Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 2  (Read 60143 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 2
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2015, 05:29:56 AM »
>Reisen, hit her shield from the other side. She's reinforcing where we're striking.

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2015, 05:51:55 AM »
>Reisen, hit her shield from the other side. She's reinforcing where we're striking.

>Yeah, okay... Reisen replies, sounding oddly pained. A glance in her direction shows that she holding her head with her free hand, as though she had a splitting headache. After a moment, though, she raises her sword once more and discharges a green and white beam of energy, striking the dome.
>Meanwhile, Lily, whom you notice has a couple of pieces of fabric torn off her dress that she didn't before, brings up another Leaf Shield. "Hit me, Lotus!"

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2015, 05:56:12 AM »
>Give her shield a nice toasty Vermillion Lotus!
>And then turn our fire back to the shield again

« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »
>Give her shield a nice toasty Vermillion Lotus!
>And then turn our fire back to the shield again

>Pausing your attack briefly, you turn your scepter towards Lily. Even with her sheild up and for the purpose of aiding her offense, the idea of firing on the energetic little blonde is not a welcome one. But you shake it off and give her shield a dose of Vermillion light, turning her leaves a bright cherry red with the fire elemental energy.
>And then promptly turn your attention, and your fire, back to the dome of water, syncing your target with Rin's yet again. Lily takes to wing and side-flutters to your right, taking up position about halfway between you and Reisen, when you hear Patchouli yell, "You didn't expect them to care, did you? They're not afraid. They just don't care about your lives, or anyone elses'."

« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
>"Even if you're right, that isn't cause to murder them! If every wrong is redressed with another wrong, soon enough the whole world will be wounded. Hate breeds only hate!"

« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »
>"Even if you're right, that isn't cause to murder them! If every wrong is redressed with another wrong, soon enough the whole world will be wounded. Hate breeds only hate!"

>"Oh, I don't know." the Avatar replies dangerously. "I sort of hate you right now, but I'm willing to put that aside if you want my help convincing them to open their door. I know just how to do it, too."
>"No, thanks." Lily answers boldly, and hurls her shield at Patchouli's dome. The glowing red leaves pass right through the turbulent water's surface, and you hear the distinct thud sound that Lily's shiled makes when it hits something, accompanied by a very uncomfortable noise from the magus within. Who doesn't stay within for long. The force of the impact knocks her clear out of her dome, hitting the ground on her back a couple of feet beyond its edge. Weirdly, unlike her geyser, the dome does not disappear when the Avatar loses concentration, it stays firmly intact.
>You take a moment to cease fire and recuperate. It's as well you didn't have to sustain fire against that thing for too much longer.

« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2015, 08:12:36 AM »
>So, do we think we'll need a few moments before being able to fire again, now that she's presenting a more open target for the moment?

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2015, 08:47:49 AM »
>So, do we think we'll need a few moments before being able to fire again, now that she's presenting a more open target for the moment?

>No, you're good now. You're just pleased she landed on her back, rather than forming another kind of attack after Lily struck her.

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2015, 08:52:06 AM »
>Then let's not waste any possible opening here, and fire a Scarlet Lotus down at her

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2015, 06:06:27 AM »
>Then let's not waste any possible opening here, and fire a Scarlet Lotus down at her

>As the Avatar of Water starts to sit up, you unload your primary offensive spell upon her. Bracing herself with her sword to get back to her feet, Patchouli is too busy scowling in the direction of Lily to notice your Scarlet Lotus before it strikes her. And she doesn't like it one bit, judging from her pained yell and jerking reaction. After a moment's pummeling, she manages to wave her hand, and a thick tendril of water extends itself from the water globe, intercepting your Scarlet light before it does anymore damage to her.
>"So you want fire?" the Avatar growls. "I'll give you fire."[/b] Patchouli fires a reddish burst of power into her dome of water, which, with a roar, catches fire. Paradoxically, the water itself appears to burn, a sea-green and blue inferno that gives off a terrible sulfurous reek. That in and of itself might have been bad enough, but the burning dome then expands outward like a balloon being filled by an industrial fan, and while it seems to pass over Patchouli herself harmlessly, you're quite certain it won't be nearly as benign if it hits you.

