Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79057 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #600 on: July 21, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »
Reminder to send in your plans for the Scrapping Cycle, you have  ~9 hours left to do so
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #601 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »
So, now I read it but you can't prove that I understood it!<_<;

First I was wondering how the Shalako wagon came to be in the first place, cause the crime I saw him commit here was mostly getting furious about and therefore distracted by DNA. Something I can hardly blame him for.^^;

Second, the mystery of the setup. I have actually mixed feelings about a mess claim. Not that I mind to claim, in fact I will mostly do so right away cause I already played 2 of my 3 cards but don't take it as a encouragement to do the same. I still hope town has some aces up our common sleeve and if that's the case then they better stay hidden till they are needed.

So, I'm a jack of all trades with three one shoot abilities, the first was neighborisor which I used  night one but didn't get around to private talk to Murrin as I intended the other was the night talk tonight. The third is not your business now but I may or may not come to it tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it's time for me, so good night.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #602 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:44 AM »
I am currently in Kure taking notes on Yamato for upgrading our flagship.
Other than what Bard mentioned about our QT:
My day 1 scumreads were Shadoweh, Shalako and Zakeri. With an extra special "Dan only posts as scum" but nothing particularly standing out. 
We discussed DNA - I differentiates his activity from this game and last game (where he was scum) because he is not tunneling or engaging in made up drivel - his frustration with Shalako over the whole policy lynch fiasco seemed legit. So that looked like town DNA to me.
I scum read Zak because all the games I can remember he power lurks as scum. I urged Bard to vote but he just vanished after his Dormio vote and I haven't seen him since. I hope he is okay.  Let's see. I disagreed with effort = town, ah then Shadoweh.  Well there's a doc claim now so on well, anyway I felt her hands off day 1/Mirrin is scum but no effort to drive the lynch came from scum Shadoweh. And perhaps it still does!! But we can revisit that if a claimed doc survives until mid/late game, for now she's town in my book.

Day 2 I was mostly raging to myself about Shalako's terrible posts. Others have mainly done this already but the point for me was when he personally attacked DNA and several appeals to emotion. This is scum Shalako as I've seen him on Megatokyo.  But no Bard to post urugufjf I'm happy we got the lynch and can't help but wonder if he was being deliberately aggravating to provoke it.
More to come but Yamato. 
Mass claim: hold off until a cop or tracker type actually flips. We already have an outed doc, so the threat of a watcher type covering Shadowdh is the only way she will survive.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #603 on: July 22, 2015, 12:32:22 AM »
I am currently in Kure taking notes on Yamato for upgrading our flagship.
Day 2 I was mostly raging to myself about Shalako's terrible posts. Others have mainly done this already but the point for me was when he personally attacked DNA and several appeals to emotion
He's been ranting for 2 whole days about how I'm terrible and I can't even play mafia and how noob I am.
I got goddamn fed up with it.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #604 on: July 22, 2015, 01:32:02 AM »
I claim responsibility for the night talk, does that count too?^^
:derp: That was unnecessary but it does clear up that the night talk isn't tied to the no lynch.

Governor makes more sense than a lynchproof item just via game design, but anyway. No one has stepped forward as an inventor so in the case Shalako is telling the truth, scum gave him an item that made him lynchproof for a phase. I don't really see why this would happen unless scum can't give items to themselves or don't know what the items do, but it's still an interesting coincidence that the one person we happened to lynch got the item. And "I was playing scummy to draw scum onto my wagon" still sounds like complete bullshit. Scum governor is stupidly strong but I can see it existing in a game with bp bodyguard, plus other strong power roles. There's the possibility that you have scum governing a town Shalako except that everything Shalako has said contradicts that. So...yeah.

I think with Shadoweh's claim it's reasonably likely that scum have either a strongman or a roleblocker, so I'm not too sold on massclaim yet.

