Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79074 times)

Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2015, 01:50:11 PM »

Me realizing I forgot to vote

##Untarget ##Target DNA
Don't forget the double hashes please.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:38:41 PM by NekoNekoRex »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »
##unvote

gdi but then who do I want to vote

his Conq vote actually brought up some points I liked

Conq seemed kind of sideliney or something (I'm not sure a proper word to use right now, that might be a wrong and bad one, but there was -something-) that I kind of noted before but there was too little for me to actually be worried about at the time because earlier in d1 stuff
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2015, 01:57:37 PM »
These wagons are all depressingly low for how close deadline is getting.

Looking over Conq again and yeah "sideliney" would be a horribly inaccurate word, and also now I'm doubting whether I actually went to sheep SB. fff :C
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
Looking over the list of usernames and started going "Huh? Where's Dormio???" and yep he hasn't posted in 25 hours. That means he hasn't posted since like 35 hours into d1 which after accounting for RVS is not far enough into the game to have any kind of read on him worth beans since That One Post is only null. ;_____________;

« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2015, 02:04:09 PM »

gdi but then who do I want to vote
How about the guy who wants to lynch new players not because they are scummy but because they are new?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2015, 02:07:35 PM »
Reread Shadoweh, does she have any opinions other than stuff about Murrin? D: I suppose she kinda summarized overall feelings about the other wagon options and on d1 having only one suspect isn't bad

Shalako which person are you talking about again

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
oh right probably

the person you're voting

yes

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2015, 02:30:19 PM »
I didn't specifically mean I like his argument; I meant moreso his attitude and how he's handling the game in general, not his opinions on anyone. That being said I did sort of like the reason he ended up voting you but the way he went around constructing his opinions felt kind of wonky.

That's a lazy excuse Serela. If you like his reason for voting me, which is :
Quote from:  Zakeri
The only other thing I read was Shakalaka and DNA, and while I think their interactions and bickering befit a town/town argument, I don't really like DNA's vote on Shamalamadingdong for not having a vote down despite all the effort he's trying to put in.
Which I already responded, effort is not equivalent of townclear. You can check out my #140 for that. And it still doesn't change how you haven't cared to elaborate on your point for an argument you like. In fact, if you claim you sheep Zakeri's opinion, but how he constructed it wonky,you should at the very least provide more info on why is that. This isn't really improving my impression at all.

What? I have literally no idea what you're trying to say here, other than you think my case is bad because of reasons not related to my actual case :S ???????? Timestamps? What does that have to do with anything?
No, that's misrepping me, you are attacking SB's Serela vote, which is placed literally on page 2, and at the point of your post, there's a much more obvious and powerful argument you could've used against SB, which is that SB was powerlurking using 'he lost his post' as an excuse. Your admittance right after attacking such an outdated point is also unconvincing, citing 'well i am concious-streaming'', which I believe is scummy.

cut by 5
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »
You're really overestimating how much I like Zakeri's vote. Does it look like I'm heavily considering voting you right now despite not having any other people I want to vote either?

You're also misrepping -me-, there. I talked about the consciousness streaming in terms of why I wasn't just deleting the point about SB that within the same sentence I realized was actually null and invalid; I was talking about something else. As for the other point, even if it's ED1, it wasn't RVS and a vote that seems wonky and born of illegitimate thought can be a notifier of scum; for example, Zakeri's ED1 vote against me last game that seemed all kinds of ridiculous.

In any case my opinion of SB jumped a lot after his recent posts, hence me unvoting him.

tl;dr, It's not that I disagree with your points, it's that you're thinking I'm saying different things than what I'm actually saying, aka your points are based on things that didn't happen o:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »
You're really overestimating how much I like Zakeri's vote. Does it look like I'm heavily considering voting you right now despite not having any other people I want to vote either?
Like, I say "zakeri's reason for his vote is kind of okay", and you say "you're sheeping Zakeri". Do you see the discrepancy here? :V

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2015, 02:41:19 PM »
Battlemap Update 5
Serela (2): SB, Bardiche
Murrin (3): Dorian, Shadoweh, Dormio
Darkninja (3): Zakerei, Murrin, Shalako
WHMZakerei (2): Raitaki, Darkninja
SB (2): Murrin, Conq
Conqureor (1): SB
Defensive Maneuvers: Serela

A ship can withstand the combined fire of 7 ships before it is destroyed.
Combat Cycle will end in 8.5 Hours

Reminder that No Majority = No Ships Destroyed

Due to unexpected work schedule changes, it is unlikely I will be here for Deadline, unless the Cycle happens to end more then an hour early. I will probably have to rely on an extended twilight phase (if you want fluff), or a comod to flip for me.
I may extend deadline if needed, since it will accommodate my schedule better anyway, but don't abuse this possibility or I won't allow it.
Please understand.

My next appearance will be around 3-1 hours before the current deadline. I'll decide then if I want to extend it. The extension wouldn't be long, do note, only a few hours so that I can end the day myself when I come home.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:45:01 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2015, 02:44:55 PM »
How about the guy who wants to lynch new players not because they are scummy but because they are new?

Oh right DNA didn't bother to read my posts and he's going off writing huge wrong posts to justify a scummy "lynch new players" mindset because he's misinformed and he's gotta justify his vote he's getting hammered for.

Seems strange that someone completely obsessed over winning wouldn't bother to read the game.
Shalako, you are oversimplifying and hence misrepresenting everything about my post. My argument was that Murrin and you, even if in an ideal world where I assume that you both of you are town, will end up impairing our scumhunt instead of furthering it. This argument is only stronger practically, as in the case any or both of you are scum, we literally have no way of discerning your alignment because you two apparently keep misunderstanding others' intentions such that you are not communicating nor interacting with the rest of the playerbase in a meaningful manner.

Perhaps some other player will be able to find content in your posts. But unlike what you have assumed, I perseonally have skimmed over and hence has read every single one of both of your posts, and I am beyond frustrated that I simply do not find any such meaningful content that warrants a response in them. What I got was alot of unfounded claims, irrelevant questioning over mafia slangs you could've googled yourself that as a sane person I couldn't help but wonder if you are deliberately trying to abuse your newbness to coast the game.

Also, I recall this statement from you. But god forbid if I dig through those empty walls again.
Quote from: Shalako
I have eight years of maf experience
Quote from: Shalako
I deal with your kind of angry townies (referring to DNA) all the time
To be perfectly honest, what I have seen from you aren't the posting style and content I expect from someone who indeed have so much experience and wisdom down his belt. Again, preemptive apology if you do indeed, which is why I have chosen to address you as a newb.

cut by 3

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
You are misrepping me
Like, I say "zakeri's reason for his vote is kind of okay", and you say "you're sheeping Zakeri". Do you see the discrepancy here? :V

But Serela, in your words, "Zakeri's reason for his vote is kind of okay, but the way he constructs it is kind of wonky". Since you have already expressed that you find something wrong in Zakeri's argument, wouldn't you do well to take the next logical step and tell us which part of it you find wrong?

That was my argument, sorry if you consider me using 'sheeping' to be too strong a word and is misrepping you, but I do believe its hardly significant as my intent is clear.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
We got 8.5 hours left, as of this moment I am most willing to lynch Serela for flaky responses and Murrin for falling off the face of the planet when literally multiple players have directly questioned him for a response and hes going no-show.

Obviously, due to his lurker tendencies, I also don't mind a speedwagon on Dormio if that is necessary. The same obviously goes for Shalako, whom I have expressed distaste for.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2015, 03:08:28 PM »
I'd care more about explaining that if I actually was voting/trying to lynch Zakeri, but eh. (Why would I case someone I'm not trying to lynch?) The only reason I'm really considering doing so at this point is lack of other compelling options.

I don't think my responses are flaky but I find yours very unusual as well so I suppose the feeling is just mutual here :3

I'd be mildly interesting in speedwagoning Dormio but it'd feel more like a coinflip than anything else so I'm not really jumping at the opportunity here. It's probably not a great idea.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »
I know dormio was playing Dota2 for one though, so perhaps rehashing this important info will help your decisiom

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2015, 03:32:18 PM »
Roughly 6 hrs 30 mins, I have a meeting, and will probably be unable to wall, will decide on who I want to place a vote later

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »
We're not turbolynching someone just because we forgot that they existed.

Busy now. More later.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »
##Untarget
##Target: Dormio

I think Serela's latest string of posts, WHILE STILL IGNORING ME I AM ANGRY WITH YOU SERELA (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ bespeaks much of effort. I also happen to think Serela's blatant admission of being off this game is fair, considering I'm also dreading reading all the walls. Not inclined to vote DNA, just looks to me like someone putting a lot of effort but not being particularly convincing. I talked it over with SkyPal and we both agree.

I don't like Dormio claiming he's paranoid about DNA, but doing so in an obtuse way. Spouting conspiracy theories and then telling us to disregard is like subtle little nudges of "hey guys, DNA is totes suspicious" but Dormio declines from getting in dirty about it. In fact, while he's "paranoid about DNA being Scum", Dormio has little demonstrable work that shows DNA is or is not scummy at the moment. The only follow-up is that DNA's thought process "reads genuine".

Similarly, I don't like Dormio's case on Murrin. It's not only lazy, it's also nutty. It's entirely possible for Murrin to "see a case for Raitaki misunderstanding" and for Murrin to believe that Raitaki did not misunderstand anything. Dormio's case hinges on the latter being absent, where it's plainly obvious from Murrin's posts and suspicions that at the time at least, he didn't believe Raitaki had misunderstood anything.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »
For clarification, effort equals Town. I think DNA, Shalako and Serela are town-looking at the moment due to the effort they invest, even if I don't necessarily agree that they're headed somewhere good. At the very least, none of their posts have given me rise to think it's scum misdirection.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
WHILE STILL IGNORING ME I AM ANGRY WITH YOU SERELA (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
...but I thought all the stuff you brought up against me had been addressed already in my posts? D: Granted, I didn't really bring you up in them, but!

Kinda tempted to go along with this Dormio thing after all.

Well I'm certainly not voting anyone else right now so sure!

##Vote Dormio

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2015, 04:52:06 PM »

##Unvote
##Vote Dormio

I want to see this happen

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2015, 05:21:25 PM »
Conqureor

this has to be deliberate

Serela, why are you voting Dormio now when you described it as a coinflip just a few posts ago?

I can see why Bard is voting Dormio but I thought the way he waffled on DNA came across as townie myself.

Conq seemed kind of sideliney or something (I'm not sure a proper word to use right now, that might be a wrong and bad one, but there was -something-) that I kind of noted before but there was too little for me to actually be worried about at the time because earlier in d1 stuff

I wouldn't say Conq is staying on the sidelines or anything like that, but I don't feel like he's trying to engage with the game or anything like that. Compare his vote on me here to his Zak vote in NotV2 (I know he was ITP but he was basically a townie with an easier wincon ;_;) which were both lurker votes, he actually seemed to try and get something out of his Zak vote so he could read Zak better, whereas here he just drops the vote because he decided I was scum despite having very little material to read me off of.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
This is my last post for about 6 hours, I'm pretty sure that's over deadline. I am completely unconvinced in your abilities to make a random vanity wagon happen. Didn't Dormio get randomly mislynched last game too? Stop delaying the inevitable and get on the only wagon that exists. I'm not moving my vote and again I won't be back. Make someone fucking claim already so we can get to the lynching part.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2015, 05:38:45 PM »
I honestly, genuinely don't care to RMB why dormio got mislynche'd last game, but if he would rather play Dota2 than make posts other than conspiracy theories I would still lynch him again.

