I will intentionally parse at a slower rate until the current plan is over, to give you, or any other players that may fall behind (or even temporarily leave due to the severe lack of momentum this game has developed, probably due to me being the worst parser on the forum *shot*) a chance to catch up.

« Reply #576 on: April 23, 2017, 06:07:40 AM »
>Put the Drive into our computer and see what's on there

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #577 on: April 23, 2017, 06:15:03 AM »
>Put the Drive into our computer and see what's on there
>You unplug the phone charger from the laptop, boot it up, and insert the flash drive, opening its contents...

>...

F://:
>/Logs
>/Data
>/Project PURITY

>_

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:20:10 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #578 on: April 23, 2017, 06:25:23 AM »
//I'm reading...

« Reply #579 on: April 23, 2017, 06:55:29 AM »
>Logs

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #580 on: April 23, 2017, 07:00:48 AM »
>Logs
F://Logs:
>Introduction
>Rika
>Trust issues - New flash drive
>Subject 01
>Energy experiments cancelled
>Subject 02
>Project M.E.R.L.I.N.?
>Persuasion
>Locating a test site
>Subject 03

>_
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:42:02 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #581 on: April 23, 2017, 09:04:27 AM »
>Read them in order.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #582 on: April 23, 2017, 04:04:48 PM »
>Read them in order.
>You click on each one in order.

F://Logs/Introduction:
>I am Rikako Asakura. Following my acquisition of a piece of outside world technology, I will now use this computer to keep records of my findings, in the event I feel like publishing them once I become the greatest scientist in Gensokyo.

F://Logs/Rika:
>I have found a new associate who seems to share my views on that impurity known as Magic. She has agreed to lend her assistance to Project PURITY. I must say, she is quite the brilliant engineer. Perhaps this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, though her refusal to give a surname is quite irritating. It turns out she has quite an elaborate base hidden beneath a cliff several kilometers south of Youkai Mountain, which we agreed to turn into a lab for both of us. All of our future experiments will be conducted there.

F://Logs/Trust issues - New flash drive
>I suspect that Rika might be plotting against me. As a precaution, I'm moving these logs and sensitive files to an external storage device I acquired at that trinket shop. I do believe it's called a "Flash Drive." Perhaps I should encrypt everything too, though I don't see it as necessary, considering nobody other than me will get ahold of this Flash drive. Though, just in case, I password protected all the information about Project PURITY.

F://Logs/Subject 01
>In our search to find a viable way to execute Project PURITY, we discovered the battered remains of an android. It does not seem to be of our universe at all. We took it back to the lab, where we deemed it "Subject 01". In our attempts to analyze it, we found that it has a rather odd energy powering it. The energy seems to be derived from, believe it or not, the chlorophyll of common cacti, a form of desert-dwelling plant I've read about. However, it seems to be processed in such a way that it emits a sustainable energy that is comparable to, or perhaps even stronger than, nuclear fission. Such energy might aid greatly in powering Project PURITY.
>ADDENDUM: As we continued to analyze, the android was accidentally reactivated. It identified itself as female, and called itself "VIVIT". It also seemed to have an obsession with a so-called "Holy Grail". Other than that, it's memories were horribly corrupted from the damage it sustained. Fearing potential hostilities, since we did find quite a bit of built-in weaponry within its chassis, we promptly disabled it. However, we will continue to study it.

F://Logs/Energy experiments cancelled
>Yesterday we began to re-create the odd "cactus energy" we found in the android. Procuring the cactus was difficult, as they are not native to Japan or Gensokyo for that matter, but fortunately that trinket shop happened to have a few potted ones that slipped in from outside. We conducted the experiment on one of them, a small one. The results were horrific. The energy, at least in its raw form, is so volatile and unstable that it exploded violently and punched a small hole in space, which soon closed on its own. Thankfully, nobody was hurt, but that part of the lab is now in shambles. Unfortunately, due to being deemed too hazardous, the project had to be shelved, but hey! At least I've discovered scientific proof that wormholes exist.

F://Logs/Subject 02
>We made a major discovery today! We found a dormant construct that seems to be the Lunarian probe that crashed into Gensokyo following the Urban Legend incident. We heard that it possesses weaponry that can wipe out life energy and create a completely pure and sterile area. Hopefully we can adapt its technology for Project PURITY's purpose.
>ADDENDUM: The project was shelved after finding that reverse-engineering the probe is nearly impossible. Confound it all! Well, I suppose it's back to the drawing board... I need a drink.

F://Logs/Project M.E.R.L.I.N.?
>While drowning my sorrows regarding the dead end we hit with Subject 02, I ran into someone from my past in the same bar. She was quite intoxicated, and she was blabbering a tale about how ten years ago her partner, a professor from a parallel universe by the name of Yumemi Okazaki, whom I am also acquainted with from a past experience, used a machine called M.E.R.L.I.N. to attempt to give all worlds magic, though they were stopped before the plan could go to completion. Now, this sparked my interest greatly. Perhaps this "M.E.R.L.I.N." could be remade, and adapted to broadcast Project PURITY's waves. I should tell Rika about this, and perhaps we should pay the good professor a visit soon, to see if she'll be willing to help us.

F://Logs/Persuasion
>Unfortunately, Okazaki wasn't as cooperative as we had hoped, however, after a bit of "persuasion", she agreed to begin construction on what she calls "M.E.R.L.I.N.-II". Which is quite a silly name, considering PURITY's purpose is the exact opposite of what that acronym describes. Perhaps I should come up with one that's more fitting...
>ADDENDUM: Our captive tried to escape seconds after I finished this. Fortunately, Rika pacified her. It would've been a disaster if she had gotten away...

F://Logs/Locating a test site
>I've run some simulations, and Project PURITY seems quite promising. Though, we still need to see if the waves will leave life untouched. I've found two potential test sites for a smaller-scale version of the device, which will minimize the risk of life loss if things go awry. The sites also need to have relatively low ambient magic, since it might interfere with other data I wish to gather.

F://Logs/Subject 03
>The experiments we're running on our captive seem promising so far. Though, we were forced to revoke her bathroom privileges after she tried to escape through the vents. Thankfully, she seemed to underestimate her size, though it was quite a nightmare extricating her. To punish her even further, we're locking her in a storage room on the lowest level of the lab when we're not experimenting on her.
>NOTE TO SELF: Send someone to buy more butter this week...

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #583 on: April 23, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
>My goodness... she plans to eradicate all magic on the worlds...
>Immediately start accessing the DATA Folder.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #584 on: April 23, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »
>My goodness... she plans to eradicate all magic on the worlds...
>Immediately start accessing the DATA Folder.
>You back out and click on the data folder.
>It's nothing more than a bunch of confusing equations, statistics, and graphs.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #585 on: April 23, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »
>Try to access the Project folder then, see if we can figure out a password.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2017, 10:28:31 PM »
>Try to access the Project folder then, see if we can figure out a password.
F://Project PURITY:
>SYSTEM: Directory is password protected.
>Please enter password: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #587 on: April 23, 2017, 11:01:28 PM »
>Each of those bars is a character for the password ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #588 on: April 23, 2017, 11:10:18 PM »
>Each of those bars is a character for the password ?
>Yes

« Reply #589 on: April 23, 2017, 11:27:10 PM »
>Type in "password"
>If that actually works, faceplam.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #590 on: April 23, 2017, 11:31:50 PM »
>Type in "password"
>If that actually works, faceplam.
>You type...
>ACCESS DENIED.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #591 on: April 23, 2017, 11:37:12 PM »
>Try "Newworld".
>Does it differentiate Caps ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #592 on: April 24, 2017, 12:22:00 AM »
>Try "Newworld".
>ACCESS DENIED.

>Does it differentiate Caps ?
>You don't know

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #593 on: April 24, 2017, 12:30:48 AM »
>Try all the 2.18340106e14 combinations one by one.
>Drat...
>Can we still move the folder ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #594 on: April 24, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »
>Try all the 2.18340106e14 combinations one by one.
>You reach the end of your lifespan
>Hax End.

>Drat...
>Can we still move the folder ?
>You cannot.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #595 on: April 24, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »
>How about delete it ?
>Try typing an A and an a, does it show them being the same ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #596 on: April 24, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »
>How about delete it ?
>Try typing an A and an a, does it show them being the same ?
>you seem to require the password in order to delete the folder.
>it does show a and A the same: both show up as an asterisk.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #597 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:47 PM »
>Try "RAsakura".

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #599 on: April 24, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »
>Try "greatest".