Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79123 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #690 on: July 22, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »
And I had a town read on him for D1, and the qt did not dissuade me from that read

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #691 on: July 22, 2015, 11:23:55 PM »
Please substantiate this supposed day 1 town read.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #692 on: July 22, 2015, 11:48:00 PM »
He's progression of thoughts suspicions and scum hunting have been coming from a clearly town place.  From scum hunting murrin to questioning shalako to suspecting SB and finally bard he's been asking the right questions and mirroring my own thoughts most of the time and been fluent in doing so

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #693 on: July 22, 2015, 11:57:26 PM »
Also, Dan, who else do you think is scum besides SkyBard?

Well naturally it would come down to DNA or serela. I'm not ready to make that choice yet.  They've looked town at various points in the game.  There have also been times when my reaction to their posts has been to facepalm.

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2015, 01:00:02 AM »
Ok finished re reading day 1.
Main things: DNA 174 really gives me the willies. He talks about an obsession with winning and a couple of other...things? Made me wonder if the whole argument with Shalako was faked. 
Speaking of Shalako, I noticed Conqueror ask/tell Shalako to vote six times in day 1 as well as telling him to explain why he was voting when he got around to it. Could be hand holding, could be coaching.
@mod do scum get day chat in this game?
Other that thank generally agree with Dan's assessment of Dorian. This doesn't mean I think either of them are conf town, but I'm more willing to accept the statement came from town!Dan. 

Serela has a lot of posturing type posts as said by SB
Train ride over brb on next train

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #695 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:40 AM »
And Shadoweh/Dormioslot basically nonexistent. Ok.
I couldn't flag any votes near phase end as especially bad. We had Serela/DNA/Dormio/Mirren as competing wagons until suddenly Dormio posted and then wagons fell apart and coalesced onto Zak. But it looks natural.  Moving on to day 2.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #696 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:24 AM »
Jumping back on the Dorian wagon. There's something that's actually been bothering me about this line here:

So, I'm a jack of all trades with three one shoot abilities, the first was neighborisor which I used  night one but didn't get around to private talk to Murrin as I intended the other was the night talk tonight. The third is not your business now but I may or may not come to it tomorrow.

I want to point at the neighbourizer line, specifically the wording. "Didn't get around" implies the idea that it was possible for Dorian to talk to Murrin, though due to Murrin having to sub out due to business throughout D2, he wasn't able to discuss anything, or at least nothing of worth. At first, I thought I didn't receive the neighbour QT for one reason or another, such as maybe NNR forgetting to send it my way when I subbed in. Then we have Dan jump around today claiming that SB redirected the private chat to him. Wording doesn't add up here, does it? Did he mean he was redirected? Because the wording doesn't seem to indicate that very strongly. And why not say there was a redirect then?

So now we're to assume that Dan/Dorian have a neighbour QT, with no real evidence to prove them wrong. That's what bothers me most, though. SB was dead before D2, and we don't have any proof he used his redirect. Meanwhile, Murrin was switched out with me before the post was made, which stands to be awfully convenient pickings for Dorian, doesn't it?

Dan has been pushing hard for town!Dorian since the his first post today, and while I admit there was a fallacy in my thinking when I first voted Dorian, he gave some swift disapproval to my argument without explaining why. Meanwhile, Dorian's been pushing suspicion onto Shadoweh, even though most everyone else was in agreement at that point that Shadoweh's claim was more than likely true. While most of this is purely reading on N2 and D3 posts, I feel these two are the scummiest right now.

##Target ActionDan

Cut by 1

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #697 on: July 23, 2015, 01:47:05 AM »
I'll also note that the 0 shot ability is why I am dubious of Shadowehs claim of "bulletproof doc that doesn't so anything".
I am pretty sure that is not what I claimed? I'm also apparently confirmed town too so kiss my townie balls? Hey, why was Raitaki obvious town over someone like Conq? I am sincerely interested in what on Day 1 made you think he was the superior roleblock slash protect choice, and why you did not decide to say block Shakalo or something.

Dan's reasoning for Dorian being town is really good and speaks well of him. Votes on him are pants on head wrong. Patchulirikku, I don't get why you're voting him buddy, SB was a redirector, if Dorian was redirected to Dan for a neighbourizing they would have discussed this in their QT. Do you have a QT with Dorian or Dan? Dorian might be scum but Dan is for sure coming at this from a town angle.

