Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71639 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #660 on: July 18, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »
>Try it.

>If you're sure... "Spring Evenings Dozings." the blonde incants her spell once again, throwing a cloud of sleeping flowers into Breakdown's face. The unexpected flowers causes Breakdown to cough and wave his arms in front of his face, and as he does so Kiku swings into action. Rather than employing her magical girl powers, she produces a paper charm and hurls it at the biker. Breakdown's aura flares again, disintegrating the charm and Lily's flowers, but not with enough force to completely negate your beam.
>"Caster: Lightning Beam!" Poppy announces as Breakdown's flare of power starts to fade. The rabbit has chosen her time to strike well. The laser-like beam of crackling electricity pierces Breakdown's shield and strikes the manic biker where his left shoulder meets his chest. The blast spins him around and knocks him completely off his feet, sending him tumbling back down the stone steps of the crypt.

« Reply #661 on: July 18, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
>Does he seem knocked senseless, or just momentarily flummoxed?
>Do we even have an open shot at his jewel anymore?

« Reply #662 on: July 18, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
>Does he seem knocked senseless, or just momentarily flummoxed?
>Do we even have an open shot at his jewel anymore?

>Very senseless. And with him tumbling down those steps, he's most likely going to be in worse shapes when he reaches the bottom.
>Not until he stops moving. Assuming he lands face-up.

« Reply #663 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »
>If he seems actually unconscious/incoherent, try to catch him with a Sapphire Lotus before he bashes his brains out on the stairs and set him down on the ground
>Otherwise, wait for him to come to a stop and assess the situation again

« Reply #664 on: July 18, 2016, 08:55:37 PM »
>If he seems actually unconscious/incoherent, try to catch him with a Sapphire Lotus before he bashes his brains out on the stairs and set him down on the ground
>Otherwise, wait for him to come to a stop and assess the situation again

>Knowing that someone in his position can come to serious harm, you display your charitable nature once again and send your Sapphire light after the biker, bringing him to a much gentler halt than he otherwise would have experienced. If he was more aware, you're sure he'd thank you for it.
>Lily frowns at Reisen. "Was that really necessary."
>Poppy steps forward, looking down the steps at Breakdown, who appears to be conscious, but just barely, groaning quietly and trying to move his head, which is bleeding from a small cut on his right cheek. "Caster: Lightning Orb." The rabbit sends another electric burst down at Breakdown, wracking his body with electricity. "Absolutely necessary." she says in an even tone. "We don't have time to mess with him. Nor do we have the energy to waste."

« Reply #665 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:40 PM »
>"The first may have been, but surely that wasn't."
>Let's go down and see if we can purify his jewel without him pushing back against it

« Reply #666 on: July 18, 2016, 10:18:26 PM »
>"The first may have been, but surely that wasn't."
>Let's go down and see if we can purify his jewel without him pushing back against it

>"It was just as necessary." Reisen argues. "Unless you wanted him to get up and start shooting you again."
>"Rei-Poppy." says Rin. "This isn't like you."
>"I know who and what we're up against." the rabbit says grimly.

>"And that was easier than it could have been." says Poppy as you start to go down after Breakdown. "Much easier. I've seen what a Grey Jewel can do. I can only assume Breakdown either didn't know how to fully use his power or that he couldn't focus enough to bring his full power to bear." Now I need you to attend to something else. she says, switching to telepathy. Did you hear that clicking sound during the fight?
>Yeah, actually I did.
>Check it out. Someone else may be in the graveyard, and we don't want them here when Motormaster shows up. Then she turns to Kiku and Lily. And I think you two should go down below and make sure the others stay asleep. If they wear dark Jewels as well, they might already be coming around. I'll stay up here and keep an eye out for Motormaster.
>Good idea. Kiku agrees, jerking her head towards the stairs. "Come along, Lily." Still frowning at Reisen, Lily shakes her head and falls in behind the tiger.

>At the least, Reisen's aggression does have the benefit of giving you free reign to turn your power on Breakdown's Jewel unopposed. Though not before you wince sympathetically. The biker's body sports burns over his arms and back, none more severe than where Poppy's Lightning beam struck him. Reisen didn't kill him, but you have the uncomfortable thought that one more shot might well have done that. You wouldn't have expected that from her, either.
>"Is he okay?" Lily asks in a very quiet voice as she pauses behind you.

« Reply #667 on: July 18, 2016, 10:31:32 PM »
>"He's alive, at least. I'll do what I can for him."
>Let's give another try at purifying his jewel without opposition

« Reply #668 on: July 19, 2016, 01:25:24 AM »
>"He's alive, at least. I'll do what I can for him."
>Let's give another try at purifying his jewel without opposition

>Lily glances back up the stairs, then lowers her voice again. "Reisen... kinda scared me there."
>"She felt it was necessary." Kiku says. "And I do not entirely disagree. Given the prospect of facing another Titan at the same time as a Blood Jewel, this was the better of the two options for us."

>As you aim your scepter at Breakdown's Jewel again, Kiku warns you, "On that subject, Lotus, I suggest you not expend too much energy. I believe Motormaster will be much more dangerous than Breakdown, and we may need all the power we can draw upon."
>Finally free of distractions, you unleash Violet energy upon Breakdown's Jewel again. As before, you feel your power simply dropping down into that bottomless abyss. Free to focus fully on the task, you sense that the abyss has varying and distinct levels, at least nine levels that your power passes through before reaching the level that Breakdown has been drawing power from. Weirdly, you also sense his connection to a higher level, one three levels above the level of the Grey. That might be where that Yellow beam came from. He must have two separate Jewels, each with their own reservoir of power, each with their own connection to this seemingly infinite blackness. An examination of his body shows that he does indeed have another Jewel, a bright Yellow Jewel, on a ring on his left hand.

>Try as you might, you don't really seem to be having any discernible effect on the Abyss, Breakdown's connection to it or his Jewel itself. You sense that you COULD potentially do something to his Jewel, in that you could shatter it. But you're reasonably certain that this would have as many negative consequences on the biker as it would positive. Reisen was right. You're not dealing with something like a Youma, or someone like the Avatars. Breakdown isn't someone that's been corrupted by darkness, he was born into darkness. It's a part of him, an extension of who he is. That Jewel isn't something you can purify in the same way you've done other things.
>And yet, that's not to say you can't do anything for Breakdown. The beginnings of an idea are starting to form in your head, but you can't quite get them to come together just now. The looming threat of Motormaster, the sounds of Kiku and Lily employing their magic on the other bikers, the unanticipated aggressiveness of Reisen... You've got a lot on your mind, and you're grappling with a power you barely understand. The idea is there, at least in fragmented form, but for right now, it is eluding now.
>And Rin doesn't help when you hear her telepathic voice, Reisen was right, girls. Someone was takin' pictures of us fighting Breakdown. Hatate's here, and so's that other Tengu that was tailing us, Byakuren. They were watching us fight.

« Reply #669 on: July 19, 2016, 01:48:44 AM »
>Well, if we don't seem to be making any headway, let's cut the Violet Lotus. Kiku's right - we can't afford to expend ourselves too much.
>I guess we didn't shake her after all. And while I would just as soon what just happened not make the news, I'm more worried about their own safety right now. Where are they?

« Reply #670 on: July 19, 2016, 02:46:45 AM »
>Well, if we don't seem to be making any headway, let's cut the Violet Lotus. Kiku's right - we can't afford to expend ourselves too much.
>I guess we didn't shake her after all. And while I would just as soon what just happened not make the news, I'm more worried about their own safety right now. Where are they?

>Disengaging your Violet Lotus, you make a note to come back here later and try again. Just because Violet Lotus may not have worked, it doesn't mean that you don't have the power to help them in some other way. Once you can focus on the task and not have to worry about being interrupted by a powerful corrupted biker in the process.
>There's a big tree northwest of the crypt you're in now. The two of them were camped out there. How'd you miss them, Reisen?
>I don't know. the rabbit admits. I must have been tunnel visioned on the crypt.
>I've been trying to convince them to leave. Rin reports. It's not going so well.

« Reply #671 on: July 19, 2016, 02:53:45 AM »
>I'll see if I can.
>Let's go talk to them

« Reply #672 on: July 19, 2016, 03:49:02 AM »
>I'll see if I can.
>Let's go talk to them

>Too late. says Reisen grimly.
>Why too late? Rin asks her.
>He's coming.

« Reply #673 on: July 19, 2016, 03:55:40 AM »
>Then we just have to hurry.
>Get moving!

« Reply #674 on: July 20, 2016, 12:46:21 AM »
>Then we just have to hurry.
>Get moving!

>Who is this Hatate? Kiku asks.
>Lily fields that question, explaining the intrepid Tengu's position on their school's newpaper and her reputation for getting her eyes on stories with a skill and persistance that rivals some professional reporters. And that she was the one who provided the news with the images of the battle with the Death Titan.
>As she does that, you hustle back up the stairs, taking a quick look around to find the tree Rin mentioned. It's a sizable pine tree, and the two Tengu Rin mentioned are perched in a collection of branches about half way up the 20 foot tree. Hatate, true to form, snaps a picture of you as you run up to the base of the tree, to stand next to Rin. "It's Lotus, I believe?" she calls down.

« Reply #675 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:00 AM »
>"It is, but you need to get out of here. This place is about to become very dangerous and we won't be able to guarantee your safety."

« Reply #676 on: July 20, 2016, 02:39:30 AM »
>"It is, but you need to get out of here. This place is about to become very dangerous and we won't be able to guarantee your safety."

>Hatate nods. "Okay."
>White Rose blinks. "You changed your mind fast."
>The brunette tengu chuckles. "Not what I meant. I meant, 'okay, I understand.' Still not leaving." she says casually.

« Reply #677 on: July 20, 2016, 02:49:20 AM »
>"This isn't a joke. I respect your commitment to journalism, but you could die if you stay here."

« Reply #678 on: July 20, 2016, 02:58:12 AM »
>"This isn't a joke. I respect your commitment to journalism, but you could die if you stay here."

>"That's what White Rose said, too." Hatate replies easily. "And I'll tell you what I told her: I know you girls are connected to something big. Giant black creatures and flaming flying foxes don't come out of nowhere. I don't really want to let you out of my sight until I get to the truth of the matter."
>"Lunar Spectrum Shift: Saber." you hear Reisen intone sharply from behind you and to your right.

« Reply #679 on: July 20, 2016, 03:13:18 AM »
>"Getting yourself killed won't help anyone. You saw the other night what these things are capable of."
>Is Lily nearby?

« Reply #680 on: July 20, 2016, 03:29:47 AM »
>"Getting yourself killed won't help anyone. You saw the other night what these things are capable of."
>Is Lily nearby?

>"If it isn't us, Lotus, it's gonna be someone else."
>"And we were here first." the blonde tengu says proudly.
>I warned ya. Rin observes.

>Negative.

« Reply #681 on: July 20, 2016, 03:45:14 AM »
>Can we tell where Motormaster is, and how far away?

« Reply #682 on: July 20, 2016, 05:07:42 AM »
>Can we tell where Motormaster is, and how far away?

>Motormaster is currently standing on one of the paved walkways that wind through the cemetery, somewhere between 50 and 60 feet to your southeast. And Poppy is standing about ten feet in front of him, now in her Saber form. "Saber Blade." you hear her intone, manifesting her long sword.
>The black clad biker folds their arms. "You have got a lot of balls to pull a blade on me." their deep voice growls at the rabbit.

« Reply #683 on: July 20, 2016, 05:20:07 AM »
>Do we think we could put them to sleep, or is that still outside our repertoire?

« Reply #684 on: July 20, 2016, 05:44:52 AM »
>Do we think we could put them to sleep, or is that still outside our repertoire?

>You haven't really mastered status ailments yet.

« Reply #685 on: July 20, 2016, 06:11:22 AM »
>Lily, Kiku, are you almost done down there?

« Reply #686 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:32 AM »
>Lily, Kiku, are you almost done down there?

>Yes. Kiku replies.

« Reply #687 on: July 20, 2016, 06:45:38 AM »
>Hatate seems dead-set on staying here, and I'm not sure we have enough time to put them to sleep and carry them somewhere safe. We may need to just try and keep the battle away from them.
>"There's nothing noble about being reckless with your lives. I just pray that neither of you has to die before you realize that. ...at least try to keep your distance."
>Let's go catch up to Reisen

« Reply #688 on: July 20, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »
>Hatate seems dead-set on staying here, and I'm not sure we have enough time to put them to sleep and carry them somewhere safe. We may need to just try and keep the battle away from them.

>I may be able to scare them away. Kiku suggests.
>Lily asks, How?
>Well, I AM a tiger. the miko replies dryly.

>"There's nothing noble about being reckless with your lives. I just pray that neither of you has to die before you realize that. ...at least try to keep your distance."
>Let's go catch up to Reisen

>The blonde tengu grins. "Thanks, both of ya, but we'll be fine."
>Hatate, though, nods a bit more soberly. "We'll take it under advisement. And you take care of yourself, too." she cautions.

>"Do you have any idea what I did to the last guy that pulled a blade on me?" Motormaster growls at Poppy as the biker stares her down.
>"Yes, I do." Poppy replies, her grip on her sword fierce.
>"I was in a GOOD mood then. I'm not now." Motormaster pauses as they see you and White Rose approach. "Three of you, huh? If this is one of that half-wit Drag Strip's cock-eyed ideas of a challenge, I'm not amused."

« Reply #689 on: July 20, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
>Hatate went chasing after the Champion of Fire of her own volition. I doubt a tiger is as frightening, unless you actually attacked them.
>"This has nothing to do with them. It isn't even about you, but about the entity that has taken hold of you."
>Let's keep our guard up. We don't know what kind of power Motormaster can muster on short notice, and we know they're in a bad mood