Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227115 times)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: The Transport Operation to Kolombangara begins!
« Reply #720 on: December 02, 2015, 01:10:27 AM »
Having lots of trouble with E4 last dance on normal. For some reason, I can never sink the Sub hime, even with ASW formation.
I suggest one of two things, or both: 1) upgrade sonars to at least +1 each and/or 2) debuff that armor.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #721 on: December 02, 2015, 05:31:11 AM »
I decided to do E-4 on medium instead of hard to save more precious hours to complete E-5. Ended up beating the map in about 4 hours and got Graf Zeppelin on the final kill.

I say getting Graf makes picking medium worth it for me even if I did overestimate the time I would have needed to beat E-4 and E-5 on hard.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #722 on: December 02, 2015, 03:07:25 PM »
I suggest one of two things, or both: 1) upgrade sonars to at least +1 each and/or 2) debuff that armor.

Thanks for the advice - had to do both and then suffer through multiple pre-boss snipes. Well, at least that's E-4 down. I'll just clear E-5 on easy then burn anything left on Graf hunts.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #723 on: December 02, 2015, 03:22:51 PM »
So apparently switching Kitakami in for Tone on the last dance was a terrible idea since she kept getting targeted by the PT Imps in the first battle on E-5. Switching back to Tone to see if my girls can actually make it to the boss node in one piece now.

EDIT: Throwing my horribly underleveled Kawakaze in the fleet actually seems to have been the best idea, but even with her and boss support I can't seem to kill the boss. We got incredibly close just now, but the engagement form screwed us over for the most part. I've got cut-in equipment on my girls, as well, so does anyone have any advice for E-5 Easy? The boss is seriously getting on my nerves now (and I made sure to debuff her too).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:28:28 AM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #724 on: December 03, 2015, 12:54:38 AM »
Graf has been enlisted into the naval base.

That full German fleet.

Seriously, farming for her used twice as many resources as completing the whole event.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:45:52 AM by Ruka »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #725 on: December 03, 2015, 01:46:11 AM »
Nevermind. Everything turned out A-OK (even if Kawakaze used an emergency repair ;>; ).

With that, I'll return to E-4 and leisurely farm Roma for the rest of the event.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #726 on: December 03, 2015, 04:40:28 AM »
After umpteen tries that failed due to the flagship not sinking on the last kill, FINALLY I beat 1-5.  Maybe I'll actually beat 2-4 at some point now, haha.  Perhaps I should take one more attempt at E-1 to see if I can at least beat THAT, but since the good stuff I don't imagine shows up til later event maps maybe it'd be wiser to save my resources for the NEXT event and just plow through some normal maps now that most of my mainly used shipgirls are in their Kai forms.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #727 on: December 03, 2015, 05:06:47 AM »
I FOUND THE PRINCE.

61 runs at E-4M is what it took.

[attach=1]

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #728 on: December 03, 2015, 08:23:15 AM »
I FOUND THE PRINCE.

61 runs at E-4M is what it took.

[attach=1]
...I looked at that screenshot and thought that her armaments were made out of LEGO bricks for a second. *@__@ Clearly, I've been looking at Mike Dung's flickr album for too long.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #729 on: December 04, 2015, 02:48:06 AM »
I didn't have time to bring this up because last night I was up the whole night reporting this on Himeuta , wiki and KCUSA but for those that want to know...

The event has been extended 1 day.

The reason?  Truk suffered a massive server failure yesterday that resulted the dev team having to shut down the entire server for the whole day.

They managed to get it back online and as it was later explainedm because Truk was down for so long in return they did the following:

1. Truk got an extra 24 hours of debuff time today, which will end on 12/5 at 5 AM.

2. Everyone gets a 1 day extension to the event!

As an important reminder to everyone too. Starting from December 6th at 5 AM JST. The 48 hour debuff period will take effect! During this phase, if you debuff the sub hime or DD water demon, the effects will be premament until the end of the event. So take advantage of it when it comes!
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #730 on: December 04, 2015, 02:55:50 AM »
I didn't have time to bring this up because last night I was up the whole night reporting this on Himeuta , wiki and KCUSA but for those that want to know...

The event has been extended 1 day.

The reason?  Truk suffered a massive server failure yesterday that resulted the dev team having to shut down the entire server for the whole day.

They managed to get it back online and as it was later explainedm because Truk was down for so long in return they did the following:

1. Truk got an extra 24 hours of debuff time today, which will end on 12/5 at 5 AM.

2. Everyone gets a 1 day extension to the event!

As an important reminder to everyone too. Starting from December 6th at 5 AM JST. The 48 hour debuff period will take effect! During this phase, if you debuff the sub hime or DD water demon, the effects will be premament until the end of the event. So take advantage of it when it comes!
Yus! I hope I can make it in time for getting Graf or Prinz. But uuuuuuh event extended by 1 day? UH??? Seriously???
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Totaku

« Reply #731 on: December 04, 2015, 03:30:16 AM »
Yus! I hope I can make it in time for getting Graf or Prinz. But uuuuuuh event extended by 1 day? UH??? Seriously???

When you consider what happen that's probably the most logical step.

What I recall over the course of events that took place on that day was.

1. Truk players reports the game going down constantly and people were getting catted (reported early in the day)

2. Staff made an annoucement and attempted to do a quick fix restoration which was set to be completed around 3:30 PM JST and Practices and rankings would roll over at 3:45 PM JST.

3. Staff completed the fix, but it resulted in the Truk Server suffering a worse fate as it began to crash EVEN more. Staff was then forced to shut down the Truk Server.

4. Truk server was shut down for an emergency maintainance that was delayed constantly which while it was orginally planned to be completed around 7 PM JST ended up dragging out the remainder of the day till 10:50 PM JST.

5. Due to the problem plauging the whole sever for the entire day, the best solution to make it up to the Truk players is to extend the event 1 day for their mishap.

In all we had a total of 4 extra days this event. 3 for the PT Imp Group bug and one for Truk's Server Crashing incident.

Personally I think this is fair exchange.
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #732 on: December 04, 2015, 03:33:35 AM »
When you consider what happen that's probably the most logical step.

What I recall over the course of events that took place on that day was.

1. Truk players reports the game going down constantly and people were getting catted (reported early in the day)

2. Staff made an annoucement and attempted to do a quick fix restoration which was set to be completed around 3:30 PM JST and Practices and rankings would roll over at 3:45 PM JST.

3. Staff completed the fix, but it resulted in the Truk Server suffering a worse fate as it began to crash EVEN more. Staff was then forced to shut down the Truk Server.

4. Truk server was shut down for an emergency maintainance that was delayed constantly which while it was orginally planned to be completed around 7 PM JST ended up dragging out the remainder of the day till 10:50 PM JST.

5. Due to the problem plauging the whole sever for the entire day, the best solution to make it up to the Truk players is to extend the event 1 day for their mishap.

In all we had a total of 4 extra days this event. 3 for the PT Imp Group bug and one for Truk's Server Crashing incident.

Personally I think this is fair exchange.
Ok, that MAKES sense, I won't complain my condolences to those who play Truk server.

highzealot

« Reply #733 on: December 07, 2015, 09:59:54 PM »
Beat E-5 Hard Saturday evening. The boss itself was super easy. Getting to the boss was pretty annoying though with the red destroyer flagship on the first node, the first night battle whenever I got the formation with cutin capable destroyers,and the last night battle whenever there were torpedo boats that survived.

The event overall seemed pretty simple and easy to do though I've leaned I can't take things slow when working a job with a 2 commute.

I have no idea when I'll get my footage edited and uploaded but I hope it'll be in less than 2 weeks.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #734 on: December 08, 2015, 12:25:08 AM »
Quick question as we get back to the regular game. What's the best normal map to farm transport kills at? I might do the prototype catapult quest for Zuikaku sometime before the next event and it looks like one of the needed quests is the "kill fifty transports within a week" quest.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #735 on: December 08, 2015, 12:50:48 AM »
Quick question as we get back to the regular game. What's the best normal map to farm transport kills at? I might do the prototype catapult quest for Zuikaku sometime before the next event and it looks like one of the needed quests is the "kill fifty transports within a week" quest.
2-2 with no CV/Ls or OREL (2-3). At least those are my go to spots. It's how my elite group off subs was formed.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #736 on: December 08, 2015, 02:51:55 AM »
Got Roma before maintenance no Prinz or Akizuki though....

Totaku

« Reply #737 on: December 08, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
I've been working down the bone last night and I'm far from done. But I'm here to provide you an update. The event's over and we had a long and gruling trip and I still have to share my E-5 story + Graf Zeppelin Hunt. But in the mean time I'm here to provide you some Chirstmas cheer. Over here, all your holiday lines and CGs here http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Seasonal/Christmas_2015

And to top it off, I have your update to report here as always from the EN Kancolle Wiki.
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/December_8

December 8th, 2015 End of Fall 2015 & Christmas Update

1. The Autumn 2015 Event has ended

2. Hatsukaze will be receiving Christmas CG
For the duration of Christmas, she will be dropping in world 2 and 3

3. Tanikaze will be receiving Christmas CG
 For the duration of Christmas, she will be dropping in world 1

4.  Kawakaze will be receiving Christmas CG
 For the duration of Christmas, she will be dropping in world 1

5. Ooyodo will be receiving Christmas CG
        For the duration of Christmas, she will be dropping in world 3
    Littorio will be receiving Christmas CG
        For the duration of Christmas, she will be dropping in 4-5

6.In addition, Naka, Naka Kai Ni, Ryuujou, Shigure and Sazanami will receive Christmas CG
Sazanami's outfit and cake has been upgraded thanks to the help from other 7th Destroyer Division members.

7. All Autumn CGs and voice lines will be removed, the CG will be recorded in the shipdex

8. Takao and Atago will get idle and supply lines
Takao Kai and Atago Kai will also get new marriage lines

9.Agano Kai, Noshiro Kai, Yahagi Kai and Sakawa Kai will be getting new marriage lines
Their old post-marriage-only naval base lines can be heard as idle lines under specific conditions.

10. Musashi Kai and Italia will be getting new marriage lines
 Their old post-marriage-only naval base lines can be heard as idle lines under specific conditions.

11. Over 80 ships getting Christmas lines
        Kongou-class
        Fusou-class
        Shoukaku-class
        Takao-class
        Agano-class
        Mutsuki-class
        Some I-type Subs
        And many more

12. Limited winter furniture
        Turkey dinner - New
        White luxury marble floor - New
        Northern camouflage - New
        Truk Anchorage wall scroll - New

13. Two apology hanging scrolls for all admirals as an apology for the event

14. The bar furniture will be updated with Christmas themes
Cooking from Mamiya and Houshou
 More variations with different ship girls

15. 6 new quests added
Organise the "16th Squadron (2nd)"
 Carry out "Operation Rei"
 Quests will have pre-requisites
 Rewards are Mamiya, furniture fairies and etc

16. Oboro Kai will get new CG

17.   Ship's Level cap increased to 155
Special items will not be needed to access this cap
18. 1 New BGM "Holy Night at the Naval Base" is implemented
 Can be heard when certain winter furnishing is placed

19. There are a number of new drops (possibly limited in their time frame):

Hatsukaze drops in World 2 and World 3 (2-5 and 3-5?)
        Kawakaze drops in World 1 (1-5)
        Ooyodo will drop in 3-5
        Tanikaze drops in 1-6
        Littorio drops from 4-5

So with that it's time to make like a yukkuri and take it easy on the Holidays. Also if you didn't have a chance to bag some of these rare kanmusus, you'll have an open door opprotunity to find them in various locations around normal map locations. Just remember, these drops are only for a limited time only. So plan accordingly! And now for some CGs....

Christmas Hatsukaze

Christmas Ooyodo and Ooyodo Kai

Chirstmas Kawakaze

Chirstmas Tanikaze

Christmas Littorio/Italia

Oboro Kai

Now have a happy Holidays and also have fun hunting for certain kanmusus if you do desire to do so.
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Chirstmas Time has come for the Navy!
« Reply #738 on: December 11, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
So let's discuss Comtiq for a moment!

Yup, they released another issue full of lots of Kancolle content. Which included an Abyssal Christmas page, Operation Rei-Go Puzzle and this illustration of Kashima!

And among that, there is one more thing that's noted. The article in there mentioned a few interesting points that we can look into for the future.

1. Besides the planned Matsu-Class DD that are being planned, there is another set of DDs that will be coming out in the process. Long story short, they will be "The precursor of the Mutsuki-Class DDs"

2. They want to give players an opportunity to get ahold of the large forgien captial ships again soon. In some way shape or form.

So if that holds true, sooner or later we should be able to more open opprotunities to get Kanmusu like Roma, Littorio, Prinz, and possible Graf Zeppelin again. Since they're kinda like the rare golden gems in the fleet. (Though Littorio can be found right now on nodes H, I, and J of 4-5 for a limited time.)
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #739 on: December 11, 2015, 07:54:03 PM »
2. They want to give players an opportunity to get ahold of the large forgien captial ships again soon. In some way shape or form.

So if that holds true, sooner or later we should be able to more open opprotunities to get Kanmusu like Roma, Littorio, Prinz, and possible Graf Zeppelin again. Since they're kinda like the rare golden gems in the fleet. (Though Littorio can be found right now on nodes H, I, and J of 4-5 for a limited time.)
Perfect. I still need Roma, so here's hoping it'll be a bit easier next time.

« Reply #740 on: December 11, 2015, 10:19:17 PM »
That damaged Kawakaze navel.

Woohh boy.

Totaku

« Reply #741 on: December 17, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »
Hope you all have been having a good time with your Kanmusus over the season because now it's now known that there are two planned updates that are coming and they will be in short succession of one another.

The first update will be a Live update that will take place on the 23rd on the stroke of midnight right as it turns to the 24th. The update will be small and will likely feature some small Chirstmas content. You'll just need to reset your browser at the time to see the content.

The Second update will take place on the 28th and will be a standard maintenance / update.

What's to expected from these updates is unknown, but we should be expecting soemthing interesting for both.

Also....

At weet from a day ago talked about Operation Rei-Go.

For those that do not know. Back on December 26th of 1944. Series of ships partook in a small one day engagement where they raided Mindoro Island of the coast of the city of San Jose.

The operation was considered a success since it was more or less to damage and render an allied force air field that was being planned to be built within the location unusable.

The fleet consisted of 5 ships:

Ashigara, Kiyoshimo, Asashimo, Ooyodo, and an Asashio-class destoyer that served as the flagship.

Sometime around after the new year... this Asashio-Class Destoyer will get a Kai Ni upgrade.

Hint: If you played the most recent quest chain "Operation Rei-Go" you know who this ship girl is + she was featured on a Magazine cover earlier this year.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #742 on: December 17, 2015, 06:55:23 PM »
Guess I know who I'll be training in my next fleet, haha.

I'm still waiting on more light cruiser and starter destroyer Kai Nis though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #743 on: December 17, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh I don't wanna go back to 4-3 you can't make me.... OH FINE I'LL TRAIN KASUMI WHEN I'M DONE WITH NACHI I GUESS....

Totaku

« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:19 AM »
BTW, I want to note that in Japan, there was a Kancolle Arcade Play Test that took place in Akihabara not too long ago. And thankfully I found a recipient  who will be providing me a solid interview on his experience with the Kancolle Arcade soon enough which I'll be writing a full report on very soon! So if you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask me since I'll be talking to him in 24 hour from now. It shall be posted here.

http://www.himeuta.net/f5-kancolle-discussion/kancolle-arcade-club-sega-playtest-interview-looking-questions-9150.html

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your input.
Now I Twitter

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle Arcade Akihabara Playtest interview incoming!
« Reply #745 on: December 23, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »
[attach=1]

I married Souryuu.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle Arcade Akihabara Playtest interview incoming!
« Reply #746 on: December 24, 2015, 12:16:43 AM »
[attach=1]

I married Souryuu.
Congratulations.

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Kancolle Arcade Interview and Okazari / Gift Hunting!
« Reply #747 on: December 24, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
Let's go jump to the taste! We just completed a mini live update not too long ago and before we get started, let's talk about this.

On December 18th- 20th, Akihabara has a special playtest session for the Kancolle Arcade. And I finally got to interview a Japanese player who managed to get a chance to play the arcade machine. What I learned from this was there was that the Arcade system is going to be a completely different beast!

Gone are most of the RNG elements, and in are more controllable outcomes. The machine itself is quite fasinating, though it may eat a bit from your pocket book. So you better have some 100 yen coins saved over cause if you plan to play the Arcade religiously, you'll need them.

You can read the interview in the following links:
http://www.himeuta.net/f5-kancolle-discussion/kancolle-arcade-club-sega-playtest-interview-article-published-9150.html#post909845
http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/60002/kancolle-arcade-akihabara-playtest-eye-witness-report/

Now let's talk about the update! A live Christmas Eve update took place early in the morning yesterday and it comes with Kashima and mini event in tow! and.. you got 5 days to complete it!

So here's the note provided by the En Kancolle Wiki http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/December_24

December 24th, 2015 Christmas Eve / Okazari live update

1. Additional voice Lines
In addition voices lines are to be given to Kashima, Agano, Noshiro, Sakawa, Yahagi, Yura, Maya, Yuudachi, and Asashimo

2. Christmas Present from the Dev Team

In celebration of Christmas, when you log in after the update is complete, you will receive a one time Gift Box for free!

3. Mamiya's Help
Mamiya's running low in supplies to produce her Okazari for the New Year, and she needs your assistance to fetch Okazari materials to make "Fleet Saftey Okazari"
To obtain the Okazari materials, you will need to go to a explore all water areas to locate them
Using Searchlights and Skilled lookouts will be key to finding them more quickly.

4.Additional Information on Okazari Materials
Leftovers from the decorations can be converted into fuel if needed

5.Gift Boxes
In addition to the Okazari Materials, gift boxes can be found also. They will be harder to located in comparison to the decorations. But defeating certain fleets may possibly reward you with a gift box.

6.Kashima Chirstmas CG

Training Cruiser Kashima will be receiving Christmas CG art.

7. Special Wall Scrolls for Kure and Sasebo

To apologize for the server complications earlier through the year we have made scrolls for these servers as a gift.
 This is currently only for Kure and Sasebo, all other servers will have to wait to obtain these scrolls next year.

8. Okazari Material locations
Decoration Materials can be found in a number of locations which include areas along Naval Base Waters along the "Defense along the Nansei Islands"(World 1-4), "Naval Base Inshore route" (1-6), Okinojima (2-4), and the "Northern AL area" (3-5).
Higher drops rates for the Decorations can be found at Extra Operation Maps, Sri Lanka Location (World 4-3), The Southern Waters (World 5-3), and the Central Waters (World 6)

That's basically it besides that have some Kashima, though it you seen the Comtiq magazine she was featured in, then you already know what she looks like.

Also as a quick education lesson let's do a run down on Okazari.

About Okazari
Right around after Christmas, there is a tradition that Japanese do when they place up a unique set of decorations together consisting putting together bamboo, wreaths, and a bitter orange. The create a decoration known as an Okazari.

These decorations are usually hung up or display up to the New Year in Japan, and commonly they symbolize "Good Health" through the "Generations".

I felt it was important to bring this up because I think people forget that this game also ties deeply into Japanese Culture. So yes when I translated お飾り... it should simply be... "Okazari" since it's a Japanese Traditional Decoration that has an important meaning to the New Year.

In addition, Okazari also come in different shapes and varaities besides the one I mentioned about. The one Mamiya is making is an equivalent to a Christmas Wreath known as a "Shinmekazari" though it's hung up for the remainder of the year.

The More you know about Japan... the better....
http://www.thejapanguy.com/do-you-know-these-14-famous-japanese-new-year-traditions/
http://muza-chan.net/japan/index.php/blog/traditional-japanese-new-year-decoration-shimekazari

So remember, help Mamiya make her Okazari so she bring in the New Year for a brighter future!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:02:59 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

highzealot

« Reply #748 on: December 24, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »
I said I would get my report videos for the last event up eventually and guess what, they're finally up. Here's the playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXQg4LsB56_UV2NP57-Qls1pYDoUrIBo

« Reply #749 on: December 26, 2015, 08:54:10 AM »
For some odd reason I can't get my Kancolle up and running again. I haven't played it in so long and I've been neglecting my shipgirls for too long (amatsukaze noo im sorry)

I get cat errors on my apilink and the cookie method.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM