Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227114 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Signs of the US Navy is coming....
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
With our luck, we'll probably get a DD first though I'd settle for St Louis if we get a CA.
I wouldn't mind some Taffy 3 to be honest. Johnston, Hoel, and the Samuel B. Roberts would probably have some good stats.

Spoiler:
Of course they could also sic the William D. Porter on us.

Edit 1: Also, it seems that St. Louis was a CL, not a CA.

Edit 2: Oh man, I actually hope they give us a Gato-class or two as well. I'd love to see a USS Barb who Kai Ni's into an Italian sub, haha.
Spoiler:
It'd be pretty great if they let her equip the WG42 as well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:25:06 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2016, 10:20:41 PM »
I just read the description on the gun.

A new model triple-mounted main gun developed by the USA as the main armament of the Iowa-class battleships. An improved version of the main guns mounted on its predecessor, the lengthened caliber and other improvements increased its power. It's still in development, but radar spotted artillery is possible with the radar linked fire control system.

We're getting an Iowa class!? Please let it be Big Mo!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2016, 11:14:31 PM »
I just read the description on the gun.

We're getting an Iowa class!? Please let it be Big Mo!
They could do a Littorio and Roma thing with them (though if they do make one of 'em a drop it'll be absolutely infuriating).

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #783 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:22 AM »
Sorry for the double-post, but I'd just like to inform anyone who doesn't know that the event has been confirmed for February 10th.

Figures that the most resources I've ever had the pleasure of stockpiling are for a small event. ;>;

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #784 on: January 27, 2016, 03:18:24 AM »
Every bucket you don't use in winter will help you hunt for an American ship in spring or summer.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #785 on: January 27, 2016, 04:48:52 AM »
Every bucket you don't use in winter will help you hunt for an American ship in spring or summer.

Indeed.

Spoiler:
Though I still fully intend to hunt for Roma, Unryuu, and/or Ooyodo this event if they're droppable. ;>;

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #786 on: January 27, 2016, 05:04:05 PM »
Well today's been a day of hype. If anyone read the recent tweets, you probably know that the Kancolle Staff is releasing a new "Admiral's Guide to the Naval Base Life" which has severed as an insider guide to Kancolle content and a tips and tricks guide for players.

This issue is special because while it does feature lots of content from the game being discussed it also note about some of it's bigger content that's fixing to be released soon....

Kancolle Kai

We now have a release date and we now know it's all set in stone. And we now are FINALLY getting some actual screenshots of the game.

What we currently know is: The game will feature a similar introduction like the browser game, but unlike the browser game, it's going to give you a choice between classic starters and Kai Starters.

Classic Starters are pretty much those that make up the orginal game, so those who played it know who they are.

Kai Starters on the other hand give you the choice between... The Sendai Class Sisters. So you now have a total of 8 Kanmusus to pick 1 from the start from.

In addition, it's been noted that the game will be a Turn Based Strategy Game so it's definitely not going to follow the same rules like the browser game much like Arcade as shown in the interview I conducted earlier.

Basically we looking at another variation of the game where you're going to also have the ability to select what equipment to use in the fight that you have equipped as well... The rest I can't say much from the screenshots, but I suspect that once we get a hold of the Book. I can provide better insight on what's inside.

Kancolle The Movie

If you purchase the book, inside the book will be a packaged up DVD which you can look at. It will show you the Kancolle Trailer for the movie that was previously only shown to a limited audience at the "KADOKAWA Naval Review" meetings.

There's just way too much to post here for in terms of how many screenshots were taken as a sneak peak, so instead I'm just going to link you to some screenshots. Expect the movie to come out sometime in 2016.

http://otakomu.jp/archives/343868.html

Extra Stuff

Lots of art from the official artists is to be shown within the book but one thing that caught my eye was the BB Hime's concept design as shown from Akira.

Anyone's whos been looking for a canon refference on how she control her "beast equipment" can now refer to this.

I guess this means the "Symbiotic" connection has way more meaning to her now in comparison to before.
Which means to the final question..
Spoiler:
If you were to cut the cord... will it die?
I bet you all get the reference I'm making but yeah. :P

Outside of that, besides this and the known date of the event 2/10 we are also expecting more than one new Kanmusu.... so maybe 2 or 3 maybe for the event. Everything else is unknown ATM.

Also before anyone ask about the Kinugasa Twitter image...

Yeah, she's in the book too. Will she appear in the game as well? Heaven knows.... but if Kashima was any indication....
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Those movie screenshots are hyping me up. I hope we get a trailer soon, whether a new one or the one included in the book.

Totaku

Those movie screenshots are hyping me up. I hope we get a trailer soon, whether a new one or the one included in the book.

Then worry no more! As it's here!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28103276

In the mean time let's continue bringing up what's known about the event:

The Event's Title is known as "Sortie! Operation Rei-Go!"

The main portion of the event will focus on the theme of Operation Rei-Go

However... once you beat Operation Rei-Go, you get to partake in the "Extra Operation" What this entails is a mystery since I do not know of any particular events this could tie into in proximity of Mindoro Island. Unless we look into other battles that took place around the same year like the Convoy Hi missions. That or they could dive into the "What If Rei-Go"Operation.

You know... the situation on how Operation Rei-Go was SUPPOSE to go down.... if Unryuu survived Lefyte and Ise and Hyuuga weren't so slow in making it to the Operation.

Oh and also they noted last night that A seaplane Tender from the Summer Event is expected to return along with a German Aircraft Carrier from the fall season... which I guess for some of you all. If you haven't gotten them.... they'll be worth the hunt.

There one other thing to note regarding Kancolle Kai....

Kancolle Kai is going to end up with a ship girl that will be somewhat exclusive to Kai that we do not have in the browser version. She will however appear in the Spring Event.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:45:37 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle- The Movie Trailer is out!
« Reply #789 on: February 03, 2016, 08:44:44 PM »
Bampin' up because of new Kancolle news has come regarding the upcoming event.

Basically one of the new kanmusus that they will be releasing was involved in Operation Sho-go 1 in which severed as the final battle ground to last surviving remember of the Carrier Mobile Task Force. Led by Zuikaku, Admiral Ozawa took his carrier team in as a decoy fleet to distract the American forces while allowing for Himura's fleet to make the escape.  However, as they engaged the Amercian forces they became overwhelmed and the last of the fully functioning Carriers in the IJN were all destroyed in the battle.

However, thanks to the help of an Akizuki-Class destroyer,she diverted the attention of the USN's forces while buying the time for Ise and Hyuuga to rescue as many of the members of the carrier team (include Ozawa) as they could before escaping along with Haguro.

This destroyer was commisioned in the winter and was struck from the navy list also in the winter 2 year later... and she will be one of the new kanmusus to appear in the game.

I think we might know who this destoyer is... but interests me more is they hinted in thier tweets that this battle took place near where the later "Operation Rei-Go" took place.

This might serve as a vauge hint of the "Extra Operation" we might do. Which there will be no way to confirm until the event starts since the devs usually never reveal what the Extra Operation is until the Event's start.... but if I was to make an educated guess based on the kanmusus we're getting....

I speculate the extra operation might be...
Spoiler:
The Battle of Cape Engano A.K.A. Operation Sho-Go 1
it just seem to add up too well. And IF this hold to be true... I recommend having certain aviation battleships and carriers at the ready, also some DD, heavy cruisers and light cruisrs.... I can easily seeing this being a combined fleet operation. And be ready to have lots of planes shot down too... assuming this is the extra operation.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:49:11 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #790 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:15 PM »
Spoiler:
it just seem to add up too well. And IF this hold to be true... I recommend having certain aviation battleships and carriers at the ready, also some DD, heavy cruisers and light cruisrs.... I can easily seeing this being a combined fleet operation. And be ready to have lots of planes shot down too... assuming this is the extra operation.
Luckily I've got all of those girls leveled pretty high and I might be able to Kai Ni Zuikaku before the event since I currently have the most resources I've ever had thanks to some expedition changes.

If that's really the case though then girls like
Spoiler:
Zuihou and the Chitose sisters
might come in handy.

Spoiler:
That'd be amazing if this meant a potential Tama Kai Ni as well, but it's doubtful. ;>;

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #791 on: February 04, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
Spoiler:
Oh boy! It's my turn to show off my newly trained 3-2A carriers. I'm kinda scared though that a certain thing from the summer event might come back though...
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle- Operation Rei-Go is almost here!
« Reply #792 on: February 08, 2016, 09:40:16 PM »
Ok there's a lot of things I'm going to cover today because tons of information came rolling up over the course of last night due to the Kancolle Dev's twitter reports, a Comtiq magazine leak and additional information that has been revealed from several Japanese sources.

So let's start with the game...

Kancolle Browser News

So far we know that the event will be called Sortie Operation Rei-Go!

It will feature a three stage operation The first two operation will be based upon Operation Rei-Go. The Extra and final Operation is an "If Operation" so more or less an alternative telling of a specific historic part of WWII.

Comtiq leak that came out today revealed that we are to expect a total of three ships this event.

Hatsuzuki, a Yuugumo-Class DD that sunk sometime near the same time as Hatsuzuki and finally... a foreign ship that will appear in the extra Operation.

If for some reason you do not have all of the Operation Rei-Go shipgirls... you can still beat the Rei-Go map... however, you'll need to change the difficulty to do so (or perhaps just take the harder and more dangerous route).

There is expected to be fights against land based enemy air units this event!

Finally in terms of the event, the extra operation will be expect to be challenging. Devs advice to have mutiple groups of ships ready on normal and harder difficulties and to also be prepared for a new gimmick system that is not armor reduction related.

Also expect Valentine's Day Mode CG and Voices which include Akebono, the Aoba Class, The Mogami Class, Houshou and so forth.

Kancolle Forcast + Kai News

It's been noted that later on this year we will be introduced to land based aircrafts, which will likely be an interesting change for the game.

Also it's been noted that the USN Ship Girl will make her appearance first in Kancolle Kai BEFORE appearing in the browser version.

Speaking of Kancolle Kai, some game place screenshots have been shown and..... well...my fears are beginning to materialize.... I still want to see it in action before final judgement but....

Tell me this is from an early prototype..... also everyone who gets the Kai package deal for pre-ordering Kancolle Kai in advance get it served in.... a funny shaped cardboard box..... yeah...... I'm kinda worried about Kancolle Kai's fate....

Kancolle Collaboration with real life events
To cap off everything, there are several big things happening in Japan that are already in the works for Kancolle.
1. There will be a special "Spring Festival Meeting" in Akihabara which many of the Seiyuus will be present. This suggestion this'll be a Kancolle press conference.
2. There is a Kancolle Orchastra project in the works that will be happening sometime in April.
3. Currently Kancolle has launched thier new promotional deal which they have promoting thier merchandise in the Japanese convenient store Lawsons. You can go there... if you happen to be in the Japan area to purchase some goods and in return, you'll be given some Kancolle merchandise to boot!
http://www.lawson.co.jp/campaign/kccp/

Some items include the Agano Sister Casual Winter present in clear foils which has been seen on twitter for some time, a Kashima hanging scroll, a Hiei IC Card, and a Renshouhou-chan and Hoppochan, glass cup.

I think I covered everything now..... here's the source post and also have an Akebono
http://otakomu.jp/archives/348389.html
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #793 on: February 08, 2016, 10:37:57 PM »
I had a feeling KC Kai was going to use game cutins with some movement thrown in. I still am curious who the USN shipgirl is though.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #794 on: February 09, 2016, 12:19:35 AM »
Please let the foreign girl be a reward. I don't wanna have to farm for someone other than Roma, Unryuu, and Ooyodo. ;>;

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2016, 05:53:19 AM »
Thanks to the kind folks at Kancollewiki.net, Compare a Boat has a home on a server which is NOT powered by a potato.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Totaku

« Reply #796 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:51 AM »
Please let the foreign girl be a reward. I don't wanna have to farm for someone other than Roma, Unryuu, and Ooyodo. ;>;

Well here's some good news for you:

It's been made clear today thatHatsuzuki will be the main stage operation reward.

This means that the only candidates now are the Yuugumo DD or the foreign ship to be the Extra Operation Reward.

Odds are the Yuugumo DD are always drops only. So I can forsee the foreign ship being the top candidate for EO reward.

Also.... Kancolle Arcade is now conducting a 3 week long Play test session across 3 locations in Japan. So if you're going to be in Japan between tomorrow and the next three weeks you can check it out!

http://kancolle-a.sega.jp/players/information/160209_1.html

Edit: BTW, it's beginning again...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:48:13 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #797 on: February 09, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »
Well here's some good news for you:

It's been made clear today thatHatsuzuki will be the main stage operation reward.

This means that the only candidates now are the Yuugumo DD or the foreign ship to be the Extra Operation Reward.

Odds are the Yuugumo DD are always drops only. So I can forsee the foreign ship being the top candidate for EO reward.
Oh thank God. ;>;

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #798 on: February 10, 2016, 01:58:10 AM »
Meet you on the other side.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #799 on: February 10, 2016, 01:59:04 AM »
See some of you at my stream tomorrow... also I has no Rei-go team due to no Mini-BB or Aashimo.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #800 on: February 10, 2016, 03:45:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've got both Shimo's though I'm pretty sure they're both horribly underleveled, if not level one. Even then, I'm not even sure I have one of them.

Oh well. Just gotta power through it and pray that I can just smash my way through, haha.

Totaku

« Reply #801 on: February 10, 2016, 06:31:20 AM »
We're just going to have to see how the event plays out then because we won't know how difficult the branching is if you choose to be gusty if you take on a harder difficulty without the Rei-Go team.

Otherwise, well you're always welcome to switch to something easier to get access to the "easy path".

In the meantime THIS HAPPENED...

Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #802 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »
So the foreign ship is supposed to be Zara from Italy, but the resources for her aren't in the game yet?

Also, I accept.  :3

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:15:29 PM by Ruka »

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle- Operation Rei-Go is go!
« Reply #803 on: February 10, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
So the foreign ship is supposed to be Zara from Italy, but the resources for her aren't in the game yet?

Also, I accept.  :3

You are quite correct and I'm here with the news as usual. So here we go one more with what came up with this update:

Information provide be http://en.kancollewiki.net/

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2016/February_10

Event content is also here.
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Winter_2016_Event

1. Limited Time Valentine's Day Voices
Over 100 Kanmusus have been given Valintine's Day Voices

2. Valentine's Day Mode CG

Kanmusu such as Harusame, Uzuki, and Yayoi will be celebrating Valentine's Day. They can be encounter able in winter event waters.

3. Chocolate Gift from the Kanmusus
From the beginning of this event until next maintenance, when you log in you will recive a chocolate as a gift from your kanmusu.

4. Valentine's Day Furniture

While no new furniture has been added, Valentine's furniture has returned.

5. Operation Rei-Go has begun!
The Winter Event "Sortie! Operation Rei-Go" has begun! Good luck to all of you admirals out there as you advance through the 3 maps. Admirals of higher rank can challenge themselves on higher difficulty.

6. Main Stage Operations
Operation Rei-Go will have 2 main stage operations which will consist of:
E-1 Kanpan Gulf: "Operation Rei-go" Preperation
E-2 Otoro island marmalade Gulf : "Operation Rei-Go"

7. Important Information Regarding Main Stage Operations
E-1 will be an anti-submarine Operation. Kanmusus who have strong ASW gear and are good at Anti-Sub patrolling are recommended.
E-2 will have you going into a confrontation where you will make contact and battle the "Supply Depot Hime" which you will need to defeat and capture in order to succeed.

8. Main Stage Operation Reward
For defeating the Supply Depot Hime will be the Akizuki Class Air Defense DD Hatsuzuki

9. Reminder for New Admirals
If you are a recent recruit, do not rush into the event waters, please train your fleet in the normal waters and prepare them for the event as you will have time.

10. Upon completing Operation Rei-Go

Admirals who complete Operation Rei-Go you will gain access to an limited time expedition called "Friendly Exchange Naval Review" Please be sure to partake in the expedition, upon completing it...

11. Extra Operation
The Later part is an "If Operation" based upon "Operation Sho-Go 4". Admirals will need to assemble a combine fleet and prepare to launch an attack to take out the apporach enemy fleet. Upon completing the operation you will be rewarded with Zara-Class Heavy Cruiser Zara.

12. Regarding rewards and drops
You can collect all the reward kanmusu on the maps regardless of difficulty. The only thing that is differ will be the equipment you are rewarded for completing the event maps. Kanmusus will all drop in all location regardless of difficulty

13. Rare Kanmusu Drops

Mizuho, Amagi, the Italians ships, Graf Zeppelin, and new Yuugumo class DD "Okinami" are all obtainable as drops

Since this is an event, content and information will be posted up later for now, ENJOY THE EVENT!

Oh and to ease everyone's fears.... NO FLEET LOCKING!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:12:59 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #804 on: February 10, 2016, 04:10:51 PM »
Has anyone heard anything regarding the armor debuff for Sub Hime? She seems to be way harder to kill than she should be.

Totaku

« Reply #805 on: February 10, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »
Has anyone heard anything regarding the armor debuff for Sub Hime? She seems to be way harder to kill than she should be.

Yes, I've added it into the wiki not too long ago. Japanese players have noted that if you take route G, I and H. You can confront some transport nodes which if you take down enough of them, it should result in the sub hime becoming weaker. Otherwise bring an Aviation BB.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #806 on: February 10, 2016, 05:17:38 PM »
Yes, I've added it into the wiki not too long ago. Japanese players have noted that if you take route G, I and H. You can confront some transport nodes which if you take down enough of them, it should result in the sub hime becoming weaker. Otherwise bring an Aviation BB.
Ah, alrighty. I was using the Aviation BB approach, but since I'm on hard it didn't seem to be doing too much. I'll try that out once the day rolls over.

EDIT: I got a lucky kill on the Sub Hime and I can say without a doubt that hard mode was the correct choice.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:11:22 PM by Kasu »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #807 on: February 10, 2016, 07:22:02 PM »
Gonna start streaming Easy Mode for the event I don't have full Rei-go so you may scream and shout, but it won't change anything:

http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #808 on: February 11, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
Wow. This event music is nice. Very refreshing.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #809 on: February 11, 2016, 12:14:04 AM »
This is the greatest event ever. ;>;