Author Topic: RNG And Waifus Thread XXX: Now with even more waifus and Bride dresses !  (Read 105293 times)

yomichiyu

• party up in here
Hmm, Tans as rewards for the 3k Challenge. I was hoping for Jewels since I'm running out but Tans are always nice to have. Pop them out of the mail whenever I'm ready to use them.

commandercool

• alter cool
What? Tans are like the most common thing ever. That is going to be a painful mailbox clogger. They're four per 50 stamina and you can't possibly lose. They are not good rewards.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

yomichiyu

• party up in here
I rarely run Tans given that I'm usually spending my stamina on other things (descended, +egg farming, etc). Doesn't help that most of the times my group gets it is during when I'm busy either. And the times I do run it, it's usually the same colors over and over and not the ones I really need.

I'll be in the very small minority where I view it as a good thing :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
What? Tans are like the most common thing ever. That is going to be a painful mailbox clogger. They're four per 50 stamina and you can't possibly lose. They are not good rewards.

as someone who burns through tans a lot nowadays i would have appreciated the 3K Challenge now instead of ages back in JP :V

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

tans are good because now I can guarantee I get what I want without rng for two of them

what really matters in the end is that I get a stone out of this

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
They're four per 50 stamina and you can't possibly lose.

I've managed to on JP, with an absolute crap team.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Easiest ranks of my life

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
:toot:

commandercool

• alter cool
Very cool! I hope to take my first shot at it tomorrow. Just need 500k EXP and one Tamadra and I can get started.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Arena.... one day......

BTW, fpurin, could you add me later please in PAD ?

commandercool

• alter cool
So there's one minor snag in my Arena plan. I thought Kali didn't go for her instant kill below 70%, but it's actually 65%. The best gravity that's inheritable as far as I know is 30%, or at least the best one that I have. That's not a deal-breaker, but it does make things much trickier. If I did my math correctly, I need to hit Kali for 3 million damage after the gravity (1.5 with Charite), which isn't too tough. It kind of necessitates that I don't use a ton of actives on finishing off the previous floor though, which means Athena most likely is a loss and Beelzebub might be.

I also have to rethink putting gravity on Reine, since I may need her to burst. May have to put it on Snow White instead, which is fine. I'm not going to skill it up so there's no chance of accidentally stalling into it at the wrong time, so there's no real risk to doing so. And if I get all red resists I can actually tank Kali's insta-kill provided Charite is up, although I haven't done that yet.

Actually wait, does Kali's turn-one shield also protect her from gravity? I think I've heart of people using gravity to bypass it, but does that actually work? If not I'm still good, I can inherit Healing Miracle onto someone. If that's the case I can probably even start doing runs tonight.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Gravities bypass the damage shield, yes. The introduction of L/G Kirin was right about as the first Arena launched, and she caused quite a hooplah about being able to skip that damage race part of Arena.

Go figure that two 20% gravities would deal 36% of Kali's HP in damage.

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah I suppose I could just inherit two gravities, but keeping track of beating the previous floor while both are up at the same time sounds like a nightmare.

Actually I may not be bringing Reine to this, now that I think about it. My team's extremely poor lock resistances is going to be a mess on Kali, so having 60% resist sounds waaaaay better than 20%. I can handle being locked some of the time, I just need decent odds of being able to eventually break out. So right now my plan is to bring:

Gabe/Alrescha/Snow White*/Sun Quan/Charite/Ryune

*Ultra Gravity inherited

Certainly not perfect, but with some RNG it should work. Will be better after Awoken Sun Quan and more red resist latents.

See any obvious flaws with that plan?

:toot:

People clearing Arena 1 here finally. Now I too, must evolve.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Only 1 inherit needed for this team to do Devil Rush using Mzeus, very good for general farming purposes...

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Do any of you know if a Thoria Team can clear Arena ?

commandercool

• alter cool
Probably. Now that we have inheritance I think anything remotely competent stands a chance.

commandercool

• alter cool
I started Arena earlier today but my phone broke so I couldn't finish it. Bought a new phone, turns out it isn't compatible with my provider so I have to return it tomorrow morning, but in the mean time I installed PAD.

Oh, hey Kali. What's up?

HUSBANDO RAGE!

This was actually super sketchy. The screen on this temporary phone is too narrow (notice the top of the art being cut off) and super slippery so I had a really hard time doing diagonals. And I had a stretch where I was skillbound for ten turns and didn't see a single heart for the first four of them.

There, I did it. Can this prove that archangels are at least a little bit legit as leads? I know, I'm super late and it's not cool anymore to clear Arena, but can this count for something? I'm reasonably satisfied for the immediate future anyway.

By the way, I wouldn't really consider this farmable with the current setup. 60% lock resist is too sketchy and there are still some sequences of spawns that do pretty much make me insta-lose I'm pretty sure. And it's super slow, obviously. This probably took around 35-40 minutes.

There, I did it. Can this prove that archangels are at least a little bit legit as leads? I know, I'm super late and it's not cool anymore to clear Arena, but can this count for something?

It only counts if you want it to. Let no one else, not even me, take that merit away.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
The average clear time is like 20-25 minutes anyways so I wouldn't stress about Gabriel doing it a little slowly.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Some people I talk to outside of the MotK group like to say "if it's not consistent it doesn't matter" because apparently "any decent team can complete Arena with the right spawns."

I, of course, think that is a load of garbage, and congratulate all new Arena clears because the team is, IMO, certainly good if one can do that even once with it due to how much of a nightmare gauntlet it is.

(I mean, congratulations from me are not necessarily relevant due to not having done such yet, but I just don't care about Arena so it's a bit different for me anyway.)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
It only counts if you want it to. Let no one else, not even me, take that merit away.

I'm torn between wishing other people would give Archangels a chance and being smug about having a cool lead nobody else uses. It's not even like I really want Gabriel friends, I don't particularly (although one nice hypermax one would be nice to stopgap by skill lock problem a bit more).

Some people I talk to outside of the MotK group like to say "if it's not consistent it doesn't matter" because apparently "any decent team can complete Arena with the right spawns."

I, of course, think that is a load of garbage, and congratulate all new Arena clears because the team is, IMO, certainly good if one can do that even once with it due to how much of a nightmare gauntlet it is.

(I mean, congratulations from me are not necessarily relevant due to not having done such yet, but I just don't care about Arena so it's a bit different for me anyway.)

Not that this means much, but just for the record this was my first full run (not counting the one that got cut off on early floors by my phone killing itself). I didn't run it dozens of times to fish for perfect spawns or anything. I also didn't get exceptionally bad spawns (not sure what those are exactly, but I'm confident they do exist), but I feel like I did get some relatively bad RNG against Kali and still pulled through.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
pretty sure Lifive is the definition of a bad spawn for Gabriel

commandercool

• alter cool
Lifive? Nah, he's fine. Nothing on the previous floor threatens Gabe that hard (maybe Stratios?), so I know I'm going to be going in with nearly full actives. That being the case he's an easy one-shot. I'd almost be more worried about Threedia, but I am packing Charite. The problem with either of them is that they could lead to a situation where, depending on how the Zeus on the previous floor went down, I don't have either Alrescha or Ryune up and if that's the case then Beelzebub is an instant loss, and he's potentially quite a handful even if I do have either of them.

But yeah, barring very bad luck on both the proceeding and succeeding floors I'm not too scared of Lifive.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:03:04 AM by commandercool »

Lifive is okay if you're blue because you can beat him up quickly. If you're not, well...

The latter half of this is true, some spawns work with better teams than others.

The former is garbage, because I don't farm either arena and have more than enough Pys to do what I have needed to do for 800+ days. I probably have some 50+% consistency teams in my box at this point as well.

First Annihilation dungeon clear/0stone. Had the help of one of NA's best blue players for the ride, though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
He couldn't even be bothered to drop?  Ruuuuude.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

He couldn't even be bothered to drop?  Ruuuuude.

dat money and exp tho

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Still can't defeat Ultimate Arena, by any stretch at all, but

I beat Heracles Descended, so there's that.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Yup, seems like Thoria can clear Arena, although the lack of skill ups and a unbindable bind clearer constantly slap me in the face, i'd also have to be careful if i get Sopdet or anything like that.

Still can't defeat Ultimate Arena, by any stretch at all, but

I beat Heracles Descended, so there's that.

Well that's a nice start, it's one of the weaker dungeons IMO but still a nice feat considering the cards you have.

BTW how many stones do you have right now ?

Also in another topic, any news about the stream event at Friday ?