Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 227113 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: An Elephant Girl Never Forgets
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2015, 01:23:19 AM »
I was too sick to post this, but yay Isuzu Kai Ni get this morning, question does anyone know how to train CLTs? (Ooi and Kitakami):

@RuneDevros: Grats on Taihou!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2015, 01:58:23 AM »
How to train CLTs
step 1. give midget sub
step 2. get mvp automatically

I sound cheeky but CLTs can hit daytime torpedo damage cap very easily in normal sorties or pvp and steal mvp. If you are farming a map somewhere you can swap out a CV(L) in your composition for a CLT if you don't need the fighter power or navigation rules and level them up that way too. They are extremely versatile.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:59:56 AM by Calamity »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2015, 02:08:47 AM »
How to train CLTs
step 1. give midget sub
step 2. get mvp automatically

I sound cheeky but CLTs can hit daytime torpedo damage cap very easily in normal sorties or pvp and steal mvp. If you are farming a map somewhere you can swap out a CV(L) in your composition for a CLT if you don't need the fighter power or navigation rules and level them up that way too. They are extremely versatile.
Ok! That makes sense next map I'll level them up in is in 4-4 or 3-4.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Revisiting Ri Lanka
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2015, 09:00:38 AM »
Sorry for the delay folks, but the update is out

And as usual details are covered here: http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/June_12th
June 12th, 2015 Update (The Kako Kai Ni Update)

1. Kako Kai Voice Update

Heavy Cruiser Kako Kai will now have new voices for Idle, resupplying, married secretary and on-getting-hit.

2.  Kako Kai Ni Update

Heavy Cruiser Kako will now be upgradable to Kai Ni. The required level is high for the upgrade. No blueprint is required.
She will now have new secretary lines and battle lines.

3. New BGM

2 new BGM, "Sound of Rain in Naval Base" and "Rain, Wine, and Ship Girls" are available as naval base BGM.
Can be requested and set via Jukebox.
  Jukebox UI is updated.

4. BGM for Some Existing Seasonal Furniture

"Sound of Rain in Naval Base" can be heard by newly setting "Teru Teru Bouzu". "Rain, Wine, and Ship Girls" can be heard by newly setting the "Anchorage Counter Bar".

5. New Improvements Available at the Improvement Arsenal

Type 13 Air RADAR and Type 21 Air RADAR, as well as their improved versions Type 13 Air RADAR Kai and Type 21 Air RADAR Kai can be improved with the support of specific ship girls.

6. Effect of Improved RADAR

Depending on the RADAR specification, improvement increases the Anti-AirAnti-Air, AccuracyAccuracy, and Effective Line of Sight View Range.

7.New Equipment Development Available

The 15.2cm Twin Gun Mount and 8cm Twin High-angle Mount can be developed.

8. Effect of Anti-Surface Rocket Launcher Increased

The special bonus for WG42 is increased (still lower than Type 3 Shell), but will be more effective.

9. Certain Ships Attribute Increased

Isuzu Kai Ni has increased maximum Luck
Kinugasa Kai Ni has increased maximum Luck, Evasion, and Firepower.
Furutaka Kai Ni has increased base and maximum Evasion.
Verniy has increased maximum Luck.

10. Harbour Princess Gets Final Form       

This update implements a final form for Harbour Princess. She can be encountered at the final stage of the new map.

11. New Map Available

The Abyssal Fleet suffered huge losses during the Operation No.11 just carried out, but is gathering at the Ri Lanka Island in the Curry Ocean again. Form a strike fleet and aim to reduce the enemy forces gathering in the area. World 4-5 "Reduction of Abyssal Eastern Ocean Fleet" (Extra Operation) is implemented.

12. A Specific Point of the New Map...

By completely destroying a fleet at a specific point in World 4-5 "Reduction of Abyssal Eastern Ocean Fleet", there's a rare chance to encounter the German Destroyer Z1.
Admirals who have lost Z1 for some reason should try their luck at this.

