Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227109 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: The Second SN Operation begins August 10th!
« Reply #390 on: August 17, 2015, 01:58:10 AM »
Beat E-5 and had Fubuki get critted in the first node for E-6.

I'm only doing Medium for the Kai Ni item.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #391 on: August 17, 2015, 03:02:57 AM »
The pain continues... I must've used about 200 buckets to clear this and much more SAN. I think I'll take it easy for the next map.

http://youtu.be/_Ml-JNxwvzM

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #392 on: August 17, 2015, 05:42:21 AM »
I've only managed to tickle her today, but I'm hoping to deliver my vengance upon her tonight.... may tonight's hunt be the final.... I hope...

http://original.livestream.com/totaku Night of the Great Hunt in the Solomons, Night 7: E-4 The Henderson Hunt Continues!
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #393 on: August 17, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
E-4 and E-5 Normal cleared.

So I went and counted the number of my ships that had been locked by this event:

E-1 / E-2

Kikuzuki, Shimakaze, Yukikaze, Hatsushimo, Hatsuharu,
Mogami, Mikuma, Fuso, Yamashiro, Nagato, Mutsu,
Maya, Chokai, Jintsu, Hiyo, Junyo

16 ships (5DD, 2BB, 2BBV, 2CAV, 2CA, 1CL, 2CVL)

E-3 / E-6

Kongo, Haruna, Zuikaku, Katsuragi, Hiryu, Soryu,
Zuiho, Ryujo, Chikuma, Tone, Fubuki, Shigure,
Abukuma, Isuzu, Kitakami, Myoko

16 ships (2FBB, 4CV, 2CVL, 2CAV, 2DD, 2CL, 1CLT, 1CA)

E-4

Murakumo, Yudachi, Kako, Kinugasa, Furutaka,
Hiei, Kirishima, Kaga, Shoho

9 ships (2DD, 3CA, 2FBB, 1CV, 1CVL)

E-5

Akitsushima, Ise, Hyuga, Makigumo, Ooi, Akagi

6 ships (2BBV, 1DD, 1AV, 1CLT, 1CV)

Total: 47 ships (10DD, 2BB, 4BBV, 4FBB, 6CV, 5CVL, 3CL, 6CA, 2CLT, 4CAV, 1AV)

I probably could've used fewer ships with better planning.

But one thing this event has done is put the spotlight on ships that would normally never be deployed.

Shoho doesn't have the power of Ryujo or Junyo. But she had to see action in the hellish E-4 because Ryujo and Junyo were locked. Furutaka, although she has a K2, ranks behind Maya, Chokai, the Tone sisters, and the Myoko sisters. But she had to go to E-4 as well because I haven't leveled any Myoko sisters and all the better cruisers were locked.

Shoho and Furutaka performed better than expected. Shoho contributed to air superiority and helped not get D defeats at the sub node. Furutaka was responsible for three of the four clean kills of Henderson, including the final kill. If not for the fleet locking, Shoho and Furutaka would never have had a chance to shine.

And I never thought I would get a return on investing 79 levels in Makigumo - a destroyer without a K2 known more for her depth charges and her voice than her combat ability. But I did.

Don't get me wrong, fleet locking absolutely sucks. But it makes for some great stories.

PS. I lost the Grand Admiral rank in-game. Which is just as well; a chicken like me doesn't deserve such a rank anyway.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #394 on: August 17, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »
E-3 report is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVUFQQPW4E

I'll probably start my revenge against Henderson tonight.

Totaku

« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2015, 10:21:31 PM »
E-4 Conclusion: Hendeson, my old friend we meet again in the battlefield...

E-4 as far as I'm concern was more intense than it should have been. The primary goal as mention before hand is to take the north route during the early phase of the battle. And by pass the new Wos and thier red glowing Takoyakis... those things can hurt you BADLY if you let them have a chance to fight!

Overall I had to take that route about 30 times before turning around and working on another path.... because by that point the Airfeild Hime was on her last kill and as Ooyodo's notes mentioned.... The forces would change drastically!

