Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 79133 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2015, 06:07:05 AM »
One last thing before I go back to reading.

@mod, is this correct?

Serela (1): SB, Bardiche, Conq
Fixed
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:06:39 AM by NekoNekoRex »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2015, 06:15:54 AM »
Oh, I'm the only one here with a Meta on you Murren? Maybe I shouldn't feed you signals about what your townie tells are, it'll come bite me in the long run  :V
Literally this easy to read murren.

Conqueror

« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2015, 06:21:20 AM »
Okay, I lost my motivation to read immediately because of all the junk walls. So apologies if I missed something.

Shalako, it's 24 hours to deadline, put a vote down so we don't have stupid deadline vote shenanigans. Also, mind explaining why Zak would be your biggest priority, from what I'm reading you're saying that you don't like his vote against DNA? So does that mean you're fine with DNA now as well? Stuff like this is why it's important to keep a vote down because it's hard to tell when you shifted your priorities even if you say why. But yes, DNA tends to be a very "reactive" and "bombastic" player.

Also, lurkers are best axed early so you don't have to deal with them ruining the endgame, but that's a theory discussion.

Also, since I'm gathering that you and Murrin have played together, @Murrin, would you be able to tell if this is town or scum Shalako?

Okay, Raitaki is probably my biggest townread after catching up, for what it's worth. A lot of null reads on my part, but it's D1 so that's to be expected I guess. There are several people who have only really talked about one person so now that we have 24 hours left I'd like them to either speak louder or talk about other people!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2015, 06:21:53 AM »
Cut. So you're saying this is Murren's town meta?

Conqueror

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2015, 06:23:57 AM »
Also I just looked up the meaning of "bombastic" and that's not what meant. "Aggressive" or "showy" is more like it.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2015, 06:36:33 AM »
Due to unexpected work schedule changes, it is unlikely I will be here for Deadline, unless the Cycle happens to end more then an hour early. I will probably have to rely on an extended twilight phase (if you want fluff), or a comod to flip for me.
Just edit the fluff in later if you hurry it or a co-mod posts it. (alternatively instead of being idiots and last minute rushing the lynch we could come to a decision now.. ha ha I know, I crack myself up too.)

The Murrin wagon seems to be falling apart because it was a wagon. This is flipping stupid. His post #130 is full of waffling that could give Serela a run for his money. It also reads like a robot wrote it, and I'm pretty sure the only one with a robot assistant is Bard.

So I agree with what Shadoweh/Zak are saying about Shalako/DNA. DNA is voting for Shalako even though he seems to be putting in a lot of effort. I'm not sure what the case is against Shalako, other than maybe the fact that he's not voting, which isn't a very strong case.

##Unvote
##Target: Darkninjaabc
This is not reasoning that I can imagine a person trying to find scum would actually use. Not to mention citing Dormio as a bastion of sanity. No one could say that with a straight face and mean it. Why on earth are people suddenly spouting town reads, Murrin hasn't done anything that's been cited as the change of mind.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2015, 06:45:20 AM »
The problem with voting me if I don't improve is that I can't possibly improve until Day 2 or 3.
that's not to say you should let me live past day one, that's just to say that day one is one of my major weaknesses.

I admit it's weird that I choose not to sheep a case that I really liked, but part of why my day one play is so weak is because I have to give equal weight and equal doubt to every piece of information I get. My gut feeling was to dismiss the Murrin wagon on the basis that the two main points I've found with it was actually something that I as town was struggling not to do in that very same post. It's no better than a coinflip but it's the choice that made me feel better about and I also believe that a DNA lynch would provide more information than a Murrin one.

« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2015, 06:47:59 AM »

Shalako, it's 24 hours to deadline, put a vote down so we don't have stupid deadline vote shenanigans.
Yea, time to stop playing around ##Vote: Zak
Please remember to use the correct method for targeting ships.
Also, mind explaining why Zak would be your biggest priority,

also I guess Dormio has a point in that Murrin defended Raitaki's vote and then ignored his own defense. Making both of his suspicions forced.

...which makes me think the whole wagon is bunk now all at once. I mean, i could just go an accept the reasoning that his suspicions are forced, but if I did that I would be forcing my own suspicions on him, and I certainly am feeling the pressure to move my vote from Conqueror onto Murrin's wagon. This probably sounds paradoxical, but as town I don't want to force my suspicions and so I'm forgiving Murrin for forcing his suspicions.
Here he states reasons for doubting Murren but clears Murren for poor reasons.
Why would he do that?
Because he's Mafia who knows Murren is town and doesn't want to be involved with it but he has to say something about the Murren wagon.
It is my belief that Shadoweh and Serela are true loyalists to the Rebel Army.
I am keeping my sights on those who speak out against their loyalty.