Like I said, I don't mind lynching murrin, but I want to know if we have enough PPL to form a wagon

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »
Deadline is roughly when forum time is 11:22

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »
Serela, why are you voting Dormio now when you described it as a coinflip just a few posts ago?
Wagons in general are extremely uncompelling; runner up would be Zak which I guess I'd be fine with? So, it doesn't take much to make a wagon look alright. I was kinda fencey about whether it was a terrible idea or not, but Bard's case tipped me over. I'd still love an actual Dormio post and I still think it's questionable to lynch him as it is but... considering the ~*~riveting~*~ competition? Sure, I'm for it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2015, 05:51:30 PM »
So, I know this might look hypocritical considering I'm on a new wagon myself, but deadline is in 5 hours and that's serious "consolidate right now" time. I'm not going anywhere, so if I have to move somewhere else to help get a lynch at deadline, so be it, but people who aren't going to be around then need to be careful with where their vote's ending up because no lynches are an abomination.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2015, 05:56:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure that video games > mafia isn't an abnormal thing for Dormio, sadly. Or for me at this point.

I will be around on and off until deadline.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »
Conq's vote on Murrin doesn't actually feel like he's engaging with him and trying to work out his alignment. It feels more like he slapped together a case that he thought was fine and voted without really trying to get anything out of it. He also doesn't really try to get Zak to post more content either, despite calling him out on it, just saying that we can kill lurker slots whenever which feels kind of off. Admittedly this is heavily meta based but yeah.
I wouldn't say Conq is staying on the sidelines or anything like that, but I don't feel like he's trying to engage with the game or anything like that. Compare his vote on me here to his Zak vote in NotV2 (I know he was ITP but he was basically a townie with an easier wincon ;_;) which were both lurker votes, he actually seemed to try and get something out of his Zak vote so he could read Zak better, whereas here he just drops the vote because he decided I was scum despite having very little material to read me off of.
If people think I'm scum because I'm not posting content, it's not like I'm incapable of bullshitting and I don't like how fast the wagon formed on me at all. Serela's vote is basically pressure which is like... okay I guess but Conq's is basically trying to make my disappearance into a massive thing, and his cases have been really weak aside from that (considering Serela was voted just because he wasn't townreading the slot.)
Okay, reading this actually made me pretty mad. If you read that post again I'm pretty sure I made several attempts to engage with Murrin in my vote (not that I always engage with people in my votes anyway, but I do try most of the time), so I'd like to see you get off with the claim what I'm not trying to engage with people before I lynch them! As for Zak, I wasn't going to vote him at the time, so I wasn't going to say "go post more Zak" and the same to the x other people with few posts. Killing lurkers was a response to (I think) darkninja talking about "powerlurkers" when the day just started so I really dislike the way you're taking everything out of context.
My vote on you is a "lurker vote" yes, but it's also a vote because I think you're scum. I went back and looked at my NotV2 Zak vote and the difference there is conviction since Zak was pulling some obvious bullshit, even if he was town, so I could call him out on it. Here you barely posted anything outside of RVS and kept promising a big post that never came. I can't get any "clarifications" out of you because you don't have any posts to clarify!
I dislike you saying "oh my disappearance isn't such a big thing" because it is. I've caught multiple scum in the past trying to put off posts with bullshit excuses like JOB's "I'm washing the dishes but still have time to post about my washing the dishes in mafia." It's fine if people don't have the time to post or don't want to post, but talking about making a post and then repeatedly delaying it to do other stuff is something I see more from mafia than town.
My Serela vote was weak but the main reason I moved it to Serela was because I didn't want to keep it on Murrin anymore and decided trying to get a Serela wagon going would be a good idea until I caught up.

Anyway, was your vote on me the crux of the post you were promising? Why didn't you just post this before you went to bed, or at least the vote?

Will not be switching to Dormio, I've done this too many times and in the end the reason he turbolurks is because he's just too busy. And his few posts don't swing me either way.

Catching up with the rest now.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.