By this, she meant that the forces would mobilize to the north leaving the south path less defended... so in other words...

The only sane way to play through E-4 for the last kill is to transverse through the night battle route! Go north will have you saying hi to Wo kais which will tear your fleet apart.

The night battle session was intense I choose to keep both Hiryuu and Ryuujou in the team.  Meaning I had to ride on hopes that my kanmusus would target the most dangerous ships and also not get mangled by two of them in each fight!

This resulted in another 9 battles until finally... it happened... the final battle against my adversary.... HENDERSON....

and MAN WAS SHE MAD!

Basically the fight doesn't change too much from before hand... Henderson gets more planes, a little more firepower and a CL in place of that tanky transport.

Since I brought the Carrier team with me from before... taking care of her planes and gain air supercity was not a problem. Ayanami was also made into a make shift AA DD to pitch in. The rest of the fight depended on what Kongou, Haruna and Tone did... (Hiryuu and Ryuujou were incapacitated at the start of the fight)

What happened in the end was hopes and prayers... and eventually Tone pulled off the final kill!

I went through one hell of a struggle with this event. As the hime would sometime do things that even some of my pro gamers that watched d with me witnessed and said "Seemed impossible" like knock 2 of my Kanmusu into the read despite air superiority ect...

E-4 4 is a gruesome battle front, but I'm glad it's over....

Thus I've been rewarded with my prizes

Maritime Suppliments

A interesting item that can refuel your kanmsusu but only a certain ship can do this and that's....

A fleet olier who's role is more supportive than anything else... she can haul martime suppliments and use them when kanmsusu's fuel gets low to give them and give your whole fleet about 20% fuel back! This can help you get an edge in a battle... Just keep in mind that her use will be limited since Maritime Supplements are consumable.

So if you want to have more of them, you'll may want to consider purchasing....

I also got 2 rations, and 5 screw yous from the whole thing!

Not bad personally.

With that the main opperation is now done!
But the hunt is far from over....

I did also improve the Mudata Squadron from  Type 97s to Tenzan 12! And now they're the strongest torpedo bombers in the game!

THis event has been enjoyable so far, a bit of a struggle, but it's coming..... and now I'm going to take a 2 day brake to recover before I partake in the second half of the event...
Now I Twitter

« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2015, 03:30:29 AM »
Cleared E4 easy because fuck leveling up another CVL for garbage rewards.  Hard/medium not worth. 10 runs because of Yasen enemy cut in scam. It was fun watching Hiei doing 600 damage to the Hime with a DA tho.

why hellooooooooo there

I finally have all the BBs!(except the Fusous because I hate them)

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2015, 03:32:08 AM »
E-4 easy cleared. I dunno what I did right or if the odds rolled in my favor tonight, but I sailed right through to the final kill of the boss with no trouble. I only had to turn back twice during my entire set of runs, and both of those times were Fubuki getting hit to red at the pre-boss node during the 2nd or 3rd run.

[attach=1]
Final kill, end of day phase. Last enemy support standing was the battleship, which we defeated with torpedoes. We got this.

[attach=2]
Kitakami took the night battle blow. She's useless here, so it was good that she got hit instead of anyone else. Hiei has been consistently delivering the killing blow on E-4. She's a hard worker.

[attach=3][attach=4]
Drop was Maikaze, which I already have. Picked up Hayasui and used the newly unlocked quests to upgrade the Murata squadron plane to a Tenzan.

Loadout was:
Yuudachi Kai Ni - WG42 rockets, 10 cm HA, Spotlight
Kitakami Kai Ni - Quad O2, Quad O2, Minisub
Hiei Kai Ni - Zebra 35.6, 35.6 twin, Night scout, Sanshiki
Kirishima Kai Ni - Zebra 35.6, 35.6 twin, Type 0 Scout Plane, Sanshiki.
Tone Kai Ni - 20.3 ver 3, 20.3 ver 2, Yamashiro's Zuiun, Sanshiki
Kaga Kai -  Ryuusei Kai, Reppu 601, Reppu Kai, Saiun

I did NOT hit AS with this loadout.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:35:34 AM by RuneDevros »

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #398 on: August 18, 2015, 03:55:42 AM »
Welp, time to once again attempt to grab the first kill on Medium in E-6.