I'll give the game another once over before night ends.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #605 on: July 22, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »
Trying to read over Shalako's posts on the droid claim is making just as much sense to me now as it was last night, and it feels especially flimsy with the possibility of scum Governor on the table. Not to mention the one player left who's familiar enough with Shalako's playstyle is saying we're looking at scum Shalako right now. Ultimately, I think I'm sold on scum Shalako, and even if I end up being wrong on that read, town's already been thrown on a loop and lost a flip over a wagon on him. Either way, Shalako's playstyle really irritates me, and nothing he's said since the deadline is convincing me that Shalako is town right now. I'm leaving it at that.

Beyond that, I've heard multiple cases saying Selery's acting quite scummy. In fact, yelling at us to leave the roleshens alone doesn't strike me the right way, especially considering most of the reads running around on Shalako. We have an extra 24 hours of global chat, so why not make use of it and try to figure out just what the hell happened to the lynch? I'd say the roleshens were rather productive. Did you honestly think this wasn't going to get anywhere, Selery? How come?

Other than that, I know I've already stated that Sky_P's scumread on Shalako was part of the reason why I feel Shalako's scum, but I want to see what he has to say when he comes back. I'm not wholly convinced the Bard/Sky_P slot isn't scum. I know the scumread would seem like a contradictory play for scum in general, but with the consensus thus far being "spend another day trying to lynch Shalako," why not jump on the wagon and keep your hands clean?

I also want to hear more from Dan. Dan would be nice to hear from.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #606 on: July 22, 2015, 03:20:54 AM »
I'd say the roleshens were rather productive. Did you honestly think this wasn't going to get anywhere, Selery?
I don't think it was and I don't think it got anywhere, we'll have to agree to disagree here `-`
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #607 on: July 22, 2015, 05:35:34 AM »
I submitted my post right when the forum went down so I lost it all.

Here's a summary

Shalako's claim doesn't add up, doubt unlynchable works more than once, if it does then lol I quit this game.

Waiting on Sky to post about current events and stuff. Could be scum. Dan's posting petered off after strong entrance but is town if Sky is scum. Plus Dan's posts fine so far.

If Shalako is scum then Raitaki could be scum. See: bickering with Shalako with vote at start of the day, only to veer off and votes Shadoweh for nebulous reasons (see the vote: he basically says okay this is the next best vote because) that aren't explained until later, until he later acknowledges Serela vote and Shadoweh D1 tunnel. Meanwhile he is busy arguing with Shalako and putting down his arguments but his vote stays on Shadoweh until the claim. Makes me think it could be scum/scum bickering. If Shalako is town then I dunno, Raitaki's posts are kinda nullish on reread although I got a town vibe earlier.

Dorian gut nullish town. I have a question though. You said you used neighborizer N1 and that SB hijacked you N1, but then you should have neighborized someone else, right (since I doubt SB hijacked you to himself)? So why are you saying your shot was lost?

Serela has posts that make me think he's town and posts that make me want to strangle him. Also Serela weren't you always in favour of analysing claims/roles and plus how does trying to figure out if Shalako is town or scum after what happened fall under roleshenans?

Murrin's replacement big improvement but would have to see more posts.

That's the general gist of it. I've been hit with the curse of SB, thanks SB.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #608 on: July 22, 2015, 05:52:16 AM »
Deadline extended by an hour in case anyone missed a PM.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #609 on: July 22, 2015, 06:48:05 AM »
Let's see. I disagreed with effort = town, ah then Shadoweh.  Well there's a doc claim now so on well, anyway I felt her hands off day 1/Mirrin is scum but no effort to drive the lynch came from scum Shadoweh. And perhaps it still does!! But we can revisit that if a claimed doc survives until mid/late game, for now she's town in my book.
It's fair criticism. I haven't been feeling too hands-on this game. It helps that it's for the best if I'm not particularily someone the scum want to nightkill!

Conq: I think my feelings on Pattorguy depend on Serela's alignment. If Serela is town I don't like the way he's setting him up. That post right above me is just the three obvious options as scum reads. I don't believe it's that easy. *shrug* We'll see what happens tomorrow. At least as long as I'm here we can keep going together.  :*

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2015, 07:00:02 AM »
RADIO COMMUNICATION HAS CEASED.
PREPARE FOR FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #611 on: July 22, 2015, 07:29:18 AM »
As the ships gather back again to prepare to make the jump to Sector 3, another terrible explosion can be seen on the edge of the Rebel Fleet!

Once again the ships scramble towards the scene of the battle, but once again it is too late. The remains of Raitaki's ship lie in pieces.

Although, there's no sign of the crew... and somehow the scraps are still broadcasting a radio signal... It's faint, and heavily garbled, but you hear....
"ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR."

Raitaki, installed on The Auto-Scout, Rebel Tracker, has been destroyed!
Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the intelligent AI ship, The Auto-Scout

The Auto-Scout is piloted by a highly advanced AI (you), made to handle tactical decisions and dodging on the fly. Auto-Scouts are known for their lacking shields, made up for by their powerful engines which allow the uncanny ability to dodge like crazy, and also known for the ship's ability to repair itself, thus negating any need for a crew. In fact, it has no oxygen, so no crew would survive very long trying to pilot it in the first place (except perhaps a Lanius).
Your ship is under the command of the Rebel Fleet, and you are to programmed to find and stop the Rebel Fleet at all costs.

Your ship's special ability is:
Artificial Intelligence Using your powerful AI to relentlessly dog ships to find out what they are doing.
Your ship is designed to scout out and peruse enemy ships, and the AI equipped aboard the ship allows you to preform at conditions unsuitable for most living crew. The AI functions allow you to sense and track ships from multiple jumps away, letting you hone in on their movements. This ability will allow you to know where ships are headed, and more importantly, who they are targeting.
To prepare this ability simply PM the command, ##Scout: Playername
You can only do this during a Scrapping Cycle.

You wish to scrap the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

tldr you are a Rebel Tracker

Finally, the Rebel Flagship sends one last systems check in preparation for the jump. Oddly, though, Shalako's ship has not sent one back in quite some time. In fact, as the Rebel Flagship goes to investigate, the Fleet discovers the ship in complete disrepair, scrapped for every last bit, as the ship slowly drifts apart into large hunks of steel...

The once-bright ship is now all but dark, as whatever was powering the ship from the inside no longer glows with energy. The engine on the ship was far too low-power for it to power all the tech it once contained... perhaps it's because of the orgins of the ship's crew?

What's more, this ship has Federation cargo onboard! Shalako was one of the traitors to the cause!

Shalako, piloting The Adjudicator, Federation Governor, has fallen completely apart!
Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the energetic Zoltan ship, The Adjudicator

Zoltans are an advanced race of beings made mostly of pure energy. Incidentally, they make a good power source for themselves. The Zoltans are a mostly peaceful race, preferring diplomacy over aggression, and are well known for being as obtuse and stern as they are fair and just. Their intrusive nature has given them a reputation for being a police force of the galaxy, although they are rarely seen outside of the systems they control or are allied with. The Zoltans are experts in technology, their latent powers giving them an edge in creating it. However most Zoltan are rather frail compared to most races, and are known to spontaneously explode when they take grievous wounds.
The crew of The Adjudicator have joined The Kestrel to aid them in their escape.

You have two allies in this fight, your trusted companions of the Federation-vital crew of the Kestrel, and the <nah>. You have open radio communication with them that you can access here: <Quicktopic link>

Your ship's special abilities are:
Zoltan Supershields, a shield technology exclusive to the Zoltan fleet.
Zoltan Supershields are a unique shielding technology manufactured by the Zoltans. It is standard on every Zoltan ship. Zoltan Supershields are difficult to breach - not even missiles can penetrate them - and most ships have additional regular shield generators under them, so Zoltan ships always have the upper hand at the start of a fight. However, Zoltan Supershields are difficult to recharge, and are deactivated once they take enough fire.
You can use the Zoltan Supershields to block an incredible amount of damage, enough to prevent one of your allies or yourself from being destroyed during a Combat Cycle. However, you won't be able to recharge your power again. To use this, PM the mod with ##Activate Supershields. You will automatically use this on yourself if you are in danger and can still use it. This shield needs to upkeep the charge during Scrapping Cycles and thus won't protect you.
Glaive Beam, one of the most powerful mountable weapons ever created.
The Glaive Beam is a beam weapon, which means it can be used to cut through a ship in one blast as opposed to firing short bursts of energy. Naturally, the Glaive Beam is the most powerful type of this weapon created to date. It is so powerful, it can even pierce through multiple layers of shielding, and is capable of cutting a ship completely in half, provided it can penetrate an enemy's defenses. A truly scary weapon, well worth the time it takes to charge. Only the toughest ships could resist something this deadly. (This is the Factional Nightkill)
Zoltan Supershields may be only used at the end of a Combat Cycle (12 hours before or after it ends), whereas your other ability may only be used during a Scrapping Cycle.
Clone Bay The Clone Bay is nestled deep within your ship, in the core of your hull. Supposedly, it should allow your crew to survive should your ship's main hull be destroyed, but the Rebels are always quite thorough and probably will not allow this to survive.

It's your mission to defeat the enemies out to destroy you so you and your allies can escape to the Federation Base. You'll be able to escape once you achieve an even battlefield with all opposing forces, or nothing can stop the same.

tldr you're Federation-Aligned, QT link is above. You're a Federation Governor.
Your ability will automatically save your ass from a lynch, if you haven't used it.
You may use it in advance of a scum lynch to halt it as well.
Try to PM me in advance if you plan to use your Governor ability, please.
Your ability is disabled in SYMLO.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2015, 07:37:07 AM »
Fuck yea I cockscrewed some equality loving folks with my xenophobic fists, godspeed admiral
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »
Claiming one-shot vig. I'm responsible for the kill on Shalako. Given what happened yesterday, I really wasn't willing to spend an entire day cycle trying to lynch him again. I'd rather us get moving on a more progressive foot.

If we've got a cop with a guilty report, it's your call when to claim. For now, though, I think I'll just get some sleep and catch up in the morning or afternoon.

Cut by 1

Please wait next time for the cycle to start before posting.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:45:09 AM by NekoNekoRex »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2015, 07:44:18 AM »
THE REBEL FLEET HAS REACHED SECTOR 3: ZOLTAN CONTROLLED SECTOR

"You've entered Zoltan territory. This species is not renowned for giving anything for nothing, but you can always be assured a fair hearing."

Active Captains:
-DNA
-ActionDan
-Serela
-Skypal ft Bardiche
-Dorian
-Conq
-Pakkitoru
-Shadoweh

Combat Cycle initiated. Combat shall cease on Stardate D25M7Y2015, 2AM EARTH TIME EST
It is estimated that the average ship can take on the combined fire of 5 other ships before it is destroyed
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:30:04 PM by NekoNekoRex »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #615 on: July 22, 2015, 07:46:05 AM »
Phonepost because I lost most of everything, Tldr during n2 Id propose lynching either Serela or dan.

Depending on their response, I have a gutread on patrorikku/murrin or dorian being scum from the style of their posts. elaborations later

Gotta dig into interactions, so much to read

Also, sky the info role flipped, I want a massclaim.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #616 on: July 22, 2015, 07:46:30 AM »
(minor note: the new sectors are only coincidentally linked to recently deceased ships. The sector is actually just chosen at random)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:48:24 AM by NekoNekoRex »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #617 on: July 22, 2015, 07:49:18 AM »
I am now beloved again too, so hardconfirm me all you want, conq did send the drones to either one of them who died, my money is on shalako

Cut by whhhhhat so it wasn't a delayed death, great job though, insta townclear, touch?.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #618 on: July 22, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
Er whoops, did I post too soon on that? My bad. Claim still stands.

-Pakkitoru

This is gonna become a trend real fast around here, isn't it?  :V

Cut by 3 WHATEVER I'm just shitposting right now anyway! Not gonna go to bed just yet anyhow.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #619 on: July 22, 2015, 07:51:01 AM »
*touch?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #620 on: July 22, 2015, 07:51:24 AM »
you da best pally, town mvp

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #621 on: July 22, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
Actually, doesn't look like much is gonna happen right away, so I'll go back to my original plan and sleep. I'll give my two cents on whatever happens between now and later when I get back. Here's hoping the day doesn't start too slow again.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #622 on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:10 AM »
Also kind of irritated at sky p for not going with the claim and cost us the tracker. the stuff he regurgitated in the shared qt also wasn't very insightful and doesn't have much of tbe characteristic walling he has. He did say he's moving though, but its a very difficult read due to bard literally not being there d2, but my gut is leaning scum

This is also apparently a 9v3 setup, and with the tracker and vig gone we will need to be very careful with our moves now. Massclaim should be in order

Conq still hasn't been killed could imply there's either no strongman on the scumteam to Kill the bp doc, or they used their roleblock on something else given a rolecop should be likely on scumteam due to loads of prs, or conq is scum himself. But even if in the unfortunate scenario this is this should be difficult even for conq to maintain a facade and still be coherent for so long. I will obviously be backtracking and keeping tabs on conq, but as I am likely to die tonight, I will try to milk as much use out of this.

Some rolespec, but scum got a dayjoat and an announcer in the last nnr game, so I am inclined to believe at least some roles that futz with the day are scum aligned, hence Dorian suspicion for joat claim.

Obviously, I also need to dig into the interactions, finally something exciting.

Cut by 1

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #623 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
*regurgitated from the shared qt

I was also having a gutread on Serela days ago but is kinda afraid to take note of it  not only due to being gut, but my general problem is how Serela has a massive dip in post quality, which basically is the same reason as bard provided, but Serela did make it clear he doesn't like d1 talk due to nothing he could talk about, and therefore I was thinking about giving him a day or two more to see if he's improved. And, I think someone has talked about this already, but Serela didn't go into his usual rolespec and interaction digging stuff I am scumreading him progressively harder.

Irrelevant comment on setup: this self protecting governor is essentially a role that rewards scum for playing bad, and is ridiculously overpowered if they are even remotely good. Also, we gotta factor in it is bloody difficult to coordinate town effort amd convince townsfolk to get the same lynch twice, and given lynching the same guy twice essentially means scum gets free rein to futz with everyone's night actions. Its a pretty unfair role had town mvp not shot him in the face.

Besides, 9v3 isn't exactly a town aligned ratio, for such a swingy role I wouldve expected like, iunno, a recursive vig or multiple info roles. It should be a modding philosophy to never assume town will operate at the maximum potential because trusting others is damn hard. This couldve been a massive demotivating trainwreck for town had the governor not been shot. Mb its just me, but I just feel the inclusion of swingy roles such as governor, especially in a relatively small game size like this, should not have been balanced not by more opposing swingy town roles that couldve backfired terribly in towns face.

Really damn, great foresight patrorikku, you practically saved the game, and this isn't a hyperbole.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #624 on: July 22, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »
Without other roles flipped it's hard to judge.  It does make Shadoweh's role that much more likely.

##Target: Bard

Shalako was one of his early town reads (again effort=town) as well as everything else that still stands

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #625 on: July 22, 2015, 08:34:51 AM »
Orrr scum could just be trying to frame conq or I as they might consider it too risky to waste their shot on a bodyguarded obvtown, for some reason that skipped my mind entirely

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #626 on: July 22, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
Dan, where have you gone during ED2 through N2

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #627 on: July 22, 2015, 08:37:52 AM »
Not bothering to litter the thread with posts that wouldn't actually do much.  I was reading along

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #628 on: July 22, 2015, 08:37:59 AM »
Dan, why are you so eager to pounce on a wagon whose player literally got a day invisible? "Effort=town" could be handwaved as laziness, and for something so outdated it surprises me you are just relying on that instead of further substantiating your argument with what's added by sky p

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #629 on: July 22, 2015, 08:41:11 AM »
Cut by dan

Basically, there are much better material you couldve used, and I would expect you to reevaluate the wagons if you were reading along. Or at least analyze the interactions first. I guess a better question is, why so eager to drop the vote instead of giving sky pal time to gather himself?