Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79143 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #810 on: July 24, 2015, 05:09:05 AM »
also, the proposal scum!DNA is ridiculous from the start. You'd basically have to first justify beloved and governor on same scumteam, and that I also willingly demolished my own image and completely blew a fuse, ruining my MAF reputation as soon as d1 instead of just playing mild irritation at shalako, and me activiely bussing/harassing shalako and pursuing his lynch tomorrow, while also actively engaging the playerbase and providing the bulk of content. you can obviously question my efficiency and coherency because I will admit I post exactly my genuine train of thought as soon as I get them, but I will argue that what I am doing is needlessly and excessively harming scum more than town to justify as scum. The case on me is paranoia, which is understandable because I was scum last game. But if you question my priorities I can and I will answer them all and quell every last bit of doubt you have.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #811 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:44 AM »
The mod inexplicably prohibited me from posting all of day 2 becuase Bard had not afk'd out.

I claimed early in this day phase so I don't know what you are taking about late claiming.
I clarified my second ability (which I hinted at in my first claim and secondly when I asked Shadoweh about bombs) because Shadowehs role appeared to overlap mine.
We now have Dorian apparently counter claiming me.
If I was scum, presumably I would have a fake claim free of actual town abilities, as Shalako has.

I am legit busy.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #812 on: July 24, 2015, 05:14:56 AM »
Also, your case on me feel less about actual scumread and just a OMGUS because I am voting you

cut by sky P

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #813 on: July 24, 2015, 05:15:25 AM »
I didn't allow both hydra heads to post in the topic because I didn't want to confuse the players. Bard's absence wasn't planned for, and I didn't exactly have a huge amount of time to dedicate to Sector 2 for stuff like subbing out players I couldn't be sure of the status of, because of the fact I worked 30 hours in four days.

If you're going to let this conversation continue to boil over into the main topic, I'm going to be Very Unhappy.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2015, 05:18:15 AM »
I am again not sure why your currently claimed flavor couldn't be the fakeclaim you have? A mysterious hinted 0-shot ability that allows you to give bp vests is pretty similar to what a jailer does. Which is similar to Shalako's clone bay being essentially a fakeclaim for scum governor.

also, clone bay is the flavor provided in the flipped role pm, so I am quite sure I am not breaking rules here.

cut by nnr

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #815 on: July 24, 2015, 05:20:32 AM »
I did not vote you or case you. Your vitriol is because I, at one point said "DNA's anger seems legit" and then at a later date,'speculated if this was so.
I do not have the time nor the inclination to argue your walls of semantics and incorrect assertions about my role or what I did.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #816 on: July 24, 2015, 05:25:20 AM »
ugh I wrote a big post to skypal

and then I looked back at his previous posts to reference something

and realized a lot of the stuff I said is stuff he actually already said himself, it's just in his recent post it looked like he'd somewhat gone back on it

so then I just deleted the post

dna having a conniption and skypal having extremely limited reading/posting time kinda exacerbates the problem
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #817 on: July 24, 2015, 05:26:46 AM »
##Unvote ##Vote Dorian

I am going to bed.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #818 on: July 24, 2015, 05:27:31 AM »
I am not exactly sure how hypocritical it is for you to assert my arguments as assertions themselves, but if that's your stance, whatever, let the votes decide themselves, I am done with being an asshole and probing busy people.

cut by 2

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2015, 05:31:33 AM »
scumteam is probably dan/dorian. I don't care much about specifics anymore although I guess my mood will be different when it's not 1:30am. Even if it's wrong we just lynch the other. If conq miraculously is scum lol something amazing would have to happen for me to end up lynching that so gg if you are yo, otherwise that means scum is in those three

btw scum hf with figuring out wtf you're doing tonight

you probably have your eggs planned out in your basket and aren't actually super concerned though so w/e

would like to note for the future that replacing in an almost nonexistant slot on d3 at one mislynch left (barring a protect success or something else), with someone who barely has enough ability to participate in the game, isn't a good idea though (I know modkilling is painful so I'm not actually blaming you, but this is just awkward for everyone)

right, sleep

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #820 on: July 24, 2015, 05:33:12 AM »
serela, I don't like doing this too, I personally also understand how bad it is to be busy, but since Sky P is directly OMGUSing me I do have the responsibility to respond to him, I am not enjoying this one bit

