Author Topic: Saving the World With Power of Friendship - Let's Play Touhou-A-Live [COMPLETED]  (Read 47007 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Huh, I expected a Die for Me! spell or at least a Mudo-class spell or a Megido-class spell.
If does have Shinki's instant permanent death which she uses in my 2nd and 4th fight against her. Why did I fought her 3 more times...?

I guess they removed some of the areas/ideas because they figured it was long enough already XD This was around the point where I was getting to "Okay, seriously... can this be nearly over now?" There's a lot of random fights and they get sorta samey to do over and over. You're supposed to fight until you're tired of the system in the -final- chapter. XD
Geez, you really does hate the length this chapter. It's still chapter 2 and you're already bored. I kinda agree with the battle, it's getting harder and harder for me to describe the enemies, and as much as I like the battle BGM, it certainly have overstayed its welcome.

Fantasy Chapter 2 - Mission 4: The Gate

i always compared this part to Spec Ops: The Line.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Oh hello there,
Spoiler:
Straybow.

Your Everyday NEET

Fantasy Chapter 3 - Part 1

There's so much potential in this chapter. But since this chapter has gone for too long... I estimate there's only 2 part for this chapter.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Wait, the Replicants are seriously just tossed in there only to be never mentioned again? Jeez, that's some wasted potential right out of the gate.

Your Everyday NEET

Wait, the Replicants are seriously just tossed in there only to be never mentioned again? Jeez, that's some wasted potential right out of the gate.
Yeah, I was hoping that the game explore the fugitive theme more.

Fantasy Chapter 3 - Part 1.5

There are two things I wouldn't expect from a Touhou RPG: A death scene and
Spoiler:
a torture scene

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Er... wow. You know what, I guess they really did run out of ideas on how to make this darker without being ridiculous and just toss in some generic dark stuff just for the sake of being dark.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:07:35 PM by Leon゠Helsing »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yeah, this is where the chapter isn't just stupidly long, but the plot just tries way too hard. Apart from, you know, the over-the-top news stories and all the murder and executions and random sidetrips to zombie town- this takes the cake.

The upside is I think this is staring to get SOMEWHAT close to the end?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
You'll know you're nearing the end when
Spoiler:
you have defeated Yukari in battle, after which the remainder of the chapter will play out almost exactly like the second half of Live-A-Live's Medieval Chapter.

Actually,
Spoiler:
the concept of the Replicants doesn't seem to be abandoned after you defeat those three Replicant Gatekeepers (all three of whom looked like Sara). For starters, some of the enemies you can encounter in the Final Chapter are basically identical in appearance to Touhou characters such as Chen, Kisume, Mystia, and even Kikuri!
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Your Everyday NEET

You'll know you're nearing the end when
Spoiler:
you have defeated Yukari in battle, after which the remainder of the chapter will play out almost exactly like the second half of Live-A-Live's Medieval Chapter.

Actually,
Spoiler:
the concept of the Replicants doesn't seem to be abandoned after you defeat those three Replicant Gatekeepers (all three of whom looked like Sara). For starters, some of the enemies you can encounter in the Final Chapter are basically identical in appearance to Touhou characters such as Chen, Kisume, Mystia, and even Kikuri!
Yeah, only it's more retarded. I think I'm going to name the chapter 4: Retarded People Doing Retarded Things.

That's a mistake on my part, I only remember [spoiler[that the enemies in second Tower of Demon is *whatever*phobia, let me revise that. Actually, the enemies there are Replicants of Shou, Orin, Aya, Iku-wannabe, Renko, Gengetsu?, and Kikuri.[/spoiler]

Fantasy Chapter 3 - Part 2

Yadda yadda, more politics, boring boss fight, enemies with ridiculous health.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Wow, Yukari went real generic real fast. :V

Your Everyday NEET

Fantasy Chapter 4 - Retarded People Doing Retarded Things (Keeping it one part for your convenience)
Final Boss Fight

Oh God. This is just so ridiculous it's hard to take seriously. But finally, it's done.

All that left is the Final Chapter. I'm going to begin the last voting session until 11 May to pick who's going to be our main character for the Final Chapter.

- Meiling
- Youmu
- Mokou
- Ponga
- Fox
- Cirno
- Shang

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
...You know what, let's just get it over with and pick someone who can break the fucking game in half. I pick Cirno.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:01:56 PM by Leon゠Helsing »

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Considering there's not many of us really in the thread, let's not complicate things... Cirno.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Cirno's fun, especially once you
Spoiler:
get her secret ultimate
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Your Everyday NEET

Let's see if I can rip apart Fantasy Chapter 4.
- In chapter 3, Mima and co murdered Yukari and Yumemi takes her position. The question is: What's stopping the Minister from screaming demon at Yumemi?
- Having 2 person when everyone's scream demon's just makes the scene more retarded.
- "As long there's someone who believes in you" speech is kinda lost is impact when we have Mima and Reimu, they're probably believe in each other. Plus, we still have Genji who still believes us (until he was killed), and Ichirin who probably still believes in us as well.
- Just as Serela said, Reimu's death is so sudden and tacked on.
- Mima's clearly has no interest in becoming the demon king, so, the game decided to kill Reimu. And then, BANG! Rage!
With all those stupidity at chapter 4, I can't help but snicker every time the game tried to be dramatic at that time, heck, I just laughed at Reimu's death and Rage part due to how silly that scenes are.

Cirno will be our main protagonist for the Final Chapter.

Final Chapter - Prologue

Now please, have a look at the prologue while I play.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Huh, now that you mentioned it again, what was up with that plot hole anyway?

Your Everyday NEET

Huh, now that you mentioned it again, what was up with that plot hole anyway?
In Fantasy Chapter, we see the news that report Ran is missing. Ran missing = bad Yukari. But here, we see that it's Fox who's been sent to Final Chapter, so there's no way Ran would be missing as well or else there's Time Paradox.

Sorry about the wait, sudden IRL got in the way.

Final Chapter Part 1 - Saving the World With Power of Friendship

Now you see why I picked this cheesy title for my let's play.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Not enough level to beat the miniboss? So not even Tsuda + Abise Geri abuse would cut it?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Not with ONLY Cirno and her not having gotten levels -or- equipment yet. Probably deal a tiny fraction of it's hp and die in a couple hits.

Out of curiosity, what's the soul katana effect of Youmu's special no-kill weapon? Also, I wonder if Shang has automatic petrification immunity like Cube did in Live-A-Live...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Your Everyday NEET

Not enough level to beat the miniboss? So not even Tsuda + Abise Geri abuse would cut it?

Not with ONLY Cirno and her not having gotten levels -or- equipment yet. Probably deal a tiny fraction of it's hp and die in a couple hits.

Out of curiosity, what's the soul katana effect of Youmu's special no-kill weapon? Also, I wonder if Shang has automatic petrification immunity like Cube did in Live-A-Live...
That's what going to happen if I fight it that early. At least Meiling and Mokou has strong full heal.

It's an AoE heal that is even stronger than Reimu's. I don't think I will be using Shang anymore. I don't know, I rarely used Shang.

Geez, and here I thought my day couldn't get any worse. Maybe I should reduce my update speed, ya?

Final Chapter Part 2 - Of Fairy Wars, Darkness, and Labyrinth

Also featuring Cirno's ultimate skills

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Well, that G Gundam reference came out of left field.

Your Everyday NEET

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Just for the sake of verifying no. 4:
π = 180o
2π/3 = 120o
cos(120o) = -1/2
And there ya go. :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
I would have never expected for a game to ever throw derivation as a math problem!
But who cares, it's Re-Al Phoenix baby! :getdown:

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Another dungeon is even more dickish than Shang's Dungeon.
How so? You need to have extensive knowledge of real life, other Touhou fan games, and even other video games which you probably don't play or have never even heard of (including Banjo Kazooie!) All that to answer a series of question!
Your punishment for failing to answer a certain amount of questions correctly is a boss fight with the thing that asked the questions, and its very difficult to beat too!
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Your Everyday NEET

Another dungeon is even more dickish than Shang's Dungeon.
How so? You need to have extensive knowledge of real life, other Touhou fan games, and even other video games which you probably don't play or have never even heard of (including Banjo Kazooie!) All that to answer a series of question!
Your punishment for failing to answer a certain amount of questions correctly is a boss fight with the thing that asked the questions, and its very difficult to beat too!
Yeah, I remember that. There's a reason why I don't mention it at all when I'm in East Village. You know what, screw it! I'm going to try that quiz.

Final Chapter Part 4 - Of Jar Jar Binks, Major Dickery, and Metal Gear Omega

He's not kidding when he said the quiz is ridiculous.

I wanted to try doing a normal let's play for once, but as I found out, you need some equipment to go with. And I doubt I can speak freely for so long on live as I am a shy person IRL.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:55:03 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Thankfully I think you can pass the final round if you look around GameFAQs.

Your Everyday NEET

Thankfully I think you can pass the final round if you look around GameFAQs.
I don't do that because I wanted to show how ridiculous it is to a normal person. Besides, the game can still register input while it's not focused, making it hard to access the FAQ

Final Chapter Part 5 - Of A Fallen Shrine, Space Odyssey, Ice Dungeon, and Cheaters

I guess there's not much to go once the story is completed.

It's a common sense that using laptop's internal microphone for let's play is really stupid. So I bought a headphone with a microphone... with only one port. And my laptop can't detect the microphone. I swear, making a regular is more trouble than it's worth.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Oh wow, they didn't even bother reshading the behemoth or something.

Your Everyday NEET

Final Chapter Part 6 - Of Cowards, Hangover, Exposition, and Tower Climbing

I believe that's almost all of the dungeons and optional bosses.