Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227220 times)

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!
« Reply #990 on: May 10, 2016, 01:55:06 PM »
So let me run down E-4 for you all...

E-4 Land Based Sqaudrons: How life can be made eaiser....

If this event has taught me anything, it's that to expect the new mechanic to be introduced into a way that will make things more interesting...

So with the Airfeild finally built we managed to now make use of our "Land Based Air Squadrons"

The basic of this squadron is as follows:

When you reach E-4 you'll need to orgainze a fleet along with a land based air squad to help you out during the operation.

The Land based Squadron will mainly use carrier based planes and Land Attackers that you can use to help you in the fight in the upcoming area.

So an important thing to note regarding this is that when you select plane to use for your land based fleet, be sure to choose carefully as placing one in your land based Air Squadron slot will take out some bauxite in order for your squad to be able to use said planes.

All Land based planes will have a few new things stats tossed in for good measure, such as "distance" which mainly shows how much your planes can cover in the feild. Planes that can travel farther will be able to aid you more efficiently as you go deeper into the boss node

I decided for this operation to use the Carrier Task Force which would take me up the northern route point and head east.

The fleet I used was as followed:

Fleet 1: Kongou, Haruna, Kako (replaced later with Unnryuu), Furutaka, Amagi, Katsuragi
Fleet 2: Yahagi, Isokaze, Asashimo, Zara (later replaced with Kako), Kiso and Hatsushimo

You will mainly go and fight off fight against fleets that will mainly consists of Nu-class CLs and Tsu-class Eilites at every node so you know what to expect for each node (be prepared to have lots of planes get downed.)

But to highlight each node you go as you go east:

First node has nothing threatening to it outside the nu-class and Tsu-class everything else is pretty standard.

Second Node is a Wo-class Kai with mix or red Takoyaki set, so expect it to be intense, but with 3 carriers with high amounts of expertise in both bombers and fighters should minimize damage.

Third node is the most important node: You fight against a Carrier Hime in that node. If you choose to sent your air squadron on a sortie, you'll get to choose 2 nodes you want that squadron to attack. Concentrate your fighter squadron on this node. Doing so will result in your fighter planes coming in and plowing down the hime's planes and by the time you get to the Ariel phase your carriers should be able to minimize the damage or down right eliminate the hime's bombers all together rendering her completely defenseless! She can sometimes appear in echlon or line abreast, which is an odd formation for a carrier team to do, but this actually improves the enemy carrier's accuracy but she's powerful enough at that state to accept this gamble to have a higher chance to land that hit on you. SO again taking out as many of her planes is a must.

Once you get through that you go through the boss node.

The boss node, you get to revisit a previous boss from last event:

The Heavy Cruiser Hime

This time, the Heavy Cruiser Hime has no carriers in her sqaudron, which will mean the fight will be very easy. Since you'll be in air supremacy at all times.
All she has is some late model eilite DDs, a Tsu-class CL Elite, and 2 Ne-class Elites.

As noted in my runs, I used a rather weak fleet in my original runs and was able to take her down, but decided to bring in 1 more carrier and remove Zara (since she's poor in accuracy) and move Kako there. This made life a whole lot easier.

Boss Support is probably recommended if the Heavy Cruiser Hime is giving you trouble, especially in final kill.

Final kill mainly just switches up the DD lineup with more powerful ones, especially in the boss node itself, so not too threatening, but taking out the Elite Late Model Ha-class DDs might be a must. Outside of that damaging and taking down the hime should be hard if your fleet is strong enough or you have a DD geared with torpedo cut-ins.

Kiso bagged the kill, and that was it!

This wasn't a hard challenge at all and only blew through about 10k in ammo and fuel.

So with that I was rewarded with: 2x Irako, x1 Type 1 Land Attacker,  a skilled pilot, and a Type 3 Interceptor

And with that the main Operation is now over...

4 stages down / 3 more to go! And the worst is yet to come....

Currently I've been recovering resources before diving into E-5 and E-6 because the next few fights will be the most intense.

The most far part is that as of today the Kancolle Dev Team has decided to drop the bomb on how to effectivelty fight the E-6 boss!
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/729832644213530624

The basic notes is this, the Central Hime DOES have a debuff gimmick. The Gimmick itself takes place over the next two area maps E-5 and E-6.

For E-5 you need to reach the Air Raid Node and then successfully evade Lycoris Hime's Air raid and score an S-rank.

On E-6 you will need to do the following steps:
1. Score an S-rank on Node A (which consist of enemy subs)
2. Score an S-rank at Node G (which has a destroyer Hime)
3. Score an S-rank on Node L (Which has a Destroyer Water Demon and a Carrier Hime)

Completing 2/4 condition will trigger the debuff
However, to trigger the debuff in full, you will need to complete all 4 of these objectives!
Doing so will result in a chance in Central Hime's dialogue which will indicate that you have unlocked her debuff.

This can result in your fleet's plane squadron possibly obliterating the Central Hime before the real fight even begins! Best part is, The debuff is permanent for the remainder of the event!

Which should make life alot eaiser for E-6 once you get that far, also this is the first time a map outside of the boss you encouter her in will contribute to the debuffing process.

Also the Dev have revealed other factors which will be taking place soon.

There will be a quick emergency maintenance on 5/13 which will be taking place to do the following:

1. Fix Land Based Planes rank leveling as they are not ranking properly.

2.Fix all the new Kanmusus max stats as of current, the max stats of all the new kanmusus have will continue to go up past thier original max stats which is not what was intended.

3. Fix Marriage images of new kanmusus as they don't display properly.

4. Fix Pola Kai so she can use Seaplane fighters.

5. Improve Oyashio's Drop rate

So yeah there's a lot that will be happening soon so please take this maintenance into consideration for your plans for the upcoming maps which while they are manageable in thier current form, it doesn't hurt to improve your chances in the fight.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #991 on: May 11, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »
So the wiki says support shelling is effected by Crossing the T disadvantage.

If I equip a Saiun on one of my supporting CVL, will Crossing the T still effect it? What about Saiuns in my main fleet?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:20:15 PM by Rotten »

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #992 on: May 11, 2016, 05:17:02 PM »
I think you need saiuns in your main fleet. Having them in your support fleets shouldn't prevent red-t.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #993 on: May 12, 2016, 01:18:22 AM »
I hate E-5 so much
If ANYTHING happens on the way to the boss node, the run fails
And there's so much that can happen

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #994 on: May 12, 2016, 01:36:56 AM »
I hate E-5 so much
If ANYTHING happens on the way to the boss node, the run fails
And there's so much that can happen
I find myself having to full sparkle before making any attempts. At least I'm making progress.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #995 on: May 12, 2016, 02:18:40 AM »
I find myself having to full sparkle before making any attempts. At least I'm making progress.
I had to do that for my E-5 runs... it sucked but was worth it in the end.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #996 on: May 12, 2016, 02:21:56 AM »
So! I did some debuffing prior to my first actual sortie against Central Hime at E-6 on Easy.

The opening airstrike critted her for 662 damage.

She has 600 HP.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #997 on: May 12, 2016, 02:38:35 AM »
So! I did some debuffing prior to my first actual sortie against Central Hime at E-6 on Easy.

She has 600 HP.
LOL WTF XD

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #998 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:55 AM »
LOL WTF XD
At the very least, I now firmly believe that the screenshots on the wiki hitting Central Hime for even more damage aren't photoshopped, haha.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #999 on: May 12, 2016, 03:07:45 AM »
At the very least, I now firmly believe that the screenshots on the wiki hitting Central Hime for even more damage aren't photoshopped, haha.
Oh trust me I saw a few streams doing 1k damage on Central Hime.... it was shit pants scary.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #1000 on: May 12, 2016, 05:27:43 AM »
Cleared E-5 easy recently with an extra Akashi drop. Those Wurfs with sparkle are essential. Taking a little break to build up resources again.

She has 600 HP.

True to actual history, air power is OP.

Totaku

« Reply #1001 on: May 12, 2016, 06:41:21 AM »
Time for to resume streaming, tonight I do E-5

Kancolle Event Stream E-5 Romantic Battle in the Lycoris FlowerFeild https://www.twitch.tv/totaku2
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1002 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »
Cleared E-5 easy recently with an extra Akashi drop. Those Wurfs with sparkle are essential. Taking a little break to build up resources again.

True to actual history, air power is OP.
It's a shame I wasn't able to do it the second time, haha. Almost had her, but we fell just a bit short.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #1003 on: May 12, 2016, 08:43:17 PM »
While we're on the subject of hitting Central Hime, I got her for 561.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1004 on: May 12, 2016, 10:08:44 PM »
While we're on the subject of hitting Central Hime, I got her for 561.

Ahahaha, nice. I attempted E-6-L, but decided to just ignore it after I got an A Rank after a less than satisfying run at it. I'm assuming that Node I on E-5's debuff just carried over from the few times I dealt with it during E-5 though.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #1005 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:23 AM »
I have to go to the Philippines tomorrow, and I won't be able to play KanColle again until May 24. Therefore, I chose to dial down the difficulty to Normal Mode for the remainder of the event. Fortunately, the debuff does not wear off.

I tried to get my first Normal Mode kill of Central Hime before the maintenance, and it took only one try, setting a new "Let's wreck Central Hime" record of 693. It felt so much easier without the Double Dysons. The debuff does not wear off when you switch difficulty either. In theory you could debuff on Easy Mode and benefit from it on Hard Mode.

It sucks to not get my hands on that Nonaka Squadron plane, but I need to maximize my chances of finishing the event, and I'll only have 6 days for E-6 and E-7 when I get back to the USA.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1006 on: May 13, 2016, 04:04:05 AM »
I have to go to the Philippines tomorrow, and I won't be able to play KanColle again until May 24. Therefore, I chose to dial down the difficulty to Normal Mode for the remainder of the event. Fortunately, the debuff does not wear off.

I tried to get my first Normal Mode kill of Central Hime before the maintenance, and it took only one try, setting a new "Let's wreck Central Hime" record of 693. It felt so much easier without the Double Dysons. The debuff does not wear off when you switch difficulty either. In theory you could debuff on Easy Mode and benefit from it on Hard Mode.

It sucks to not get my hands on that Nonaka Squadron plane, but I need to maximize my chances of finishing the event, and I'll only have 6 days for E-6 and E-7 when I get back to the USA.

Considering the emergency maintenance, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us a few more days for the event. I think this is probably the longest event in the game's history already though, haha.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #1007 on: May 13, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
First shot at E-6 easy boss - and she gets nuked for 820 damage from the airstrike under Red T. Even though I did take care to fully debuff beforehand, this is nuts.

And my goodness, I am loving the boss BGM for this stage.

Totaku

« Reply #1008 on: May 13, 2016, 09:43:47 PM »
Here's hoping I can wrap up E-5 so I can write my report... It's a pain in the butt...

E-5 Romantic Battle in the Lycoris Flowerfeild Act 2
https://www.twitch.tv/totaku2
Now I Twitter

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #1009 on: May 14, 2016, 02:35:52 AM »
This was indeed a pain in the butt.

On a side note, I didn't expect this run to succeed. Ayanami and Mogami both start night battle with heavy damage and both battleships were still alive. Akizuki and Kasumi both end up killing the battleships leaving Shimakaze and Suzuya to finish the boss off.

The closest run I had to success before this was the first time I made it to the boss on the final kill. Only the boss and the transport were still alive and both Mogami and Suzuya entered night battle in decent conditions. 2 of my destroyers were at heavy damage. Remaining destroyers end up targeting the boss for scratch damage. Boss knocks Mogami into heavy damage. Suzuya kills the transport.

« Reply #1010 on: May 14, 2016, 04:13:12 AM »
Did E1 Hard for the fancy daihatsu then cruised the rest on EZ like a filthy casual. E2 E3 E5 light fleet maps zzzzzzzz. I'll do harder modes when rewards are worth something  :derp:

E7 is easier than E6 or E5 because you can send all your airbase planes to the boss and nuke everything which is hilarious. Getting there is probably more annoying than killing the boss for the higher difficulties.

Iowa <3

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #1011 on: May 14, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
E-4 Normal was nothing really home to write about. Sending all the fighters to the carrier princesses node 50% of the time was able to shut down all three carriers.

[attach=1]

I ended up with 12 DDs fleet locked from E1-4, and I don't have enough strong, high level Kai 2 DDs left, so easy the rest of the way through it is.

[attach=2]

E-5E is 2 kills away after 7 runs with 2 retreats so far. I feel more confident using this team over at 2CAV team since Fusou and Yamashiro are part of my elite team, they pack a much bigger punch in day battle, they have a 23 plane seaplane slot, and can tank better than CAVs. It's not so bad so far except for the node E where you are guaranteed to hit 2 Ru class BBs. Last few runs I've been sending one land based air team to attack that node and it's helping to take out some smaller ships.

Also completed 1/4 of the debuff objectives by surviving Node I unscathed.

[attach=3]

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #1012 on: May 14, 2016, 05:23:56 AM »
E-5E finally over
You did it Zara, you saved your sister
Now take your well-deserved break
And keep an eye on the wine cabinet

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1013 on: May 14, 2016, 06:01:31 AM »
I'm on the last dance of E-6 and even did all of the debuff again just to be sure (while also ensuring that Node L was mopped up this time), but I still didn't manage to kill the boss. I probably would've had Central Hime, but my opening airstrike targeted everything but her.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #1014 on: May 14, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »
Just beaten E-6 last night on easy mode after one retreat on last dance:

Suzuya's lines summarize my feelings of E-6 easy.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1015 on: May 14, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
Just beaten E-6 last night on easy mode after one retreat on last dance:

Suzuya's lines summarize my feelings of E-6 easy.
I don't suppose you'd be willing to post your set-up? I'm having way more trouble than I thought I'd have.

EDIT: Nevermind. Somehow nuked her for 1138 damage and then proceeded to mop up the rest for an S-Rank.

E-7 TIME. I WILL NOT BE DENIED.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:40:58 PM by Kasu »

Totaku

« Reply #1016 on: May 14, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »
Did E1 Hard for the fancy daihatsu then cruised the rest on EZ like a filthy casual. E2 E3 E5 light fleet maps zzzzzzzz. I'll do harder modes when rewards are worth something  :derp:

E7 is easier than E6 or E5 because you can send all your airbase planes to the boss and nuke everything which is hilarious. Getting there is probably more annoying than killing the boss for the higher difficulties.

Iowa <3

In before you got fudge over for now getting good land based planes for future events once they finish retweaking the mess they made here.

E-5 is over and dear god it was rough...

E-5 Tempting Faith in the Lycoris Flower Field

E-5 in the simplest of terms on Hard mode is basiclly the equipvalant of say.... "Playing Battle Toads and playing the Turbo Tunnel for the first time", if you get my reference, then 1. Great Job, now you know how rough the experience was and 2. You're probably an old cogger like me.

Basically this is a to raid an airbase in the Solomons. Which is thankfully a single fleet. But this doesn't save you from the fact that you're fleet is going to have to go through a gauntlet to survive this event.

It's commonly preffered to use a carrierless fleet for this map since the north route will have you go through lots of air raid nodes which could put your fleet at risk. So let's run down what you're fleet can consist of.

Most people use the baisic set up of 4 DD + 2 CAV, this set up is decent for taking care of most of the map if you have a support fleet and they do thier responsibilities.

You can also do one AV + 3 DD + 1 CL + 1 CAV. This combination is good if you especially have Mizuho since she can take out early enemy DDs before the fight starts. But again depends heavily on your fleet to pull through.

Finally there's 2 BBV + 3 DD +1CAV. This combination is good for making your fleet brute force through the nodes, but can be problmatic since you have to go through one more battle.

You're Land Base Squadron should be set to do one of two things:

Either you have them assigned to launch and all out attack on the boss node, or you sent one to attack and the other to defend the base. The Former is the preffered option ESPECIALLY on the final kill phase.

Support Fleets on both ends are a MUST as the enemy fleets while not threatening on a usual stand point can do a number on you if enough of them survive. So wiping them out is important.

So let's go do a run down on the map.

First node is a  sub node full of Ka-classes in all different color, not threatening, besides the risk of begin hit hard.

Second node consist of some regular DDs, a late model DD, a Ri-class CA, and a He and Hi-class Light Cruisers.
Support fleet here is kinda needed since you might want to take out the light cruisers and DD before the salvo (unless they're in double line)

Following that you go in one of two directions:
You take a north eastern path to a supply node which gives you ammo and fuel or...
If you use a fleet with BBVs in them you'll go to the south east path where you fight... one of the following combinations:

1 Nu-class CVL, 2 Ru-class BBs, 1 Tsu-class CL, and 2 DDs in daimond formation...OR
 2 Ru-class BBs, 1 Ne-Class CA, 1 Nu-class CVL, and 2 DDs in the line ahead or double line formation.

Your likely hood of survival here depends on your support fleet and who you target. As it's quite easy to take serious damage here... But making it through, you then go to the next node which will be an Air-raid attack node.

Where you'll confront a batch of air fields that will launch planes from the distance. Pray you have some AACI set up here because that will save you so much pain... Also THIS NODE is important for a later map (E-6) so S-rank it if you can!

Then you follow up with a node whre you fight a batch of DDs, 1 CL, 1 Ri-Class CA, and a Ne-class CA. If it's in double line, you might make it through, but if it's in line ahead, pray your support fleet takes out the CAs.

Only after you go through this gaunlet do you have to face the boss of this area...

Lycoris Hime

Lycoris Hime is a rather tough installation which will come with a Wa-Class Flagship Transport, 2 Ru-Class BB Flagships, and 2 RO-class Late Model DDs. What makes this fight hard is that no matter what you can do here, YOU'RE NOT going to get Air Superiority of any kind.

Depending on how you want to tackle the map, the best you can hope for is a deadlock where neither side doesn't get any form of air superiority (allowing for a minimum chance for the RU-classes to double attack.

Your Support Fleet is a must here here as it'll improve your odds of survival. And Personally using both of your Air Sqaudrons to increase the likely hood you weaken or damage the Hime and her mooks.

Everything rides on that and who you hit during the fight and hoping don't get damaged from it.

WG42s and Type 3 shells are important for here.

So from this, all you can do is pray everythign rides on your hands correctly...

The fleet I used was: Mizuho, Akizuki, Yuudachi, Kawakaze, Yuubari, and Tone for the inital run (which was a high risk / high reward fleet)

For the final kill, this changed drastically to a battle using: Ise, Akizuki, Yuudachi, Kawakaze, Hyuuga, and Tone.

Again the BBVs and CAV were armed with Type 3s, AKizuki  was the designated AACI specialist, Yuudachi and Kawakaze were damage pitching DDs with a WG42s to do damage to Lycoris.

The final kill was harder as the enemy fleets were tough and I had to deal with constant disadvantage position in battle.

ALso before I forget, on two random occasions, Lycoris can launch an air raid on your base. If you have someone set on Air Defesne, you can protect your base minimzing the damage (If the enemy does manage to damage your base significant, you are at risk of your planes losing rank and using more resources to repair planes) Other than that, it might be worth risking since it might be smarter to just go for sending your whole air squadron to the Hime node to take her down.

The only thing that changes in final kill is that you get Ha-class Elite Late Model DDs. Everything else is mostly the same...

For me to win this fight... I literally took a gamble.....I decided to push my fleet while Kawakaze was heavily damaged!

When I arrived at the boss fleet, the air squadron damaged the RU signicantly, the Support fleet took out the Wa, the Ru and 1 HA Late DD. Ise took out another DD, Which left the remainig team to tick away damage at Lycoris and the BB. Kawakaze managed to escape from taking harm.
 Ise took serious damage.

Night battle goes in, Hyuuga damages Lycoris, Akizuki kills the Ru, Yuudachi chips Lycoris, and Tone delivers the killing blow... ending this night mare....

I sware, this map gave me a run for my money, it was more troublesome than I expect, but the reward for all the trouble was worth it!
As I bagged 7 Screw Yous, 1 Type 3 Fighter Hien, 1 Type 3 Fighter 244th Air Squadron, the Raiden, and the third Air base and finally....the big prize....

Zara Class Italian CA Pola

Another member of the Zara-Class. Pola is another example of a CA with very long range, but with low accuracy, and also lacking in torpedo strength (due to thier historic background of not really being equipped to launch torpedoes at the beginning) But being they are Italian ships, they still benefit for being able to use Seaplane fighters!

Outside of that.... She's drunk as hell....

Now with that, the main and extra Operation is done, only the late Operation reaminds... the final challenge waits me in these last two levels of hell....

Now I Twitter

« Reply #1017 on: May 15, 2016, 12:57:24 AM »
In before you got fudge over for now getting good land based planes for future events once they finish retweaking the mess they made here.

Its fine its fine, Kadokawa is going to add double AAhime escorts for the next event boss nodes doncha know~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #1018 on: May 15, 2016, 12:58:45 AM »
Just an FYI, but we're gonna need a new thread soon since we're past 1,000 replies.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #1019 on: May 15, 2016, 03:49:10 AM »
Cleared E5 earlier, and taking a break today. In the meantime...