Okay, SB for sure used his redirect because he has no reason not to, and he likely tried to murder one scum suspect with another.

I.. I kind of thought you rolecopped me and were maybe scum, Conq.  :blush:

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #698 on: July 23, 2015, 02:03:37 AM »
@mod do scum get day chat in this game?
The Rebel Fleet has no way to limit Federation communications at this time.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #699 on: July 23, 2015, 02:10:51 AM »
How are you confirmed town, Shadoweh?

You claimed bulletproof bodyguard (is that correct)?

Bard and I discussed mainly who we thought were scum, not who we thoight was town. Over the night phase I discussed with Bard who we should protect but Bard apparently vanished and never posted again afte his Dormio vote. 

Conqs day 1 is largely unmemorable and mainly has him commenting on who he agrees/disagrees with. Notably he did refuse to vote Dormio though.  Contrast with Raitakie who was directly challenging players and making cases/challenging votes.  This min if behavior promotes game state and I wished to keep it in the game.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #700 on: July 23, 2015, 02:25:45 AM »
How are you confirmed town, Shadoweh?
I'm a one-shot cop and Shadoweh's a true patriot rebel. Bolding this so people actually read it.
If your concern is that his play during day 1 makes his claim shaky, then I understand, but I for one trust Conq to be town right now.

@Shadoweh, I suppose that's entirely possible. Dorian may be misdirecting Dan in the QT that I honestly question whether or not it exists, but for now, I want words from Dorian and Dan before I switch off either of them. Dorian's game, for sure, hasn't been stellar today.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #701 on: July 23, 2015, 02:31:21 AM »
Oh.  I see.  Never mind, then.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #702 on: July 23, 2015, 02:44:33 AM »
At meeting now, but conqs claim basically reduced wagons from 5 to 4, amongst Dan, Dorian, Serela and Sky P.  And I am also not sure what to make of sky p's claim of roleblocker so late. Probably needs more justification in that direction.

But by any means, Dans response seem genuine, and Dorians refusal to look beyond meta when roles at this stage can constitute hardconfirms just doesn't sit right with me. And seems to more be avoiding to confront and narrow down the pool of suspects at this stage.

Pretty confident with where my vote is going.

Also, conq, did you send the drones to either one of shalako or raitaki? If that is so I can confirm his ability is indeed one shot, that he used the relatively less useful drone power instead of whatever ability he has.

Cut by6 since phoneposting is hard
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #703 on: July 23, 2015, 03:21:58 AM »
Also doesn't like how Serela dances around the massclaim, we already got most variables laid out. And chances are even if you aren't fibbing about your ability netting us another conf, you likely won't live/get it off due to scum knowing this. You probably will do better if you outright claim this anyway. Especially if sky p is bsing about being 1shot town rb, since it seems like too overpowered for town if scum has no rb

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #704 on: July 23, 2015, 03:42:07 AM »
Also sky's more recent day by day analysis is just more filler/cherry picking cases to point a general FoS at the obvtowns to set them as potential designated lynches. Instead of integrating information across days in order to draw a useful conclusion like Dan, SKy p basically committed the same crime as Dorian in that he's only showing effort to compensate for bards lack of activity to avoid getting policy'd, instead of trying to further towns train of thought and provide useful insight even at his own risk. This conservative play isnt reminiscent of the town!sky p I know.

Also, I remember sky p having noted my outburst being genuine during n2 and at the start of d2, I will take that as a townread on me. But him immediately backpedaling on that after confirming Dan's scumreads through 'reading d1' and points me as scummy for exactly the same thing (my emotional argument with shalako) is a lousy attempt to line me up as a lynch. That contradictory agenda doesn't seat well with me. Am keeping tabs on his further points.

also, the proposal scum!DNA is ridiculous from the start. You'd basically have to first justify beloved and governor on same scumteam, and that I also willingly demolished my own image and completely blew a fuse, ruining my MAF reputation as soon as d1 instead of just playing mild irritation at shalako, and me activiely bussing/harassing shalako and pursuing his lynch tomorrow, while also actively engaging the playerbase and providing the bulk of content. you can obviously question my efficiency and coherency because I will admit I post exactly my genuine train of thought as soon as I get them, but I will argue that what I am doing is needlessly and excessively harming scum more than town to justify as scum. The case on me is paranoia, which is understandable because I was scum last game. But if you question my priorities I can and I will answer them all and quell every last bit of doubt you have.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #705 on: July 23, 2015, 04:07:08 AM »
Shadoweh being confirmed town protective role makes SkyPal's claim of jailer more suspect than it already would have been. Since the cop is one-shot and scum already had a governor ontop of that, scum investigation immunity is practically out of the question, so Shadoweh is solid. Thankfully she's also bulletproof so it isn't suuuper likely scum can kill her, they'd probably have done it last night.

I think DNA's criticism of SkyPal is overdone considering the guy hasn't even read through D2 yet and has extremely limited internet access, but from roles, PoE, and interactions there is all a high chance of him being scum, so I'm not going to bother actively defending Sky either :/ But seriously, if he hasn't even had the ability to read through the game past even d2 it's kind of dumb to call him out for not contributing anything great yet.

By the way Dan, I'm sorry my case is poorly organized, badly communicated, and has zero attention paid to actual presentation :V As for your comment on massclaim, 3/8 people were actively interested in it happening and 3 of the others had already claimed anyway, leaving the only dissent being with... you and possibly Conq, and recent posts tell me Dorian still has one unclaimed ability. But Conq's also claimed by now and taken the count to 4/8 and no one other than you is talking against massclaim, and the other unclaimed Dorian is also one of the prime possibilities for lynching at some point, so

Shadoweh/Patorikku/DNA for the sake of lessening possibility of further argument plz weigh on in massclaim opinion (also people other than dna can complain at me about being cagey if you want I guess!)

And DNA you don't know my role so you can't tell me what my possibility of doing something useful with it by endgame is >:V I don't want to be too specific about things but I'll say that it's not going to help town if I tell them what it is, apart from maybe dissuasion of a lynch on me that at present I don't think I need to be super worried about. I'm not a PGO or anything, I won't shoot you if you target me :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #706 on: July 23, 2015, 04:12:13 AM »
And chances are even if you aren't fibbing about your ability netting us another conf, you likely won't live/get it off due to scum knowing this.
Would you really be upset if scum used a nightkill or roleblock on me out of risk I mess things up for them? Getting scum to NK a mislynchable person in itself wouldn't be something I'd be terribly unhappy about occurring :V Obviously it'd be better if I succeeded in something but that'd still be a pretty decent contribution towards town win
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #707 on: July 23, 2015, 04:14:56 AM »
##Unvote
##Target Dorian

Honestly not sure what I gain by keeping my vote on the townier of the two.

Still keeping my eye on Serela. Still my next strongest scumread. I do have to admit that such a vague "claim" is awfully scummy, especially when you hype it up like that, yet can't say a word about it. Seems like you're just trying to keep town from lynching you by promising some stellar payoff. I don't buy it, and as DNA said, if you are town, you're just going to get lynched for announcing such a frightening possibility. It may be smarter to just full claim.

Unrelated, DNA was right, posting from mobile is hard... Proof in getting cut by 2.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #708 on: July 23, 2015, 04:20:48 AM »
I thought I said I was down for mass claim N2? All in all, if you really don't want to claim right now, fine by me. I'm dead set on Dorian right now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #709 on: July 23, 2015, 04:21:09 AM »
'such a frightening possbility'

frightening? :V

Anyway my role is basically useless if I fullclaim, and keep in mind I was under fairly minor threat of lynching when I claimed and it wasn't anywhere near fulfillment of massclaim needing to happen or anything. Trying to portray this as me attempting to desperately make town not lynch me on the basis of having a neat role, I mean, if I wanted to do that I picked a pretty awful way to go about it? When I'm not particularly in danger of lynching, and when I'm not under ANY pressure to claim at all, and when the claim itself is super vague and questionable? It doesn't really make much sense.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #710 on: July 23, 2015, 04:22:28 AM »
Anyway massclaim involves Dorian too as he has an unclaimed ability, and then after that the only person left is ActionDan, not including my vagueness. And even if my vote on actiondan is badly communicated I mean he -does- have several other people on him, he'll likely have to claim in the near future anyway, might as well just get it over with.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #711 on: July 23, 2015, 04:27:17 AM »
May have been a bit colourful with my wording. :V

But yeah, I'd rather get the mass claim. If only to confirm my thoughts on the remaining two scum.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #712 on: July 23, 2015, 04:49:30 AM »
I am not too interested in a Serela lynch at this stage, and thusly I am fine if you want to claim behind others, but let me bring up that if sky is bulling, which there's a decent chance of. He's basically scum roleblocker. You are very likely therefore not getting your role off regardless. Also, and if your role has such a convincing unique clause that can conftown you, but you choose to hold it back, it will obviously become less useful because scum!Serela basically doesn't have to worry about being cc'd anymore and can fakeclaim referring to other claimed PRS which he knows is true. Claiming early will therefore narrow the scumpool down to 3 people. I also want to hear if other people have a strong scumread on Serela and if so, why.

At this stage I am calling the scumteam to be Shalako/Dorian/Sky p, and you can refer to my reasoning in above posts for why I chose sky p amongst the lynchable people.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #713 on: July 23, 2015, 05:00:38 AM »
dna you're not seeing the point here

it's not a big deal if my role is prevented by scum roleblocking me a bunch

because that means the scum are roleblocking ME, and not, say, SHADOWEH

It's true that my claim is left open due to this, but between the lines it'd have to fit in, and also the fact that I'll of course have crumbs to refer to... and that the roles in this game aren't so out there that I can afford to claim something really outlandish... my options would be more limited as fakeclaiming scum than you might think. Also, if I was fakeclaiming scum, the way I've gone about this in general would be really awful. :T You can say refuge in audacity or whatever but in the end I'm drawing way more attention to myself and my role and it's mostly in a negative manner. At it's core I'm basically refusing to claim whilst asking others to and hyping up my role, this is pretty much guaranteed to draw flak.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #714 on: July 23, 2015, 05:44:26 AM »
also shadoweh

don't bother trying saving me if the thought ever occurs to you for some weird reason

if scum want to kill someone who's mislynchable just let them do it :V:V

I kinda doubt they'd seriously be concerned enough to bother killing me anyway but I'm not scum so I wouldn't know

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #715 on: July 23, 2015, 07:20:47 AM »
Yes ma'am I will let the Federation scum shoot you in the face at will!
It's my belief that keeping information out of scum hands has its uses. Serela can keep doing what he's doing as far as I'm concerned. There's been a lot of information thrown on the table as is.

What DNA just said about beloved and governor on the same team is a good point. Making a lynch fail and also having a double-vote for hammering would be... odd balance. More odd thene what you sillies are saying now.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #716 on: July 23, 2015, 07:27:50 AM »
Battlemap Update 1
Skypal (1): ActionDan, Conq
Dorian (2): Darkninja,
ActionDan (1): Serela, Skypal, Patorikku
Out of Combat: Shadoweh
Defensive Maneuvers: Dorian

It takes 5 ships targeting another one to destroy it.
There are 46.5 Hours left in the Combat Cycle
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #717 on: July 23, 2015, 09:24:21 AM »
Serela, pointing out something is scummy doesnt actually justity you acting like that, go read up on Poe's Law.

Also, Dans logic is very comvincing, but I am rereading stuff and basically realized he's basically the only player to not have claimed (alongside Serela), and I honestly want to know his claim before I pass judgement on his alignment.

I still scumread Dorian, obviously, but at this stage since Sky P is essentially claiming jailer (read: scum), perhaps we can just scramble up the lynch order and lynch sky p first, that's my thought

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #718 on: July 23, 2015, 09:26:14 AM »
also screw you people I have the shittiest role amongst everything and my sole weapon is basically ;words; ;words; ;words; and more ;words; . Give me credit where its due, dammit.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #719 on: July 23, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »
Phoeneposting
I sent drowns to Shalako's last night yes

@Sky okay sure but what are your actual reads for today? Also handholding is just something I do to newbies regardless if I feel it will help.

Not sure on sky's claim, balance is impossible to tell unless we have most claims on the table although 2 prot roles does seem a bit overkill. but an easy way to prove it false would be the nonexistence if a town charger, not sure why someone hasn't brought this up already. Dan hadn't said anything and I doubt Dorian has anything so...Serela? If no one is a charger then sky would be likely scum making up a fake claim since there haven't been any functional VT roLea this game. Not sure what it means if a charger does exist though.

Also when I started popcorn ing mass claim it waant so you guys could stop halfway thorugh, sky didn't even bother to popcorn. Dorian in particular I'd like to see claim, and maybe serela because of the caginess.

Would lynch either sky or Dorian

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.