Because of reasons.
Because of his refusal to answer i'm forced to assume he's white knighting for Shadow/Sereal  because of Seraels s role statement then Shadow defending of Sereal
However regardless of his reasons notice how he hasn't said a word to about of the people who've gone after Shadow and Sereal.
Cleared Shadow after Zek dies since he reveals he knows Serael is town.
from what I'm reading you're saying that you don't like his vote against DNA? So does that mean you're fine with DNA now as well?
Even if I thought DNA was mafia it wouldn't stop me from questioning poor votes.
At this time i'm not willing to guess if DNA is town or Mafia but I don't think his line of attack on me is scummy even if it was poor for reasons i've stated.

Also, since I'm gathering that you and Murrin have played together,
Confirm.

Cut. So you're saying this is Murren's town meta?
Remember when you were new to the game and overly concerned with how others viewed you, how you worried over posts you made and people questioning you? Being angry when people doubted you because you knew you were town? How you'd get caught in a fear spiral that lead to poor posts and flailing that people doubled down on leading to your death as town?

~~
Dormio actually reminds me of myself except the voices in my head are louder and I rather liked his post.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:08:27 AM by NekoNekoRex »

« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »
Cleared Shadow Serael after Zek dies since he reveals he knows Serael is town.

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2015, 07:11:10 AM »
Oh, I'm the only one here with a Meta on you Murren? Maybe I shouldn't feed you signals about what your townie tells are, it'll come bite me in the long run  :V
Literally this easy to read murren.
Sorry, didn't respond because I don't really get what you're asking? 

Also, I know you asked about why I spelled my name Murrin, that's my real name (my last name), "Murrin" was taken on MTF, and I didn't want numbers or symbols or anything in my name, so I just went with Murren instead.

Quote from: Conqueror
Also, since I'm gathering that you and Murrin have played together, @Murrin, would you be able to tell if this is town or scum Shalako?
I've played 2 games with Shalako, in one he was Scum and in another he was Town.  He pretty much posts this way regardless of whether he's Town or Scum.  There is one difference between his play DAY 1 of his Scum game and his play today, but due to the fact that I've only played 1 game with him where he was Scum, I can't use it to justify a strong Town read on him.  Day 1 of the game in which he was Scum, his play was off the wall, no offense Shalako, he went really really really hard against a Townie (basically tunnel visioning) and was acting kind of hysterical.  (After Day 1, his play was more calm and more like his play here).

So I don't know if he's Town or if he's just Scum and decided to play differently.

This is not reasoning that I can imagine a person trying to find scum would actually use.
Wait, I agreed with you on a scumread, so you don't think I was trying to find scum?

Quote from: Shadoweh
Not to mention citing Dormio as a bastion of sanity. No one could say that with a straight face and mean it. Why on earth are people suddenly spouting town reads, Murrin hasn't done anything that's been cited as the change of mind.
Does Shadoweh usually act like this as Town?  This feels kind of like hard tunnel visioning to me, which is basically what Shalako did Day 1 of the game he was Scum.

« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2015, 07:34:26 AM »
Sorry, didn't respond because I don't really get what you're asking? 
I'm defending you bby, just let it happen. Your wagon is entirely because of people attacking the low hanging fruit.

Also, I know you asked about why I spelled my name Murrin, that's my real name (my last name), "Murrin" was taken on MTF, and I didn't want numbers or symbols or anything in my name, so I just went with Murren instead.
Oh i'll try to say Murrin then.
I've played 2 games with Shalako, in one he was Scum and in another he was Town.  He pretty much posts this way regardless of whether he's Town or Scum.  There is one difference between his play DAY 1 of his Scum game and his play today, but due to the fact that I've only played 1 game with him where he was Scum, I can't use it to justify a strong Town read on him.  Day 1 of the game in which he was Scum, his play was off the wall, no offense Shalako, he went really really really hard against a Townie (basically tunnel visioning) and was acting kind of hysterical.  (After Day 1, his play was more calm and more like his play
I've told you my Mafia play is close to my town game right? That game I was masquerading as my Angry-Wrong Town Persona. The goal of that line of attack is to be so obviously stubborn and wrong that people think you are town.
Of course it helps...When people have seen you become the train with no brakes as town and single handily throw games >_>

This feels kind of like hard tunnel visioning to me, which is basically what Shalako did Day 1 of the game he was Scum.
People aren't mafia just for questioning you, you admit you made mistakes, so if they were town they'd question you over them.

