Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227191 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Fishing season is now and the Fall Event Looms Near
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/October_30th

Looks like the answer to when Zuikaku is getting her second upgrade is the next update
yup

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #571 on: October 26, 2015, 01:16:12 AM »
Screw you Tanaka... my next BP is going to Choukai... oh wait never mind I'll just give Zuikaku her Kai Ni and shut up since Zuikaku seems to be the only canidate atm although Katsuragi is ready too I might go for Zuikaku.  :V
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #572 on: October 27, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »
yup

Yup, the Zuikaku hype train is rolling now and it continues going none stop!

Anyways a little reminded I hope you all done your Pacfic Saury Fishing... as we're about to reach the end of the rainbow here. Just remember to use your fish before the maintenance happens since they'll be gone after maintainance is over.

Moving to Zuikaku, last night they mentioned an obvious point about her Kai Ni... she's going to pretty much be like Shoukaku... she's going to have an interchangeable Kai Ni.

Also to note, they will be also be adding MORE UI changes this update!

And there will be a chain of quest that will be implemented that will need to be completed to gain a new a very powerful fighter plane... and it will be the last of the Squadron Themed planes.

My bets are it's going to be the Iwamoto Squadron. Lead by Iwamoto Tetsuzo he was a ace pilot that servered on board Zuikaku and planes a major role with his fighter team during the Battle of the Coral Sea.

So my bets are on the a Type 52 Iwamoto Squadron, which can likely be upgraded into a Reppu Iwamoto Sqaudron.

Also.... from last night tweet....

We learned that there will be a training cruiser that will be given as as an event reward for the upcoming event.. As the IJN, there's only one group this falls under... the Katori Class. We already have Katori, so they leaves us with either... Kashima or Kashii. The only other training cruisers that were completed.

What I'm curious about is.... will there be a benifit to have more than one training cruiser? That's a question that we do not know as of yet.... also have Zuikaku's shoe...

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #573 on: October 27, 2015, 10:07:22 PM »
I honestly can't wait until they start implementing the jets for the Kaku's. I'm also mostly focused on grabbing a ton of medals during the next event so that I can get the three blueprints I needs for the Kaku's and Abukuma.

Medals are hard to get sometimes. ;>;

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #574 on: October 27, 2015, 10:11:36 PM »
I honestly can't wait until they start implementing the jets for the Kaku's. I'm also mostly focused on grabbing a ton of medals during the next event so that I can get the three blueprints I needs for the Kaku's and Abukuma.

Medals are hard to get sometimes. ;>;
Same here I thought my 3rd BP would go to Katsuragi, but my Zuikaku is close to armored level and above Kai Ni level.

Totaku

« Reply #575 on: October 28, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »
Well the updates keep rolling in rather quickly through the night... so I'm here to give some more news:

1. Kancolle Arcade has been delayed!! Unfortunately, anyone who had plans to come to the Japan area during the fall / winter season to check out the arcade are going to have wait now.... The arcade itself is getting some feature updates which has resulted in it's delay... the planned released date for the arcade is Spring 2016.

2. Some stuff regarding UI features have been mentioned!! We're going to get a feature that will allow you to.... record your fleet composition for later use!! This means you can preserve a composition and use it later when you choose to! This might come in handy for quick selecting your expedition fleets and so forth!

Things are shaping up real nicely for this update... Also as a reminder.. you got 2 day to fish! Get cracking!!!
Now I Twitter

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #576 on: October 29, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
So yeah, I retired from playing KanColle. I had work, school, and KanColle, and only one of those was optional.

But just because I won't play KanColle anymore doesn't mean I won't still be a KanColle fan. I still plan on drawing lots of KanColle fan art and publishing a fanbook. That's how it was with Toho Project - I wasn't able to finish drawing any of my doujinshi until I had quit playing Toho games entirely.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the advice, stories, and moral support. Thanks to Totaku, HighZealot, and Duckie for the videos.