I think it's safe to say that E-6 will be my last map.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »
BASED.

OOI.

I was ready to give up this run but Ooi defied all odds and went straight for the boss and finished her off with her broken double attack firepower. I don't have to deal with this anymore. What's more important is that I got what I wanted.

Now I shall go forwards to fight my favourite Abyssal ship...Airfield Hime~ I'll have fun with you. (Easy mode btw because I'm saving as much resources as I can before I get to E-6 Normal)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #400 on: August 18, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
E-1 cleared on medium, then up to E-4 on easy. E-4 last dance took just 2 tries (3BB, 1CA, 2CVL), with a boss support fleet just to be safe. The support ended up nuking 3/6 ships, including one BB. Resources are holding nicely at 60+ buckets and 20K+ resources.

highzealot

« Reply #401 on: August 18, 2015, 08:32:30 PM »
So who likes bugs leading to sinking? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1YmwIMNlc

From what I've read it's caused by a 408 error (request timeout) and originally happened to macro users and can lead to impossible results such as 3 damaged girls from a battle with only 1 destroyer. Visual symptoms include battle taking a long time to load. Apparently it's theoretically possible for it to happen in vanilla situations though I don't think it has happened yet so we should all be fine.

https://twitter.com/meltfire765 I believe is investigating.

« Reply #402 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
Sinking bug scares always seem to pop up around events  :derp:

Also mfw I have no Tenzan to make the Super Shoukaku plane because I scrapped them all to make room for a bajillion Ryuusei(Kai)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #403 on: August 19, 2015, 12:30:05 AM »
No one cares about E-5.

In other news, E-6 is already a pain.

Also, this seems accurate:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=52048993

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:05:31 AM by Ruka »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:33 AM »
No one cares about E-5.
Sounds about what I wanted to say about my review of E-5 although the Nagato drop was sweet.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Totaku

« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2015, 10:38:04 PM »
It's time for me to resume the hunt after two days of rest.... today it's E-5 and Akitsushima gets put to use!

Day of the Great Hunt in the Solomons: Day 9: Taitei Overdose

This is such a cakewalk, I'll cover it once I finish it up
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:19:41 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #406 on: August 20, 2015, 12:35:35 AM »
I've made it to E-5 easy final kill.

Is there an advantage of running Akitsushima + 1 DD over the other composition (CAV+2DD) that gets you to node B?

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2015, 12:56:35 AM »
Is there an advantage of running Akitsushima + 1 DD over the other composition (CAV+2DD) that gets you to node B?

Taking Akitsushima means taking 1 less DD. You may also be running low on elite/K2 DDs once you get this far, so this might be relevant.

(Other than that, nothing really. That extra DD will hit harder than Akitsushima, and Zuiuns and normal seaplane scouts will be just as successful as Akitsushima's flying boats at getting stuff from the resource nodes.)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2015, 01:13:12 AM »
Taking Akitsushima means taking 1 less DD. You may also be running low on elite/K2 DDs once you get this far, so this might be relevant.

(Other than that, nothing really. That extra DD will hit harder than Akitsushima, and Zuiuns and normal seaplane scouts will be just as successful as Akitsushima's flying boats at getting stuff from the resource nodes.)
I used Akitsushima as flagship + full support (searchlight and starshell). Yeah, she's not meant for damage.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2015, 01:39:36 AM »
Broadcasting E-6 Easy Mode now on Twitch let the salt fest begin: http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #410 on: August 20, 2015, 01:51:51 AM »
I was...really lucky with this one. This was my first shot at Last Dance, and I was spared the continual drop in SAN after repeated chip damage at the boss before this.

http://youtu.be/VhXWxpiuj4M

Needless to say, I'll be doing E7 on Easy. I want to preserve what little SAN I have left.

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2015, 03:08:53 AM »
E-5 easy was so unremarkable that I forgot to capture screenshots. No interesting drops other than Abukuma. No real troubles other than the carrier demon in the second battle occasionally getting a lucky hit in.

I used Yuudachi, Taihou, Tone Kai 2, Yamashiro, Kitakami, and Yukikaze for the final kill. Nagato and Ooi subbed in for Yamashiro and Kitakami when they had long repair delays.

Anyway... this is what I came all the way here for. I have till the end of the event to clear E-6 on normal.

[attach=1]

Totaku

« Reply #412 on: August 20, 2015, 05:21:52 AM »
It's time for me wrap up E-5 and start making my move on E-6... what true horrors await me?

http://original.livestream.com/totaku Night of Great Hunt at the Solomons Day 9

Report in following post.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:36:02 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2015, 01:17:03 PM »
It's time for me wrap up E-5 and start making my move on E-6... what true horrors await me?

http://original.livestream.com/totaku Night of Great Hunt at the Solomons Day 9
I can tell you Totaku... TAKOYAKI HELL!

I'm quite happy I did detour last night to level an important member of my team:

Welcome to the helpful side of my fleet Maya Kai Ni.

Last Night recap: http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky/v/11831938
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:32:33 PM by MewMewHeart »

Totaku

« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2015, 02:37:15 PM »
So I got through E-5 Hardcore mode....

What can I say? It's a romp through the park.... And Akitsushima made life easier.... I net lots of bauxite, ammo and dev materials.... it was actually a relaxing change of pace compared to the usual routine.

Everything went smoothly up until the final kill... only then did that map went from Easy to Hard...

In Hardcore mode, the Battleship Hime comes with a Nu-class Light Carrier, a Ne-Class heavy Cruiser, A Ri-Class Heavy Cruiser, an 2 kai-yo-ken Destroyers. She went from becoming a joke to becoming a harder to kill target because of her friends she had in tow. I had to resort to a boss support fleet to deliver the final kill. Which would of been simple if it wasn't for the Armored Carrier Hime messing my run up... 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!! and the once in a blue moon occasions where a golden transport ship would crit Hatsushimo!

Thankfully once I did make it and got the boss support fleet to take action everything came easily...

So my mind was put to rest as they support fleet manage to maim most of the enemies, and made killing the Battleship Hime easy.

So yeah... E-5 Hardcore Mode... great for collecting resources, bad killing BattleB**ches.

Oh and I got some prizes which included maritime supplies, 7 Screw Yous , Rations, a medal and probably the best thing was....

Italian Maestrale class Destroyer Libeccio

Another member of the Italian Ship Girls has joined the party! Lebiccio is one of a few series of Italian Destoyers that introduced the 120mm twin gun that would become a standard for Italian Destroyers for WWII.

Personally she's cute, which is enough for me to appreciate having her as a member of the team. I've also went killed 10 CVs and did the combined fleet quest also thus completing all the Event Related quests.

Thus Entering the next Area....

E-6: Advancing to Operation FS, and why CLTs are a bad thing...

So, I took a shot at making a Carrier Escort Team for E-6... Since E-3's team can be used here I put together the fleet consisting of....

Fleet 1: Akagi, Kaga, Souryuu, Shoukaku, Hiei, and Nagato

Fleet 2: Ooyodo, Akizuki, Prinz Eugun, Haguro, Bismarck, and Ushio.

This would be the fleet that would lead me to the boss node.. .but before that I partook in an experiment....

The CLT experiment

While CLTs are not recommended for this map due to going to a dead end.. I heard a story that suggested there's a way to go around that problem....

However... the experiment would invovle certain fleet members....

You needed to take south route to do this... which invovled you having a certain fleet members in your combined fleet...

Fubuki + Furutaka
Yuudachi + Ayanami
Hiei + Kirishima

Thankfully I reserved the third members to try this and used Ooi... what I learned is... EHIS IS A VERY BAD AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED UNDER ANY NORMAL LEVEL!!

You're forced to go through 6 battles with this fleet combination....

2 Sub fights, 1 Night Battle, and then the option to choose to take the north air raid route, or take the south night battle route! It's a VERY DANGEROUS thing to do as you will be out of fuel by the time you reach the boss node... period....

You're simply better of just not using a CLT at all and just going through it normally. Thus I removed Ooi and put in Bismarck, and replaced Kirishima with Nagato and called it a day....

The north route is probably the least painful route.. if you have enough air defense to with stand the punishment.....

Then taking to the north should make life easier.... You will have to go through swarms of nasty super Takoyakis Wos though. So pray your AA cut-ins work. As it'll save your Kanmusus lives and your planes... unless yours planes are aiming for an elite Tsu-class.. then kiss your top ranked planes goodbye.

The one thing I learned about this map is that the top route isn't painful if you got a good AACI team and lots of Reppu. Just make sure you reserve some Carriers' larger slots for your bombers / torpedo bombers since keeping thier rank up is key to making through this in one piece.

I haven't tried the south route, but I hear it has a night battle section there... which I may or may not play with.... but I hear good stuff can be found down there however....

Anyways once you reach the boss you have to fight...

The Aircraft Carrier Hime has not changed that much since past battles, so she's going to be a tough adversary to fight like usual, but also she's going to be hard to take down... however... what really tops the cake here is the fact you besides the hime herself, she doesn't have anyone else to support her in terms of air support.... so your 4 carriers should be more than enough to gain Air Superiority....

However it doesn't mean she doesn't have a bunch of powerful friends with her....

A bunch of strong AA supportive friends that is....

So yeah... she can still mess up your fleet during air phase.. .but it's not goign to be a likely case she herself will pose as much of a threat a her friends will..

With 3 Kai-oh-Ken Destoyers a Tsu-class Light Cruiser (AKA the plane killer) and a Battleship Hime you know you're in for one hell of a ride....

I've only made one attempt so far, and I will say this is manageable... but I'm going to make sure my entire fleet is sparkled... this is not an enemy fleet I will take lightly.... and those destroyers WILL WRECK YOU!!! You must kill them before they launch torpedoes at your escort fleet! As they will INSTANTLY CRIT YOU!

I only took her down 1/3 of her HP for the fight.. but as I said this looks like a manageable battle... just got to my ducks in a row.... The question is... how much will I suffer before I get my big prize..... the Prototype Flight Deck Catapult

Also if you're luckly enough, you might find this....

Yuugumo-Class DD Kazagumo

Another Yuugumo DD... again, you probably will want her for her rare equipment + skilled look out you can get... that's generally the main reason people hunt for Yuugumo. :P

I think this wraps up what I was going to say... let's see if I can survive hell. :P
Now I Twitter

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2015, 04:03:01 PM »
I was...really lucky with this one. This was my first shot at Last Dance

See, this is why I thought at first that it would be fine to go to E-6 Normal with Level 74 Soryu and Level 62 Hiryu. Three sorties and one boss fight in, after seeing the resource cost, I decided to take the advice of some more experienced players. I'm not going back until Soryu and Hiryu are both K2 (at level 78 and 77, respectively).

It took about two hours to get Soryu those last four levels. Hiryu will require a little more time, but it's not a difficult task.

E-6 Normal will be expensive, but fortunately it doesn't look impossible.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
Still plugging away at E-6 Medium. I'm trying not to rush so I can conserve buckets, but it's slow going.

highzealot

« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2015, 10:49:56 PM »
I hate E-4. Almost 85% of the time someone gets critted before the boss. It's not even resource intensive, just time intensive. I just want to reach the final kill and be able to take the yasen route already.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #418 on: August 20, 2015, 11:29:52 PM »
Started E7 Easy. It's amazing I get red zoned before I reach the boss...

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2015, 03:28:43 AM »
Made four runs on E-6 so far.

1. Turned around at submarine node. Yukikaze got hit to red.
2. Turned around at Node L by carrier attack on Tone.
3. Successfully reached boss. Depleted down to < 30 HP
4. Successfully reached boss. Depleted down to < 30 HP

Need help optimizing the team so that I can actually kill it when it comes time. (Tone will have Night Scout. Forgot to put it on her after sparkling in my last run.).

Main team

Escort team