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2015, 07:37:37 AM »
##Target WHMZakeri

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
Remember when you were new to the game and overly concerned with how others viewed you, how you worried over posts you made and people questioning you? Being angry when people doubted you because you knew you were town? How you'd get caught in a fear spiral that lead to poor posts and flailing that people doubled down on leading to your death as town?
That's something I could understand but isn't it even more reason to look for a more solid place to vote? Good you could say that his DNA vote was a panic quick shoot but what makes it a town panic and not a scum panic?

Also @Conqueror: What exactly is it that qualified Murrins last votechange as proactive scumhunting?

Now time to look at the other lynch options today:
My second pick after Murrin would be SB. I already said that I found Murrins point against SBs vote and I think that his lack of content so far stands in no reasonable ratio to his at least occasional presence in the game.

I also already said why I'm not interested in a DNA lynch right now.
And even when I have less ground to object on the matter of Zakeri and Serela so do I still have to say that the cases on them doesn't fills me with confidence. I'll vote here if I have to ensure a lynch but that was it already.

PS: I hope that I make it back to the topic at least a hour before deadline but I can't promise it, so in doubt consider me as gone for the rest of the day.^^;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2015, 10:39:53 AM »
Just online. Let's lynch someone.
The Murrin wagon seems to be falling apart because it was a wagon. This is flipping stupid. His post #130 is full of waffling that could give Serela a run for his money. It also reads like a robot wrote it, and I'm pretty sure the only one with a robot assistant is Bard.
This is not reasoning that I can imagine a person trying to find scum would actually use. Not to mention citing Dormio as a bastion of sanity. No one could say that with a straight face and mean it. Why on earth are people suddenly spouting town reads, Murrin hasn't done anything that's been cited as the change of mind.
Shadoweh, the problem with lynching the unskilled players is because they are unskilled. What constitutes for us as normalcy doesn't work for them.

That said however, emotionally, I have no qualms about lynching them in a heartbeat. In order to ensure town can proceed more smoothly and prevent us from falling into apathy, I believe they must die. Sure, it may be true that the new guys have nothing but good intention, but the problem we have right now is that their posts are devoid of any content, and only constitutes as a burden for town. As of current state, if town doesn't lynch them right away, I can already see 3 forseeable problems;

1.They will not help the progression of a lynch, as they cannot post proper
2.They will not be able to cooperate, for they do not listen to others' advice and is therefore incapable to convince others to follow their wagon, however correct it may be.
3.And as such, due to the above reasons, they will not be nightkilled, as they are the epitome of a burden.

And that's only under the assumption they are both town.
Yes, actually, so I think I have thought out pretty thorough about this. I don't want to keep these people here. Discussion on them can and will waste our time, as we all have different standards for newb revaluation and apparently we just can't agree on except perhaps 'effort making people are better' in general.

And also, please do not forget, if any one of those two happen to be scum, that would mean we are even less inclined to lynch them later on when we have flips to discuss and information to actually exchange. I believe that in this game, we already provided ample guidance to them and its enough until the next one. At this stage, I am every bit as eager as Shadoweh to get a lynch on Shalako or Murrin. Perhaps even more than Zakeri, seeing that he responded prompty instead of trying to stall, and this wouldn't be behavior I expect from WHYM "absolutely refuse to acknowledge it until its swept under a rug tomorrow" Keri.

The other reasonable lynches I can see are SB and Serela, again, owning to this specific game meta, lurking is already a fine enough reason. I also very much incline to sheep Conq on the tl;dr argument on SB. And there's that.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
I was writing this thing, then got roped into league games by friends. And then it was 5am. (PS don't try support Sejuani it's fucking awful I hate you Cam.) This is what I had finished yesterday, will catch up on the rest after I eat.

##Unvote
##Vote: Conqueror

Conq's vote on Murrin doesn't actually feel like he's engaging with him and trying to work out his alignment. It feels more like he slapped together a case that he thought was fine and voted without really trying to get anything out of it. He also doesn't really try to get Zak to post more content either, despite calling him out on it, just saying that we can kill lurker slots whenever which feels kind of off. Admittedly this is heavily meta based but yeah.

I don't really think Murrin is scummy anyway because of the way he's been sticking to his guns while coming under fire. I don't really see the playstyle shift as telling either since he said he was gonna try and be different this game during signups iirc? And plus he's doing a lot more than he did in the last game in general so I don't think it's really easy to compare.

Shadoweh's vote on him is also kind of ??? because I think that Murrin explained why he had a mixed opinion on Serela in his post so it feels kind of like she was grasping at straws with her vote. Dormio's was okay I guess.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »
How many hours do we have until deadline? I believe I will be idling for a minimum for 5 hours, while I work on stuff.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:05 AM »
Oh and by idling I mean idling here in the background

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »
Went back and reread SB's vote and am reminded of several things about it that seemed weird, e.g. saying it's weird I only paid attention to a small amount of the post (a short 2 sentence post and when I look back I don't understand any other post he could be referring to) OH WAIT actually he's talking about my second post there, where I just commented on the Bard thing,

Because I keep forgetting to respond to this, I actually meant to say it was weird you responded to one point only in the back and forth walls that spanned multiple posts and didn't seem to give an overall opinion on them. Words are hard.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
Zak's waffle on Murrin looks town and I also thought that he wouldn't drop in with such a blatant non-content post earlier in the game if he was mafia but wasn't sure.

If people think I'm scum because I'm not posting content, it's not like I'm incapable of bullshitting and I don't like how fast the wagon formed on me at all. Serela's vote is basically pressure which is like... okay I guess but Conq's is basically trying to make my disappearance into a massive thing, and his cases have been really weak aside from that (considering Serela was voted just because he wasn't townreading the slot.)

I am getting kind of paranoid that DNA is scum posting walls because he doesn't think anyone will read them but I don't remember how town!DNA plays. Dormio, Raitaki and Shalako also seem townish. Serela is kind of okay now. Dorian feels like they're flying under the radar and their suspicions are also kind of cookie-cutter at this point. I don't really know what to think of Shadoweh overall - I don't like her Murrin case but don't think she's scummy otherwise. I can't read Bard, Skypal please post ;_;

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2015, 11:04:19 AM »
But yeah part of the reason my post took so long is because it kind of sucks to scumread the guy you basically conscripted into joining and I really had no idea how to word my case on him for a while.

A much bigger part is distractions but meh.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »
Shadoweh, the problem with lynching the unskilled players is because they are unskilled. What constitutes for us as normalcy doesn't work for them.
Being a newbie does not give you a magical pass.  It is 100% a newish-scum habit to post absolute nonsense disguised as a read on someone and pray they don't notice that all you did in that post is write off every single thing you posted before that. I do not want to lynch newbies, I want to lynch a flailing scumbag who's getting defended for reasons that have nothing to do with him, in my opinion.
At this stage, I am every bit as eager as Shadoweh to get a lynch on Shalako or Murrin.
Hey don't take my name in vain beside your misguided attempt to lynch Shalako. I already told you to stop voting him, it's definitely not going to happen also he's obvtown.

I woke up briefly so I'll be back in a couple hours before work. If someone can post a votecount since Neko is out I'd appreciate seeing where we stand. As usual we haven't got a main wagon (because the main wagon disintegrated) and haven't even touched the claiming rigamarole. If I were forced to I'd be more inclined to vote DNA then uh, Zak or SB or Serela I guess are the other options? Ew.

Speaking of claiming, Neko told me that even claiming your ship's flavor name is against the rules, the only safe part is the vanilla role name. Try not to get modkilled if you're prone to accidentally telling too much SERELA

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2015, 11:27:10 AM »
Shalako's I need a coffe Battlemap Update
Raitaki (1): , Murrin
Serela (1) Bardiche
Murrin (3): Dorian, Shadoweh, Dormio
Darkninja (1): Zakerei
WHMZakerei (1): Shalako
Shalako (2): Raitaki, DNA
SB (2): Serela, Conq,
Conq (1)SB
A ship can withstand the combined fire of 7 ships before it is destroyed.

T-11.5H

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
Why is everyone getting paranoid over me? This will probably end up hurting me in other games, but here's a declaration. If I roll scum, I don't like playing scum. I would much rather improve the game environment and even as scum, I will still play exactly the same I would as town. Focusing on punishing lurkers, and scumhunt yielding the exact same logic as town. The flaw in this strat is that once in lategame, kills are being set, the super contributive townie doesn't get killed and the only logical conclusion points to me being scum. Therefore, as scum I generally pretend to be horribly misguided but townish, so much that it would only be reasonable for scum to instead let town flail instead of completely killing me off.