13. Strengthened BOT/Macro Detection

Detection for Bots and Macros have been strengthened. Using illegal tools reduces the resources for the server and violates the ToS. Those who are using illegal tools should immediately cease doing so.

As usual, here's the art Kako Kai Ni

Also the return of the Seaport Hime in her final damaged state

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:39:33 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!! I ALREADY SUFFERED FROM EARRAPE AT E-4 OF THE SPRING EVENT ME NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!

Totaku

« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2015, 06:15:09 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!! I ALREADY SUFFERED FROM EARRAPE AT E-4 OF THE SPRING EVENT ME NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!

Oh but it's fun to listen to the annoying abyssals voices as you maim them! It's music to my ears! Anyways I'm going to give 4-5 a run tonight in fact I'm doing it now so you're welcome to join in if you like so you can see what you will be up against for this monthly map challenge.

http://www.livestream.com/totaku
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »
Oh but it's fun to listen to the annoying abyssals voices as you maim them! It's music to my ears! Anyways I'm going to give 4-5 a run tonight in fact I'm doing it now so you're welcome to join in if you like so you can see what you will be up against for this monthly map challenge.

http://www.livestream.com/totaku
I'll be going out today, but I'll watch the video when I get back, I'll be livestreaming 1-5 and 1-6 (blind) when my 1-5 refreshes. I'm happy to say also that I have 10 more levels for Ooi and Kitakami to Kai Ni together once I get them to Kai Ni, I'll Kai Ni Kiso so I can have an extra torpedo cruiser.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »
I got an account on the new wiki and started making minor edits. My most recent one was on the page of the 8cm "Type-Agano" high angle gun, which became buildable during the Kako K2 update but was still labeled as unbuildable on the wiki.

As you might expect, you can build Type-Agano guns with the "small guns and shells" development recipe (10F/90A/90S/30B) using an Agano-class light cruiser as a flagship. I confirmed this myself with a Level 1 Agano at HQ Level 101. You can probably build these guns in many other (and possibly better) ways, but the most logical way does work.

I don't know if Type-Agano guns are worth building though.

I've cut down on rabbit hunting in order to save up buckets. (My buckets have recovered to 575.) I just run one hunt per day and hope to get lucky eventually.

I am freakin' sick of freakin' Hamakaze and her freakin' Type 94 depth charges. And it's not just me - Ryujo's face turns green whenever Hamakaze drops during a rabbit hunt. I was able to build a 3-star Type 3 depth charge in Akashi's workshop out of the stock equipment of six Hamakazes.

In the meantime, my failed rabbit hunt counter is at 417.

The city of Cleveland will win a sports championship before I get my rabbit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:18:05 PM by Sixten »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2015, 05:03:46 PM »
Got my second 4-4 kill in finally and managed to get an another Akagi drop, I'm not feeling too bad about it I mean my resources are still in the 23k ~ 24k  with baxuite being my highest.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2015, 12:41:59 AM »
I was hoping that I could get someone new due to birthday luck today, but all I got for my troubles were two Kongou-class, Hyuuga, and Agano. Oh well.  Just means I still have to keep trying in my attempts for Yamato and Musashi.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2015, 12:52:35 AM »
So I just want to say that I did quite a bit over the last few weeks.

First off, after getting DJ Ashigara I went after Kiso Kai Ni. Now I have a 3rd CLT, though I probably won't be using her as much as KTKM and Ooi. We'll see how the future pans out.

While I was doing that, I decided to finally go after the submarine quest chain to finally get the German boy shipgirl into my fleet and unlock my chances of getting either Max or Bismarck. I'm really glad I got that stuff out of the way :V

After that I did a couple attempts for Bismarck but to no avail,  but I did manage to get someone else on the side :V

I got my second German shipgirl. I actually like Max. She's cute (and I don't think she looks like a boy...at least not as much as Z1 lol)

Finally, earlier today I finally accomplished another feat. That is getting Ryuujou Kai Ni

I know she's not the best CVL out there but I really wanted to get that much improved art. I couldn't stand looking at her regular Kai art, and I like RJ anyways :V

For now I'm gonna take a small break, maybe try a few more LSCs here and there for Bismarck when my resources are back up again.

« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2015, 06:32:53 AM »
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Type_32_Surface_RADAR_Kai

*heavy breathing*
The fairies better mean Hyuuga and Ise Kai Ni are in the works.

Forever grindy, made Murakumo, Kiso, Jintsuu, Haruna K2. Now to decide to Blueprint Biscuit or Pastas...

and this is obviously the most legit way to clear quest B16 and B19 at the same time

one run ftw

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2015, 05:20:40 PM »
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Type_32_Surface_RADAR_Kai

*heavy breathing*
The fairies better mean Hyuuga and Ise Kai Ni are in the works.
Oh damn, that's a nice radar.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2015, 10:05:51 PM »
Double Yuri CLTs get because why not:

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
That is getting Ryuujou Kai Ni. I know she's not the best CVL out there

What are you talking about? She IS the best CVL out there. Sure, Junyo, Hiyo, Chitose, and Chiyoda carry more planes, but being the best is about more than just gameplay usefulness.

and this is obviously the most legit way to clear quest B16 and B19 at the same time

I have completed both those quests, but I was not wise enough to do them at the same time.

Anyway...

Beat 1-5, 1-6, 2-5, 3-5 for the month. Unfortunately 4-5 and 5-5 are still beyond my capabilities. Got buckets up to 630 and all resources up to 60-75k.

K2'd Maya, Kirishima, Haruna (yes, that's all four Kongo sisters now), Hatsuharu. Training Furutaka, Hatsushimo, Shokaku. My Level 95 Zuikaku is probably ready for her K2 when it happens. (My only two ships with a level higher than Zuikaku are Level 97 Fubuki and Level 119 Ryujo.)

427 rabbit hunts; still no rabbits. Edited my MOTK profile text to reflect the futility of my rabbit hunting. Once I get to 500 failed hunts, the Knights of the Table Salt will admit me into their fellowship, giving me the title of "Sir Sixten the Rabbitless".

Finally, 6-3 is coming. I haven't even passed 6-1.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2015, 02:30:27 AM »
I don't even feel like KanColle-ing anymore...

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »
This morning I decided to complete the "Defeat 5 bosses in the Northern Sea (3-3, 3-4, 3-5)" weekly quest by going to 3-4.

This is generally a bad idea because the 3-4 compass is frustrating and occasionally the southern pre-boss node has the Go Home Team.

The Go Home Team.

But 3-4 is the only map where you can hunt rabbit (as well as other rare ships like Nagato, Taigei and Hatsukaze) while completing the weekly quest.

Completing the quest via 3-4 turned out to be not too hard, but I still don't have my rabbit (lifetime number of hunts: 447).

I must have been unusually cruel to rabbits in a previous life.

Totaku

« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »
Since Sixten already mentioned it, I'm going to go ahead and go into detail about it since the Devs talked more about the map....

6-3 is hinted to be a recon mission themed map. And they mention that the use of Type 2 Flying Boats might be benifical, but is optional for the map, as you can still beat 6-3 regardless.

They also pointed out the map is based on Operation K which for those that don't know.... Operation K was a recon mission that took place sometime after Pearl Harbor out in the Central Pacific.

While the Americans were trying to salvage and recover from the damages from the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan performed a small time raid a few months following the attack where they used 2 only Flying Boats and 2 submarines to perform a raid along the Hawaiian Islands and bombed a few spots there There was no casualties on either side, but it did cause additional fears back then of the IJN possibly taking over Hawaii.

If this is a hint, then I speculate we will be needing a bunch of small ships for this map. Particularly Submarines, maybe Destoyers, maybe Seaplane Tenders and if you have her... Akitsushima.

