Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!  (Read 226517 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Kancolle Kai 3: Land Based Plane Groups are here!
« Reply #960 on: May 05, 2016, 03:47:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/panmodoki10/status/728034857800978432

I sure hope they don't decide this needs "fixing"
Holy fuck what. That damage tho.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #961 on: May 05, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »
To be clear, that person finished on Easy mode and is running the map post-patch for fun.
don't patch pls

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #962 on: May 05, 2016, 04:39:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/panmodoki10/status/728034857800978432

I sure hope they don't decide this needs "fixing"
Oh lord, that's amazing.

What is going on there? 4 opening phases?
Looks like someone focused the entirety of their land airbase forces on the boss node.

Anyway though, finally beat E-2 Easy. It was a trial once the last dance started because Supply Depot Hime suddenly decided she was tired of my crap. I finally ended up beating her through a combination of superior German engineering (Bismarck), Ryuujou, and a battleship support expedition.

E-2 was nuts. That wasn't fun at all.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #963 on: May 05, 2016, 05:32:02 AM »
This is how the Land Based Air Squadron system IS suppose to work! Which means you can use this to your advantage in the late stages of the event.

Also at the same time, the Central Hime is now weak to Air attacks from both land based squadrons AND your carrier based fleets Which based on Ooyodo's description in the missing briefing on E-6 and up she insist you use a carrier base sqaud... this is the reason why.

There is one other thing they fixed that we heard of but never saw till now...

Enemy Air Raids

Not sure how this works entirely but you have to be prepared to keep some squadron members on the defense at the bases with fighters and interceptors to make sure they can protect your base. Because there will be opportunities where the Land based Abyssal Airfields will launch an attack and if they bomb your bases... prepare to take some damage to your resource bank!

Also event extended to the 30th now.

I'll be writing up my report on E-2 in a separate post.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:34:56 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #964 on: May 05, 2016, 07:40:32 AM »
Just curious but... I need to know the progression of this disease. I woke up one morning with a severe case of 'uguus' and a favorite Kancolle (Ro-500). Should I amputate to keep it from spreading or should I start looking at other boatgirls? Is it okay to just have a favorite for arbitrary reasons?

I'm not sure what the protocol is for liking Kancolle stuff. Is there elitism in the fandom of the type where I should hide my liking of certain boatgirls around Kancolles because I don't play the video game? Or is that not really a thing?

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #965 on: May 05, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
Just curious but... I need to know the progression of this disease. I woke up one morning with a severe case of 'uguus' and a favorite Kancolle (Ro-500). Should I amputate to keep it from spreading or should I start looking at other boatgirls? Is it okay to just have a favorite for arbitrary reasons?

I'm not sure what the protocol is for liking Kancolle stuff. Is there elitism in the fandom of the type where I should hide my liking of certain boatgirls around Kancolles because I don't play the video game? Or is that not really a thing?
Depends on what you like, and no don't hide away from the kanmusus let the kanmusus in your life if you want... however you should give Kancolle a try if you like a time sinker and RNG.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Totaku

« Reply #966 on: May 05, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »

The best way I can answer this is there isn't a really a reason to hide your interest Kancolle. If you have a have a thing for boat girls, you'll pretty much fit in. Though most people play the game, there are some people who are into the other aspects of it (the manga, merchandise, anime, ect) but you'll see the most are into the browser game itself.

But yeah you'll be fine even if you don't play the game. Just be ready to hear lots of game related stuff, and also like MewMewheart said, if you really find time to? Just dive into the game! It might be worth it if your into time sink / RNG style browser games.
Now I Twitter

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #967 on: May 05, 2016, 08:47:23 PM »
Kancolle is on the better side of recent collection games in that real money doesn't have a huge effect on what girls you get. What you don't spend in money though, you definitely spend in time.

Fandom is as good (read: bad) as any other. There are memes and banter, but for the most part none of it is serious.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #968 on: May 06, 2016, 01:57:39 AM »
Kancolle is on the better side of recent collection games in that real money doesn't have a huge effect on what girls you get. What you don't spend in money though, you definitely spend in time.
To be more specific, Kancolle is not a gacha game so you don't need money for pulls or anything like that. All money will be used for is convenience (ie. more construction and repair slots, more shipslots in general), however, none of it is required really. You can also technically spend money on resources, but the tradeoff is definitely not worth it at all (too expensive for the amount you get).

