Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79136 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #570 on: July 21, 2015, 07:21:14 AM »
Even one shot lynchproof would be pushing it.

the only way this could be balanced is if its a delayed death option, but I don't have high hopes of things being balanced in an nnr game

Also shalako never do this kind of stupid gambit again if you were town. Your destroyed your own reputation such that even if you claim you won't persuade anyone. You also wasted the day and allowed actual scums to easily focus fire on you and coast to day end.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #571 on: July 21, 2015, 07:23:36 AM »
DNA stop acting like i'd have mattered what i'd done this game to you.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #572 on: July 21, 2015, 07:27:02 AM »
Shalako, this isn't personal, but if you were truly town, you can ask everyone in here to hear theIR opinions on your gambit.

Or you can scroll back a few pages. I am not insulting you, but that was the result of what you did. Perhaps my delivery was less than eloquent, but I have no malice in my advice

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #573 on: July 21, 2015, 07:27:25 AM »
I guess this means I'm up to bat.

Shalako mentioned earlier that he was softing his role since the start of the day phase, so I wanted to look back at that and see what I could find on the matter. So beyond the random-avvie nonsense going on earlier, Shalako did make this post:
Before I go to sleep:

DNA, My main reason to suspect him is pushing Policy Lynches, however I've never once seen a Lynch-Resistant Mafia, and he mentioned Beloved D1 in one of his walls, so I need to reconsider him.
Dormio Replaced by ActionDan I didn't understand why people attacked Dormio's post where he said paranoid reads beyond it being kinda fence sitting but I saw it as clarifying his thought process and Action Dan I agree with not trusting people just because they put effort into the game.
-Serela(Biggest Suspect)/Shadoweh I need to reread since they are blurring in my mind. I know hate the Whole Policy Lynch statement because of how backwards  it is and saying "
"even if they're town we should lynch them" "I'm already biased to think you're bullshitting" but not Voting DNA?
-Raitaki Townie vibes,
-Bardiche ft. Skypal Hasn't posted a lot, Don't think Clearing People for effort is a good sign but I may just be influenced by Dan/Conq.
-Dorian Medium, doesn't really stick out anywhere.
-Conq Seems clearly Town, I don't think anyone doesn't think he's town?
-Murrin Town, gonna have to prove himself now that he's past being gunned down for the flailing. He knows why   :V
~~
Need someone to clarify for the Meta here if it's common to push Policy Lynches. I saw the lurker one not get hammered.
Where I'm from, Seeking non-behavior reasons to lynch someone is considered Scummy, and Serela thinks so because they voted me fighting a Policy Lynch because that's a Policy Lynch somehow and Shadow thinking DNA is scummy for Policy Killing.
What I want to focus on is Shalako's line in reference to DNA, particularly the lynch-resistant section. Can I assume this was what you meant when you said you were softing the whole time? Thing is, now you're claiming to be a Tree Stump, which is throwing me off a bit, because I don't know how to rationalize both your soft claim and your current claim. Right now, I'm going to reread over the events of the day, and I'll see if I can come up with anything better.

Cut by 4.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #574 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:35 AM »
I'm thinking this is a delayed death deal going on. If anything, Shalako claiming to be Tree Stump is him saying "I'm as good as dead at this point," and his getting lynched has brought on this global chat night cycle. That's what I think he's saying, but I haven't been able to read Shalako well at all from the sidelines. He's had me stumped all night. :V

Puns aside, I'm going to look back through everything from before the Shalako wagon to see what sort of reads I can get off of everyone else.

« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2015, 07:58:42 AM »
I'm thinking this is a delayed death deal going on. If anything, Shalako claiming to be Tree Stump is him saying "I'm as good as dead at this point," and his getting lynched has brought on this global chat night cycle. That's what I think he's saying, but I haven't been able to read Shalako well at all from the sidelines. He's had me stumped all night. :V

Puns aside, I'm going to look back through everything from before the Shalako wagon to see what sort of reads I can get off of everyone else.
I don't think this is me dying and being able to talk?
If this is a "power role" it's the most useless thing i've seen and I was baited into suciding by my gift for no reason.
Thing is, now you're claiming to be a Tree Stump, which is throwing me off a bit, because I don't know how to rationalize both your soft claim and your current claim. Right now, I'm going to reread over the events of the day, and I'll see if I can come up with anything better
Drones, I knew they existed and DNA claimed to have one. I got one and DNA claimed D1 to be beloved with additional Abilities.
I'd like you to look over my wagon, not just before it please.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »
I claimed to have sent them to conq, what the hell

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2015, 08:13:25 AM »
I'm terrible at Set-up Analysis, I think you are right about that making no sense but who would give me it? It's gotta be one of the people who pushed so hard to get me lynched since they knew this would happen right?

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #578 on: July 21, 2015, 08:52:13 AM »
Alright, trying to read through the entire game at 4 am isn't giving me a lot of headway. I'll try and post my big reads for tonight, and look over things in the morning/afternoon/whenever-the-hell-I-wake-up. I'd personally like to request everyone else's reads up to this point.

- D1 Bard's actions, as most people have been saying, are pretty scummy, but trying to chase down that path right now is pointless, since it's looking like a modkill is on its way for that slot.

- Conqueror reads to be town to me. Mostly a gut read atm, but I'll double back and look over specific reactions again when I've actually got some sleep.

- Gut read again, but I feel a bit suspicious of DNA. By the looks of the vote tallies throughout the day, you did indeed send a drone to Conq, and I assume the drone's function was to act as an extra vote that stayed on Conq throughout the day. What was your reason for sending the drone to Conq? If you've already mentioned it, just quote it; I probably skimmed over it without noticing.

- Needless to say, I'm still suspicious of Shalako, but I'm not willing to say he's either town or scum right now. That gambit really did throw me on a loop, and I'm definitely going to need some rest before making any real sense of it.

Right, now off to bed with me, before my head explodes...

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #579 on: July 21, 2015, 09:15:26 AM »
So is BP doctor
BP Bodyguard. The difference being if I save someone I can be immediately shot.

Hey Neko, is it against the rules if we try to guess someone else's flavor? I'm pretty sure Shalako is not telling the truth.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #580 on: July 21, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »
Flavor Gaming? Really?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #581 on: July 21, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »
hi I'm awake

does all this 2 pages of rolespec really matter

like seriously

does it really matter

does still talking about it really matter

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, TRY TO LYNCH HIM AGAIN? Do you think he's scum that takes 2 lynches to kill? If 3 people said this was a balanced setup I'd sooner think the solution is town deciding to use the secret "lynch the mod" option and then no lynch to achieve the Good End.

Either he's a town stump now (Unlynchable scum is not even worth humoring the thought of) or he's dying soon from solar flares or something, fun times, moving on.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #582 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »
(Yes, I realize in hindsight it sounds like he's not even a stump and he's still totally alive and able to vote and whatever)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #583 on: July 21, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »
and I was baited into suciding by my gift for no reason.
You're gonna make me beat my face into a desk here.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #584 on: July 21, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
Hm, now that I calmed down a bit and got some sleep perhaps we can use this to our advantage.

Basically, since nobody stepped up to claim this lynchproof, and given shalako already claimed about 'receiving drones', whatever the hell that means, here;
I was lead to think it was a drone that I could blow up and kill someone on my wagon...
Not a drone that gave me a shield...
(Things happen when you get lynched)
Wow, I'd assumed it was clearly Town-Allied ability but now...
I'm a Tree Stump lied about being a PR to make Scum more eager to lynch me, I've already said why votes were bad on my wagon
And assuming he isn't bsing this time, I am inclined to agree with raitaki, this aint a town ability, it has to be a scum one.

In that case, massclaim should let us get a relatively great grasp on the setup, and solve the game via rolegaming alone.

Or, someone else gave this ability to shalako, I am confident that its unlikely any of us here couldve forseen this lynch, whether as scum or as town. And will even, under those circumstances, give this thing to shalako.

Or under the second assumption, shalako is lying, and he's a one shot lynchproof scum, this is less likely, but isn't entirely impossible, especially if lynchproof is the only ability said scum is and town is 'balanced' in the sense that is given more and excessive amounts of PR.

In whichever scenario, massclaiming can and will solve our problem, especially since we already have our doctor, possibly the most useful role next to the cop, is outed anyway, and from shadows the 'bp but will die on role' clause, its unlikely scum has a strongman keeping balance in mind. And even if there's a cop, its even better because we can play around that by having Shadoweh cover the doc, ensuring we at least get another guaranteed confirm. In any case, town stands to gain when we massclaim now.

Also, yeah, I townread Shadoweh from the start. Her resilience on the murrin lynch and angry outburst seems towny. and her claimed cause is pretty towny

But, if nothing changes, I still advocate for lynching the hell out of shalako tomorrow, because I still don't see a sane townsfolk pulling this kind of stunt.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #585 on: July 21, 2015, 01:44:39 PM »
Oh wait, there's actually someone who would know shalako well enough and give him that ability d1 regardless of his lacklustre play, murrin

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #586 on: July 21, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
Also patrorikku, my claim was somewhere when there's a day until d2 deadline

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #587 on: July 21, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »
In fact conq, that's the rest of my ability, you will be able to send it to whomever, and until the person afflicted by this status dies, I lose my beloved status. I entrusted that thing to conq because he's my strongest townread.

Losing my hardconf was the reason why I was reluctant to fullclaim it early. Part of it was also because I was optimistic during N1 that it would start discussions or even allow me to counterclaim, but nobody seemed to have taken note of that at all. Also, since this ability is borderline useless even if I claim, it seemed like a waste to do so until I have seen some useful content on that. But since this is obviously not happening, I want to make it clear this phase so at least there won't be any confusion over if its some scum shenanigans and whatnot.

Cut by 2

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #588 on: July 21, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »
Also, apologies mod for my ad hoc, that wasn't supposed to happen

Why shouldn't unlynchable scum be not worth humoring the thought of? Id agree its usually unlikely. But nnr does tend to run highly experimental games. And theoretically, it could be balanced if this is something like a 10v2 scum setup. With every town sporting unlimited usage of PRS, it could work.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #589 on: July 21, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »
*power roles

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #590 on: July 21, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
Skypal switches with bard effective now.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #591 on: July 21, 2015, 03:14:01 PM »
Oh wait, there's actually someone who would know shalako well enough and give him that ability d1 regardless of his lacklustre play, murrin
Ah hah, what a torch I've been handed... :colonveeplusalpha:

While I definitely agree that a massclaim is for the best for town at this point, I don't think I want to claim what I can do just yet. I will confirm that Murrin hadn't used the ability by the time I had subbed in. Right now, I believe I want to hear a few other role claims and see what comes from that.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #592 on: July 21, 2015, 04:09:14 PM »
Massclaiming, huh. I don't dig this idea very much, since in a role madness any weird/outrageous role can be explained with "maybe scum has something to interact that because of the massive amount of PRs town has". I do agree that the cop should claim if there is one, staying hidden and praying they don't get shot is a crapshoot imo cuz iirc MoTKscum has a history of being pretty good at guessing and shooting strong PRs in my experience.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #593 on: July 21, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, TRY TO LYNCH HIM AGAIN? Do you think he's scum that takes 2 lynches to kill? If 3 people said this was a balanced setup I'd sooner think the solution is town deciding to use the secret "lynch the mod" option and then no lynch to achieve the Good End.
Yes? Serela, I think it's really interesting that you don't remember what a Governor is. It's been a scum role in Motk games before. Being unlynchable once doesn't mean much. It is almost like you already know the answer to the 'silly questions' the rest of town are positing.

Besides, Super Shields fit much more snuggly into the flavor as a self-shield.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #594 on: July 21, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
Anyone want to claim responsibility?
I claim responsibility for the night talk, does that count too?^^

However to explain my latest vote, I was skimming the game mostly for the vote situation, saw Shadowehs claim which lead me to reconsider my vote. And so I picked the wagon with the greatest chance to go through, that wasn't Shalako.

With this out of the way will I go and take a shower before I start to actually read the the last 5 pages. Even when I think that I'll regret.^^;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #595 on: July 21, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »
No Raitaki, massclaiming is good because it will make lives for scum difficult, assuming our order of reads is good enough, and town literally has nothing to stand to lose as per my reasoning.

Cut by what Dorian claim

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #596 on: July 21, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »
Also, where's sky p

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #597 on: July 21, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »
Yes? Serela, I think it's really interesting that you don't remember what a Governor is. It's been a scum role in Motk games before. Being unlynchable once doesn't mean much. It is almost like you already know the answer to the 'silly questions' the rest of town are positing.

Besides, Super Shields fit much more snuggly into the flavor as a self-shield.
I suppose if we're considering that Shalako might just be lying about his claim, I'm actually curious about the possibility of scum Governor in this setup. DNA already mentioned that if scum has a sort of unlynchable PR, it could be pretty balanced if it were a 10v2 scum setup and/or town had some unlimited PRs that could kill scum. Is this necessarily a setup where scum Governor could even be balanced, if we consider either of those possibilities? I could buy that in the 10v2 case, for sure, since it would give scum an extra night/day with that player's influence in order to get another NK.

Still, I get what you're trying to say. Serela trying to shut down the roleshens without much consideration is giving me a weird vibe too. If we've got a night cycle to discuss whatever the hell happened 12 hours ago, I'd like that we come up with a plan so we (I) don't run into d3 blind.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #598 on: July 21, 2015, 08:26:54 PM »
BP Bodyguard. The difference being if I save someone I can be immediately shot.

Hey Neko, is it against the rules if we try to guess someone else's flavor? I'm pretty sure Shalako is not telling the truth.
Yeah, trying to use flavor to game the setup in any way outside of what I have provided in the main thread is against the rules. If you really want to grasp at roles, stick to laymans terms (ie cop and doc)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #599 on: July 21, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »
To be more specific, trying to use the flavor to guess at someone's specific ship type or ship ability is extremely poor form, as outing our own flavor is banned.

The exceptions to the rule are role-related flavor that I have specifically made public, like the Drone Attack on Conq. Speculate with that how you want (or use it to claim a role), but I will give you a mod warning if, say, you used that to guess someone was the Engi ship, since that intrudes on the 'no flavor claiming' rule.