It's a pity that I won't be around for Zuikaku K2, but you know what they say. Sometimes when you quit, you have to go cold turkey.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #577 on: October 30, 2015, 12:28:50 AM »
So yeah, I retired from playing KanColle. I had work, school, and KanColle, and only one of those was optional.

But just because I won't play KanColle anymore doesn't mean I won't still be a KanColle fan. I still plan on drawing lots of KanColle fan art and publishing a fanbook. That's how it was with Toho Project - I wasn't able to finish drawing any of my doujinshi until I had quit playing Toho games entirely.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the advice, stories, and moral support. Thanks to Totaku, HighZealot, and Duckie for the videos.

It's a pity that I won't be around for Zuikaku K2, but you know what they say. Sometimes when you quit, you have to go cold turkey.

Aw no problem Sixten Imma miss you being in my streams, also THE TURKEY PUNS! XD

Totaku

« Reply #578 on: October 30, 2015, 06:50:38 AM »

As I metnioned before to you. I can fully understand your choice behind this therefore I understand if you must go. It's hard to find a proper balance between ship girls and creativity... heck I'm doing more wiki work these days. @_@ So I sit asking myself if I'll have to switch off the ride sooner or later. The only reason I know I can still hold on is because I'm pretty much in the super late game part of game play, where most of my work involves training less important ship girls and grinding for equipment I need, ect... it's actually something I can do rather quick at this point making it less of a struggle.

Eitherway I'm glad you were able to join us as long as you did and I will look forward to your work for both Touhou and Kancolle in the future.

In the meantime...

2Spoopy4me....

Now I Twitter

Totaku

Gonna make another post since the update is now complete! The update is now over, Zuikaku's got her Kai Ni, you all have an easier to manage user interface and to top it all off Halloween!

Here's what this update has in store for you for the Halloween / Zuikaku special!

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/October_30th

1. Zuikaku now gets a kai ni
She'll require a very high level to be remodeled.
She'll requires a blueprint and a Prototype Flight Deck Catapult.
She will also come with some new Kai Ni lines.

2. Zuikaku Kai Ni can be remodeled into kai ni kou
 Converting into kai ni kou requires additional resources
 It is possible to convert back from kai ni kou into kai ni
Kai ni and kai ni kou have different colouring

3. Ship slots have been increased
Maximum is now 270
Maximum equipment has increased by 40 (IRL Monies still required)

4. Organisation UI Update
You can now save fleet compositions
You can find the new screen to save your compositions in the bottom left of the Organisation screen
To save a fleet select the topmost tab in the bottom left and click the record (記録) button.
You can currently save only 3 fleets
You can unlock up to 2 more save slots by using a dock key
To use a fleet you have saved, click on the uppermost tab in the bottom left and click the deploy (展開) button
The equipment the girls have is whatever they are currently equipped with, equipment loadouts are not saved
You can delete saved configurations

5. Equipment UI update
It is now possible to drag and drop to swap equipment on ship girls

6.  New fighter planes
Type 21 Zero Fighter (Iwamoto Squadron)
Type 52 Zero Fighter (Skilled)
 Type 52 Model C (Iwai Squadron)
 Type 52 Model A (Iwamoto Squadron)

7. Around 12 new missions added
Organise the 3rd Aviation Squadron
Organise the Ozawa Fleet
Sortie the 3rd Aviation Squadron to the Southern Islands
Form the elite fighter squadron
Some quests will have a prerequisite

8. End of saury event
Leftover sauries will be deleted
Isokaze's autumn CG will be saved in the shipdex
Isokaze is no longer a drop

9. End of Autumn festival

All yukata and Oktoberfest CG will be removed and saved in the shipdex
Autumn voice lines will be removed
Autumn Saury CG will remain

10. Halloween begins
 Libeccio and Roma will receive Halloween CG
 Libeccio will get Halloween voice lines

11. Limited time drop for Libeccio
World 4-5 will have a chance to drop Libeccio

12. Misc

Skilled pilot item has been added
        Shinden Kai Ni gets a +3 EVA buff
        Admirals who don't have Libeccio will have a 3x drop rate

Now go and enjoy you super Spoopy Halloween and have fun with Zuikaku.. you will not have before the event begins!

Now as usual here's your kanmusus in thier new forms:

Zuikaku Kai Ni and Kai Ni A (Armored Carrier Version)

Just like Shoukaku, Zuikaku can switch between her forms once she hits Kai Ni level. She should need to be at level 80 for basic Kai Ni upgrade and level 90 for switching between Armored and Standard Carrier form.

Halloween Roma and Libeccio

Also for anyone that doesn't have Libeccio... this is going to be your big chance to get her since her drop rate will be 3x as much as compared to those who own her.

That should cover it!
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Is it really a max of 5 fleet templates? For some reason wikia is saying 12 unless that's a mistranslation.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good luck at 4-5.~ Also CUTENESS DIABETES!!!!! On the Halloween Costumes.... kinda sad it's just two...

Totaku

Is it really a max of 5 fleet templates? For some reason wikia is saying 12 unless that's a mistranslation.

Yup I looked at the tweet to review the translation this morning and the tweet specifically say.

You can save up to a total of 3 fleets and you can expand it with a dock key up to two more save slots.

So yes, in total you can have up to a max of 5 save slots in a fleet..

But from the looks of someone who did buy thier keys.... it's 2 extra save slots PER fleet. Which when unlocked with the purchase of the dock key can give you a total of 8 extra slots So really the correct number of save slots you get if you buy them all is... 11 save slots.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good luck at 4-5.~ Also CUTENESS DIABETES!!!!! On the Halloween Costumes.... kinda sad it's just two...

Well considering the fact that Japan is only recently becoming accustom to Halloween (it's been growing as a trend since early 2000) If they want to reflect this aspect in the game properly, then the Japanese Ship Girls would not really be familiar with Halloween.

But in a country like Italy... that has an equivalent called "All Saint's Day" which follows some of the Halloween traditions (that they been doing for centuries) we know here (mostly the giving of candy to children that we have here in the US). I imagine that the Italians shipgirls would be the first to bring this trend in game.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:39:13 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

Zweikaku get! This time I was ready for it! (now I just need to level her to level 90 to get Kou... ;_; )

I see Libeccio has joined the general groping loli trope now :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Level 90.

Why does this game taunt me so? ;>;

Totaku

Well guess what? Just as this update came out some interesting turn of events happened in real life....

Konishi (The artist responsible for a large amount of Kanmusus in Kancolle [mainly Kongous and the Cranes]) Came out earlier today and posted a series of tweets complaining about how he felt he was not treated right for the work he put into Zuikaku. The reasons...

The Kancolle staff squashed her image within in game...
Konishi's original art (shown to the left) and Zuikaku's art in game (shown on the right)

As a result, a dispute happened on twitter between him and the staff that got resolved quickly.... Zuikaku's image is going to fixed up and replace tomorrow morning sometime before noon. So imagine you'll need to refresh the game when the time comes but beyond that, the content should work accordingly. Again, they apologize for the mistake. So yeah expect Zuikaku's image to be fixed tomorrow morning.
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
stuff
I'm not quite seeing it? Did they screw up the shading or something?

Totaku

I'm not quite seeing it? Did they screw up the shading or something?

The aspect ratio of Zuikaku got squashed a bit... if you look at her face and the angle of her flight deck you'll notice the angles are slightly different. It's only about a 5% difference between the original drawing and what's shown in game, but it's enough that it cause the artist to throw a fit till the devs realized what had happened and are now planning to fix it.
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
The aspect ratio of Zuikaku got squashed a bit... if you look at her face and the angle of her flight deck you'll notice the angles are slightly different. It's only about a 5% difference between the original drawing and what's shown in game, but it's enough that it cause the artist to throw a fit till the devs realized what had happened and are now planning to fix it.
As a visual art design graduate.... I don't blame Konishi for flipping his shit about his art being ruined, I saw her face looked like they squished it in wrong.

Totaku

As a visual art design graduate.... I don't blame Konishi for flipping his shit about his art being ruined, I saw her face looked like they squished it in wrong.

Yeah, I don't blame Konishi at all for what he said during his rant. But I will admit I know that he has a somewhat shaky relationship with the Kancolle devs in general since there had been issues with his work in the past. (Specifically the Kongou Class's Kai Nis) It kinda resulted in him taking a 6 month brake from the his account and go into an alternet name for a while. (he had the rest of the Kongous and Sakawa completed in advance at the time)

Eventually they resolved what ever issues they had and he ended up rejoining the team again.  And now this comes up, thankfully though it was resolvable.

Now let's move on to a few more things

I sat down a talked to some more people regarding Ruka's statement about Wikia's 12 save slot rumor.... And it seem the information varied so much I decided there was only one way I could actually debunk this.... by forking $20 to put this theory to the test.

What I conclude is.... There is not 12 save slots, there is only 5 save slots you can have in total.The 3 you get by default and the 2 you get after you pay for them.

I demonstrate it in the video shown here.
http://original.livestream.com/totaku/video?clipId=pla_8879f75e-74f0-484d-82da-74e86fe40b52&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Long story short, the story was you get to purchase an extra save slot for "each fleet", but it turns out the save slots are used for all fleets in general. There for you can purchase only two extra ones that can be used for all your fleets in general... not 12...

This leads to where the mis-translation came from...

.. I believe it has to do with how someone translated the text to the 6th note from the update.

※増設したい場合は「ドック開放キー」で最大+二編成分増設可能です。

The make this as simple as possible, the mistranslated came from "+二" As it was mistaken as "12" when it's really "+ 2". It's possible to mistaken "十" and "+" as one another if you're not familiar with the Japanese writing system. So as a word of advice... please read the text and kanji carefully before making incorrect assumptions.

Finally, let's move on to the most important bit...

The Autumn Event's Starting Date has been confirmed!!
11/18

You got 19 days....Get your fleets ready....

Oh and also Zuikaku got her hot fix already she should look more accurate to how she's drawn now... just restart your game to see the effects in full.
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I'm almost ready with my Abukuma Kai Ni just 3 levels to go then I'll just gun for Choukai Kai Ni due to I only need 1 more medal and plus she desereves it due to her Henderson slaying skills was just epic last event then I will decide on whether Katsuragi Kai or Zuikaku Kai Ni will be needed for the next blueprint. While training either Ushio, Kako, or Hatsuharu for Kai Ni.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #591 on: November 02, 2015, 01:59:22 AM »

Looks like I'm not alone here, I left KC for Classical music (and Steven Universe. But mostly Classical music). :'P

Totaku

Ok, so it seems this update the staff did has SEVERAL screw ups... First was the Konishi art  screw up (Which I learned Konishi later admitted he sent the wrong file.)

But now the big one we got is tied to the largest series of new quests that came out.....

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Quests#Newly_Implemented_Quests_.28October_30.2C_2015.29

So as you all probably know this quest invovles you having to jump through a large series of hoops in order to make some of the good planes that can be made from this route.

For example, one quest involves you partaking in a monthly where you train a type 21 plane and max it out.... give it Houshou, make her your scratery, and then scrap some other planes to improve it to a skilled variant.

With this and through a series of quest you do where you improve your plane, there is one group that if you rushed it early on and not completed it by the end of October(To be specific, it's the Owaza Quest + the quest you earn the skilled piolit)... you may have accidentally locked yourself out of obtaining the new fighter plane. (If you haven't done the quests yet, you'll be safe, just make sure to complete it all before month's end)

The staff has decided that because they goofed up on how this quest runs, they're going to compensate players sometime this week for thier screw up. How? We'll just have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:19:37 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
With this and through a series of quest you do where you improve your plane, there is one group that if you rushed it early on and not completed it by the end of October(To be specific, it's the Owaza Quest + the quest you earn the skilled piolit)... you may have accidentally locked yourself out of obtaining the new fighter plane. (If you haven't done the quests yet, you'll be safe, just make sure to complete it all before month's end)
Whoa, wait a moment... There's a time limit on this?

Totaku

Whoa, wait a moment... There's a time limit on this?

Yes basiclly this was discovered by players who managed to tried to complete the quest chain in 2 days and failed. Long story short: If you don't complete the Iwai Squadron quests by the end of the month, you can be potentially locked out from earning the Type 62 Iwai Sqauadron plane.

The main components for this is if you choose to use your skilled pilot and not choosing to complete to Ozawa Sortie Quest (Go to 2-4 with Ozawa Fleet and S rank it). Course to access said quest, you need to clear out some of the more difficult monthly quests to boot.

But like I mentioned though.. the dev team is suppose to do something about this issue later this week.

But in the meantime, remember.. if you start the plane conversion quests for the type 62 Iwai.... you need to get it done BEFORE the end of the month! Or face loosing your plane!
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Yes basiclly this was discovered by players who managed to tried to complete the quest chain in 2 days and failed. Long story short: If you don't complete the Iwai Squadron quests by the end of the month, you can be potentially locked out from earning the Type 62 Iwai Sqauadron plane.

The main components for this is if you choose to use your skilled pilot and not choosing to complete to Ozawa Sortie Quest (Go to 2-4 with Ozawa Fleet and S rank it). Course to access said quest, you need to clear out some of the more difficult monthly quests to boot.

But like I mentioned though.. the dev team is suppose to do something about this issue later this week.

But in the meantime, remember.. if you start the plane conversion quests for the type 62 Iwai.... you need to get it done BEFORE the end of the month! Or face loosing your plane!
Oh, I see. So essentially, the dev team is going to fix the quest so that if someone chooses to wait on it they'll be able to do the quest completely without having to worry about a time limit then, correct? I'm just wondering because I've started stockpiling for the event and I'd rather not use more resources than I need to.

EDIT: Just checked what it said on the wiki and the wording makes it sound as if the quest chain will reset every single month. I don't even know anymore. ;>;
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:35:58 PM by Kasu »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
This is kinda bad for me since I don't have Zuihou. Wait, is Zuihou required for that?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Abukuma Kai Ni quest has now been completed:

Now I just need help on deciding where to go from there:

http://strawpoll.me/5905928

Totaku

This is kinda bad for me since I don't have Zuihou. Wait, is Zuihou required for that?

For some of the quests in the quest chain.... yes she will be required.. there is some good news though:

The Dev team have applied a hot fix to the quest chain regarding the new Iwai Squadron plane. So once you complete the quest prior to it it shouldn't disappear at month's end.All you'll need to do is complete the quest once and it should remain active.

Outside of that, what we know of the event so far is:

It's going to be a Medium Scale Sized Event
More mutiple shipgirls which include among them a Training Cruiser
And that you'll need a large group ships at the ready to set up at strategic water point ( A vauge hint of Combined Fleets)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:46:43 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
For some of the quests in the quest chain.... yes she will be required.. there is some good news though:

The Dev team have applied a hot fix to the quest chain regarding the new Iwai Squadron plane. So once you complete the quest prior to it it shouldn't disappear at month's end.All you'll need to do is complete the quest once and it should remain active.

Outside of that, what we know of the event so far is:

It's going to be a Medium Scale Sized Event
More mutiple shipgirls which include among them a Training Cruiser
And that you'll need a large group ships at the ready to set up at strategic water point ( A vauge hint of Combined Fleets)
Ah, excellent. So I'll just need to do that then.

Also, any news on that foreign capital ship they mentioned awhile back? I was assuming it'd show up this event.

EDIT: Just noticed that I have to finish the quest involving the sinking of 50 transports first. I-I think I'll opt out. ;>;
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:37:23 PM by Kasu »