Oh, but there are marriage rings, but you don't have to worry about that until much later.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #969 on: May 06, 2016, 02:52:11 AM »
If it isn't gacha, how -do- they distribute the girls? Are some much harder to get than others?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #970 on: May 06, 2016, 03:55:01 AM »
If it isn't gacha, how -do- they distribute the girls? Are some much harder to get than others?

There actually is a gacha of sorts, where you 'construct' ships with different resource ratios to get different classes. The resources are all in-game, though. You can also get ships from drops, or event map rewards.

There are rarer ships available, but the common ones are generally just as good once leveled.

Totaku

« Reply #971 on: May 06, 2016, 09:12:21 AM »
Seems there was a big protest that took place following the patch. This seems to be the case where, when you fix one thing another something always go wrong. For a few hours today, people were limited on how many U-511s and I-401s they could own (restricted to 2 each) but this has fixed as of now along with Arashi and Kashima who also happened to be affected by this. Hopefully there won't be anymore bug related issues for now.

Anyways I need to share my story on my E-2 run... and boy is it painfully good one....

E-2: Amphibious Nerd Warfare

As you probably read up on Ooyodo's notes, E-2 is a landing operation. Which will invovle you using a somewhat light fleet. If you haven't experienced a landing operation, my only suggestion is to get 6-4 to see for yourself. Yeah... it's basiclly that.

The main thing to note about this map on hard mode is.... it's very unfriendly.... VERY Unfriendly! As almost every node there presents some form of danger that can put your fleet at risk if anyone of them miss.

For the sake of explanation, I will note that for the entire duration I used the following:

1CL + 3 DD + 2 CAV, which consisted of Naka, Mutuski, Satsuki, Teruzuki, Mogami and Suzuya.

Kisaragi was armed with WG42s and a Daihatsu with Tank and Marines, while Satsuki was armed with the Type 2 Ka-Mi Tank with WG42, Naka was armed with 15.2cms and a searchlight, Teruzuki was using an AA cutin set up and Mogami and Suzuya were using 20.3 No.2s a Zunin and Type 3 shells.

Basically the fleet goes to the south where they encounter a small surface fleet consist on a batch of light cruisers and late model DDs. If you fail to hit them all, you are likely to get hit badly once the torpedoes are launched.

Afterwards you reach a route where you can go wither north or East...

East takes you through a malestrom and you then encounter a rahter tough fleet consisting of 2 Ru Flagships, 2 Nu Flagships and 2 Late Model DDs. This section is nearly suicide to traverse and wouldn't recommend it unless you're insane enough to take on the BBs that will almost always get a chance to double attack on the spot.

The north path has subs which are easy to by pass, then you go east where you deal with a fleet that consist of Ri-class Heavy Cruiser flagships a few light cruisers and some late model DDs (till final kill), then following that you head south where you have to deal a batch PT imp groups either in line ahead of echolon formation. You're best bet is to use double line to improve the accuracy of your fleet and dispatch those little monsters.

But what really takes the cake is the boss node at the island as you can encounter 1 of two possible bosses there.

An Artillery Imp or a Supply Depot Hime

If you have WG42s, or have gotten your daihatsu and modified for war, this becomes a somewhat eaiser fight since artillery imps are weak to these. If you get artillery imps you'll fight them in daimond formation and they will usually be minmal threat they will have some PT imps in tow, just let your kanmusus go loose and take them out. Just keep in mind that killing the Artillery Imp Boss will only reduce the HP bar very little.

If you get a Supply Depot Hime however, the fight becomes tougher, but the reward is well worth it! While you fight her, you will fight 2 other artillery imps, and 3 PT imps. But if you manage to defeat her, the HP bar drops significantly!

But the battle becomes far more dangerous at the final boss node.

Mainly the node with the Ri-class gets a Nu carrier which can allow the Ris to double attack.

The PT imps are always on line ahead. And the final kill you have to fight the Supply Depot Hime in her final form....

What makes this fight hard is that gaining air superiority is near impossible and and the fact that your equipment and who you target is a very important thing for the final kill.

While my fleet was prepared and armed to the teeth with Type-2 Ka-Mi Tanks, War Daihatsus WG42s and Type 3 shells. The tough part was surviving with my fleet intact.