The reason why I am making this clear, is because for the better or worse, I am an egocentric player who's confident in my scumreads, and am convicted if I make it to LyLo, I will lynch the correct scums. Also, I am completely obsessed over winning. As town, I can only want town to win even more, but if this paranoia keeps growing, I can predict the backlash being such that even if I make it to D2 or lategame, nobody would listen to me. We all want to appear town regardless of alignment, but now when I am playing as town,  I in particular want to be the shining paragon of towness, one that scum will have no choice but to consider as a kill target eventually. And for that I need people to heed my opinions. Which is my sole motivation as town.

If I remember correctly, my last town game was the one where I got probated, I somehow lost my shit and decided to use fakeclaims on my proxy role, posing as a cop and got a read on every single player and eventually got busted by Bard, and at which point I lost my shit and attacked him way too aggressively, which resulted in my being replaced to chill the hell out. It was after that that I decided to take a long break from mafia, as it was only too obvious it wasn't the type of game for show-and-tell.

But well, I have no idea, but I just ended up lurking the maf threads anyway, and I do get my kicks out of watching this kind of stuff. So I just don't want to let this thing die out, very selfish, I know, so I ended up picking maf back up. And I won't repeat the same mistake, I will devote every fibre of my being to tearing apart any inconsistencies I spot, and town will win.

Whoops sorry for this ended up being too long for no actual reads sorry

cut by 2

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
Being a newbie does not give you a magical pass.  It is 100% a newish-scum habit to post absolute nonsense disguised as a read on someone and pray they don't notice that all you did in that post is write off every single thing you posted before that. I do not want to lynch newbies, I want to lynch a flailing scumbag who's getting defended for reasons that have nothing to do with him, in my opinion.Hey don't take my name in vain beside your misguided attempt to lynch Shalako. I already told you to stop voting him, it's definitely not going to happen also he's obvtown.
I am not trying to write off every single thing I posted. I am not a robot, if I keep advising someone and it doesn't get through, I will get stressed. And when I am stressed enough, I definitely can and will declare 'screw this, I don't care anymore' and drop into apathy mode, or I would flip my shit out, but I am holding back from doing the latter. This isn't me writing off everything else before this, this is me at time X isn't the same person as time Y. And in this case, it is me sufficiently frustrated that I am willing to challenge my initial perspective as the newbs behavior are becoming less and less acceptable as they have failed to improve, and that I am starting to doubt my if it is at all entirely possible to write off their behavior as tryhard town while trying to guide them. Which, as you have stated, could very well be newbie-scum behavior too.

I am every bit as eager to lynch newbs if they interfere with town scumhunting to a sufficient degree, in that case, playing unacceptably bad.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
Right now, am working on dissecting the recent Serela post.

« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
Still reading etc, but who are the two newbs DNA is talking about?
Murren and...?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2015, 11:59:01 AM »
As of the moment I am typing this post, Dormio is playing Dota2, I wonder what we should do with that piece of information

For why I am kind of on the fence about Serela's alignment;
I'unno if it's how wordy all the posts are this d1 or if it's just because it's d1 or what but I haven't been talking because I'm really just not getting anywhere with this. :T Dang BT can't sub until the 25th, that's not happening. It's probably terrible that I considered replacing out for that anyway. Skimming over the posts again.
Admittance on not having read enough, then taking IRL as a shield. Yes, while IRL is indeed a very convincing and difficult to challenge justification to defend against laziness, the obvious solution here is to just call quits. Which you did mention, okay, let's see how this plays out. I remember your declaration here though.

It's funny, because I'm voting Zakeri, who is the person I can relate to the most here, except he's handling it better >:V (or he's scum, but, they're not mutually exclusive situations anyway!)
This is less universal but when I try to state I like a particular argument, I do it while also highlighting which particular point I like, and if, its being challenged enough by someone else, I will try to back it up and elaborate on it. While I do not know how valid Serela considers my response to Zakeri is, I did post right before him, between a votecount, with 2 hours inbetween. I kind of did expect Serela to have had ample time to also substatiate why Zak's points are good and respond to me, which didn't really happen.

I like Murrin's case against SB, but it's awkward because SB supposedly lost a post? However, the thing is, that was like 7 hours ago, and he never posted anything afterwords. Like, I know losing a big post sucks and is horribly demotivating, but if you post literally nothing afterwords, uh. :T If the post was big enough to be awful to lose that means you had plenty to say and surely it wouldn't take that long to rehash -some- of it into something existant.
Bolded is Serela's SB argument, which, only upon this detailed read, is essentially the same point as Conq ( infact, Serela posted before conq), but was just too long for it to be impressionable. But I already stated that I agree with. The problem is something other than that.

I agree with Murrin that his original point against me was weird, in that it was over me asking DNA what he thought about Raitaki's content itself, which is an entirely reasonable and understandable question to ask someone at any given time regardless of what the circumstances may be.

Went back and reread SB's vote and am reminded of several things about it that seemed weird, e.g. saying it's weird I only paid attention to a small amount of the post (a short 2 sentence post and when I look back I don't understand any other post he could be referring to) OH WAIT actually he's talking about my second post there, where I just commented on the Bard thing, okay that's fine, but anyway I still think his case itself was weird and... then there was the post losing shenanigans later.
(if you haven't noticed by now, I'm stream of conscious'ing here because I don't feel like I have anything worth saying in a post otherwise and I'd like to stop looking like I'm trying to post as few words as possible)
Really, really don't like this bolded part, this is basically the same problem I had before with Raitaki's posts, content packed too loosely to be useful. And in this case, Serela is even making cross references to early posts, which only make it more difficult to understand. Regardless, in order to illustrate how exactly ridiculous this is, I have done the work of quoting SB posts for you.

This is SB's post when he tries to catch up.
oh boy you guys did that posting thing again

catching up
The post before that, which SB voted Serela, is this one;
I assumed that the Rebels were the scumteam until I  didn't tl;dr the role pm and realised that there was something in there that made no sense if the Feds were town. The colour wasn't a part of it. I don't even think there'll be a neutral because both 8/3/1 and 9/2/1 are pretty lopsided.

##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

I don't like the way that he deflects DNA's Raitaki vote. I think DNA's vote is valid at this point in the game and the question Serela asked feels kind of like posturing to me, because there was no reason for Serela to ask that question when it wasn't related to DNA's vote. It just seems like he was trying to look like he was being helpful.

Was cut by 9 posts because I had to do other things, will look at those in a sec.
As you may notice from the context already, this is when the SB colour shenanigans was still the topic of discussion, which, given the timestamps between Serela's and this SB Serela case, seems way too far fetched for Serela is seriously use this as an accusation for SB, if anything, this feels forced and seems to me Serela is attempting to create fluff rather than casing properly. SB was a lurker up until the point Serela posted, just a simple acknowledgement he is lurking, and that we don't have better targets to vote would be enough at that point of time. In fact, Serela even immediately acknowledged in the following sentence hes just going along as he types, which seems to only highlight hes too slightly aware his casing is weird. Which I something I need to point out because its looks scummy.

I have stuff to do, will be idling in the background.

« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
He's a new player
Oh right DNA didn't bother to read my posts and he's going off writing huge wrong posts to justify a scummy "lynch new players" mindset because he's misinformed and he's gotta justify his vote he's getting hammered for.

Seems strange that someone completely obsessed over winning wouldn't bother to read the game.

Dear Mr. White please restate your question re Murrin as I didn't understand it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
Admittance on not having read enough, then taking IRL as a shield. Yes, while IRL is indeed a very convincing and difficult to challenge justification to defend against laziness, the obvious solution here is to just call quits. Which you did mention, okay, let's see how this plays out. I remember your declaration here though.
Actually I've gotten basically no hours at work (auuugh my bank account) so I've been here all day for the past few days, I meant I read the thread more than once and I just don't get anywhere. That's why I resorted to stream of consciousness thought barfing on the forum :D SORRY SHALAKO. Apparently Conq actually is into that sort of thing.

This is less universal but when I try to state I like a particular argument
I didn't specifically mean I like his argument; I meant moreso his attitude and how he's handling the game in general, not his opinions on anyone. That being said I did sort of like the reason he ended up voting you but the way he went around constructing his opinions felt kind of wonky.

given the timestamps between Serela's and this SB Serela case, seems way too far fetched for Serela is seriously use this as an accusation for SB, if anything, this feels forced and seems to me Serela is attempting to create fluff rather than casing properly
What? I have literally no idea what you're trying to say here, other than you think my case is bad because of reasons not related to my actual case :S ???????? Timestamps? What does that have to do with anything?

You say it's too hard to understand what I'm talking about when I talk about early posts but you don't even really need to know what the posts are because I typed out what the relevant parts of them were. The rest of the post apart from what I said wasn't really relevant to the subject of the sentence.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2015, 01:46:52 PM »
Oh right, SB posted a lot so I need to go over that again in a minute.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore