Author Topic: World of Warships: World of Tanks on Water  (Read 7044 times)

PX

• School Idol?
World of Warships: World of Tanks on Water
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:02:11 AM »
KONGOU DESU

Got this off the humble bundle for e3, anyone else playing it? It's pretty fun, and I'm just about to get Kawachi to head towards unlocking Kongou (Although it's actually Hiei, those bastards). PX_ on NA servers
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:38:35 AM by PX »

Bio

• resident walker
Re: World of Warships: World of Tanks on Water
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:23:35 AM »
Oh you can get a CB key from Humble? Let me just do that right now.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:38:23 AM »
Yep, same here! Raitaki on NA, just started though, and due to being distracted by work and RP I haven't actually gotten to play much. Just barely got Umikaze.

Gotta work out how damage works quick. Just had a t2 cruiser somehow eat 15k+ hp with one shot ; v;
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 05:36:37 AM »
Ah, NA key only. Goodbye ping.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
Playing on both NA (from HB) and Asia (Gremyaschiy preorder a month or so ago) servers. IGN's Scurry5 on both.

I mainly play destroyers. They're fun and effective at lower tiers, but IJN ones take a dive at T6 onwards. USN ones remain fun for gunnery mayhem.

Cruisers are all-around okay. I don't touch battleships due to my habit of spraying-and-praying. Aircraft carriers are......different, but woe betide you if you're even one tier behind another.

At low-tier, watch out for St Louises - kings of DPM, albeit slow. Good targets for torps.

Watch out for Clevelands and Minekazes at mid-tier. One spams gunfire like you wouldn't believe, the other does the same with torps.

If you want a streamer to watch, iChaseGaming is pretty good.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 03:47:54 PM »
Shardmind on NA here. I play Battleships and Carriers, and can always give some pointers. My favourite ship is the Kongou. Haven't gotten the US Battleships yet, just playing Kongou whenever I feel like WoWs.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 12:05:50 AM »
Just got Kongou. Major improvement over the Myogi, my god

Also I watched a few of Chase's videos, they definitely helped. Playing a lot better than before

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 01:07:23 AM »
Soo got to tier 4 (Isokaze) and BB line (Kawachi). Beta exp rates(?) OP.

Destroyers are fun! Betting my life on a sneak attack feels great when it works, except for occasionally when I sneak by an island and suddenly an enemy DD is here and they follow me all day lighting me up for the entire enemy fleet >:C DD slapfights near shore lines are hilarious, one tiny patch of sea like 500 square meters wide, four DDs enter, only one comes out alive. Where running aground becomes a gambit.

Battleships (just the Kawachi for now, really) takes some getting used to. Finding a good place to be that strikes a good balance of not making you in the line of fire of everyone, ever and not taking the entire match to get to is hard. Though when the time comes to start punching things with artillery, it's great! Citadel hits are obscenely strong (I think it's like an AP shot to the lower center of the hull?), and apparently not many people ever expect me just turning my Kawachi around and pounding them with my other guns while the first four are reloading :V

Cruisers are nice most of the time, juking torpedoes and shots feels good until a BB shows up to wreck the fun. Just got Tenryuu as my first cruiser with torpedo, and multitasking both weapon types is hard.

Carriers don't look terribly exciting, but worth a shot I guess. I just hope it doesn't net me the same amount of appreciation as a WoT arty player. People are already complaining furiously about torpedo bombers when they do mediocre damage and can't land like more than one torp per salvo if you pay attention - v-
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:53:32 AM by Raitaki »
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 01:29:53 AM »
You don't get the real BB experience until you get Kongou. Then it's all about raining hell from long distances. Just don't go charging in expecting to take on 3 cruisers at the same time. Also, you'll be really succeptable to torpedo bombers since your turning rate is practically nonexistent. Myogi is just suffering, 3 cannons no AA pretty slow and large

DDs are fun, just takes a bit getting used to.

For Citadel hits, it's near the water line right below where the smokestacks are for those. Other critical spots are below the artillery where the magazines are, and the back where the engine is. Those are where you want to aim with AP for critical damage

Cruisers are just fun though, running around everywhere spamming shots everywhere

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 05:06:37 AM »
Kawachi and Myogi are suffering. Lucky exp gain is boosted during CB.

I almost never got citadel pens for a while and then I used the Wyoming and now everything is a citadel pen.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 06:41:36 AM »
Kawachi was not bad! Alternating turrets helps quite decently, with both fire rate and evasion. Gonna get Myougi soon.

Got Houshou, carriers are...okay, I guess? Trying to figure out how to manually do torpedo bombing runs. Fighters are unexpectedly powerful, I just mostly let my single fighter squadron do whatever and occasionally right click a torpedo bomber squad and they net me 10 aircraft kills :V

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
Kawachi and Myogi are suffering. Lucky exp gain is boosted during CB.

I almost never got citadel pens for a while and then I used the Wyoming and now everything is a citadel pen.

Be aware though that there's gonna be a reset for Open Beta, so you will have to do it over.......without the exp gain.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 01:18:45 PM »
Low tier is such a mess with no one having any AA.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »
AA only works well when people stick together anyways so it doesn't matter

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 01:27:38 AM »
that feel when I launch torps at a cruiser at the edge of my torp range and it hit both him and one of his buddies coming from the opposite direction annihilating 95% their collective health

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 02:53:42 AM »
that feel when I launch torps at a cruiser at the edge of my torp range and it hit both him and one of his buddies coming from the opposite direction annihilating 95% their collective health

Tfw I launch torps at a cruiser at the edge of my torp range and it kills Raitaki :V

E:

Send help D:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:27:10 PM by PX »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 01:51:56 AM »
ayy PX hook me up with that dank weed

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 04:28:37 AM »
Oh these are actual mods.

Yadogari

• Hieda no Akyu of Shrinemaiden
  • Resident Jackass
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 05:32:59 AM »
Your mods disgust me PX.

DD master race

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 08:07:56 AM »
Your mods disgust me PX.

DD master race

Please, I'm currently splicing 3 different Kongou mods to combine the best of them all :V

Also BB master race

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »
USS Iowa - 920m turn radius 31.1 s rudder shift
It's not common knowledge, but the USS Iowa doesn't turn. In fact it stays still and lets the earth turn under it.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 10:02:27 AM »
I was looking forward to playing this again as a returning participant from the earlier phase of the CBT, but then I read on another forum that the credits and exp costs of ships past tier 4 have been doubled with the latest patch even though its still CBT and that Kitakami got removed.

RIP KTKM. A lazily maneuvering barge of torpedoes is more unbalanced than a high-end US carrier with its approximate strike capability of a Strategic Air Command nuclear strike force, apparently.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:34 AM »
KTKM is still in.

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
She's still there, but when this new 0.4.0 patch rolls out with the start of the OBT, not anymore.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »
Seems most people feel that KTKM is weaker than it should be rather.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
0.4.0 is out, and the wipe has happened. OBT should be soon

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 06:33:47 PM »

I kept procrastinating on touching the premiums since they're A TOOL OF THE FILTHY BOURGEOISIE. But then I finally got around to playing one match of the Murmansk. It was amazing. The number one best ship for objective control I've seen so far. Never let a Murmansk sneak into your spawn, kids.

Seriously, 14.8km arty range, slow projectile speed, on like 6s reload. So good. Granted, it doesn't pen often, and even if it does the dmg is not great. But still, really good for module/fire dmg, and for resetting cap. You can shoot over ENTIRE ISLANDS. The other team rushed to our cap and stayed there long enough to cap us thrice over. But nope. Murmansk, slinging cap-disrupting shells all the way from the other spawn, while also dueling two cruisers with torpedoes within their torpedo range, any time you need me. The only problem is I appear to only be good at torpedoing at close-enough-to-hug destroyer ranges. Whiffed absolutely all of the torps this round. Or maybe it was the Murmansk's extra-wide torp spread. Dunno. Sure helped extend my survival by forcing the cruisers I was dueling to turn and get T-crossed, though.

Bardiche

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »
USS Arkansas is disappointing but will use it to be smug about CBT tester status.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 10:02:21 AM »

Bardiche

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »

Nevermind, Arkansas is fine, just takes a bit more finesse than I expected.