Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79120 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #780 on: July 24, 2015, 02:11:33 AM »
Are modvote and drone attac( the same th8ng
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #781 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:25 AM »
oh somehow I...
where even is that post *clicks* oh
okay I'll have to concede that one, I legitimately thought you had pulled that knowledge from the ether because I had just read through all of shadoweh's posts
To be fair what I meant by that post is that if I save someone by bodyguarding them, I lose my BP because it counts as me being shot in their place. It's stronger then a one-shot doctor but weaker then a full doctor, other then my self-protection.

Why does Sky have a vmodvote?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #782 on: July 24, 2015, 02:16:16 AM »
SkyPaladin has a modvote because he went around claiming some of his role flavor.

Also woo, Shadoweh is awesome and scum have to worry about what their night actions are after all.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #783 on: July 24, 2015, 02:23:51 AM »
SUDDEN URGE TO RANDOMLY HAMMER SKYPALADIN HNNNNGGGG

that'd be retarded though because if he flipped town I'd be turbolynched and we'd lose so yeah no I'll be a responsible person :C

No because a jack of all trades with a shot of jailkeeper and 2 other sorta shitty stuff is a cc to an odd-night jailkeeper/(no one knows)

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #784 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:28 AM »
I guess I'd like to ask Dorian why he didn't use the jailkeeper shot N1

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #785 on: July 24, 2015, 02:28:02 AM »
No because a jack of all trades with a shot of jailkeeper and 2 other sorta shitty stuff is a cc to an odd-night jailkeeper/(no one knows)
No one knows? He claims he hands out BP vests.

Also, yeah, I think considering SB and Shadoweh exist that SkyPal's role sounds like it reallllly is just scum jailer/roleblocker. :T Honestly it -is- really tempting to hammer him.

It's really tempting.

Hnnnng I love quickhammers

I'm trying not to
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #786 on: July 24, 2015, 02:28:13 AM »
somebody unvote and stop me

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #787 on: July 24, 2015, 02:31:00 AM »
Did Dorian tell you he was a one-shot Jailkeeper before or after Sky's claim?
I honestly think Sky's actions today are town. I'm more suspicious of Dorian's vote behaviour yesterday, re me and trying to vote me or Serela and avoiding Shalako's wagon.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #788 on: July 24, 2015, 02:33:46 AM »
After, Shadoweh.

I think Sky's behavior is good but his role is incredibly suspicious and Conq is like the only person other than those three who isn't conftown but it'd take one hell of an event to make me even consider wanting to lynch him. So... :T

Dorian is weird yes. But apart from the weirdness lately (and it's understandable from town weirdness) I have the least reasons to want to vote him. Him and Dan both wanted to murder the hell out of Bard I suppose. I don't remember if shalako did but it doesn' tmatter too much

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #789 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:02 AM »
honestly at this point I wouldn't care if we just lynched down the list of those three but that'd be kind of lame so I'm doing my best to keep fully playing mafia through it

ActionDan

« Reply #790 on: July 24, 2015, 02:39:07 AM »
Did Dorian tell you he was a one-shot Jailkeeper before or after Sky's claim?
I honestly think Sky's actions today are town. I'm more suspicious of Dorian's vote behaviour yesterday, re me and trying to vote me or Serela and avoiding Shalako's wagon.

its in the thread, and neither of us claimed in the qt (which is inactive now btw)

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #791 on: July 24, 2015, 02:44:17 AM »
Please don't hammer until I've had the chance to catch up. From what I see tho sky changed his claim and he is no logger a jailer but a bp vest maker whem no charger exists?

Also dorian I seem to recall you saying that you wwould see if your action would do anything on n2, does that mean you used the jailer and Iif so why didn't you claim the result?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #792 on: July 24, 2015, 02:45:55 AM »
Never mind just saw that dorian said may or may not, hmm.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #793 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46:03 AM »
Because sky claimed a contradictory role and Dorian is likely scum with him

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #794 on: July 24, 2015, 02:47:42 AM »
Sky is still also a odd-night jailer, conq. It's in addition.

Conqueror

« Reply #795 on: July 24, 2015, 02:48:19 AM »
Also sky still voting dan makes no sense when a quick skim shows that his initial complaint re:dan was dropped

Conqueror

« Reply #796 on: July 24, 2015, 02:49:33 AM »
Ah okay. I feel like he would have claimed that in the original claim thoguh? Then again I'm not sure what the motive is for scum to modify the claim on the spot. But who knows.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #797 on: July 24, 2015, 02:50:20 AM »
He claimed having a zero-shot mystery ability in the original claim. Although your point could still stand. But yeah, who knows.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #798 on: July 24, 2015, 03:07:50 AM »
I'm willing to hammer for Sky on the basis of information collection, particularly since he's my next scumread. Not to mention as a kind of mercy for Sky; he didn't expect to have to outright replace Bard, (hope he's okay :ohdear: ) and he's been dealing with stuff IRL that's making his participation suffer. If we have a consensus that it's a wiser lynch than Dorian right now, then just give me the word and I'll hammer.

Cut by 15, too much smashing and posting simultaneously.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #799 on: July 24, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »
Are modvote and drone attac( the same th8ng
No
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #800 on: July 24, 2015, 03:56:00 AM »
##Unvote
No hammer before I'm home again. 0_0;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #801 on: July 24, 2015, 04:01:46 AM »
I'm at lunch so :/
Well I dont have anything to add in this short time frame.  I'm suspiciois of DNA reversing his town read because I questioned his day 1 activity. And in wary if Dorian because his day 2 was not stellar and his vote on me was because I have a different opinion than Bard. 
I did vote Dan and I expected to update this vote but it was 1 am and I was asleep.
##untarget
I maintian the claiming an ability is not flavor claiming and the mod vote is inherently harmful to the game. But we can discuss that afterwards. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #802 on: July 24, 2015, 04:06:37 AM »
I feel that the timing of Dorians claim and his vote reasoning is quite weak. Coupled with his poor day 2. 
##vote Dorian
I don't specifically recall anything that I would pull out to mark but I'm too busy right now. If I'm still alive in my next post window ill case and revote if necessary. 

I don't think Dan is town but I'm also less willing for his lynch right now.  This chain of Conq->Shadoweh->Dan->Dorian all supposedly town clearing each other seem bad. Couple with Oqtchy being the only actual verified town, I smell a rat.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #803 on: July 24, 2015, 04:47:04 AM »
Let's put you out of your misery, okay?

First point, Sky P's claim. He initially claimed to have targetted Raitaki, then changed his role to a 0 shot bp vest giver, then failed to address doubts regarding his weird change of claims. Also, he failed to address how that there are far too many multiples of the same type of claimed role that was brought up. I find all these failures to address the most pressing issues not due to mere business, but that he's deliberately avoiding to confront them, proof; sky p still has time to reread Day 2 and point a FoS at me, then Dorian, then pretty much everyone.

Second, his votes, Sky P is unrealistically and unecessarily trying to expand the pool of lynch candidates for town, which is harmful instead of helpful. Counterintuitively, scum will not and can not pull off a chain of confirms that goes coherent with towns claims, and across a relatively long period of time at that. His point at Dorian, then Dan seems to be a desperation move, Sky P probably is also aware hes getting lynched today, and in order to screw up our further behavioral analysis, has opted to mess up our interactions by basically 'suspecting' everyone else. Its a cute reverse psychology tatic, but I honestly doubt if town will fall to this old trick.

Finally, the interactions with Sky. Sky is unique in the sense hes not just a sub dumped into the game without a clue of its happenings. Hes originally a hydra, with the added privilege of being able to discuss with bard. They should both have a relatively great grasp and Sky should be able to account for Bard's dogging of Serela and try his best to fill in his thoughts when Bard was subsequently absent. Some of Sky's arguments also don't add up, examples are how he would go 
We discussed DNA - I differentiates his activity from this game and last game (where he was scum) because he is not tunneling or engaging in made up drivel - his frustration with Shalako over the whole policy lynch fiasco seemed legit. So that looked like town DNA to me.
I cant been mistaken on this, you stated this specifically you find my D1 town, you also distributed in the same post some other clears and FoS at people too, yet you still opted to completely backtrack on your read of the same thing, directly contradicting your earlier clear without referring to any additional content. Sky P also did the same for alot of other things too, but I don't want to make this drag as you can read and compare his early and late posts for yourself. Point is, this doesn't come off as town gradually changing perspectives due to the surfacing of new information, but is forced, sudden, and desperate. I understand that Sky P is busy, but busy doesn't justify focusing on all the unimportant fluff and avoiding to address any glaring issues in his play. My inference is that he's using 'busy' as an excuse to keep throwing things out and disorient us and mess up our analysis.

I admire your sense of duty for holding this out for Bard, but this is over, and today it will be you, tomorrow, Dorian.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #804 on: July 24, 2015, 04:48:13 AM »
I also almost was going to drop the vote, and then I remembered hes at L-1, whew.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #805 on: July 24, 2015, 05:01:31 AM »
well he isn't l-1 anymore, he's l-2 now

also he didn't change his claim, he claimed odd-night jailer with a second additional 0-shot ability, which he didn't claim until later

whilst I originally thought your attack on his play was goofy considering a lack of having caught up, based on his recent posts I think he's more or less done that by now? but his stuff didn't really clear up. Now, I think some of the accusations hold a little more water.

I have some things I could say to dan but I'd rather let Dorian post first, and... with all these QT shenanigans that have been talked about, I'm less inclined to believe Dorian/Dan are both scumbuddies together. That further pins SkyPal as a scum from PoE. :T Not a very solid reason, though, but given the stuff that keeps popping up, well. Then again, I guess Dan did try to push it as a town clear on Dorian? Well, that'd make sense either way, either to buddy up with town!Dorian or him being town!Dan and meaning it legitimately.

I'm just talking myself into a circle here, I should go to sleep.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #806 on: July 24, 2015, 05:01:53 AM »
I did not change my role. I am an odd night jailer. I can also hand out vests if I get charged, as evidenced by the mod publicly confirming my role by punishing me for partly claiming it.

You just keep tunneling me because I think you could be scum. I am not voting you. You always do this so it's not alignment indicative.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #807 on: July 24, 2015, 05:03:55 AM »
Then that's even more ridiculous from a game balance perspective, unless Sky P is subtly claiming scum and has useless dud abilities such as Shalako's clone bay (refer to his flip). But regardless, it doesn't change his claim is likely ballocks, given his claim timing.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #808 on: July 24, 2015, 05:06:31 AM »
Sky P, if my memory serves me correct, you subbed in for bard during N2, when Raitaki still hasn't died. You ought to have claimed the odd night jailer if you were aiming to help, and you were also against the massclaim. What do you have to hide if you were not afraid of the possibility of getting cc'd?

Also, using IRL business as a shield is a lame and unsportsmanlike tatic, if you are busy, quit, don't half heartedly use it as an excuse for your haphazard play.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #809 on: July 24, 2015, 05:07:18 AM »
The moderator punishment should not be taken as a confirmation of any roles.

Real or not, claims are not to have any flavor attached to them that isn't already made public by the moderator, as explicitly stated in the rules.

-Role flavor claiming and speculation is absolutely banned, on the basis that there are no flavor-fakeclaims (not enough content in the game for it) and it's inherently obvious who belongs in what faction with flavor outed (at least assuming you've played FTL). Flavor is for the purposes of flips and game flavor ONLY.
--Role information without the flavor is provided in a tl;dr at the end of each role PM. If you want to claim your role, refer to this, and this only. Fakeclaims should not hint at any flavor either (ask me if you're not sure)

Remember that trying to outsmart the moderator is both unlikely to work and possibly planned for in advance.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia