Author Topic: Touhou Dreams Thread  (Read 172796 times)

Touhou Dreams Thread
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »
I was kinda surprised this hadn't been re-created yet, so I'll restart purely because I want somewhere to vent after I have yet another Touhou dream that isn't enjoyable. In addition to the "Youtube prank" dream of last time, I had two more last night, both Alice-centric for whatever reason.

In the first, Alice and I were part of a group of people going out on the town, like a random teenage-coming-of-age flick. I tried to show emotion towards her and she warded me off, telling me not to be stupid. I woke up just as my ego was bruised.

Then, after falling back asleep, I found myself in an old Victorian-style stone building. There were no windows, loads of doors and a bookcase containing various paperback graphic novels with titles like "The adventures of S. Yamaxanadu" and others, all based on a variety of Touhou characters (and none were H-doujins, surprisingly). I looked around the doors and saw medical charts with different character's names on them, and I remember that all the charts specified different medical diseases (schizophrenia, etc.). I followed the numbered doors downwards and realised that the illnesses were getting worse, until I found Alice's name on door #1. For whatever reason, I knocked at the door. It opened up, Alice saw me, recognised me and immediately closed the door again. Some disembodied voice shouted at me for disturbing the patients, and then I woke up.

I think there's a psychological reason for the Alice theme (as in, she represents part of my psyche), but I'll be interested to see if any others happen.

Your turn?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Mysterio006

Re: Touhou Dreams Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 02:23:21 AM »
Lucky you, you sure have detailed dreams.

A few nights ago, I remember I was playing a fighting game much like IaMP, except I was using Koishi. The only moment I recall is Koishi having this air-unblockable 6 hit lightning bolt that I comboed after a wallslam. Sure doesn't make much sense to me...

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:38:31 AM »
air-unblockable 6 hit lightning bolt that I comboed after a wallslam
Doubt this would make much sense to anyone. :3

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 04:05:11 AM »
I had a dream where I was falling through the sky. Next thing I know, I see Iku Nagae floating among the clouds and smack right into her. As soon as I hit her, I woke up on the floor. (I'm pretty sure I feel asleep in my bed though) X(

FIGHT!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:08:05 AM »
I once had a dream in which Eirin either killed me or attempted to kill me. I can recall no other details.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 04:14:11 AM »
I just last night had an unusual dream involving 'A Touhou Christmas Carol' -- Alice was Scrooge, Shanghai was Tiny Tim, Shinki was the Ghost of Christmas Past, Suika the Ghost of Christmas Present, Remilia the Ghost of Christmas Future, and I think Marisa was [the ghost of] Jacob Marley. I blame listening to an IOSYS song on repeat as I slept (though the theme was not that of anyone mentioned).
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:37:38 AM »
I wish I'd have more Touhou dreams. :x

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 07:04:59 AM »
I wish I'd have more Touhou dreams. :x

Perhaps you do and you don't remember them?

If I were Koishi, I'd suggest hypnotherapy to attempt to uncover them~

But anyways, at the very least you don't have to endure consequential bizarre daydreams.

My mind keeps playing some Disney's A Christmas Carol scenes with the appropriate characters switched -- and you have no idea how unsettling it is to have a scene of Alice laughing and saying she had Marisa buried at sea going through your head incessantly . . . or scenes of Rinnosuke as Fezziwig (oh, boy, I'm FILLING IN MORE ROLES) . . .

Alice

• 英雄不怕太陽高
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »
I've dreamed about danmaku's bullets. If I remembered correctly, I ate those danmaku's bullets and die instantly.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 07:23:02 AM »
That totally should've happened to Yorihime. Or at least they should've comically exploded in her face.

Mind you, I'm in the "redeemed by the actual ending" crowd ...

Alice

• 英雄不怕太陽高
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
That totally should've happened to Yorihime. Or at least they should've comically exploded in her face.

Mind you, I'm in the "redeemed by the actual ending" crowd ...
That already proved that danmaku's bullets are not Edible.

Adun

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »
I suffer from constant nightmares of clipdeaths because that's the only thing that stands between me and an EoSD Lunatic 1cc (and any other Lunatic for that matter)

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »
... dammit. I had a dream that I'm pretty sure involved Touhou, but now all I can remember is that it also involved Yuffie from FF7. |3;

Alice

• 英雄不怕太陽高
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »
My nightmare became worse after playing IN's Extra Mode more than 200 times (I counted it). Yet, I still can't beat Mokou but still dreaming danmaku bullets flying above my head.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »
I dunno what I dreamed about, but it got the final-battle theme from CtC stuck in my head.

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 06:44:23 AM »
I don't remember clearly, but I know it had to do with the SDM.

I somehow got in the mansion (without going through the door, I just woke up in it), I had to ask Remilia help me do something or other, and I had to convince Sakuya and some old butler guy to let me see her. Old butler guy was all cool and badass and was ready to strangle me if I tried anything funny.

Then it's blank for 1-4 hours, and then I get sent back in time and have to start over or something, then I woke up.

Unrelated, but once I dreamed I had a third sister, and when I woke up and realized she didn't exist I was completely depressed :'(.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

mad

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »
I dreamed that I was part of a group that sacked a village. Marisa was bedridden after claiming 40 girls for herself.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gambit

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
I had a dream that I reunited Youmu with Youki. I really don't remember anything else about the dream, because I pretty much woke up right after the reunion.

Then on another night I had nightmare that I was fighting Youmu and no matter how many of her shots that I dodged, they would all just turn around and hit me.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 07:53:15 AM »
I dunno what I dreamed about, but it got the final-battle theme from CtC stuck in my head.

When you think about that hard enough, you start to actually begin to think about the significance of that, and things just start to get weird.

I think my brain just started debating psychology and quantum physics with itself with me running on autopilot. I can't WAIT to get a load of the dreams that gives me.

Gpop

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »
Oh god my sister had ANOTHER Touhou dream, this time also involving Death Note =/

More info on it when I return though.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 11:24:08 AM »
I was clicking some Spanish forum and since I don't know Spanish, I clicked one of the English sub forum, which lead me to a big basement.

Sagat(Street fighter) seem to beat down someone and said where's Dan(street fighter)? Ken ask me to tell Dan...

Then Dan appear and Sagat said, "Dan, Ken tell me to tell you..." before getting punch or kicked by Dan in the face.

And so the fight ensured, but the fighting become unimportant to the scene as it now zoomed to Alice who was standing behind all the crate and stuff hiding. (Yes, wtf)

Alice was like spying or just got here the wrong time, either way, many things broke from the fight and a few characters seem to appeared, but the camera is on Alice so I only see Morrigan(Darkstalkers) appear near Alice but can't seem to notice her and break the crate next to her which seem to contain one of her doll, but was acting like a doll so it won't get notice. Morrigan pull some wire out of the box and gone.

Alice become more tensed, got a screwdriver and being to build some sort of chip like device and muttered, "To build such complicated device, I better start working NOW!"

I woke up, start to think "OMG I got a touhou dream! I must remember the detail and post it here later"

Which lead me to here.......STREET FIGHTER???

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »
I don't have many dreams, but when I do, they're as weird as hell.  I had this dream last night:

I was attending a launch party at a house, hosted by the new creator of Touhou (who wasn't ZUN nor anyone of Asian persuasion, but I didn't recognize him).  Shortly after I arrive, I am rudely bumped by a small child.  For some reason, I don't let this go, and I start chasing this girl throughout the house (which I can remember it contained about a 100-step staircase).  Eventually I catch her, and she's scared, but since she won't talk to me, I decide to turn her over to the host and make her his problem instead.

Now here's where things turn from weird to crazy.  Deciding that I've had enough (apparently, apprehending small children makes me tired and/or angry), I take my leave from the party.  Now outside, I hear some angry shouts, and I now watch the house start to shudder.  A loud rumbling starts to occur, and the next thing I know, I see the host break through a window on the second floor and starts to fly away.  The house elongates and tries to ensnare him, but he's too fast and gets away.  Now, I decide to re-enter the house and search it.  I some across the girls' socks, and somehow, deduce that the girl was an avatar of the house trying to contact anyone for help.  Looking under the socks, I see a book and a data stick, both labeled Touhou 61 (yep).  Apparently, the house did not like what the new creator was doing to Touhou, and decided to finally do something about it.  I took the two items and left, and that's where the dream ends.

Anyone want to try to understand this crap?  (The Street Fighter Dream is pretty out there too :)))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:06:13 PM by LiteYear »

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 01:17:51 AM »
Obviously, it was going nuts, and the game's number was a reference to "I need scissors! Sixty-one!"

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
Anyone want to try to understand this crap?  (The Street Fighter Dream is pretty out there too :)))

I don't suppose you're Russian? There are a number of Russian tales involving (pardon my spelling) Domovyet, or house spirits.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Gpop

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
Oh god my sister had ANOTHER Touhou dream, this time also involving Death Note =/

More info on it when I return though.

Okay I'll explain this now...

She said that she dreamt that Light was still alive with Ryuk. Ryuk found Reimu, Alice, Remilia, Sakuya, etc etc all the character she knows atm, and they were all fighting each other for some reason =/.

Then Ryuk decided to write their names down. They all died.

Pretty weird dream imo. But it's my sister, who rarely ever plays Touhou.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »

bloop

• Your local cephalopod
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »
Last night I dreamed that I was reading up on stuff about PCB, and someone said that Sakuya had the biggest hitbox due to her pads.

Right after that I think my brain either switched to a different dream or just went blank.
sugeee

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »
and someone said that Sakuya had the biggest hitbox due to her pads.

Brain: CAN'T COMPUTE! Shutting down dream...
Fixed for you.

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
Nah, your brain censored the disproportionate violence Sakuya inflicted on the accuser.