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:45 AM »
>We could outrun its expansion by flying up again, yes?
>Are any of us in a position where it looks like we'd be in danger of not being able to do that? Reisen maybe?

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »
>We could outrun its expansion by flying up again, yes?
>Are any of us in a position where it looks like we'd be in danger of not being able to do that? Reisen maybe?

>You actually don't think so. Its rate of growth and expansion is considerable, and your flight speed is not extreme. You're not confidant you can outrun it entirely.
>Reisen is on the ground, and Lily is not far above it. Neither of them have a chance of outrunning the burning water. Lily's Leaf Shield has proved to be a sturdy defense, and you think she has time to activate it, so she should be okay. Reisen, though, is an unknown. You don't know what powers this Saber form of hers has. Presumably, she'd have to have at least some kind of defensive ability, but you don't know what it is, or how effective it might be.

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2015, 10:03:27 PM »
>Retreat from the wave to buy ourselves a small amount of time to react
>While doing so, fire an Amber Lotus in hopes of disrupting a large enough patch of the fiery dome in front of us for us to avoid damage from it
>If this also is ineffective, bunker down with Sapphire Lotus as best we can

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2015, 05:32:23 AM »
>Retreat from the wave to buy ourselves a small amount of time to react
>While doing so, fire an Amber Lotus in hopes of disrupting a large enough patch of the fiery dome in front of us for us to avoid damage from it
>If this also is ineffective, bunker down with Sapphire Lotus as best we can

>Backpeddling a little bit to give you some to prepare your counterattack, you level your scepter at the growing wall of burning water and unleash your Amber Light upon it. The golden glow of your light spreads through about a quarter of the done. The fire dims and the water thins, but neither vanish completely. As you noted with Elis' thundercloud, your Amber Light is able to blunt the enemy weapons' power, but not defeat it completely.
>But that does mean your Sapphire Lotus will have a much easier time coping with the firewater, and you deploy it with confidence. And with little enough time to spare as well, as the burning water strikes your shield but a moment later. Even the diffused force makes you grunt with the impact, and the simultaneous sensation of hot and cold translated by the firewater through your Lotus is a bizarre one, and not one you'd care to experience altogether often. But the combination of your Amber and Sapphire light results in the flaming water passing by either side of you relatively harmlessly.

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2015, 06:35:36 AM »
>Does this mean that we're now on the inside of the dome, and have an open shot at Patchouli again?
>Can we see how any of our other comrades fared?

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
>Does this mean that we're now on the inside of the dome, and have an open shot at Patchouli again?
>Can we see how any of our other comrades fared?

>You have a clear sight of her yes. Since she's back on her feet and her sword is raised, 'open shot' may be a bit optimistic. But at least she doesn't appear to be looking at you.
>You can see both Lily and Poppy. Lily is on one knee, the small burns on patches of her skin dripping water, and a pained expression on her face. Obviously her shield wasn't quite enough to absorb the impact of the firewater. Reisen, on the other hand, seems unharmed, or at least there are no visible burns on her.  She is presently sprinting towards the wounded Lily.
>Of White Rose, there is no sign.

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
>To Rin: Are you alright?

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2015, 09:42:52 AM »
>To Rin: Are you alright?

>Fast fire. I'm okay, but I think I gotta try to stop it from growing, or it might hit the house. You okay?

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »
>I'm fine. Reisen also. Lily's a bit injured, but I think she'll be okay.
>Maybe if we hit Patchouli herself with an Amber Lotus, it could disrupt the flame dome's growth. Try it!

« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
>I'm fine. Reisen also. Lily's a bit injured, but I think she'll be okay.
>Maybe if we hit Patchouli herself with an Amber Lotus, it could disrupt the flame dome's growth. Try it!

>Understood.
>Hitting upon an idea, you raise your scepter again, but just before you can bring the thing in line with Patchouli, the Avatar of Water discharges a beam of black from her sword at Lily, and even though you know Lily can get off the ground in flight in a hurry, you don't think she can do it before the Avatar's beam strikes home.
>But then Reisen is there, shouting her defiance at Patchouli, and catches the oily black beam on her upraises sword. The blast splashes against Poppy's shiny sword like a water balloon full of oil and tar, and the force of the impact takes Reisen clean off her feet as the rabbit screams, catching Lily in the legs as the blonde tries to fly away from the shot. This collision knocks Lily off balance and spins her in midair, and both women end up hitting the ground, but worse is the black energy that plays out over Reisen's body.

