Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227107 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: The Second SN Operation begins August 10th!
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »
If you're on easy mode (which you must be, with an HQ level of 17), fleet-locking is ignored. The ships will still get tagged, but you can deploy them wherever you wish.

It is recommended to include Kikuzuki among the ships you're training for E-1. She gives you an easier path as long as you have no carriers or subs in your fleet.

And if you can make it to E-2, you can find some extremely rare ships at the boss node, such as the carrier Unryu, who allows you to complete quests that grant powerful carrier equipment.

I don't care about Unryu, but there are some people here who do...
Oh right, I forgot ship locks got ignored on Easy.  Guess that's not AS bad then.  I will definitely try to get to E-2, but it doesn't change that as I am I'd use up way too many resources for it to be worth it, so I'm gonna take a few days or so to beef up my shipgirls before I try a renewed assault.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:26 PM »
Oh right, I forgot ship locks got ignored on Easy.  Guess that's not AS bad then.  I will definitely try to get to E-2, but it doesn't change that as I am I'd use up way too many resources for it to be worth it, so I'm gonna take a few days or so to beef up my shipgirls before I try a renewed assault.
I suggest saving buckets for the last week of the event especially if you don't have much. Just focus on casually getting as far as you can for the first week before pushing through while leveling at the side.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #332 on: August 10, 2015, 11:40:17 PM »
MY BODY IS READY!!!!!!! 8:30 PM on Twitch watch me take on a few parts of the event. on easy mode if you want to.

Stream is now live GO! GO! GO! http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:37:07 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2015, 03:24:43 AM »
It is time.

I'M COMIN' FOR YA UNRYUU. THIS TIME FOR SUUUUUURE.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »
The best thing that ever happened to me during my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky/v/10470670

Tomorrow I'll be off screen unlocking E-3 and E-4... I'm dreading what's behind those curtains right now, good night everyone.

(Sweet victory in my book) I'll give my 2 cents about E-1 and E-2 when I'm more focused.

Livestream recap thus far: http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky/v/10448786
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:19:14 AM by MewMewHeart »

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2015, 05:49:47 AM »
Well the time has come! To partake in the seasonal great hunt! I shall be streaming starting now until at least I beat E-1 or get tired.

So without further adue LET THE GREAT HUNT BEGIN!!!

The Night of the Grand Hunt - The Second SN Operation: The Kancolle Daily Event MegaStream: http://original.livestream.com/totaku

E-1 Stream is over! The Hunt was successful!

E-1 - Why Destroyers can be such terrible things....

Note: The following is being done in Harcore Difficulty... your milage may vary depending on the difficulty you use....

E-1 on the most part could be considered simple.... if you done research on the area you're fighting in.....

Long story short, you need to make sure your kanmusus are mostly light if you're going to complete it the hard way, because you'll be redirected and dead ended or wrecked.... however there's one key player that cam get you to the boss in two battles....

Kikuzuki (As seen as the flagship)....

By using her you can evade most of the hard fights and go through only the destroyer blockade at node A.

The Destroyer Blockage at node A is not hard...assuming your kanmusu hit the late model DDs... Since if they are left alone, thier torpedo will likely wreck you. Same cam sometime apply to the Ni-Class Light Cruiser who can sometime crit you... but he's less of a concern.

When you make it past that Kikuzuki will lead you to a supply node and then to the Boss node..

The boss node has you face off against a familiar opponent from before..

The Destroyer Hime

Because you're using Kikuzuki, your punches aren't going to be all that great, so you'll need to compensate this by bringing in some decent fleet memebers. The crew I showed before hand worked for the first 5 kills (kinda..) but for the last kill it got ugly...

During the early fights she comes with a pack of late model DDs. Which as mentioned before are threatening... but the real theat comes later on in the final kill...

These new improved DDs are strong enough to plow through your Destoyers like butter with thier firepower alone! Thus making them far more dangerous than you likely anticipated to be... to top it off... they are massively dodgy! Thus very hard to kill in general.

I actually struggled a bit, with this map, but thankfully I did pull through after switching out Hatsukaze for Suzuya (She was strong enough to kill the Hime).... I do however think this as a sign to not treat any of the future maps as lightly.... As anyone playing hard mode will have to deal with these thing... rather often!

With the Hime and her deadly DD crew dead the victory was claimed...

And my prizes were....

A Carpenter Fairy,
A Mamiya Ice Cream,
2 Reinforcement Expansions
And 4 Battle Rations

The reinforcement expansion allows you to create a extra equipment slot for your kanmusu! However thise new slot is not in the usual location, as it servers as a consumable equip slot.

Basically if you purchase this or obtain this item, you'll be able to make a slot where you can put a consumable item in there to use during the battle this way you don't have to stick it in your equip slot!

This includes Repair Crew, Battle Rations, and Maritime Supplies so choose wilsely who to give this to. Your ship must also be over level 30 to use it!

Combat Rations are used to give your Kanmusus a moral boost in the middle of the fight! The one holding the item will get a large boost, she will also share it with two other members beside her in the composition (above and below) allowing them to gain a small boost! So in a way this can be used to give a tied changer in the battle field, but otherwise, once it's used it's gone. So plan carefully before using your combat rations to decided the best time!

That's it form me for now... I shall now prepare for my quest for E-2.... I'm certain I'm going to be tested real well here...

Resource wise I only spend 1000 fuel + ammo... the real culprit is buckets.... which I loss 35 of them....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:29:01 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
E-1 and E-2 note for easy mode:

E-1 - Attack on the Solomons

Being a fairly new Teitoku I expected a full on 1 CL + 5 DD map however faith would have it that I have to throw that logic out the window and reading up on himeuta and the wiki I see that I needed Kikuzuki to get pass a few battles however my Kikuzuki was weak and plus I needed all of the back up I could get so I called my best fleet thanks to looking up an also good comp too 1 CL, 1 CAV, 2 DDs, and a CVL would also get you to the boss however it was not that easy due to the flanks of abyssals however I made it to the boss and was met with an army of DDs late models at that along with DD Hime however little did they know that all of the plane training I've been doing resulted in this:

Not once, but twice as you'll see on my stream from last night Junyou managed to topple DD Hime and even landing the finishing the blow for all of her HP tldr: PLANE MECHANIC TOO STRONK, although I felt bad for my Hatsushimo due to they kept trying to gang up on her... however E-2 Hatsushimo and another ship would be the key to my victory.

Rewards for Easy Mode:

==============================================
E-2 - Attack on the Solomons Part 2:

E-2... can either make you or break you that's what I learned... I went the risky route and went with a carrier fleet however not before gaining air superiority at some nodes thanks to Zuikaku and Kaga and on top of that Kaga was equipped with the planes that Junyou already boosted by a lot of levels, it was not easy though even though people say easy mode is a snore fest also, I went with the Node F route of Air Node for carrier fleet expecting Takiyokis instead I got this:

Also the second abyssal in easy mode will sometimes replace with a second Wo-class Elite however, little did they know I would come packing heat through a certain DD I trained:

And if she didn't do it Maya would so I had AACIs ready for the Air Node which funny enough my fleet would 9/10 slap them silly.

But enough of that about Nagano.... at first she has 2 Ru-Class Elites with her *shudders* however by the time you get down to her last bar....

SHE COMES WITH 2 TA-CLASS ELITES and it's not funny if they hit you then you better have some buckets ready.

Nagano managed to Shouha Haguro which resulted in Haguro going beserk killing Nagano with a double attack on the finishing blow, however poor Yukikaze and Hatsushimo got hurt badly and I have to give Jintsuu some props she managed to hold out on her own throughout the whole sortie I applaud her, Hatsushimo, and Maya for helping the fleet hold out and also a little surprise happened during the second to last kill though... a certain ship decided to cheer her sister on:

Welcome Shoukaku to the Tea House Fleet.

Now then the reward for this map is the Shiratsuyu Destroyer Kawakaze:

Also have some damage art for her too:

I'm kinda not scared of E-3, but at the same time I heard E-3 was gonna be hell... let's see how easy it'll be on easy mode.

But, first let me go do this silly quest because, I don't know what the devs were thinking when they thought adding Event quests were a good idea.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:46:34 PM by MewMewHeart »

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
I had originally decided to clear the event on Normal mode. But when I logged on last night for the first time since the event began, I saw this:

The Gensui rank is given to those in the top 0.8% of their server. It is the highest available admiral rank, meaning "Marshal Admiral" or "Grand Admiral".

But even if the game thinks I'm a Grand Admiral, I feel like I don't really deserve the rank. Totaku, HighZealot, Red Frost, GPop, etc. are Grand Admirals because they have First Class Medals. I don't have a First Class Medal.

I decided to play through on Hard Mode and see if I have what it takes to become a true Grand Admiral.

E-1, even on Hard Mode, is simple as long as you have Kikuzuki. I took Kikuzuki / Shimakaze / Yukikaze / Jintsu / Mogami / Mikuma to E-1. I never had to go home early. The Destroyer Princess went down in 5 sorties. Three of the Destroyer Princess kills involved Shimakaze one-shotting her with Skilled Lookouts and 2x Quint Oxygen Torpedoes.

E-2 gave me a problem at first. I started off with a Surface Fleet with 2BBV / 2CAV / 2CVL (Fuso / Yamashiro / Mogami / Mikuma / Hiyo / Junyo) +  1CL / 2CA / 3DD (Jintsu / Maya / Chokai / Yukikaze / Shimakaze / Hatsushimo) to take the easy south route that avoids the Flagship Ru blockade. But that composition has problems getting a clean kill on the boss. I switched the first fleet to 2BBV / 2BB / 1CAV / 1CVL (Fuso / Yamashiro / Nagato / Mutsu / Mogami / Junyo). I had to deal with the Ru blockade, but the extra firepower helped me promptly get two clean kills in a row.

I've only attempted the final kill once, but I think it's doable.

If I bring a boss support expedition and sparkle everyone, I think I should make it if I just try enough times.

To deal with fleet locking, my E-2 team consists of second stringers, level 50-85. I'm saving the starters (Level 90+) for the next combined fleet map.

Things are going smoothly so far. I wonder how far I can go.

Totaku

« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
I'm going to post this because we got a live update not too long ago. Long story short...

E-6 and E-7 are Accessible and we got some bug fixes with plane expertise and with a kanmusu

August 11th, 2015

Counter Attack! The Second SN Operation Event Update Part 2

1. Summer Event: Second Expanded Operation (Extra Operation) "Operation FS" Has Begun!

The further extended operation for the KanColle Summer Event... Operation FS. Operation has begun!

Operation FS will only become accessible upon completing "Second Operation SN" and the first expanded operation.
A certain quest must be completed in order to start this operation.

2. Deployment Strategy for the Summer Event: Second Expanded Operation "Operation FS"

"Operation FS" consists of Map 6 and Map 7. Fleet centered around the mobile task force that were participating in the Second Southern Pacific Ocean Battle can be deployed to the 6th map, where as all ships deployed in the Solomon Seas can be used in 7th map.

3.  New Kanmusu Encountered in the Second Expanded Operation "Operation FS"

The Italian Destroyer Libeccio could be encountered in the expanded operation to the western waters; Yuugumo-class Destroyer Kazagumo can be encountered in the "Operation FS" that began today, and upon completion of all operations, Akizuki-class Anti-Air Destroyer Teruzuki can be encountered!

4. Bug Fix for Plane Experise

It's possible to gain (and lose) plane expertise when you initiate a PvP Battle, but this was also taking place when PvP battle is initiated against you, and this has been fixed.

The intended effect was that plane expertise level does not change if a PvP Battle is initiated against the player.

5. Bug Fix for Display of Kawakaze's Appearance

There was a bug in the text when destroyer Kawakaze is obtained, and this has been fixed.

6. Expanding Hashirajima Server

The newest server group Hashirajima server hit capacity, and the capacity has been expanded. Rankings have started to update.
When the capacity of Hashirajima server is reached, the lottery-less server opening will temporarily stop.

So for anyone who hasn't joined the game yet, the lottery free server is almost filled up! It's best to try to join in before this opprotunity goes away. Once it does, the Lottery system will resurface once again!

Besides that, well have fun if you manage to reach E-6 and E-7 the real begins there!
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »
So I managed to beat E-1 on Medium with a score of five out of seven sorties which isn't too bad. I just barely got the kill on my first E-2 sortie though, so I think I'll switch in another battleship.

I doubt I'll be doing much Hard mode this event. The rewards I've seen so far haven't really gripped me at all.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2015, 09:05:35 PM »
Finished E1 this morning before work.

https://youtu.be/NoKCVWS2274

Looking at the rewards, I may do Medium for E2 and E3, Hard for E4 and E5. Waiting on E6 and E7 results before I decide what to do there.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:33:21 PM by Ruka »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »
I'm ready to dance the night away at E-3 Easy Mode... I'll be streaming my attempts at it also Song requests are available: http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2015, 11:48:15 PM »
I finished E-2 on Medium after Jintsuu disregarded the Battleship Princess and proceeded to doubletap Evil Naka for over 190 points in damage.

I'm on Easy Mode for E-3 now because I heard that Medium is absolutely horrifying on that map.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2015, 01:23:13 AM »
Decided to do Medium for E2 mainly because the rewards didn't do it for me for Hard.

Anyway, Zuikaku GET! The Crane sisters are reunited!

Buckets used: 18
Total attempts: 6
Resources: whatever 6 x the amount of resupply is plus unknown repair and bauxite costs

http://youtu.be/Zt6sAwoo6Ug

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2015, 02:13:48 AM »
So my friend, who's been playing the game less than a year, got Ooyodo and Unryuu while beating E-2 on Easy mode.

This is the only thing that can accurately sum up how I feel right now.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2015, 03:48:48 AM »
Cleared E1 and E2 on Normal.

[attach=2]

E1 was no problem. Didn't even need Kikuzuki. I got routed to the good node 3 of the 5 trials.

[attach=1]

E2 had one set where I got turned around at the battleship node, one where I got turned around because I left with a bad loadout from PVP, and one failed attempt at the last stage. Yes, that's a Level 41 Katsuragi leading the team. For all the work shes' done, she's definitely getting my next blueprint.

Now we're on to E-3. I've heard terrible things about this level. Can someone look at my setup and see if Normal is feasible or should I drop down to Easy?

[attach=3]

[attach=4]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:55:45 AM by RuneDevros »

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2015, 03:52:58 AM »
Cleared E1 and E2 on Normal.

[attach=2]

E1 was no problem. Didn't even need Kikuzuki. I got routed to the good node 3 of the 5 trials.

[attach=1]

E2 had one set where I got turned around at the battleship node, one where I got turned around because I left with a bad loadout from PVP, and one failed attempt at the last stage. Yes, that's a Level 41 Katsuragi leading the team. For all the work shes' done, she's definitely getting my next blueprint.

Now we're on to E-3. I've heard terrible things about this level. Can someone look at my setup and see if Normal is feasible or should I drop down to Easy?

[attach=5]

[attach=4]
I'd say you're good to go, but then again, I'm on Easy mode. Needless to say, E-3 is almost too Easy on Easy, but then again I've heard horror stories about Medium. Apparently the final set-up for the boss on Medium is the normal set-up for the boss on Hard.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2015, 04:22:38 AM »
The salt I feel right now about E-4 easy mode last kill I'll post it when I'm well rested and the biggest rant.

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
I was all proud of my newly attained Grand Admiral rank, and all confident that I could earn a First Class Medal to make it all official.

When I got the final kill of E-2 on Hard rather easily on only the second attempt, I became even more confident.

Then this happened.

This is the normal setup for the E-3 boss on Hard.

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL FORM.

I guess I'm not as grand as I thought I was.

Totaku

« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2015, 05:37:49 AM »
I was all proud of my newly attained Grand Admiral rank, and all confident that I could earn a First Class Medal to make it all official.

When I got the final kill of E-2 on Hard rather easily on only the second attempt, I became even more confident.

Then this happened.

This is the normal setup for the E-3 boss on Hard.

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL FORM.

I guess I'm not as grand as I thought I was.

I hear E-3 is a beast in it's own right and is giving admirals of all skill levels some degree of difficulty. I have yet to witness this, but I shall see about it soon enough.

In the meantime....I'm time for Round 2 of THE HUNT IN THE SOLOMON ISLANDS!

Today's Game is.... The Light Cruiser Demon!!

http://original.livestream.com/totaku

The hunt is over, will report it in a later post.....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:29:42 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Just in case you were curious what the event map looked like.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »
The salt that E-4 has poured on me does not EVEN explain how I felt last night: http://www.twitch.tv/duckieplucky/v/10597584

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Just in case you were curious what the event map looked like.

That's pretty cool!

Also, I got error catted on my first run-through of E-4. I went into night battle with the boss and then the cat showed up. ;>;

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »
First run at E3 normal. Hit the air battle node. Junyou drunkenly stumbles into an enemy torpedo and gets hit to red so we all go home.

This doesn't bode well at all.

I've got a handful of these expansion upgrades and combat rations. Have we figured out yet what the best use case for them is?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:44:14 PM by RuneDevros »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2015, 07:59:37 PM »
SAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt MOOOOOOOOOOOORE SAAAAAAAAAALT:

E-4 Easy mode IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS DAMN HARD.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2015, 09:37:31 PM »
SAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt MOOOOOOOOOOOORE SAAAAAAAAAALT:

E-4 Easy mode IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS DAMN HARD.

Try Yukikaze at the bottom. She's able to hit hard at night battle with her high luck, so you want your other units to clear out the supporting enemies first to maximize the chances of her targetting the boss.

« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »
An early word of warning, easy mode E-6 WILL NOT give the item that will most likely be used for Cranes Kai Ni. Only medium and hard will give the item.

As for me I was going to try hard mode all the way through but hearing how brutal the last map is and how weak the hard mode rewards are going medium then to farming feels like the best choice. I'm going slowly so I'm on E-2 hard last dance at the moment.

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2015, 10:30:03 PM »
Try Yukikaze at the bottom. She's able to hit hard at night battle with her high luck, so you want your other units to clear out the supporting enemies first to maximize the chances of her targetting the boss.

But isn't Princess Henderson immune to torpedoes (except for some reason torpedo bombers), being an installation type?

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »
...is that an "easy" mode enemy with -five hundred hitpoints-?  The heck are you smoking, Kadokawa?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!