If you have Akitsushima, expect her to play an important role with routing purposes. But as they have mentioned the map should be beatable even if you don't own her.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:44:58 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2015, 12:16:06 AM »
A couple months ago, this happened.

So of course this happened on rabbit hunt #448, in 3-4.

Unbelievable. Although, given the degree to which the RNG has decided to frustrate my rabbit hunting, maybe it isn't so unbelievable.

qMyon, you still up for that trade?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »

Unbelievable. Although, given the degree to which the RNG has decided to frustrate my rabbit hunting, maybe it isn't so unbelievable.

Grats on Taigei do your best Sixten?~

Also... does anybody have any ideas on how to beat 5-3.. I can't even get pass the first node without dying.

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2015, 07:55:34 PM »
Also... does anybody have any ideas on how to beat 5-3.. I can't even get pass the first node without dying.

What's your 5-3 team?

My 5-3 team was:

Lv. 71 Chokai K2 (20.3 cm #2 / OTO secondary / T22 S. Radar K4 / Searchlight)
Lv. 95 Fubuki K2 (10cm HA / 10cm HA + AAFD / T13 A. Radar Kai)
Lv. 73 Shigure K2 (QuadOxyTorp / QuadOxyTorp / Star Shell)
Lv. 69 Yudachi K2 (12.7cm TypeB / 12.7cm TypeB / T22 S. Radar)
Lv. 68 Jintsu K2 (T3 Sonar / T3 Depth Charge / OTO secondary)
Lv. 86 Sendai K2 (T3 Sonar / T3 Depth Charge / Night Scout)

That's 1 CA / 3 DD / 2 CL, fully modernized, with the night battle equipment. The path was A-C-D-I-K 75% of the time - the other 25% was A-C-D-F-G-H-I-K. But 2 DDs, as long as you have no carriers, should get you to the boss.

I used the double line formation on every node. This provided both high shelling accuracy and decent anti-sub damage. The shelling damage is less than double line, but damage is so high in night battle that you'll get one-hit kills even with the ASW CLs.

Speaking of ASW, the two ASW CLs are there for the flagship sub in the boss node. The CLs have longer range than the DDs, meaning they'll act sooner during the first shelling phase. This means that the sub will be dead when your DDs get their turns, allowing them to shoot at the enemy DDs. It is important for your DDs to not waste their turns attacking a sub they can't reliably damage.

If you use line abreast at the boss, you'll only need one ASW CL to kill the sub, freeing up a slot for another ship to do double attacks or cut-ins at night. But line abreast will cause your other ships' shelling damage to decrease.

It sucks that the enemy will have air supremacy in the boss node, giving the Ta flagship double attacks (and there's two of them in the final kill). You can't bring your own carriers because they'll go to the dead end. The one exception is Akitsumaru. You can bring her and not go to the dead end. But I didn't need Akitsumaru, and you shouldn't either. Just hope the Ta doesn't wreck two of your ships before night battle.

I sparkled all my ships before every sortie. I highly recommend this. Anything to increase the chance of the enemy ships in the night battle nodes missing you.

It took 8 sorties to fully erase the boss lifebar because I got sent home early 3 times. It happens. I didn't use a boss support expedition until the final kill. Only 2 kills were S-rank. I didn't complain. (The enemy sub died every time.)

The wiki also gives 2FBB / 2CA / 2DD and 1CA / 3CLT / 2 DD as possible combinations. 2FBB / 2CA / 2DD survives more because of higher HP and armor, but takes the longer path more often. 1CA / 3CLT / 2 DD is supposedly the most efficient, with high firepower and a short path - but I don't have any decently leveled CLTs. Since you have Kitakami and Ooi at K2, you might have success with that if the composition I used isn't working for you.

Rabbit can drop with S-rank boss kills in 5-3. Unless you're me, of course.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
What's your 5-3 team?

My 5-3 team was:

Lv. 71 Chokai K2 (20.3 cm #2 / OTO secondary / T22 S. Radar K4 / Searchlight)
Lv. 95 Fubuki K2 (10cm HA / 10cm HA + AAFD / T13 A. Radar Kai)
Lv. 73 Shigure K2 (QuadOxyTorp / QuadOxyTorp / Star Shell)
Lv. 69 Yudachi K2 (12.7cm TypeB / 12.7cm TypeB / T22 S. Radar)
Lv. 68 Jintsu K2 (T3 Sonar / T3 Depth Charge / OTO secondary)
Lv. 86 Sendai K2 (T3 Sonar / T3 Depth Charge / Night Scout)

That's 1 CA / 3 DD / 2 CL, fully modernized, with the night battle equipment. The path was A-C-D-I-K 75% of the time - the other 25% was A-C-D-F-G-H-I-K. But 2 DDs, as long as you have no carriers, should get you to the boss.

I used the double line formation on every node. This provided both high shelling accuracy and decent anti-sub damage. The shelling damage is less than double line, but damage is so high in night battle that you'll get one-hit kills even with the ASW CLs.

Speaking of ASW, the two ASW CLs are there for the flagship sub in the boss node. The CLs have longer range than the DDs, meaning they'll act sooner during the first shelling phase. This means that the sub will be dead when your DDs get their turns, allowing them to shoot at the enemy DDs. It is important for your DDs to not waste their turns attacking a sub they can't reliably damage.

If you use line abreast at the boss, you'll only need one ASW CL to kill the sub, freeing up a slot for another ship to do double attacks or cut-ins at night. But line abreast will cause your other ships' shelling damage to decrease.

It sucks that the enemy will have air supremacy in the boss node, giving the Ta flagship double attacks (and there's two of them in the final kill). You can't bring your own carriers because they'll go to the dead end. The one exception is Akitsumaru. You can bring her and not go to the dead end. But I didn't need Akitsumaru, and you shouldn't either. Just hope the Ta doesn't wreck two of your ships before night battle.

I sparkled all my ships before every sortie. I highly recommend this. Anything to increase the chance of the enemy ships in the night battle nodes missing you.

It took 8 sorties to fully erase the boss lifebar because I got sent home early 3 times. It happens. I didn't use a boss support expedition until the final kill. Only 2 kills were S-rank. I didn't complain. (The enemy sub died every time.)

The wiki also gives 2FBB / 2CA / 2DD and 1CA / 3CLT / 2 DD as possible combinations. 2FBB / 2CA / 2DD survives more because of higher HP and armor, but takes the longer path more often. 1CA / 3CLT / 2 DD is supposedly the most efficient, with high firepower and a short path - but I don't have any decently leveled CLTs. Since you have Kitakami and Ooi at K2, you might have success with that if the composition I used isn't working for you.

Rabbit can drop with S-rank boss kills in 5-3. Unless you're me, of course.
Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill looking for that Nagamon... Zuihou, and Shoukaku.

Ooyodo (ASW)
Yuudachi K2
Shigure K2
Veriny K2
Yukikaze
Fubuki K2

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2015, 03:25:02 AM »
Ooyodo (ASW)
Yuudachi K2
Shigure K2
Verniy K2
Yukikaze
Fubuki K2

Perfectly valid configuration (that's one of the wiki suggestions). I'm guessing Oyodo has the searchlight and the night scout, and one of the non-Fubuki destroyers has the star shell.

The problem with Oyodo being the flagship is that her torpedo stat is low, which limits her night battle damage. If Oyodo hits a Ta Flagship in night battle, the Ta might survive. (I admit that's true for every shipgirl, but it will happen more often with Oyodo.) You want your night battle flagship (who takes the first turn in night battle) to annihilate whoever it chooses as its target, because then the target doesn't have a chance to return fire. The fewer enemy ships live to take a turn, the better your chances of survival.

I would recommend replacing one of the destroyers with your strongest K2 Heavy Cruiser (like Chokai, Kako, or a Myoko sister), making the Heavy Cruiser the flagship, and moving Oyodo to the 6th position. Give the CA flagship the searchlight, give Oyodo the night scout. With a slot freed up, Oyodo can carry a gun or an extra sonar.

However, assuming that your ship levels are around 70, you could be just having a run of bad luck. You might not even need to change anything - you're already using one of the suggested configurations. Just sparkle up and try again, you might just make it.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:03 AM »

Anytime she actually arrives at my anchorage.

No. 184,  How The Heck Is a Whale So Hard to Find Bay. Okinoshima Sea.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2015, 01:47:37 PM »
Perfectly valid configuration (that's one of the wiki suggestions). I'm guessing Oyodo has the searchlight and the night scout, and one of the non-Fubuki destroyers has the star shell.

The problem with Oyodo being the flagship is that her torpedo stat is low, which limits her night battle damage. If Oyodo hits a Ta Flagship in night battle, the Ta might survive. (I admit that's true for every shipgirl, but it will happen more often with Oyodo.) You want your night battle flagship (who takes the first turn in night battle) to annihilate whoever it chooses as its target, because then the target doesn't have a chance to return fire. The fewer enemy ships live to take a turn, the better your chances of survival.

I would recommend replacing one of the destroyers with your strongest K2 Heavy Cruiser (like Chokai, Kako, or a Myoko sister), making the Heavy Cruiser the flagship, and moving Oyodo to the 6th position. Give the CA flagship the searchlight, give Oyodo the night scout. With a slot freed up, Oyodo can carry a gun or an extra sonar.

However, assuming that your ship levels are around 70, you could be just having a run of bad luck. You might not even need to change anything - you're already using one of the suggested configurations. Just sparkle up and try again, you might just make it.
I thought so what was causing my luck it was bad luck all around...

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2015, 02:20:18 PM »
No. 184,  How The Heck Is a Whale So Hard to Find Bay. Okinoshima Sea.

You live in Okinoshima (2-5)? Wow, that's where I live too. I'm at No. 165, Be Very Quiet, I'm Hunting Rabbits Street. We just might be neighbors. I can ask the whale to pay you a visit... however, whether she gets there or not is for the compass to decide.

Totaku

« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »
Ok let me try this again because I want to say I FINALLY BEAT 4-5 after almost 2 weeks of on and off work with it!

So let me go explain what I have learned regarding what is invovled with beating this map....

4-5 The Abyssal Eastern Fleet Reduction Operation

If there is one thing I learned about this map, it's that it's a monthly Operation you shouldn't go to unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you are have a strong fleet, the best possible equipment, and a lot of resources. There are multiple ways to tackle the map, but in the long run, it's going to boil down to this.. it'll involve lots of tries, lots of resources, and lots of buckets.

There are at least 3 possible known routes I can discuss which all have thier own benifits and downfalls...

1. The Quick but dangerous route (All south route)

This involves taking the route entirely to the south which takes you through 3 battles.

The first node (Node E) is a night battle that involves lots of abyssal ships that are geared to to cut ins and you will likely get wrecked there quickly if you're lucky enough.

The second node (Node H) consist of a large heavy armada of strong fleet consisting of a CL Demon, a Ne-Class, 2 Ru-Kais, and 2 late model DDs. It's basiclly a tough map if you're fleet doesn't consists of strong BBs and CVs.

If you reach the get through that and reach the boss node with the LOS requirement you'll reach the boss node.

2. The Hump route that is less painful, but manageable (Middle Route + Node H)

This route is taken if your fleet consists of more than
The first route you take upon picking the north option from node B  to go to Node C consist of a Ta class, a few Ri classes a Tsu and some DDs. It can be painful since the Ta is pretty accurate, but it you make it past there, you'll take you to Node F....

Node F is a walk in the park because you're mainly going deal with some subs, you're either going to get tactical victory of defeat depending on your fleet setup otherwise, the subs don't do much...

You should end going to node H since you'll have more than 3 heavy ships. Which will end up with you taking to the boss route.

3. The Middle route that is manageable but harder to take on the boss node (Middle Route )

Everything from #2 applies to here except for what happens after node F. If your fleet consists of only three heavy ships (CVs + BBs) you will be allowed to go to Node J.

Node J is kinda like Node C but with a Nu and a Ne class in place of the Ri-classes. It should be stragiht forwards... afterward you should be able to hit the boss node...

Tackling the Seaport Hime

The Seaport Hime Boss node consist of you fighting against the Seaport Hime + 2 Floating Fortresses + 1 Ru-Kai + 2 Transports.

During the early phases of the fight the seaport hime is not threatening as her damage is limiting, she does however hold lots of planes so having lots of Reppu is a MUST!!

The mooks should pose very little threat except for Ru Kai who should be rather tough. If you can get to her and beat her down things should go smoothly... till the last kill....

The very last kill against the Seaport Hime will test your equipment skills and RNG to it's limits... it's on par with fighting a final boss on it's last dance in an event!

The seaport hime become VERY STRONG, VERY DEFENSIVE, AND HAS ALOT OF HP TO BOOT!

To top it all off her fleet she comes with becomes more powerful, while it mainly consist of a Ru Kai and a Ne class, it can have also 1-2 Floating Fortresses, 1-2 Transports(with one ALWAYS being Gold), and a Tsu-class and any given combination.

You're fleet will be tested to its limits to see what you need to do in terms of managing equipment to JUST get by with air partiality or more, so that you can actually do damage to the mook. The rest rides down on how lucky your are in not getting hit by the seaport hime and Ru-kai as they'll likely damage you badly....

Again Type 3 shells are a must for the seaport hime ESPECIALLY in her final form where you're going to need ship that is only lightly damaged with a type 3 shell to perform the final kill. You will other likly fail to kill her otherwise due to her rock solid defense...

This is a very luck intense map when you reach the final kill and you will BURN through your resources.... I spent 18k fuel and 16k ammo JUST on the map alone!

So what did I use?

Orginally I went with 4BB + 2 CV (Yamato, Nagato, Mutsu, Bismarck, Akagi, Kaga) and had only Yamato armed with AP ammo while the rest had Type 3 shells Akagi and Kaga were armed with reppu and Torpedo bombers... this proved to be costly but also proved to help me somewhat...

I later decided to go with a lighter fleet consisting of 2 BB, 3CA(V), and 1 CV Yamato, Nagato, Tone, Chikuma, Kyoukou, Kaga x3 Reppu and 1x Torpedo Bobmer) This made me more to make it to the boss node as I went the middle route again Yamato was armed with AP ammo, while the others had Type 3 Shell.

The rest route down to about getting defeated 20 times before FINALLY getting the kill..... yeah... it's not an easy map... but it can be done... just make sure you have a ton of resources and good kanmusu ready to help you there... it's going to be a costly map!

I will probably do this map only once a season as the risks are just TOO HIGH to spend that much on a map.... But hey I'm glad Chikuma was not hit so she could slay the seaport monstrosity... she deserves an "honorary promotion" just for that.

Also don't forget.. 3 hours from now is the update get your expedition fleets ready! And get your rainy season CG and frunitue before it's all gone!

Edit: also if for some crazy reaosn you want to farm that map for some rare Kanmusus, you can find Hayashimo, Kiyoshimo, Asashimo, and Nowaki.... also Z1(if for some crazy reason you threw her out and can't get your german kanmusus) can be found in Node I.. assuming you're using a very light fleet.....

Edit: I hope you have some kind of seaplane tender for 6-3 because it seems the devs are suggesting this is going to be a requirement for that map.

So if you don't have Akitsushima, you better have a spare Chiyodo or Chitose ready in seaplane tender form....

