Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79106 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
My impression hasn't improved, and other players also provided ample reasoning to why shalako response to being accused of mudslinging is by mudslinging is bad.

Also, Shadoweh, this seems uncannnily uncooperative for you. Lynches are always better than no lynch. And you insisting on a very unlikely murrin lynch as if he's confscum when there's so little time to deadline is weird
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2015, 02:55:27 AM »
*for two days in a row

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2015, 02:57:25 AM »
Murrin's not looking good today but if I voted him it'd literally be nothing past "LOL FLASHWAGON", esp. because I have to get up really early tomorrow so I need to sleep within the next hour and I still have IRL things to get done

sooooo in other words really not that interested

maybe if shadoweh could make a really compelling case but I'd just feel bad if I said that and went "yeah nah not feeling it"

Need to look into this o.o Shalako mess that occured
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #453 on: July 21, 2015, 02:58:06 AM »
said that and shadoweh made a big post and then*
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #454 on: July 21, 2015, 03:00:54 AM »
Also, Shadoweh, this seems uncannnily uncooperative for you. Lynches are always better than no lynch. And you insisting on a very unlikely murrin lynch as if he's confscum when there's so little time to deadline is weird
First Shalako acts like I'm not going to claim, then you act like I'm going to no-lynch. I'm still here to switch votes if I need to. I didn't want to lynch Zakeri either. I will point to the wagons, in which Shalako has like three votes and point out my lynch is just as likely.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #455 on: July 21, 2015, 03:04:17 AM »
Shadoweh since you already claimed may as well, who was your target last night?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #456 on: July 21, 2015, 03:09:29 AM »
Also I find many of shalakos recent arguments to only be blatantly false, but also more hypocritical than genuine, in that he's basically accusing players of what he did himself. The ad hocs and asking the same question over and over comes to mind.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #457 on: July 21, 2015, 03:09:52 AM »
*not only be blatantly false

« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2015, 03:11:42 AM »
I will point to the wagons, in which Shalako has like three votes and point out my lynch is just as likely.
If you're so sure i'm town wouldn't you rather not waste your vote on Murren (who I think is town) and consolidate on a neither me or you wagon?
I don't want to lynch Murrin and I don't think it's fair to say he's been more lurky when we've had more activity now in the final hours then the rest of the game.

« Reply #459 on: July 21, 2015, 03:13:37 AM »
If you're so sure i'm town wouldn't you rather not waste your vote on Murren (who I think is town) and consolidate on a neither me or you wagon I don't support?
Do you think i'm just wrong about Murrin besides my clear cut read on him?
I don't want to lynch Murrin and I don't think it's fair to say he's been more lurky when we've had more activity now in the final hours then the rest of the game.
Sry, answer this one Shadow

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2015, 03:16:17 AM »
Okay I had to read all those posts a few times to understand what in the world actually happened there.

I'm still not entirely sure what to make of this. But I know what I -should- make! ANOTHER VOTECOUNT :D

cut:So what, you want her to vote herself? :V Bard is an awful wagon on the merit he's nonexistent to the point of very possible modkill, which even impacts reading his d1 play because it suggests his low presence could have been from lack of time, as well as meaning we have nothing from d2 to help read him with; and past that, also the part where it's very possible his slot could just end up modkilled anyway :V

Where's Dan? Where's Murrin? They might have posted in the last 24 hours but if they did it wasn't a noteworthy enough one to remember having happened :T

Oh Hey I'm Doing This Yet Again
Bard (2): ActionDan, Shalako
Shalako (3): Darkninja, Raitaki, Conqueror
Shadoweh (2): , Serela, Dorian
Murrin (1): Shadoweh
Conqueror (1): Drone Attack
Defensive Maneuvers: Bard, Murrin

It takes 6 ships attacking the same one to destroy it.
Combat Cycle will end in 2 Hours 40 Minutes

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #461 on: July 21, 2015, 03:18:15 AM »
back from work. Time to mod my game.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #462 on: July 21, 2015, 03:19:45 AM »
sry but I beat you to it

might be some prods to hand out though :V

« Reply #463 on: July 21, 2015, 03:20:55 AM »
Why haven't you unvoted Shadow?
Also LoL is okay D1 when you have no info but it's not okay when the lurker put out a case that  people sheeped on someone everyone agrees is town now? The guy who cleared people for effort?

Why did you say Dormios post was a null-tell then when bard put out a case on it you completely barned it?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #464 on: July 21, 2015, 03:27:30 AM »
Why would I have unvoted Shadoweh? Because she claimed doctor? Okay to be honest that's not an awful reason, but, claims aren't everything. In any case it's not like she's l-1 (or l-2, or -3) so it's not a big deal if it stays there a tiny bit longer.

LaL is generally awful D1 but -all- the lynches d1 were awful, so, welp. :T (In specific cases like active lurking, it'd be different; but that behavior is much different than this kind of lurking) ...who's the person we're talking about again?

The way I handled Dormio was a lot less of a heel-face-turn than you're implying it was. My posts before Bard pretty clearly said that I -was- sorta interested in a Dormio lynch, but just that I didn't figure it was actually a good idea since meh d1 lurking lynches. All the other lynches were so bleh too though, that Bard putting actual thought and reason into why a Dormio lynch was a good idea managed to tip me over.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #465 on: July 21, 2015, 03:42:05 AM »
I wish I could just stick to my Shadoweh guns, but there is no way in hell I'm staying up to 2am for deadline (to switch off if necessary) even if I -didn't- actively need to sleep at a reasonable time tonight (which I probably won't be since I haven't even made dinner yet! GOOD JOB ME) so I guess I'm gonna need to decide if I want to move off to... well, Shalako is the only other wagon if a flashwagon doesn't happen. I...

I actually have no idea how I feel about that. :T I'm probably just going to stay on Shadoweh.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #466 on: July 21, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »
Okay, I see where Shalako would have gotten what Beloved meant from those two posts I guess.

Reading Shalako is difficult for me because I can't tell if the rapid fire accusations are scum throwing out stuff for the hell of it or town.

This is just a reminder that mafia sucks

I'd be all for a Murrin wagon but realistically it's not going to happen.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2015, 03:43:25 AM »
Shadoweh isn't getting lynched today. Your vote is completely useless there.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #468 on: July 21, 2015, 03:49:16 AM »
Dang.

That leaves voting between Murrin flashwagon or lol Shalako. Neither of which I've tried to evaluate as possible scum (I don't know what I'd even -do- in terms of trying to read Shalako, honestly), and I really need to go to bed. :T

« Reply #469 on: July 21, 2015, 03:50:27 AM »
The way I handled Dormio was a lot less of a heel-face-turn than you're implying it was. My posts before Bard pretty clearly said that I -was- sorta interested in a Dormio lynch, but just that I didn't figure it was actually a good idea since meh d1 lurking lynches. All the other lynches were so bleh too though, that Bard putting actual thought and reason into why a Dormio lynch was a good idea managed to tip me over.
How do you feel about Bard clearing people for putting effort into the game? (My statement was a bit exaggerated I agree, I just play from a more wary base of thought.)
Do Mafia members literally not put effort into games here?

Reading Shalako is difficult for me because I can't tell if the rapid fire accusations are scum throwing out stuff for the hell of it or town.
So uh, this may be obvious but why not ask the one player who has a Meta with me here?

Conqueror

« Reply #470 on: July 21, 2015, 03:53:49 AM »
I asked him on D1 and he said he wasn't sure.

His D2 posts have been a continuous line of broken promises of reads that read like stalling given the conclusions he's given are "town" and "i dunno/null". He would be my top choice for lynch but getting 6 people to vote him in a town this apathetic in 3 hours is pretty much impossible.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #471 on: July 21, 2015, 03:55:16 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Bard

Actual stuff comes when I'm not at work.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #472 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:47 AM »
Well then since you know your main reason for voting me is garbage how about removing it then?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2015, 03:57:23 AM »
How do you feel about Bard clearing people for putting effort into the game? (My statement was a bit exaggerated I agree, I just play from a more wary base of thought.)
Do Mafia members literally not put effort into games here?
I think the Bard wagon is a non-option even if Bard was super scummy for reasons I explained a couple posts or so ago.

Thinking people are town because of effort is a very meta thing. It can work, it's possible to get non-bad reads that way, but it's entirely based on meta, so take that as you will. If you're good enough at it and able to not make mistakes often, you can use small details about the way people talk to get good reads on if they're town or scum, that aren't actually based on anything legitimately solid :D Hooray! (I'm sleepy)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #474 on: July 21, 2015, 03:59:01 AM »
Id agree with conq that shalako is a tough nut to crack, but its clear he only selectively registers information in his posts(hey repeated meta questions policy lynch questions etcetf) despite showing some sort of awareness to what other players posted such as claims and quotes and whatnot. What I infer from this is that he's scum trying to avoid actually confronting anything.

His claims also are always exaggerated misrepresentations of reality, of which it appears to be deliberate instead of accidental. I seriously doubt if a town player can actually play like that.

Cut by 4 what

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2015, 04:01:31 AM »
##Unvote ##Vote Shalako

consolidation, sorry, etc

« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2015, 04:03:15 AM »
Thinking people are town because of effort is a very meta thing. It can work, it's possible to get non-bad reads that way, but it's entirely based on meta, so take that as you will. If you're good enough at it and able to not make mistakes often, you can use small details about the way people talk to get good reads on if they're town or scum, that aren't actually based on anything legitimately solid :D Hooray! (I'm sleepy)
Okay, considering that Bard Cleared me for effort when he has none with me?
His claims also are always exaggerated misrepresentations of reality, of which it appears to be deliberate instead of accidental. I seriously doubt if a town player can actually play like that.

« Reply #477 on: July 21, 2015, 04:04:02 AM »
##Unvote ##Vote Shalako

consolidation, sorry, etc
Naw man, feel free to put out poor votes with other bad votes

Conqueror

« Reply #478 on: July 21, 2015, 04:06:23 AM »
Well then since you know your main reason for voting me is garbage how about removing it then?

Because my main reason is actually gut, but I didn't want to put it that way. V:

Summarized another way, it's this. I don't believe that all your inquiries and attacks have a town mindset. It's hyperaggressive to the point of mudslinging. Like the question to Serela just now was accusatory. But do you even think Serela is scum?

Conqueror

« Reply #479 on: July 21, 2015, 04:08:53 AM »
PEDIT: And yes, I saw that you said that Serela and Shadoweh were mild scum reads blurred together.
But in that case I don't know why you abandoned both those wagons to go after Bard. I don't really think your case on him was that much more convincing. So it reads like blatant survivalism given that the Serela and Shadoweh wagons were dying down.

I know I could be overparanoid but that's the scenario I see. And you could be town doing this, but there are just certain things in your tone and your approach that give me doubt.