Cut by no truer words have ever been spoken

Yeah, I plain honestly wish the slot had been modkilled

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #821 on: July 24, 2015, 05:44:19 AM »
Jesus Christ what a mess

Okay Sky my problem with you at this stage, aside from the claim shenanigans which we'll put aside for now, is that your catchup posts don't have any relation to your actual vote. I had a similar problem with Shalako and it's just an inherent problem with how catchup posts works. You spend a lot of time picking at me and DNA but in the end decide to chase after Dorian. Although I do appreciate the Dorian vote the disconnect between the vote and what you actually talked about in your posts makes me feel like you were slinging mud. And also stuff like "I don't think Dan is town" but I don't think anything in your catchup shows that. Also, who is your pick for scum with Dorian?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #822 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:19 AM »
@Sky Since I don't want to fill up the thread with pointless walls, I'll just pick out certain things that bothered me

" I'm suspiciois of DNA reversing his town read because I questioned his day 1 activity."
I don't think DNA has had a town read on you all day so why are you saying this?

"This chain of Conq->Shadoweh->Dan->Dorian all supposedly town clearing each other seem bad. Couple with Oqtchy being the only actual verified town, I smell a rat. "
I'm not sure what this means at all especially since there is no Shadoweh->Dan chain. Is someone supposed to be scummy for it, and how is "I think x is town" a town clear on the same level as "x is a cop-confirmed rebel?"

"I'm dubious of Conq's claim because 1 shot cop seems pretty weak given the current flips and claims on the table.  "
I'm not actually sure how you could come up with this conclusion given the claims on the table. So why do you think this?

Stuff like this makes me feel like you're just making stuff up on the go.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #823 on: July 24, 2015, 06:16:50 AM »
Incidentally I agree with this statement of Sky's although it's a bit inaccurate

"And in wary if Dorian because his day 2 was not stellar and his vote on me was because I have a different opinion than Bard.  "

Dorian's vote on you was PoE after the Shadoweh avenue got shut down.  But I do agree that the "distancing from your own slot" doesn't mean anything and I find it strange that he brings that up and talks about bard's actions in your slot when in my opinion there's plenty to complain about in your play today!

@Dorian, who is your pick for scum with Sky? Also, explain why you used your role in the order you did and if you have a result to claim from last night? Because this:
The third is not your business now but I may or may not come to it tomorrow.
Seems to imply that you would have used something last night and reported the results if relevant.

Conqueror

« Reply #824 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:50 AM »
Serela, your posts are confusing me because you keep switching your opinions every other post and saying stuff like "QT shenanigans make Dorian and Dan less likely to be scum together." It's either null if you believe the QT actually exists or more likely to be scum together if you believe the QT is a lie. Also going "ROLES MAKE SKY SCUM" and then just giving up and going for dan/dorian. I understand the sentiment because this game is frustrating but please.

I have no idea why the latest votecount had Dan as the second biggest wagon when Dan's only sensible option for a scum partner is Dorian (discounting moonbeam theories) in which case you'd lynch Dorian first.

I think I still see Sky/Dorian as the most sensible option. I guess Dorian/Dan technically works but I get more aneurysms reading Sky's posts than Dan's posts. I really wish people like Shadoweh and Pattorikku would talk more though because as the closest things we have to confirmed town it would be nice to hear something so the rest of us don't just keep talking in circles.

I'm going to have limited access (not sure, I'll find out when I get there) after tonight so, yeah. 

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #825 on: July 24, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
Posting by mobile, and battery's almost dead. I'll post in about an hour to give my two cents. For now, I'll just state that my stance hasn't changed on scum!Dorian, but scum!Sky has been looking like a strong possibility as well. Not sure if I want to say either flip would dismiss the other case.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #826 on: July 24, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »
I'm honestly going to just end up sheeping Conqueror and DNA on the case of Sky, because all things considered, I've felt the same way about Sky's catchup posts for a while now. There's a tonne of speculation and pointing out some potentially strong arguments if they were fleshed out, yet some of them don't even relate to the vote that he's making, and just end up being stray thoughts in the mix. Also, trying to claim scum!Conq and/or scum!Shadoweh at the point Sky did is seriously scummy in my book. I've had a hard townread on Conq since N2 began, and Shadoweh's uncontested BP bodyguard claim had me auto-towning, even with some less than remarkable content. (I shouldn't talk about "less than remarkable" right now, though; my case on Dan/Dorian involved some tinfoil-hat-level nonsense) This is especially jarring with Conq claiming cop and townclearing Shadoweh. I can see the issue with one-shot cop, but my understanding of the meta around here isn't that strong as of yet, so I can't make a clear argument against that. I also want to hear about how you came to the conclusion that a one-shot cop didn't make sense with the current claims and flips.

Being busy is understandable, and I honestly don't blame you for that, but there are a lot of issues I have with the arguments and points you present, primarily because a lot of them don't go anywhere. While I still want to push the Dorian lynch due to less-than-stellar posts and the Shadoweh argument - which I don't feel my questions on the matter were properly addressed, but I'll reread for Dorian in a sec - I can't say I'm against lynching Sky. Even if the lackluster posts are more due to RL priorities than scumminess, we can manage with one mislynch, and the information town gains from the flip will be beneficial for catching scum from then onward.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #827 on: July 24, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »
Honestly, beyond a bit more of a townread on Serela, I think the rest of my thoughts have stayed the same since my 754 post. I know lurking isn't a viable reason to consider Dorian scummy, but I don't think he's personally addressed any of my cases on him, for one reason or another. The sillier one I understand, but I believe I asked some questions when I first voted Dorian, as well as some points I wanted addressed after the jailer ability claim.

In fact, how about I ask about that now. Was it purely due to a massclaim that you felt jailer would come up during this phase? If not, what exactly made you feel as if the jailer claim would have been of any relevance today? Did you think the claim would clear you at all?

I know some of these questions may seem like no-brainers to you, but I'd still like an answer regardless. At least give me a reason to believe you're not deliberately avoiding my cases, because that's just giving me a harder scumread on you.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #828 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »
I think I still see Sky/Dorian as the most sensible option. I guess Dorian/Dan technically works but I get more aneurysms reading Sky's posts than Dan's posts. I really wish people like Shadoweh and Pattorikku would talk more though because as the closest things we have to confirmed town it would be nice to hear something so the rest of us don't just keep talking in circles.
I had a big post about how I thought Dorian was scum over Sky, but then I found out about the counter-claim so I've had to think about it.
Getting aneurisms reading Sky's posts is just a Sky tell. But though I'm paranoid as always of making a mistake, the more he posts the more town I believe he is. I'm not sure where our assumptions are going wrong but taking out Dorian seems like a good step forward to me. If he's not scum I'd be pointing my finger at Serela next.

Honestly, it'd be a bit weird for scum to counterclaim a townie at all though.

I don't think Dan is scum because his entrance into Day 2 was driving a minibus over Shalako and that was like, the only thing he did that day. His scum game imo has upped but my claim wasn't impossible to attack. It didn't make my posts bulletproof. ;)

Neko, please stop posting until the game is over before you do mod-confirm something.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #829 on: July 24, 2015, 10:50:13 AM »
Patrorikku, that's actually a very good point you've asked about the timing of their claims. In fact, I will take it a step further and basically question why they attempted to deviate and ignore from our generally agreed upon consensus of who's town and who's lynchable without substantiating beyond very primitive reasoning which id not suited for this stage of game.

I also had a gut feeling that Dorian and Sky aren't posting to progress our lynch, but to deliberately disrupting our discussion, but was having problems putting that to words, thanks for reminding me about that dubious motivation.

Cut by 1

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #830 on: July 24, 2015, 10:54:44 AM »
I am also not certain if flipping one of Sky p/Dorian being scum means the other is town. For all we know either of them was getting lynched at the end of the day, and it can be a desperation tatic to hard bus eachother and earn some much needed towncred to carry them to endgame.

I haven't forgotten about Dan, but he's upkeeping his trend to keep awfully little material on the thread available for analysis when it matters, I basically find how he seems to only let us a glimpse into his general stance and then opting to not let us follow his train of thought pretty damn scummy, but that should come after lynching Dorian and skypal

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #831 on: July 24, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
I HAVE AWAKENED
Serela, your posts are confusing me because you keep switching your opinions every other post and saying stuff like "QT shenanigans make Dorian and Dan less likely to be scum together." It's either null if you believe the QT actually exists or more likely to be scum together if you believe the QT is a lie. Also going "ROLES MAKE SKY SCUM" and then just giving up and going for dan/dorian. I understand the sentiment because this game is frustrating but please.
I don't switch my opinions -that- much. >_> And for the most part they've been pretty consistent or had logic following the changes in opinion. This is like, literally the first weird one? Anyway it was 1:30am and no one makes good decisions at 1:30am. THE BODY WAS AWAKE BUT THE MIND WAS WEAK

Anyway tho the other part is that I seriously can only care so much when we have the mislynch necessary to lynch all 3 and every time I think, I come to the conclusion that no one else could fucking possibly be scum except maybe Conq and that conq!scum seems highly unlikely. It's like, whatever, why am I even bothering, let's just kill them already. Unfortunately for everyone else I'm also in the pool so it's not as clean and dry.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #832 on: July 24, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »
I thought about it a little more and came to the conclusion that everything so solidly poe'ing down to those three and then everything just kinda sitting here is making me just overthink the interactions between them. It's like a nice glass of water that you're forced to slowly take sips of over several days but you're not allowed to actually drink (lynch) it and even worse, it doesn't do anything, there's no stirring (no interesting developments or new information to consider, roleshens not counting) so it just sits still and grows algae and other gross stuff in it. :T

Dan/Dorian haven't really done much all day (Dorian's shadoweh stuff doesn't count well because shadoweh is town town town and past that, not much) and SkyPal is, well, we went over that.

z.z

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #833 on: July 24, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
^

thread won

Everyone abort

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #834 on: July 24, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
I see no further analysis required until sky's flip.

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #835 on: July 24, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »
##Vote Sky P

L-1

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #836 on: July 24, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
##Unvote

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #837 on: July 24, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
Eh, this sentiment may be shared by us, b7t I want to also hear others if they agree or not first, since conq did throw a bunch of questions and Dorian is still missing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #838 on: July 24, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
Yes, I think we're pretty much done but it's still best to wait for people to weigh in, especially those two.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #839 on: July 24, 2015, 06:26:00 PM »
Time to answer questions and since I saw that the mostly go into the same direction will I try to answer them at once. Just point out when I missed something.

First why did I kept Jailer till now and didn't used it night 1?
I guess you will agree with me that the combination of  protection and role block makes it a bit tricky. I mean what would have happened if I used it to ?protect? Conq with it? And lets put aside SBs redirection. One shoot cop down the derail, I guess you get the idea.
So I just used the two shoots that could provide information first to be able to make a educated decision on how to use the jailer.

Now to Conqs quote that is also related to Patorikkus question, so let me add some context.

The third is not your business now but I may or may not come to (tell you about) it tomorrow (and ask you what to do with it).
I basically blurt the night talk thing out without thinking too deep about it, just as I did with the redirection. But as I saw the mass claim idea did I thought, I might as well use this to get suggestion for the use of the Jailer shoot. And I didn't full claimed at the point cause wasn't sure if I would actually go with the idea, which slipped my mind at the start of the day cause I had bigger problems to worry about.
So no, I don't have a result to share cause the night talk counted as my N2 night action.
And no, I did expected my claim to clear me and I have no idea how that would work or why think that to benign with?

Finally, I currently consider a Sky/Serela team, reversing my weakest town read based on interaction. Good there is the question if Shalako would really mix up his buddy with a townny? But I also wonder why his buddis haven't done anything about Shalako running head first into DNA walls? Why risking to out a trump card like governor right away? I don't get it.

PS: Did DNA just leave one of his suspected open to be hammered by the other?
OK, not anymore but honestly why is this game such a mind fuck? 0_0
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.