>Eager not to let Patchouli fire another shot, you quickly launch your own attack at her, and with her attention on your groundbound comrades, she is unable to block your attack, and your Amber light surrounds her. It is now her time to yell, not as pained as Reisen's, but she's plainly uncomfortable. The expanding wall of burning water flickers and slows as you'd hoped, but what you don't expect is a similar flicker from the Avatar's oily sword. From behind you, closer to the Knowledge manor, you hear a new sound of flame and the sound of a crashing wave, as Rin's white fire penetrates the dome. With its structure now weakened and compromised, and Patchouli herself under siege from you, the dome disintegrates, leaving behind a field of scorched grass, seared tiles and pavement, and one slightly burned Lily White.

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2015, 08:00:04 AM »
>Is that black energy still present on Reisen?

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2015, 08:03:38 AM »
>Is that black energy still present on Reisen?

>Affirmative, though it does seem to be fading.

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2015, 08:14:27 AM »
>Let's see if a Violet Lotus can cleanse that unsettling energy away from Reisen

« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2015, 11:52:34 PM »
>Let's see if a Violet Lotus can cleanse that unsettling energy away from Reisen

>Despite the black power seeming to fade, Reisen's pained expression clearly shows that it's still doing harm, so you resolve to do something about it. And that something finds its form in your Violet light. The violet energy washes over the sprawled rabbit, taking the inky blackness away with it. But through your Violet Light, you sense something within the purple-haired rabbit. A sense of guilt that seems to run all the way through her, a profound sense of pain so deep-set that you almost flinch away from the sensation.
>As you take the opportunity to dispel the dark energy damaging Reisen, Patchouli takes advantage of her own opportunity, and slashes her sword down, cutting through your Amber Light and causing it to dissipate. Lily, meanwhile, is pulling herself back to her feet, and Rin, you hear, is flying back up to join the battle.
>For the moment, neither side attacks. A brief pause in the hostilities, into which Patchouli speaks. "You're all strong. But you can't win. My reclamation of my Avatar powers has given me the full sorcerous might of the Knowledge clan, in addition to the powers inherent to my now complete heart. I have given you a taste. You can still flee, before I unleash worse upon you." Despite her boasts, you can't help but notice that Patchouli's voice doesn't sound quite as strong as it did before, she doesn't appear to be standing up completely straight. The four of you may be hurt and winded, but she's tiring too.

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2015, 02:17:41 AM »
>"And upon Reisen, too? Even if you still think she's being manipulated, the harm you've inflicted upon her is genuine."
>Is everyone alright?

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2015, 04:54:12 AM »
>"And upon Reisen, too? Even if you still think she's being manipulated, the harm you've inflicted upon her is genuine."
>Is everyone alright?

>"The choice was made."
>White Rose replies quickly, Still good.
>Lily and Poppy, on the other hand, are not as quick to respond. Lily, wincing visibly, mutters an Okay for now.
>Poppy, on the other hand, groans and sits up, and replies with I think so.

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2015, 05:00:56 AM »
>For all her words, she is wearying also - would she even have suggested we flee if she was still so confident in overpowering us?

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2015, 05:02:19 AM »
>For all her words, she is wearying also - would she even have suggested we flee if she was still so confident in overpowering us?

>Or maybe she's starting to think she doesn't really want to fight us after all. Reisen offers. Look at her, she doesn't have the same kind of anger she did before.
>She could be right. White Rose adds. Maybe we're workin' the rage outta her?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:51:13 AM by Wildsour »

« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2015, 05:56:48 AM »
>It would be nice if that were so, but we cannot stand down yet.
>"Choices can be unmade; none of us are bound to follow a path to its end just because of the first steps we took upon it."

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2015, 06:19:25 AM »
>It would be nice if that were so, but we cannot stand down yet.
>"Choices can be unmade; none of us are bound to follow a path to its end just because of the first steps we took upon it."

>"Do you always take such a half-hearted approach to your fights?" the Avatar replies. "If you don't have the conviction to see this through, then get out of my way, and stop wasting both of our times."