Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)  (Read 47299 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 14)
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
>"I'll explain later."
>Take a small bite.
>"Probably... should have done that before. I suppose I owe you an apology, too, for that."

>"Later?" She frowns. "Why not now?"
>You take a bite of your sandwich. Probably in some other headspace you would note that the bread is fresh and savory, the cheese tangy, and the bacon crisp. But right now, it's simply sustenance and you chew it mechanically.
>"I'm not sure I understand," she says. "What's this all about?"

« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
>Glance around. "I'd rather say somewhere less public. It's... personal."

« Reply #362 on: July 25, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »
>Glance around. "I'd rather say somewhere less public. It's... personal."

>"Oh! It's, uh...." Kyouko glances around the room. "Oh."
>You don't get the impression that she really understands, but is very obviously concerned.

« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
>"Sorry, didn't mean to kill the mood."

« Reply #364 on: July 25, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »
>"Sorry, didn't mean to kill the mood."

>"No, it's just- I, um-" After a moment's consternation, Kyouko fills the lack of words with her sandwich.

« Reply #365 on: July 25, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »
>As we eat, ourself, "Getting back on point, that little fall I mentioned earlier did have its upside. I met a very helpful fairy afterwards, and her goat. Have you ever seen a fairy trying to be a knight?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #366 on: July 25, 2015, 02:13:07 PM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #367 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
>As we eat, ourself, "Getting back on point, that little fall I mentioned earlier did have its upside. I met a very helpful fairy afterwards, and her goat. Have you ever seen a fairy trying to be a knight?"

>"Trying to be a knight?" Kyouko offers a smile, but it is a hesitant thing. "I've seen some play-fighting with prop swords before. Though poor Melon Seed was forever losing the pot off her head whenever she tried to thrust. It made a real racket clattering on the ground!"

« Reply #368 on: July 25, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
>"This one was pretty close to the real deal. Worked for that goat house here in town, uh... House..... Help me out here."

« Reply #369 on: July 25, 2015, 02:40:32 PM »
>"This one was pretty close to the real deal. Worked for that goat house here in town, uh... House..... Help me out here."

>She cocks her head to the one side. "House....? Oh, you mean Pardacas?"

« Reply #370 on: July 25, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »
>"That's the one. Anyway, her and her goat helped me find Yuuka's place in good time. Probably saved me a day or so wandering out there. If I have the time, I should drop by her house to see if I can see her again, make sure I thank her again."

« Reply #371 on: July 25, 2015, 03:10:32 PM »
>"That's the one. Anyway, her and her goat helped me find Yuuka's place in good time. Probably saved me a day or so wandering out there. If I have the time, I should drop by her house to see if I can see her again, make sure I thank her again."

>"Her... goat?"

« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2015, 03:31:59 PM »
>Smile. "Being from Pardicas, she opted to have a goat for a companion and steed, rather than a pony." Take a sip of coffee. "Which is more practical, too, goats are more fairy scale."

« Reply #373 on: July 25, 2015, 03:40:23 PM »
>Smile. "Being from Pardicas, she opted to have a goat for a companion and steed, rather than a pony." Take a sip of coffee. "Which is more practical, too, goats are more fairy scale."

>This one draws a genuine giggle from Kyouko; a welcome sight after that somber mode settled over her. "So she was actually riding around on it?"

« Reply #374 on: July 25, 2015, 03:45:37 PM »
>Think. She was, wasn't she, yes she was.
>"Oh yes. They made a fine pair."

« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »
>Think. She was, wasn't she, yes she was.
>"Oh yes. They made a fine pair."

>Another giggle. "That sounds kinda cute. Was she dressing the part, too?"

« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
>"She had the helmet part down, and a lance, but she was missing the full on armor."
>Laugh. "Which she could probably have swum in, so that probably worked out better for her."

« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »
>"She had the helmet part down, and a lance, but she was missing the full on armor."
>Laugh. "Which she could probably have swum in, so that probably worked out better for her."

>"Aww, that sounds adorable. And she actually helped you find that garden you were looking for?"

« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »
>"Uh huh. Pretty much led me right to it. I was close, but she still saved me a fair bit of walking."

« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
>"Uh huh. Pretty much led me right to it. I was close, but she still saved me a fair bit of walking."

>"That sounds awfully helpful of her. Hmmm... I wonder how she knew where it was, if all those Seekers didn't?" She takes another sip of her drink then pauses with a thoughtful expression. "Can fairies be Seekers?"

« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »
>Presumably they can, I don't think there's a law against it. But do we recall any off the top of our heads?

« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »
>Presumably they can, I don't think there's a law against it. But do we recall any off the top of our heads?

>You don't think there are any particular rules against it, but completing the training program is a non-trivial task, involving years of study and practice, and no small amount of cunning. Failing to become fully certified is not at all uncommon. You don't know of any fairies that have even seriously attempted it.

« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »
>Come to think of it, how DID Fearless know it was there again? Did she say?

« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »
>Come to think of it, how DID Fearless know it was there again? Did she say?

>You get the impression she spotted it from a distance at some point earlier in her wanderings, while looking for that... Overgoat thing.

« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
>"I suppose they could. I just haven't met one that had the 'stick-to-it-iveness' to earn their stripes. Well, not yet, anyway. For all I know, Honeysuckle's past basic training by now, she was a determined little thing."

« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »
>"I suppose they could. I just haven't met one that had the 'stick-to-it-iveness' to earn their stripes. Well, not yet, anyway. For all I know, Honeysuckle's past basic training by now, she was a determined little thing."

>Kyouko giggles. "Well, I just suppose you'll have to see, once you get back."

« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2015, 05:34:47 PM »
>Let's see if we can keep a straight face. "And I'm looking forward to it, too."
>And then have the rest of lunch.

« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
>Let's see if we can keep a straight face. "And I'm looking forward to it, too."
>And then have the rest of lunch.

>Kyouko smiles. It's not a lie that you're looking for to going home, is it? Even if you... don't.
>Pushing that aside, you apply yourself to your meal. The coffee isn't much more palatable for all the milk and sugar you dump into it, and you're not even sure it helps with your energy levels, but the sandwich is nice at least. You and Kyouko exchange more idle chatter; she manages to go on at some length about a theatrical performance she saw recently, which at least frees you up from having to gloss over more uncomfortable topics. Though even as things as pleasant and superficial, there is still that air of subtle disquiet to the conversation - those fleeting glances at your cheek, the way her smiles seem to light up her face less wholly than you remember - as if everyone were avoiding talking about the elephant in the room. You suppose they are.
>Kyouko finishes her sandwich before you, orders a flaky cherry pastry to follow it, and is nearly finished that by the time you polish off the last of your own meal; your appetite feels rather muted, somehow. Can't imagine why.

« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »
>Presuming that we are satisfied in appetive, we can then replace our scarf.

« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »
>Presuming that we are satisfied in appetive, we can then replace our scarf.

>You adjust your scarf to hide the blight again. Kyouko frowns pensively.