Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227267 times)

^ Humikane(artist for the german ships and Taihou) did show off german ship references he got a while ago so rumors are flying around.
https://twitter.com/humikane/status/654494210649780224

A new training cruiser has got me excited. More Parsley art! More glasses!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
^ Humikane(artist for the german ships and Taihou) did show off german ship references he got a while ago so rumors are flying around.
https://twitter.com/humikane/status/654494210649780224

A new training cruiser has got me excited. More Parsley art! More glasses!
Oh, nice find!  Should be fairly interesting to see what happens then.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
RIP Allied dream.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
After some deliberation, I decided to say "screw it" and nabbed the last two medals I needed for a blueprint, thus finishing my November 1-5 and 2-5 runs in literally a single day. I figured I'd use them on Shoukaku because she'd be more useful than Abukuma in the next event (and I was nowhere near finished leveling the poor cruiser), so I Kai Ni A'd her.

I also needed to get rid of some of the AA modernization fodder I had that was clogging up my extra space, which somehow ended up with me maxing out her AA and armor stats right away, so that's cool, haha.

NOW TO WAIT FOR THE JETS.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
[attach=1]

I spent my last blueprint before the event on upgrading Abukuma. I went the opposite way as Kasu because I think my carrier team is big enough that a new CL will be a bigger contribution to my overall team.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
[attach=1]

I spent my last blueprint before the event on upgrading Abukuma. I went the opposite way as Kasu because I think my carrier team is big enough that a new CL will be a bigger contribution to my overall team.
I could of went for Zuikaku Kai Ni, but I needed the power of another CL and my second BP choice will be Choukai, due to I don't even have the Proto Flight Deck for Zuikaku to Kai Ni. Right now I'm leveling Ushio for more DD back up power.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Ok let's talk about events, because the dev team decided to reveal some information on the events location.

We now know the following information regarding the event itself:

1. The Event is going to take place along near the islands of the Southern Seas. (so within close proximate of the Solomons)

2. The Event will be themed around battles and "transport operations" that took place in said location.

3. Jintsuu Kai Ni's pitucure was used for the twitter post when this was made..

These are all possibly vauge hints, but based on this information alone. There is one one possible historical event this event will likely be based upon.

The Battle of Kolombangara
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kolombangara

The whole idea behind behind this campaign invovled a series of "Tokyo express runs" to haul troops in the dead of the night through "The Slot" to get them to Munda. The one in particularly mentioned here involved Jintsuu and a series of DDs that were spotted along the Kula Gulf as they were making thier way to the Slot.

The battle resulted in ships engaging in a night battle where while they were able to fend off, damage the US fleets and escape , Jintsuu was however sunk in the said battle.

This alone I do not think will tally up to what we should be anticipating overall. But I have the impression that what we're going to get are a series of mission that tie around the Kula Gulf Campagins along the northern Solomons.

So here's what I'm anticipating for this event from this infromation alone.

1. Mobilizing the fleet to secure the starting location (this is a common trend now in events.)

2. Battle at the Kula Gulf A Tokyo Express run, I expect you'll be using a separate fleet consisting of light ships (Light Cruinsers and Destoyers). Expect for possible night battles to happen.

3. The Battle of Kolombangara Another Tokyo express run, likely to use light fleets of light cruisers and destoyers. (you can probably use the from the former Tokyo express run if you wish.) I anticipate this might be a partial or full night battle map.

4. The Battle of the Vella Gulf ANOTHER small fleet engagement that took place at night near Kolombangara. This is the famous battle in which Shugure became reconized as being a "Lucky ship" because she was struck by a dud torpedo and was the ONLY surviver among her team of destroyers. This was also a SMALL fleet engagement.

5. Capturing Kolomongara: I anticipate this will be an alternate scenario play since Kolomongara is going to be center of battle field for the upcoming event. So it would only make sense to make a final assault along the island itself... what boss we get here I do not know.... I do anticipate combined fleets.

Ships that played a roles in said campaigns
Jintsuu
Satsuki
Nagatsuki
Hatsuyuki
Mikatsuki
Hamakaze
Shigure
Kawakaze
Yukikaze

These ships may likely play a role in routing your fleets so keep them in mind.

Assuming this is all correct. I anticipate this event to be lighter than the others so it'll likely be less stressful. I still advice to stock up and prepare as this says nothing regarding the enemy fleets we'll confront.

And keep in mind... this is still speculation.... nothing is official yet, it's just that the hints suggest this is the direction they're going.

With the hint last night I changed up some information because from the sound of this event, we're going to be focusing on ALL the battles that took place at Kolombangrara condensed into one event. The battles were small there, but there were enough battles that took place there that you could make an event out of them if you combined them all. So yeah my theory is we're going to go through several small naval battles in one event this time.

My recommended advice: Destoyers and light cruisers.... have AS MANY OF THEM as ready as possible! They're going to play the center stage during part of the event. I anticipate you'll likely be saving your heavier ships for the battle near the end.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:55:58 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Taking to Tokyo Express to Kolombangara
« Reply #607 on: November 07, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »
Bumping because big news came up over night.

Someone managed to snag a blip from Comtiq Magazine's Nobember Issue and it contains some things that are coming up regarding the event that might interest you.

1. The Foreign Capital Ship has been confirmed for the Autumn Limited Time Event!

2. Some ships that have been confirmed for the event will include a training cruiser and a destroyer that sunk in the location this event takes place.

3. As I mentioned in my long theory behind the event map what to plan... Destoyers and Light Cruisers (especially Jintsuu Kai Ni) will be important to completing this event!

4. New Enemy Vessels have been confirmed!

As in.... a standard enemy grunt type and not a revision of one or a a boss one I hope? I've been waiting an eternity for a Na-class something something.
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #608 on: November 08, 2015, 12:27:19 AM »
I'm ready for the event and have a crapton of barrel runners.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #609 on: November 08, 2015, 12:48:14 AM »
If it's a USN ship, I'm coming back to Kancolle. No exceptions.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #610 on: November 08, 2015, 02:44:38 AM »
If it's a USN ship, I'm coming back to Kancolle. No exceptions.
Nah man, it's likely to be Kriegsmarine again... unless they decide to throw in another Italian battleship or something else entirely.

Also, I have every destroyer (save for Murakumo) that can be Kai Ni'd, Kai Ni'd and I think the only light cruiser I have that isn't Kai Ni'd is Abukuma.

LET'S DO IT AW YEAH.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #611 on: November 08, 2015, 11:46:53 AM »
Seems like I'm going to be busy handling both musical and mineral gemstones for a really long time then.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #612 on: November 08, 2015, 12:07:58 PM »
What other German capital ship is there? Tirpitz?

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #613 on: November 08, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »
I'd love to see Tirpitz, perhaps as an invalid with a walking stick?

Totaku

« Reply #614 on: November 09, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »
Ok since the full magazine is out some things have been there have been more articles that have been looked upon. It turns out there was an interview that was done with Takana and the Dev team and we learn some interesting things. Specificlly on two interesting questions:

http://kancolle.doorblog.jp/archives/46846752.html

Comptiq: So what can you explain to us about what kind of mechanics will appear in this event? Will anything like the Summer Event appear again?

Tanaka: We are actually consider to re-implement the final stage Summer Event mechanic this event... but in a more understandable way.

Comptiq: What can you tell us about the new foreign Capital Ship?

Tanaka: She's expected to to appear in this event and you'll have a chance to meet her.

Let's review that for a moment....

This means.. we are most likely to expect the Summer Armor Regen System to return (Just a simpler version of it)....

And.. the new foreign capital ships you will only have... a chance as in .... a probability of having her join your fleet!

With this fact known it's wise to suggest that everyone needs to be ready for all kinds of probabilties involving possible routing to expose boss's weaknesses...

and that our new foreign capital ship will probably be another Roma Hunt

Oh the FUN we are going to have this event!

Also, we have 9 days before the event... so stock up while you can!
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #615 on: November 09, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »
Let's review that for a moment....

This means.. we are most likely to expect the Summer Armor Regen System to return (Just a simpler version of it)....

And.. the new foreign capital ships you will only have... a chance as in .... a probability of having her join your fleet!

With this fact known it's wise to suggest that everyone needs to be ready for all kinds of probabilties involving possible routing to expose boss's weaknesses...

and that our new foreign capital ship will probably be another Roma Hunt

Oh the FUN we are going to have this event!

Also, we have 9 days before the event... so stock up while you can!
I never went back for Roma due to my low resources... and I'm NOT DAMN well happy with the armor reduction coming back... at least they said they'll nerf it... HOPEFULLY.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:04:54 PM by MewMewHeart »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #616 on: November 09, 2015, 03:11:28 PM »
> Armor reduction boss mechanic
> Foreign ship hunt

;>;

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #617 on: November 09, 2015, 10:23:49 PM »
I am ready.

[attach=1]

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #618 on: November 09, 2015, 11:56:40 PM »
I am ready.

[attach=1]

I still have no idea how you people can do this. ;>;

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #619 on: November 10, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »

I still have no idea how you people can do this. ;>;
You and me both Kasu. >_<

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #620 on: November 10, 2015, 12:38:01 AM »
You and me both Kasu. >_<
I'm just glad I was able to get through everything I wanted last event with about 70k each. I know it's good to stockpile a ton of resources, but it's still insanity to me, haha.

The way things're looking, I'll have about 60k each with (hopefully) 200 buckets this time around... though I'm still unsure how I ended up with 90k in bauxite.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #621 on: November 10, 2015, 01:56:14 AM »
I'm just glad I was able to get through everything I wanted last event with about 70k each. I know it's good to stockpile a ton of resources, but it's still insanity to me, haha.

The way things're looking, I'll have about 60k each with (hopefully) 200 buckets this time around... though I'm still unsure how I ended up with 90k in bauxite.
I ran out of ammo at E-7.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2015, 02:08:39 AM »
I ran out of ammo at E-7.
I didn't even attempt E-7, so you'd already made it farther in that regard, haha.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2015, 03:53:18 PM »
I didn't even attempt E-7, so you'd already made it farther in that regard, haha.
I was ok on resources it was buckets that killed me as evident on my stream, this time I got plenty of buckets it's now that I just worry for my work schedule interfering since we're getting a crap ton of sports games and events coming to town and my ammo still hovering in the 38k range.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #624 on: November 10, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »
I was ok on resources it was buckets that killed me as evident on my stream, this time I got plenty of buckets it's now that I just worry for my work schedule interfering since we're getting a crap ton of sports games and events coming to town and my ammo still hovering in the 38k range.
Ouch, that's kinda dicey. Here's hoping you can get enough before the event.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #625 on: November 10, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
Ouch, that's kinda dicey. Here's hoping you can get enough before the event.
Thankfully my steel, bauxite, and fuel recovered tremulously, thanks to the nightly 16,24,40 runs and now with Abukuma as Kai Ni my Nightly exped 40 can bring in more.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #626 on: November 10, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »
Thankfully my steel, bauxite, and fuel recovered tremulously, thanks to the nightly 16,24,40 runs and now with Abukuma as Kai Ni my Nightly exped 40 can bring in more.
Ah, nice. My Akitsumaru is the only one raking in the extra at the moment. I've got Mizuho on a different fleet who's ready, but I don't have the landing ships yet. My plan is to put Abukuma on my last expeditionary fleet once she's ready,  but I need a blueprint first and I need to finish training her.

It sucks that building Akitsumaru is my only source of landing ships. I'm too lazy to farm Abukuma, haha.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #627 on: November 11, 2015, 04:29:31 PM »
Ah, nice. My Akitsumaru is the only one raking in the extra at the moment. I've got Mizuho on a different fleet who's ready, but I don't have the landing ships yet. My plan is to put Abukuma on my last expeditionary fleet once she's ready,  but I need a blueprint first and I need to finish training her.

It sucks that building Akitsumaru is my only source of landing ships. I'm too lazy to farm Abukuma, haha.
I DON'T HIGHLY recommend farming Abukuma Kai Nis for their landing crafts.

Also I just Kai Ni'd Ushio due to a poll and having a nice day off from work before tomorrow:

Now to go farm 3-2A for Choukai Kai Ni and get Ushio up to par since she'll probably be another ship that'll appear on livestream and be my AACI.

Totaku

« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
Well the title of the event is now known!

Breakthrough! Maritime Transport Operation!

From what is known regarding the event itself, it's clear now that event is actually going to be a mixed bag in terms of ships required, but destoyers are going to be key component for this operation!

Since this will mostly take place along Kolombangara it should be wise to expect to have many well trained DDs and maybe some light cruisers at the ready.

But they took the time to mention that the later parts of the operations will invovle the use of larger fleets suchs as Battleships and Aircraft Carriers. We should likely anticipate 1-2 combine fleet operations.

As usual, easy mode players won't need to worry about fleet locking while normal and higher will need to have multiple fleets at the ready.

Also for those that didn't play through enough of Atutumn 2014's event, join in till later, or want to gain some 10cm + AA directors the easy ways... we got some news for you...

Akizuki has been confirmed to finally appear as a drop in this event after one year of waiting...

So if you don't have Akizuki... this is your chance to get her!
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »
Also for those that didn't play through enough of Atutumn 2014's event, join in till later, or want to gain some 10cm + AA directors the easy ways... we got some news for you...

Akizuki has been confirmed to finally appear as a drop in this event after one year of waiting...

So if you don't have Akizuki... this is your chance to get her!
FINALLY!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!! *explodes*
(She'll just fill the void in my heart for not getting Teruzuki.)