Edit #3: And Maintainance has started! So please be patient.... Maintenance will last till 18:00 Japan Time (One hour longer than the usual maintenance time.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:20:27 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2015, 04:14:09 AM »
Just a tiny announcement, but Shouhou is getting a Kai CG update just wanting to let others know.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2015, 04:38:21 AM »
Just a tiny announcement, but Shouhou is getting a Kai CG update just wanting to let others know.
YES.  I knew training her would pay off. ;>;

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Summer fun with Kanmusus and Recon
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2015, 10:33:56 AM »
Welp Summer is now here! So enjoy your summer fun with your Kanmsus! We get a new map, some summer themed things, and a whole slew of kanmusus with art perfect for the summer!

June 26th, 2015 The Beginning of Summer Update
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2015/June_26th

1. New CG for Shouhou Kai

Light Carrier Shouhou Kai will have new CG for both normal and damaged art. Please take care of Shouhou in the new season too!

2. Furnishing Shop Listing Updated for Season

Listings in the Furniture Shop updated for the start of summer. Includes two new furnishings "Water Bath" and "Japanese-Lantern Window"; "Beach Floor", "Wind Chimes of the Naval Base", etc., return to be available in the furniture shop.

3. New Regular Map Available

In order to search for the main force of enemy mobile forces, carry out air reconnaissance towards the abyssal anchorage deep in the Central Sea Region. Sortie to 6-3 with a seaplane tender equipped with either large flying boat or superior recon seaplanes escorted by torpedo squadron, and carry out the air reconnaissance operation "Operation K"!

4. Regarding Air Reconnaissance Map

Map Operation K is an "Air Reconnaissance Map". By using powerful seaplane for reconnaissance, it's possible to survey locations important to the enemy by air. In the case of success and critical success, obtaining a B-rank or better victory at the final destination will complete the operation and award the admiral with recon awards (resources etc.)

5. New Equipment Eligible for Improvement

With support of certain ship girls, Type 22 Surface RADAR and Type 22 Surface RADAR Kai 4 can be improved.

6. Additional Benefits for Improved SONARs

Improved SONARs and hydrophones now increase evasion against enemy torpedo salvo based on the improvement level. Please utilize this well when fighting against enemy submarine fleets.

7. Fix of Anti-Air Equipment Bug

There was a bug that prevented the Fleet Anti-Air bonus and formation bonus to be applied to the Anti-Air calculation. This update fixes the bug.

8. Takanami Banner Fix and New CG

Fixed a bug where certain banner displays will remove the Kai symbol for Takanami Kai. She now also has a new CG.

9. Seasonal CG and Voice Implementation for Shiratsuyu and Murasame

Destroyers Shiratsuyu Kai and Murasame Kai have seasonal CG and seasonal naval base voice. Please take care of the destroyers for the start of summer.

10. Seasonal Voice Implementation

Akagi, Fusou, Kaga, Tone and others have start of summer naval base voice.
We plan to have more ships with start of summer voices for the next update too.

11.End of Rainy Season CG/Voices

The rainy season CG and voices have been removed. (The CG can be viewed in the ship album/index.)

12. Kanoya Base and Iwakawa Base Servers Strengthened

The two named servers now deal better against stress connections.

13. Seasonal CG and Voice Implementation for 7th Destroyer Division

Destroyers Oboro, Akebono, Sazanami, Ushio have seasonal CG and seasonal naval base voice. Please take care of the 7th Destroyer Division for the start of summer.

So enjoy your new challenges on this map as well as your new summer art for your kanmsus. As follows here is a presentation of the art that was introduced this update:

Shouhou Kai (remade art)

Takanami Kai (remade art)

7th Destoyer Devision Summer Art (Sazanami, Ushio, Oboro, and Akebono)

Shiyatsuyu-class Summer Art (Shiyatsuyu and Murasame)

That's it from me.... I'm going to rest now. I hope you enjoy the new update.... I'm out...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:49:17 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter