Author Topic: Touhou Smash crowdfunding and ZUN's fancreation rules (discussion thread)  (Read 213988 times)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Re: Touhou Smash crowdfunding and ZUN's fancreation rules (discussion thread)
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2015, 06:26:30 PM »
D) Yukari is fooling around again
E) It's a Moriya Shrine Conspiracy

F) Beerko took it hostage until she can finally become a Touhou character.

But silliness aside, any know if this has been posted to FSS yet?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe

« Reply #602 on: January 20, 2015, 06:37:06 PM »
Oh. What fun. Hopefully it gets resolved.

I really, REALLY had to suppress the urge to make way too many terrible "Let it Go" jokes.

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
« Reply #603 on: January 20, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
Well, hey, people wanted the IGG down, it's down. Presumably if they ask IGG itself, it can turn over records of funding for the campaign, allowing further reimbursing.

« Reply #604 on: January 20, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »
True enough. The only thing I'm afraid about now is that FSS will have to find a way to contact all donors. I doubt every single person has subscribed to their Youtube channel or FB page.

Alcoraiden

« Reply #605 on: January 20, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »
They already sent out the mass email. It's all in their email records now.

« Reply #606 on: January 20, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »
Oh duh, forgot about that. Thanks!

« Reply #607 on: January 20, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
We have all your emails, but we don't have the corresponding values of money per contributor, apart from Paypal.

Alcoraiden

« Reply #608 on: January 20, 2015, 07:41:58 PM »
Will IGG turn that over to you if you ask? I assume so. (Also, why doesn't IGG let you access those records automatically? O.o)

« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »
I know that we were sent confirmation emails, but those could be easily Photoshopped. I guess you know the people that donated at costume, stage, and character tiers though, since you sent them individual emails. But it's gonna be tougher to get the amounts for all the other contributors. I bet Indiegogo will provide that in time, or auto-refund themselves.

I googled Indiegogo account frozen and found others in similar predicaments, but I couldn't find any mention of their resolution.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
We have all your emails, but we don't have the corresponding values of money per contributor, apart from Paypal.
So? What happened?

« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
We are still trying to figure out everything. We are working on the problem with IGG, and after figuring out everything, we'll make a youtube video to explain all of the new details.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #612 on: January 20, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
Just a hypothetical, if there was a DCMA claim, it'd state it on the page, right?

« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »
Maybe? For some reason, I feel like this might have been a case of an outsider(meaning not TSA) reporting FSS for copy write infringement. I could be wrong though.

« Reply #614 on: January 20, 2015, 10:03:12 PM »
It looks like the page is completely gone. As in, no sign that it ever existed. 404'd, at least if the internet archive didn't catch it (do they even archive HTTPS sites?) while it was still up.

From what FSS posted on Facebook here:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/fromsoysauce/posts/834026809991927
it appears that someone other than them did it. TSA would be the most likely to be that "other party", since only they'd be able to take action against it.

Maybe? For some reason, I feel like this might have been a case of an outsider(meaning not TSA) reporting FSS for copy write infringement. I could be wrong though.

Would that work? I thought only the copyright holder has the ability to do that.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #615 on: January 20, 2015, 10:08:02 PM »
Doesn't mean someone can't lay down a false claim. That is a possibility, like that one asshat who took down tons of Yuka music under her name.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #616 on: January 20, 2015, 10:11:53 PM »
Not to mention that kind of stuff happens all the time on youtube, it's very possible it's a third parties doing.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #617 on: January 20, 2015, 10:20:47 PM »
Yup. It sounds like somebody just reported the campaign with that little button that says"Do you think this campaign contains prohibited content? Let us know."

So it could be that the campaign is simply under review. I have no idea how Indiegogo works though. Or yeah, it could have just been TSA.

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #618 on: January 20, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
Isn't this technically a good thing?
If it's shut down then refunds happen no?
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

Alcoraiden

« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2015, 11:21:05 PM »
I will still be rather displeased if someone reported it because they wanted to rush this, instead of letting FSS and TSA work this out.

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
I will still be rather displeased if someone reported it because they wanted to rush this, instead of letting FSS and TSA work this out.
That is true.
Only time will tell.

But judging from the reactions from places like 4chan that is very possible.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #621 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:39 PM »
Not to mention that kind of stuff happens all the time on youtube, it's very possible it's a third parties doing.

Only the holder of a copyright, or someone authorized to act for the copyright holder, can enforce that copyright through a DMCA takedown request. 17 U.S.C. ? 512(c)(3)(A)(vi). If the sender of a DMCA takedown is not actually authorized to act for the copyright holder, then they can be sued under 17 U.S.C. ? 512(f)--although the recovery may not be worth it.

But it's important to note that the DMCA isn't the only way to take down allegedly infringing content. YouTube has arranged its own private takedown system with record labels. It works similarly to the DMCA, but it's not the DMCA, and it may not have all of the same protections. It's possible that IndieGogo has a similar system and that's why we're not seeing a DMCA notice.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Alcoraiden

« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2015, 11:36:46 PM »
Oh balls. You mean 4chan has started watching this?

Shit.

« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2015, 11:44:01 PM »
Judging from other cases posted online, IGG doesn't appear to respond to inquiries about this stuff. They shut down a campaign and provide boilerplate responses when contacted. I think FSS needs to consider planning for the eventuality where they'll receive no explanation or help from IGG to resolve this issue.

Which shouldn't be too hard. The crowdfunding is gone, so that's taken care of. The only thing left to do would be to confirm that everyone got their money back and that IGG didn't simply keep the funds (which would be complete bullshit.....) So, unpleasant as this may be, it seems to be putting the game back on the right path.

I wish them luck.

( But seriously guys, another video-response? Why? =x )

« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2015, 11:58:13 PM »
I would not worry too much about it. We have already gotten into contact with IGG through email and are sorting the situation out, however we have told them that the campaign being shut down is probably more helpful, and we are asking for their opinion on the most efficient method to return the funds to all of you guys. We have half of the funds from paypal. I'm hoping that if we give them all of that, they can reimburse everyone all together from there end. Otherwise, they will reimburse their half and we reimburse our half personally at the same time.

Regardless of donations or funds again, FSS has all intentions to honor the perks and contributions made during the campaign.

Worst case scenario, they keep all the funds on their end, and FSS has to repay what was lost through our personal accounts. Which it we will do if that happens to be the case.

Paz legalces

• Namusan
  • Howdy, I am Potato
    • Touhou Project FB
« Reply #625 on: January 21, 2015, 12:50:35 AM »
Oh balls. You mean 4chan has started watching this?

Shit.
Not sure how to do embedded link but
https://boards.4chan.org/jp/thread/12911068/houston-we-have-a-problem
It's an archived thread from a while ago that Monhan had forwarded me.
Not sure if there are still discussions regarding TSSB on jp/ or not, but they certainly did "started watching" it since the day Zun tweeted
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:58:08 AM by Paz legalces »

« Reply #626 on: January 21, 2015, 01:02:37 AM »
It's an archived thread

That must mean it's pretty important. Threads on 4chan usually don't get archived unless they're significant enough to warrant doing so.

Oh, and you make custom links like this:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://www.shrinemaiden.org/]Maidens of the Kaleidoscope[/url]Which becomes this:
Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

Paz legalces

• Namusan
  • Howdy, I am Potato
    • Touhou Project FB
« Reply #627 on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:25 AM »
That must mean it's pretty important. Threads on 4chan usually don't get archived unless they're significant enough to warrant doing so.
Wait, doesn't everyone capable of archiving a thread?
*hey, that works, thanks 'v'b*
...and why is the thread dead and archived when the last reply was only yesterday anyway... strange
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:32:43 AM by Paz legalces »

« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2015, 01:34:28 AM »
Wait, doesn't everyone capable of archiving a thread?

But still, it's not automatic, which means someone still has to decide that a thread's important enough to be archived. Also, this thread is archived on 4chan itself, not a third-party site.

...and why is the thread dead when the last reply was only yesterday anyway... strange

Maybe it took until then to get pushed past page 10?

Drake

« Reply #629 on: January 21, 2015, 01:41:42 AM »
it's really irrelevant, but somebody spammed the board and pushed a bunch of threads off, that's all
now shut up about it

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -