Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 68015 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2016, 03:27:07 AM »
>"Then... do you have any records about someone in the past that had control over time or anything of such ?"

>"Specifically, there was someone in the Scarlet Devil Mansion with that ability."

>"Not exactly my specialty," says Oebi. "But I know what you're getting at."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2016, 04:27:06 AM »
>Nod.
>"Well then, do you know of anyone that might have knowledge about that ? Maybe someone that studied the incidents like the Scarlet Mist one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2016, 04:47:42 AM »
>Nod.
>"Well then, do you know of anyone that might have knowledge about that ? Maybe someone that studied the incidents like the Scarlet Mist one."

>"Why?" says the kobito.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »
>"If there is a record of such a person, then perhaps me demonstrating that ability would be enough to prove that I am, indeed, that person from a millenia ago. And that, among other things, my money and information is legitimate."
>...hrm. "Although I suppose it's not impossible another would have a power like that, but even I would be quite surprised."

If this doesn't work my next course of action would be offering the performance of an errand, if she has any, with consideration that we may be going to Haihan later (Since it's rather far apart from our AIR CHARIOT, it might interest her). Of course, that would necessitate saying that our desired payment is an exhibit, not simply money, and that's another problem in itself unless she really wants her hands on something from Haihan.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »
>"If there is a record of such a person, then perhaps me demonstrating that ability would be enough to prove that I am, indeed, that person from a millenia ago. And that, among other things, my money and information is legitimate."
>...hrm. "Although I suppose it's not impossible another would have a power like that, but even I would be quite surprised."

>"Just get to your point," says Oebi. "What are you trying to get at?"

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »
>"Simply put, i can stop time."
>After saying this stop time and pocket our coin, then put another object in front of her, something small like a pen or such, then resume the time flow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2016, 06:13:32 PM »
>"Simply put, i can stop time."
>After saying this stop time and pocket our coin, then put another object in front of her, something small like a pen or such, then resume the time flow.

>"I get it," the kobito says before you do your time switch. She doesn't react when the coin becomes a writing brush. "What's your point?"  She puts especial emphasis on the last word. "All you're doing now is wasting my time, I don't care who you are, what do you want?"

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
//I`ll let you answer this, it was your idea anyways, so i should interfere.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2016, 12:48:36 AM »
Yeah, she's losing patience. It's business deals or nothing. Kilga's silent so I'll go all out on my plan and see if she bites for it, I don't see any other real options.

>Nod. "My apologies. I will approach this in a different manner then."
>After a short pause. "...as I require an item nearly a millenia old, I wish to make a deal to obtain one, if at all possible; with a donor or collector seeming out of the question, that leaves yourself. It's clear my information and belongings from the past are of no value to you, so I won't bother you with that any longer. Instead I'd like to inquire if there's any errand, task, or other matter you'd possibly be interested in enough that, if I were to complete it, you'd let me have an exhibit... something such as an old armor gauntlet, or the glasses from 60 keio donated by the Hijiri Temple, or any other item you'd be willing to relinquish meeting my needs. I realize it's a long shot to ask, but I have little other choice. If it helps the matter, I have a method of fast transportation that I could use for a trip to Haihan and back today, or elsewhere."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2016, 12:50:28 AM »
>Nod. "My apologies. I will approach this in a different manner then."
>After a short pause. "...as I require an item nearly a millenia old, I wish to make a deal to obtain one, if at all possible; with a donor or collector seeming out of the question, that leaves yourself. It's clear my information and belongings from the past are of no value to you, so I won't bother you with that any longer. Instead I'd like to inquire if there's any errand, task, or other matter you'd possibly be interested in enough that, if I were to complete it, you'd let me have an exhibit... something such as an old armor gauntlet, or the glasses from 60 keio donated by the Hijiri Temple, or any other item you'd be willing to relinquish meeting my needs. I realize it's a long shot to ask, but I have little other choice. If it helps the matter, I have a method of fast transportation that I could use for a trip to Haihan and back today, or elsewhere."

>"Hm," says Oebi. "What do you need, exactly?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2016, 12:58:33 AM »
>"The only real requirement apart from being realistic to carry, is that it has been around since my era, which was..."
>Turn to Alice. "About how long ago, again? You had a much closer estimate than I."
>After Alice responds. "I'm not familiar with your Keio time system, but I know 60 Keio should be old enough, at least."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2016, 01:50:28 AM »
>"The only real requirement apart from being realistic to carry, is that it has been around since my era, which was..."
>Turn to Alice. "About how long ago, again? You had a much closer estimate than I."
>After Alice responds. "I'm not familiar with your Keio time system, but I know 60 Keio should be old enough, at least."

>"Nine hundred and eighty-seven years, and between 34-55 days," says Alice.
>"Huh," says the kobito, giving Alice a look.  "Keio's easy, it's just extended from the era that the Hakurei Barrier went up. Anyways, that's all? Just something from then? Anything at all?"

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2016, 01:51:58 AM »
>"Yes, anything that has not come with me to this period and suffered the work of time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2016, 02:08:50 AM »
>"Yes, anything that has not come with me to this period and suffered the work of time."

>"Maybe I could let go of an old coin..." says Oebi, crossing her arms and looking downward, frowning.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2016, 02:47:28 AM »
>"Is there anything i could do to repay you for this favor then ? A errand maybe ? As you said the coins i have could be easily claimed to be just accurate replicas, so it likely won't do."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2016, 02:48:27 AM »
>"An old coin would be perfect."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2016, 02:54:16 AM »
>"Is there anything i could do to repay you for this favor then ? A errand maybe ? As you said the coins i have could be easily claimed to be just accurate replicas, so it likely won't do."

>"What favor?" says the kobito. "You were offering, I was discussing payment."

>"An old coin would be perfect."

>She nods. "Good. So. What're you offering, exactly?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2016, 03:22:44 AM »
>"Well, admittedly, I'm not sure what you might be interested in, apart from something to display in the museum. I was hoping the prospect of me being able to travel anywhere within the Hakurei Barrier would give you an idea of something you wanted, or wanted done or investigated... but if not, I could go out with a goal of finding something worth showing in your museum, as vague of an offer as that may be."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2016, 03:27:52 AM »
>"Well, admittedly, I'm not sure what you might be interested in, apart from something to display in the museum. I was hoping the prospect of me being able to travel anywhere within the Hakurei Barrier would give you an idea of something you wanted, or wanted done or investigated... but if not, I could go out with a goal of finding something worth showing in your museum, as vague of an offer as that may be."

>"So if I send you after the jewels of Makai, you'd do it?" says Oebi, looking up and raising an eyebrow.

>_

« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2016, 03:38:13 AM »
>"Not that, but that's only because people who go into Makai generally don't come back. But i would be happy to do another favor for you, as long as i have a chance of surviving or coming back from it!"

Also >Make a mental note to let Reimu know that her and the Moriyas will still be competing, unfortunately.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2016, 03:57:35 AM »
//Uh i don't think Reimu cares about that, she already has all she needs to survive and all that.

>"Not that, but that's only because people who go into Makai generally don't come back. But i would be happy to do another favor for you, as long as i have a chance of surviving or coming back from it!"

>Don't say this just yet, it's rather true, but we should hear more about the request beflre declining.

>"Jewels of Makai ? It wouldn't be any kind of robbery or something would it ? If it's a treasure hunt then maybe."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2016, 04:14:21 AM »
>Make a mental note to let Reimu know that her and the Moriyas will still be competing, unfortunately.

>Don't say this just yet, it's rather true, but we should hear more about the request beflre declining.
>"Jewels of Makai ? It wouldn't be any kind of robbery or something would it ? If it's a treasure hunt then maybe."

>Reimu might be interested in learning she still has competition.
>"Everything's robbery when you get down to it," says Oebi with a shrug. "Nothing in the world's unclaimed."

>_

« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2016, 04:38:55 AM »
>"Where can I get these jewels? If they're  in makai, I believe i won't be able to get them. No one can leave makai."
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2016, 06:12:24 AM »
>"Where can I get these jewels? If they're  in makai, I believe i won't be able to get them. No one can leave makai."

>"Sure they can," says Oebi. "How do you think people got back after the whole throne incident?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »
Even in our time period, you can leave makai. Although by UFO's example, you might need specific transportation.

>"I'm unfamiliar, but I get your point. Keeping in mind I don't know much about this time period, what can you tell me the jewels of Makai?"

Everything's robbery, huh >:V This is one interesting girl.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2016, 05:06:36 PM »
>"I'm unfamiliar, but I get your point. Keeping in mind I don't know much about this time period, what can you tell me the jewels of Makai?"

>"They're an example," says Oebi. "I'm trying to get a feel for just how serious you are. It's one thing to say you'll do whatever, but another thing to actually commit to it."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »
>Nod. "Well, I wouldn't be paid until after it's done, so it wouldn't do to go to all this effort making a deal, and then take a task I'm not going to end up completing."
>"Whether you believe me or not on the other matter, I'm not planning on staying in this time period, and would like to go home as soon as possible. Since this is the last item I need, I can assure you any task would have my full and immediate attention."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
//Are you sure this is alright ? Wouldn't stealing something bring shame to our house's name ?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2016, 06:40:54 PM »
Stealing? What? When we asked for any actual details about the makai jewels she just said it was an example. We don't have any idea what she wants us to -do-, yet.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »
Then i just misunderstood it then.