Thanks to the fact that Artillery imps can pack a punch and the Supply Depot Hime is free to open fire, I ended up getting knocked senseless...to where I couldn't do much to her.

In addition I will note for the entire map, I've been using in-route support because the fleets presented a lot of trouble for me getting to my destination but with thier assistance I could reach the boss node most of the time, an the fleet boss support is HIGHLY recommend for the final kill!

It took me a total of 40 runs.... constantly getting send back homes by either mishaps from the Ri-class node or from the Supply Depot Hime sending me home constantly with a nearly completely battered fleet.

It just happened that in one lucky run, the following happend, I took out 2 PT Imps via boss support, and damaged the hime and an artillery imp somewhat. This allowed for a bigger shot at focusing fire on the costal pillboxes and the Hime herself. The PT imp was shot down and the imps were withered badly thanks to Satsuki and Kisaragi's War Daihatsu + WG42 combos (doing between 70-200 damage depending on who they hit.

And while everyone else got hit hard it was pretty much down to just Satsuki, Kisaragi and Naka to deliver the final blow....

Satsuki hits the artillery imp, killing it, critically damaging her. Kisaragi hits the hime, killing her, Naka kills the last Artillery Imp.... and it was over...

The hell I faced on this map was outrageous and I swear this is a map that either you'll have either an easy time with or a terribly hard time with. As it all rides on luck and your equipment!

I pulled through it though and now I can move on. And what I earned form this was:

1x Type 96 Land Attacker
1x Type 1 Land Attacker
2x Expansion Modifications

This map was one of the nastiest heralds I faced and this was one of the earlier maps. I surely hope the rest of it won't be as bad as this one way... but I'll have to wait and see.... I'm on a short brake till tomorrow night when I'll attempt to do E-3 tomorrow to take supplies to the new island where the airfield in being built and see what I must face then... this should be the most amusing challenge for me consisdering I'm going all hard mode here....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:08:08 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #972 on: May 06, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »
Totaku... I've heard the horrors of E-2.... and trust me even on easy IT'S A BITCH due to Supply Port Hime alone...

It took me so many tries before I could kill her...

« Reply #973 on: May 06, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
I'm going to try to do this event on Hard.

For E-1 I'm going with the recommended combined fleet on the EN wiki.

Mostly standard artillery spotting equipment setup.

My question is; with my resources and levels, should I even be attempting Hard?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #974 on: May 06, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »

Construction or drops. Construction uses resources that are easily obtainable in-game through expeditions and specific maps to sorties through that has nodes that drop resources.

When I said, "no gacha", I meant in a traditional sense where it was a premium gacha with harder to obtain premium resources. Kancolle doesn't have such resources, but large scale construction is the closest to it where you can get specific ships from it. However, instead of premium resources, it just uses A LOT more of your standard resources.

Totaku

« Reply #975 on: May 06, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »
I'm going to try to do this event on Hard.

For E-1 I'm going with the recommended combined fleet on the EN wiki.

Mostly standard artillery spotting equipment setup.

My question is; with my resources and levels, should I even be attempting Hard?
If you want my personal experience, if you're aiming to complete this event. You better be ready to go and focus on restocking soon, possibly after E-1. Cause you're going to need a rather healthy abundent supply of resources as you go through this event since the majority of the event will invovle combine fleets.

In addition, I want to ask, do you have a Fleet Command Facility from Ooyodo? Cause if yes, then you should be good for the pre-boss node since you're going to fight a BBhime which will likely damage some of your fleet members. Just be sure your first fleet's flagship is equipped with it.

Otherwise you're going to have a hard time getting to the boss node. I might ask you to reconsider hard unless you REALLY want the Daihatsu with Type 98 Tank + marines (which will help with E-2 if you don't have one). Just be ready to burn through a few thousand reousrces before you complete E-1. Once you do, restock some over the week and then attempt E-2 since that map will be one of the biggest challenges for most players. And would consider going on easy from E-2 onward since this is not an easy event by any means.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #976 on: May 06, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
More than the equipment and ships, I want personal experience.

For today, tomorrow, and or the day after I'll try to finish E-1 on Hard.
I don't have a FCF.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #977 on: May 06, 2016, 08:25:37 PM »
More than the equipment and ships, I want personal experience.

For today, tomorrow, and or the day after I'll try to finish E-1 on Hard.
I don't have a FCF.
You're best better doing Easy to save you a lot of trouble.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #978 on: May 06, 2016, 09:52:26 PM »
Are you guys just ignoring AS for E2 with a 2CAV team? I'm not sure what loadout I should be carrying on them. 2 guns, seaplane, and one Type 3 shell?

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #979 on: May 06, 2016, 10:14:48 PM »
Are you guys just ignoring AS for E2 with a 2CAV team? I'm not sure what loadout I should be carrying on them. 2 guns, seaplane, and one Type 3 shell?

That's exactly what I used on Tone and Chikuma for E-2 Hard Mode. Two 20.3cm #3s improved to +4, a Zuiun Model 12, and a Type 3 Shell.

You can also go 3DD + 1CL + 1CAV + 1CVL on E-2, which can give you Air Superiority on the boss node and on the enemy cruiser node that gets a light carrier during final kill.

Having Air Superiority is nice, but the tradeoff is having one less Type 3 Shell effective against the Supply Depot. It gets worse when the AACI Artillery Imp wipes out your CVL's bombers, giving you one less attacker in the daytime.

I have seen many people clear E-2 on Hard with the CVL, so that might still be the right thing to do, particularly if you are bringing strong DDs that can reliably kill the Artillery Imps.

But my DDs were Mutsuki, Kisaragi, and Satsuki, who are definitely not as good at imp busting as Kasumi, Kawakaze, and Oshio. I personally decided to just stick with 3DD + 1CL + 2CAV and rely on the support expeditions to make up for the lack of air superiority.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #980 on: May 07, 2016, 04:27:59 AM »
The first sortie on E-4 Easy was terrifying. Nagato and Taihou both got taiha'd at the CV hime, but luckily I had the FCF  to get Nagato out of there and Taihou was safe due to her extra slot with a repair goddess.

...E-4 isn't gonna be fun at all. The initial air and torpedo strikes took out everything in the node except for CV Hime and one other, but it still wasn't fun at all. At least we ended up S-Ranking the boss (who didn't even attack Taihou at all).

Totaku

« Reply #981 on: May 07, 2016, 07:17:51 AM »
Time for me to stream my E-3 Run.

Night of the Grand Hunt E-3: Building an Airfield and beating up Elderly Destroyers https://www.twitch.tv/totaku2

Report will come sometime tomorrow.
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #982 on: May 07, 2016, 11:40:23 PM »

https://youtu.be/-MeLeJyATIw

I hate E2 so much.

Rough consumption estimates:
50k fuel
70k ammo
300 buckets
10 Irako (never even used Irako before this)
15 onigiris (all of it)
95 total runs with an unknown number of last dances included

This is last map level worth of salt.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #983 on: May 08, 2016, 03:12:52 AM »
WORDS CANNOT POSSIBLY DESCRIBE HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #984 on: May 08, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
WORDS CANNOT POSSIBLY DESCRIBE HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT.

Congratulations! I remember how good it felt when I finally got Uzuki - and Uzuki drops from maps that are more accessible than event maps and easier to farm than 6-3. Unryu is more rare than Uzuki and you spent far longer searching, so your feeling must be even better.

Totaku

« Reply #985 on: May 08, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
Well congratulation to you Kasu, you finally got your Unryuu after gosh knows how long. Going to take a dive into E-4 today and see how it plays out.

Kancolle Spring 2016 Event:Day of the Grand Hunt E-4: Deploying the Land Based Squadron
https://www.twitch.tv/totaku2
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #986 on: May 08, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
Congratulations! I remember how good it felt when I finally got Uzuki - and Uzuki drops from maps that are more accessible than event maps and easier to farm than 6-3. Unryu is more rare than Uzuki and you spent far longer searching, so your feeling must be even better.
Well congratulation to you Kasu, you finally got your Unryuu after gosh knows how long. Going to take a dive into E-4 today and see how it plays out.
Thanks you two! The Midway event was not kind to me at all when Unryuu was released, so this was indeed amazing, haha. That said though, I'm turning my attention to obtaining Roma next.

Anyway though, E-4 wasn't too bad at all. Managed to go six for six (and the fact that Unryuu was the reward for the last dance made things even better). E-5 however hasn't been as easy at all. I might be playing on easy, but the biggest obstacle is actually getting to the boss in my case. I'd set one base up as air defense, but I think I might just have it attack the air node from now on since I and L have both given me the most trouble. The one time I did get to the boss node was a clean kill though.

Totaku

« Reply #987 on: May 08, 2016, 09:54:25 PM »
Lemme give you a report about the later maps for E-3 and E-4 on HARDCORE MODE!

E-3 - Transportation troubles

So if you people already know E-3 is a map designated for a "Transport Fleet" which means you'll be using mostly light weight ships for the crew. In my runs, I ended up using most of the E-2 team on three and ended up using the following:

Fleet 1: Mogami, Suzuya, Z1, Z3,  Satsuki, Kisaragi

Fleet 2: Naka, Teruzuki, Harusame, Ayanami, Nachi and Haguro.

Using a fast fleet like this makes it easy to aim for the boss node, but on hard mode it's going to be very troublesome....

First node mainly features DDs and CLs along, nothing too dangerous and since most of the time they'll be in double line, but they may be in line ahead.

The Second node is the most dangerous one, where you're forced to fight a torpedo squadron consisting of He-class Light Cruisers, Chi-class Torepdo Cruisers, and Ro-Class Late Model DDs. A combination in which all present a danger to you fleet if any are left alive by torpedo salvo, and in rare occasions there can be 3 Torpedo Cruisers there. Since the ships are all of the flagship type (outside of the DDs) they all present the risk of messing up your fleet badly.

If you make it past there, you get to the transport point, and then from there you'll randomly go either East or Southeast.

South east takes you to a sub node which is nothing more than a time waster, and then you'll head back up to the other node that was to the East.

This node mainly consist of DDs and PT imps, Double lines works for here.

Above all else... Route Support is a MUST for this map as well as boss support there is just too many ways your fleet can get screwed over in this fight that can send you back home so you NEED the support.

Thankfully when you get to the boss node you'll fight against your first new boss type Abyssal.

The Old Destoyer Demon

The Old DD Demon is an annoyance to say the least because her firepower packs a punch and she's capable of launching and opening salvo.

She tends to come with a batch of Ne-class CA, He-Class CLs, and Ro-class or Ha-Class Late model DDs. What makes the fight hard is that due to transport fleet's mechanics it's kinda hard to kill 4 of the enemy ships without having most of your fleet mangled before hand. You have to hope the dice fall in your favor, course Fleet support can make life easier for this.

On final kill things get tougher as you can confront some fleets in different composition and will fight the PT imp group with now Ha-class DDs, but again, process are the same and the boss node is only slightly tough with one he-class replaced with a Ne-class. So you just need enough strength to take on the fleet and then you might be able to do what I achived.

Course this is not necessarily an important thing you need to do. Just beat it with and A-rank and eventuality the TP gauge will be gone. Which will then end the map, but hey, slaying the Old DD Demon make it worth it to me!

So with that I was reward for my efforts by gaining....

Kamikaze-Class DD Kamikaze

This little destroyer is an old WW I ship girl who ended up living her way through WWII (surviving that war too!), as one would expect from someone as old fashioned as her, she's not really strong, but makes up it for her long survival record thus she can be good for both expedition and cheap torpedo cut-ins!

On top of that, I also earned 6 screws, 1 medal, and a Bofors Bi-Quad autocannon, a forgien made gun with great AA power.

Since I'm taking a brake I'll write up my E-4 Report in a bit, this event really challenges you in ways I didn't expect. So I hope everyone else can hold out, we still have time till the event comes to a close so if necessarily, stock up and plan ahead if you're gunning to win this on hard.
Now I Twitter

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #988 on: May 09, 2016, 03:55:16 AM »
[attach=1]

E-2N is over. Runs 1 and 2 both encountered the Supply Princess and an A and S rank on both brought the map to last kill stage in 3 runs. Next two runs were aborts with only a partially sparkled fleet. Third try at last kill was with a fully sparkled fleet and both support expeditions. I didn't think boss support did that much, though.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #989 on: May 10, 2016, 03:42:36 AM »
Alrighty! After about three days, I've finally beaten E-5 Easy. Took forever, but it helped that everyone ignored the Ru's in the night battle. With that, I now have the drunkard and after a day's break I'm gonna tackle E-6.