Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79128 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #720 on: July 23, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »
Would follow Conq like we are masons with protective clown hugs keeping us safe for eternity. :*

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #721 on: July 23, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
Also, am doing some rereading on D1 and am surprised at how much insight that offered.

Firstly, my impression on Dorian has been hugely improved after ISOing his posts, most notably around the early pages, I am referring to page 5 and page 10 here, the former showcasts where both conq and Dorian disagreed with the early DNA wagon as opposed to jumping on it because its a easy lynch.

The latter on page 10 involves Dorian confronting Shalako in an exchange I don't feel staged, its a pretty powerful tell given we know Shalako flipped scum. And Dorian still was guiding town throughout the game and has sound response despite our disagreement. I think I will reconsider my vote.

##Unvote

Secondly, about the Sky Pal/Bardiche slot, I still scumread him, but I want to note the last thing Bard did until he vanished was actively pushing for Serelas disconnect in posting behavior and drop in post quality. Which seems to me if Sky pal flips scum, Serela is likely town since I don't see bard taking that kind of active bussing on D1.

Finally, I need to make possibly the most controversial point, Dan is very likely scum. Although I will admit his insights offered are often fresh and seem to be backed by a legitimate train of thought. Most often they tend to be narrow in that they focus only on a single aspect (Dorian is defos town, xxx is defos town, by elimination Serela/DNA logically must be scum without considering our arguments might as well be equally convincing or valid), thusly making Dans argument often seem to be misguided towny and ultimately fails to progress or reveal his own priorities in the bigger picture. Also, upon rereading I realized Dormio himself was pretty much holding his hand from drawing attention and instead spouted alot of useless conspiracy fluff even in early game. And this is a meta call for scum!dormio. The fact that Dan basically avoided drawing attention to his own lack of roleclaim is just the icing on the cake.

Tldr reading page 5 and 10, and early d2 and you will find Dorian townier than I initially thought, bard and Serela won't be on same scumteam unless they crazy bussed eachother, Dan is likely last scum based upon rereading, meta call and simple elimination

##Vote : Sky P

Cut by 2
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #722 on: July 23, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
Okay guys, I want to reconsider the Dorian vote, please read above post for details

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #723 on: July 23, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »
That sounds absolutely terrifying, mimes pls go

Also NNR fix your vote counts

Cut by 2

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #724 on: July 23, 2015, 11:02:34 AM »
Just looked at the page 10 exchange
It's pretty null for me, very conversational stuff that can easily come from scum/town or scum/scum. Elaborate on why it's so convincing for you?

Will look at page 5 shortly

Dan can't be scum with SkyBard because this kind of suicidal bussing just isn't what he does, unless he's upped his scum game.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #725 on: July 23, 2015, 11:08:36 AM »
Okay looked at page 5 as well. Tbh the DNA wagon at that point was bullshit, and dorians justificaton was that scum you wouldnt bring attention to yourself,  which j feel isnt actusllt true since woyldnt you still get in an angry wall argument as scum if you got riled up?. And as we saw from Shalako pushing strongly against a Murrin wagon on d1 (? I think, need to check)  scum can easily whitr knight. Not really seeing what you're seeing here.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #726 on: July 23, 2015, 11:45:45 AM »
the page 10 argument is convincing for me because I essentially see Shalako as not a scum capable of ferociously bussing his mates. He flipped out under pressure, he made obvious tunneling obvious and empty wallposts empty at first glance. I don't think he will sport a convuluted enough strat to respone point by point to Dorian and risk drawing attention to his buddies.

It didn't really come across retrospectively as obvious to me that scum will whiteknight to try and save my skin though. But its true that at that point of time in their perspective, scum would basically see me as the ol' pissed off towny perfect for a late mislynch, so I guess I just tunnel vision' d hard here. Which was kind of due to me typing up the post as I read page by page and picking cherries myself, and also paranoia. Less certain about Dorian, am willing to lynch again

And to note, Dorian fell off from the face of the planet from D2 onwards, and my other posts are still valid, and reading those really helped me to confirm my doubts, thanks conq.

Admittedly, reading ed2 is just giving me a bloody headache, mostly due to Shalako mudslinging everywhere. Also, since Dorian is concerned, I will note that he opted to vote bard for a lurker lynch instead of shalako before popping away, shalako did the same thing too. Therefore either all of them are scums doing hardcore bussing which I think is unlikely, or actually looking for a lurker mislynch, or mere coincidence if Dorian flips town. Its convuluted, yes, but that's because the retarded governor allowing scum the option of more daring plays as usual that I cant really apply my usual behavior analysis. Perhaps someone can offer better insights.

I also retreaded upon the Dan percentage argument, and would also like to add that to the number of 'tunnel vision arguments that don't really make sense'

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #727 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote Dorian

Putting it back

Also, I don't feel like gambitting on Serelas role. Shadoweh will not die because bp, him being roleblocked ultimately doesn't result in more deaths for town. A towny will die regardless, and if Serela is town Id reckon scum is smart enough to rb him anyway.
Not getting information now is more damaging to our deciSion making.

Therefore, I want Dan and Serela to both claim right now so that I can have more information to analyze. I am hitting a dead end with interactions alone and you two playing coy withholding your abilities aren't helping.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #728 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:52 AM »
I am taking a nap, later

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #729 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »
The governor is really making each behavioral analysis a wifom itself, which is bloody difficult because my prime suspects have a huge gap of inactivity between each post and its hard to grasp at a consistent pattern.

Also waiting for more Dorian and Sky p postd

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #730 on: July 23, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »
Not getting information now is more damaging to our deciSion making.
really isn't imo, my role does not make anyone else's claims more or less likely to be true, the only relevance is to whether or not it makes you think I'm town and considering that people are more eager to vote the people I think are scum than myself, I'm really not worried about that aspect right now!

Shadoweh will not die because bp, him being roleblocked ultimately doesn't result in more deaths for town. A towny will die regardless, and if Serela is town Id reckon scum is smart enough to rb him anyway.
...I don't understand what you're saying :S Shadoweh isn't just BP, shadoweh is a BP -BODYGUARD-, Shadoweh is basically the doctor. If scum don't roleblock Shadoweh it's possible for any kill they make to be prevented. If they want to deal with both of our roles at once they'd have to either have a strongman kill for Shads or RB Shadoweh and kill me which means they killed someone that is actually a very possible mislynch later in the game, which would be worth all these shenanigans.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #731 on: July 23, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »
ditto that we're basically waiting on dorian/skypal (dorian needs to figure out his vote now that shadoweh vote was invalidated, also claims, and skypal obviously is still catching up to current gamestate), and then dan's claim.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #732 on: July 23, 2015, 01:13:29 PM »
I'm going to ask that Serela claim first only because it's eerily similar to how I'd describe my own role.  Which is protective, but is neutered upon claiming

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #733 on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
also, since someone brought it up, I'll just make it 100% clear; no, my role is not a charger or anything even remotely close

Cut by Dan. My role is also not even remotely protective. Is that enough description for you? D;

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #734 on: July 23, 2015, 01:17:41 PM »
Ok then.  In any case mine has the potential to stop a kill, if remained unclaimed, and at 8 people alive I'd like to hold off on it

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #735 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:42 PM »
I suppose I'm somewhat okay with that.

But that brings us to having three doctor-type roles.

And no chargers to mesh with SkyPal? The thing is, why would he fakeclaim a 0-shot ability that suggests a charger when he knows there almost certainly isn't one in the game? Because WiFoM and because he knows the jailer claims is suspicious next to Shadoweh? Hrm.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #736 on: July 23, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Ah I am so dumb.
@Shadoweh does your role and ability list include "bomb" in the non traditional sense? You might be my missing part.
I would like to quote this just in case there's any townies who can relate, Shadoweh or not. Skimming flipped rolepms... nope.

It's possible he just threw it in because of reasons stated in previous post and "well I have a scum ability I can't use right now so it's like that" and it inspired him to do that shenanigan, I worded that in a meh way but you should be able to get the jist of what I meant to communicate here

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #737 on: July 23, 2015, 02:10:27 PM »
all these irresponsible bluffing about if going unclaimed will 'potentially' save town is honestly making me pretty damn angry, you wont necessarily get the right target to save even if you have protection, neither will you ensure yourself to not be roleblocked.

Factor in also scum may be bullshitting among you lynchables, if being roleblocked is the case you are so damn worried about I will point out scum has only one roleblocker, and imo that's probably sky p. Even if we dont lynch him he can't roleblock you both if you both are town, and if one between Serela or Dan could be scum, scum knows exactly who to roleblock. Not claiming ultimately hurts town more than scum. But that may be actually your agenda if both of your are scum and is gambitting on we giving you a free pass while baiting the sky p lynch.

Also, Shadoweh claimed bp doc, with his bp failing if he uses his action to cover someone else, hence me saying it doesn't make a difference regardless whether he gets rb'd because town loses a townie regardless. Please oh please remember this is two Lynches to scum win, I am not sure how exactly misguided you could be if you are town, but withholding your claim and preventing others participation is counterproductive and a bloody scummy agenda I will lynch the hell out of.

I am narrowing my eyes very hard at them here.

Claim list;
Shadoweh-bp bodyguard
Serela-not protection/neutered upon claim
Dan-protection/neutered upon claim
-----pretty much confirmed------
Zakeri-universal backup
Sb- Redirector
Raitaki-tracker
sky p-jailer (probably scum)
Shalako-scum governor
patrorikku-1 shot vig
Dorian- day joat
DNA- beloved with transferable hate
Conq-1 shot cop

Confirmed claims are obviously not exactly indicative of alignment, such as Dorian's or Sky's. Also, I am putting Shadoweh with Dan together at unconf because I refuse to believe in the sense of game balance town will have 2 invest, 2 protection, 1 vig and 1 backup. That's too excessive. But I am giving Shadoweh the benefit of doubt here between Dan and Shadoweh for her early claim.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #738 on: July 23, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »
There's way too many people I want to lynch, but this role shenanigans is making the Dorian lynch dropping a few levels in priority. at this point flipping any one of Shadoweh, Dan, Serela, sky p will provide more information than I could possibly hope for, what are other people's thoughts.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #739 on: July 23, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
Among them, I personally will prefer least to lynch Shadoweh, and most wanted to lynch is Sky P due to scumminess and dubious roleclaim. Dorian is around the same level of scuminess as sky, and his flip also has a decent chance of being blue given his interactions, and that's about it, actually. I am starting to have problems deciding who has more scummy interactions between Dan and Serela, due to them bloating their roles and deliberately withholding info, I swear if they are both scums though

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #740 on: July 23, 2015, 02:26:26 PM »
Dna you do remember Conq claimed an innocent on Shadoweh right? Conq might not be confirmed town but my mind would be BLOWN if they were the scumteam together.

with his bp failing if he uses his action to cover someone else
Wait what I don't remember this, am I just terrible ;_;

Anyway the only reason we're talking about my claim so much is because you just won't drop it. I don't care if it makes you mad, I'm not telling you and it wouldn't help town in the least if I did apart from deciding whether to lynch me or not. Get over it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #741 on: July 23, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »
(and on the matter of conq's innocent, considering the cop is only one-shot, and scum gov, the scum having godfather powers is highly unlikely)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #742 on: July 23, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »
Yeah, can confirm DNA is spouting goofiness. Shadoweh never claimed her BP goes away if she uses her bodyguard power, I just read every post after her claim. Obviously if she takes a hit she would, but that would result in no one dying. Shadoweh is still a very problematic thing for the scumteam that would be a high priority for them to roleblock.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #743 on: July 23, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
At this rate I want to test DNA's beloved claim to make sure he didn't accidentally reveal something about Shadoweh's role he'd only know because of a scum rolecop.

Shadoweh I know it's naughty to ask if that's actually true about your role for obvious reasons, but if your role actually has that modifier on it, that's a very unsettling thing for DNA to know with you having never said it. And would mean scum probably already know because of rolecopping you I guess?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #744 on: July 23, 2015, 02:38:50 PM »
BP Bodyguard. The difference being if I save someone I can be immediately shot.

Hey Neko, is it against the rules if we try to guess someone else's flavor? I'm pretty sure Shalako is not telling the truth.

what the divine fuck serela, and this isn't even the first time i talked about this

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
conq/shadoweh scumteam is only bloody possible if they are a package deal, entertaining that nonsense is stupid

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #746 on: July 23, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »
Serela, have you even been bloody reading the thread.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #747 on: July 23, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
I will entertain the notion some scums could bring up the idea about governor but not pursuing it. (Such as shaodweh, but his uncountered doctor claim with a unique clause sets him firmly in town territory), but I won't accept you trying to pass off the night panic as wifom.

Cut by 2

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #748 on: July 23, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
oh somehow I...

where even is that post *clicks* oh

okay I'll have to concede that one, I legitimately thought you had pulled that knowledge from the ether because I had just read through all of shadoweh's posts

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #749 on: July 23, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »
conq/shadoweh scumteam is only bloody possible if they are a package deal, entertaining that nonsense is stupid
Dude you're the one talking repeatedly about lynching shadoweh. :T Saying that entertaining the idea is ridiculous is what -I'm- doing to -you-.