Author Topic: 東方桃源宮 ~ Riverbed Soul Saver Phantasm Stage + 東方白塵記 ~ White Names Spoiled Past EX  (Read 44049 times)

Apparently they released the update with the new Overdrive spellcards (at least, they released a 1.02b patch): http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/03/102b-7b7f.html. Dunno about the unlocking requirements, though.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Seems like this update got rid of Ruri's stage 3 overdrive. Well, rather, it changed the file from 21 kb to 0kb (ie. empty).

Hacked screenshots by me (notice Yuyuko's name).

[attachimg=1] First phase.
[attachimg=2] Second phase.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
The unlock requirements are actually pretty simple. 
Spoiler:
Overdrive keeps going after Momohime, right into the Extra and then the Phantasm stages.  Aside from the bosses, the only difference is that enemies drop really nasty vengebullets.  I'm hacking so I can unlock spell practice, but you should probably take my word for it that the stages are much nastier now that you have to keep moving and the bosses are... well... there's a strong appearance of wallmaku in Mumumu and Yato's spells.

Basically, I hope you like pain.  Lots of pain. 
Spoiler:
Because it's not like getting through Momohime was easy; now do it with enough resources to get through another long stage and another really long stage.

EDIT:  Some quick reviews of the four OD spells--
Spoiler:
Mumumu's is made of Walls That Are Not Walls, largely due to hitbox magic.  MarisaB can mercifully cut out both phases before the really difficult parts come out (in the first phase, the firewalls that look impassible; in the second phase, the white rice bullet walls of clipdeath).
Yato's spell is basically all walls all the time.  Just trying it casually I can rarely get past the first phase, and haven't gone beyond the second one.  The first part is supposed to be done by moving into the bullet walls and hoping you don't get firewalled or lasered.
Ruri's spell may actually be one of the easiest.  The first part is a nasty streaming attack like her Stage 3 midboss nonspell; the second part is like her third Overdrive spell but much easier to read.
Kiyohime's spell is EFFING DANMAKU BOUNDED FIELD I knew it was going to be a survival spell but TWO HUNDRED EFFING SECONDS OF ONE OF THE MOST OVERDONE GIMMICKS IN TOUHOU FANGAMES and just like its predecessor the whole spell freezes while you're invincible and THE WHOLE SCREEN IS BLINKING WITH THOSE ARROWHEAD BULLETS but those bullets have such small hitboxes that on some waves you can actually just sit in a corner or something and the bullets that are supposed to punish you for it will miss you and JESUS FRIED CHICKEN THIS IS THE LAST SPELL IN AN EIGHT-STAGE GAME OF MASS MURDER and the spell card bonus is literally maxed out so it's obvious that this spell is purely there to troll the player and ruin runs.  In case you missed it I'm somewhat upset about this design decision at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:19:03 AM by ?q »

draganuv15

The unlock requirements are actually pretty simple. 
Spoiler:
Overdrive keeps going after Momohime, right into the Extra and then the Phantasm stages.  Aside from the bosses, the only difference is that enemies drop really nasty vengebullets.  I'm hacking so I can unlock spell practice, but you should probably take my word for it that the stages are much nastier now that you have to keep moving and the bosses are... well... there's a strong appearance of wallmaku in Mumumu and Yato's spells.

Basically, I hope you like pain.  Lots of pain. 
Spoiler:
Because it's not like getting through Momohime was easy; now do it with enough resources to get through another long stage and another really long stage.

EDIT:  Some quick reviews of the four OD spells--
Spoiler:
Mumumu's is made of Walls That Are Not Walls, largely due to hitbox magic.  MarisaB can mercifully cut out both phases before the really difficult parts come out (in the first phase, the firewalls that look impassible; in the second phase, the white rice bullet walls of clipdeath).
Yato's spell is basically all walls all the time.  Just trying it casually I can rarely get past the first phase, and haven't gone beyond the second one.  The first part is supposed to be done by moving into the bullet walls and hoping you don't get firewalled or lasered.
Ruri's spell may actually be one of the easiest.  The first part is a nasty streaming attack like her Stage 3 midboss nonspell; the second part is like her third Overdrive spell but much easier to read.
Kiyohime's spell is EFFING DANMAKU BOUNDED FIELD I knew it was going to be a survival spell but TWO HUNDRED EFFING SECONDS OF ONE OF THE MOST OVERDONE GIMMICKS IN TOUHOU FANGAMES and just like its predecessor the whole spell freezes while you're invincible and THE WHOLE SCREEN IS BLINKING WITH THOSE ARROWHEAD BULLETS but those bullets have such small hitboxes that on some waves you can actually just sit in a corner or something and the bullets that are supposed to punish you for it will miss you and JESUS FRIED CHICKEN THIS IS THE LAST SPELL IN AN EIGHT-STAGE GAME OF MASS MURDER and the spell card bonus is literally maxed out so it's obvious that this spell is purely there to troll the player and ruin runs.  In case you missed it I'm somewhat upset about this design decision at the moment.

Spoiler:
...Actually if at all possible could you say how you would unlock the spells in Spell Practice via hacking? I kind of don't want to have to go through Overdrive again especially since I have so much trouble with Himemiko. Will edit this post soon on what I feel about the new stuff when I get access to it :0

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Spoiler:
...Actually if at all possible could you say how you would unlock the spells in Spell Practice via hacking? I kind of don't want to have to go through Overdrive again especially since I have so much trouble with Himemiko. Will edit this post soon on what I feel about the new stuff when I get access to it :0
Spoiler:
The way I did it was to go to \script\Th_rss\scene\Road_Manager.dnh.  Scroll down a bit and look for this code:
   case( "OverDrive" ){
      let stmax = 8;
      let next = 1;
      ascent( let i in 0..stmax ){
         Index_Stg = GetAreaCommonData( "System", "Stage_Index", 1 );
         if( Index_Stg == (i+1) ){
            SetAreaCommonData( "Score", "StageNumD", Index_Stg );
/*Index_Stg = 7;*/
            alternative( Index_Stg )
            case( 1 ){ Road01(); next = 2; }
            case( 2 ){ Road02(); next = 4; }
            case( 4 ){ Road04(); next = 5; }
            case( 5 ){ Road05(); next = 6; }
            case( 6 ){ Road06(); next = 7; }
            case( 7 ){ Road07(); next = 8; }
            case( 8 ){ Road08(); }

The line in /* comments */ is the one I added.  This will take you to Stage 7, the Extra, when you elect to play Overdrive.  The background didn't work, and in the event that you actually clear the stage it'll take you back to the same stage, but whichever - all you really need to do is get to the boss.  Replace 7 with 8 for Overdrive Phantasm.  You'll want to move to the center of the screen for the start of Kiyohime's spell - it would be a shame if you got killed before the spell card gets declared.

You could rig up an Overdrive Stage Practice this way if you really wanted, but there's not THAT much difference in the later stages IMO.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:52:51 PM by ?q »

[attach=1]

change script/th_rss/enm  SpellCardPath.dnh to practice OverDrive spellcards.

line X stands for menu/spell practice/overdrive/Spellcard X

eg: rename "./enm01/01_OverDrive.dnh" to "./enm07/07_OverDrive.dnh", you can practice Spellcard 9 by select Spellcard 1.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
Well I barely touched the game for weeks aside from that spell practice earlier but I finally 1cc'ed WNSP on lunatic lap 1 with Reimu A, with 2 and 4/6 lives left + 1 bomb to boot. Intense stuff. The weird part is that I even caught Sashiromiya's second spell, I never do good on that one but I didn't freak out and slipped through two sets of knives to make it through before it started over.

I'll get around to RSS some day. I know I ad libbed my way through extra to the final card (but died before clearing).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:19:20 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Spoiler:
The way I did it was to go to scriptTh_rsssceneRoad_Manager.dnh.  Scroll down a bit and look for this code:

Spoiler:
Hmm I might be missing something because even though I did that it always starts at stage 1 for me. I'd probably be super down with Overdrive if I can stage practice it.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Spoiler:
Hmm I might be missing something because even though I did that it always starts at stage 1 for me. I'd probably be super down with Overdrive if I can stage practice it.
?  I... don't think I altered anything else...  I've attached what the section should look like to this post, just to make sure.

----

I've done penance for my cheesy FutoC run and put together two videos showing all of the boss patterns on Overdrive. 
Spoiler:
I think I make my thoughts on the last spell card rather clear.

I hate this survival card, even when I played it at 30 fps due to my out-of-time computer.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
?  I... don't think I altered anything else...  I've attached what the section should look like to this post, just to make sure.

Aaah okay I was thrown off by the / and *'s and stuff. Thanks.

Did a quick new Overdrive 1cc with ReimuC. Super fun mode and super great patterns.
While being kinda terrible for the normal mode, ReimuC actually seems really good for Overdrive.

draganuv15

Spoiler:
After 70+ attempts at Kiyohime's OD attack (I have a pretty souped up computer so the whole thing runs at 60fps making some parts impossible) I've decided just to give up. It isn't really worth it in the end and I'm kinda salty about the whole thing as well. There was so much they could've done with Kiyohime but instead they just used DBF for the sake of using it. Thanks ido/len/whoever is responsible for this. Rest of the patterns are really fun though.

EDIT: Nevermind I did it
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:10:48 PM by 無垢なる天才埴輪 »

omfg I blew her "sun" away...

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
omfg I blew her "sun" away...
That happened in my blind run, and I thought it was something that was supposed to happen :V

It adds what you could call an element of challenge to the pattern.

Uuhm uuuuuum. I think I just 1cc'd my first lunatic ever in RSS. *watches replay* HOLY FLARE I DID JUST 1CC LUNATIC. IS THIS WHAT HEAVEN FEELS LIKE!? 

Also, is it just me, or is (hyper)ReimuA really good for both the phantasm stage AND boss?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
<does not play with hypers>

Most of Kiyohime's spells don't have a lot of HP and/or make it difficult to stay under her, so ReimuA's low shot power doesn't really matter as much until the last two spells or so.

I guess that makes sense.
I don't use hyper for any boss. Except Kiyohime's Esp RA.DE spellcard because screw that and it's funny to capture that spellcard in about ten seconds with ReimuA, even if hyper.

how can i get hint 6 and 7?

I got hint 6 after I cleared 3 characters' first lap.
And may get hint 7 after their second lap.

then I found a bug in Raku_Kurama's profile

世界をす大編集長 
鞍馬 楽

not "編", you can find her character title in ..\script\Th_wnsp\img\character\raku\ename05.png

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Can someone provide an RSS download link?
I can't navigate the website in Japanese and translaters don't really help... not sure what is a patch and what isn't.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Can someone provide an RSS download link?
I can't navigate the website in Japanese and translaters don't really help... not sure what is a patch and what isn't.
The entire package for this game can be downloaded from here:  http://www1.axfc.net/u/3402547?key=mrkn_03_rss
v1.02b patch: http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/03/102b-7b7f.html
You will need your system locale to be in Japanese.

Also, with the Touhou 15 announcement, I'm kind of amused at how it sounds like ZUN got (partially) scooped by RSS, what with the ocean theme and tide jewels.

Nolegs the Cat

Also, with the Touhou 15 announcement, I'm kind of amused at how it sounds like ZUN got (partially) scooped by RSS, what with the ocean theme and tide jewels.

No Futo Boat, I am disappoint. (not really)

Also, is ReimuA's new hyper as OP for the stages as it looks?
I can't actually play until later today.

Also I feel like an idiot... thanks :P

A very awful part of me wants to find a good use for the pun "Momohimesama".  It really bugs me.

Was that intentional?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:45:38 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
No Futo Boat, I am disappoint. (not really)
It IS a nice boat.

Also, is ReimuA's new hyper as OP for the stages as it looks?
A quick test-drive suggests it is in most situations - the game is a bit easier when you only have to worry about large fairies and vengebullets.  That said, have fun with the bosses.

Also I feel like an idiot... thanks :P
Aw, don't.  The release of the latest editions of the game fell apart, and they untidily scrambled to pull everything together.

---

A very awful part of me wants to find a good use for the pun "Momohimesama".  It really bugs me.

Nolegs the Cat

Either FutoA got a big buff or I didn't know how to use the laser coronas correctly
I don't remember her hyper being near that powerful.

EDIT:

.... Riverbed Soul Saver's stages are a clusterfuck on lunatic. :V
A good clusterfuck, even if it's difficult.
I didn't even get to Momohime =/
And then when I continued to unlock for practice it crashed and meant NONE of them were unlocked for pratice.... ufufu.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:48:03 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Hmm, has anyone made an English patch yet?

I have no idea what's going on after playing through the game.

EDIT: nevermind, found a thread on it
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

I know I'm way behind in asking this, but can anyone explain to me what the different shottypes do in WNSP?  I feel like I'm using most of them wrong, because none of them seem even remotely as good as ReimuA. The wiki mentions that each character has special abilites. I've figured out ReimuA (you deal extra damage when close to the enemy) but I can't figure out any of the other ones.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
I know I'm way behind in asking this, but can anyone explain to me what the different shottypes do in WNSP?  I feel like I'm using most of them wrong, because none of them seem even remotely as good as ReimuA. The wiki mentions that each character has special abilites. I've figured out ReimuA (you deal extra damage when close to the enemy) but I can't figure out any of the other ones.

Reimu B: Aimed lasers (Tokubi), Persuasion Needle (Reimu)
Marisa A: Shots that induce splash damage from a distance (Marisa), wider-spread Persuasion Needle-type shots (Shiragiku)
Marisa B: Shots that release smaller upward-moving shots (Shiragiku), lasers which are angled to join at one section to deal more damage (Marisa)
Sanae A: Wavy and fast TD-like shots that spread out (Sanae), slower but more concentrated spread  that only is fired out from two familiars (Minayu)
Sanae B: Backward-firing aimed shots (Minayu), wide and fast straight shot (Sanae)

I don't even know how you can say that Reimu A is better than Sanae B, as uq/Vierne's playthrough proves that not only can you use Minayu to do crazy things above the POC to gain waaaaay more bokuyaku than everybody else, but you can also use the universal Sanae bomb to gain a huge amount of score-increasing petals.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Nolegs the Cat

Kiyohime Overdrive remake, using various gimmicks from her fight and some other bosses!
No more Danmaku Bounded Field :V

Anyone up for capturing this 8-minute survival? *Looks pointedly at ?q*
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:28:29 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Kiyohime Overdrive remake, using various gimmicks from her fight and some other bosses!
No more Danmaku Bounded Field :V

Anyone up for capturing this 8-minute survival? *Looks pointedly at ?q*
I'll take a skip~

This is what me and rsy_type came up with a while ago.

Reimu+Tokubi - Superb Homing Type
*Reimu - Standard homing amulets.  The strongest unfocused shot in the game by a reasonable margin, believe it or not.  Homing is super-awesome in WNSP.
*Tokubi - Particle/Wave shot.  Deals game-highest damage if both particle shots hit something, but it's tough to get both shots to connect, especially if you and the boss aren't staying still.  It becomes mediocre if one shot hits.  Particle shots that don't connect with an enemy outside close range become waves that have virtually unlimited horizontal range but do minimum damage.

Basically, if you're using this shot and you're not always doing damage, something is horribly wrong - but you may not like how MUCH damage you're doing.  It's okay to expect that a shotgun Reimu type is the best in the game, but it's so difficult to get the shotgun damage that it's actually kind of mediocre against bosses.

Tokubi+Reimu - Lenient Forward-Fire Type
*Tokubi - Homing lasers.  The homing is a bit odd but it does just fine with one target.  It's just barely weaker than the other Reimu shot unfocused.
*Reimu - Standard Persuasion Needles.  rsy_type says this is the strongest no-gimmicks focused shot, and if it's not then it's close enough.

This is more or less the standard forward-firing Reimu that everyone knows and monopolizes.

Reimu's bomb is Fantasy Seal.  The orbs all go off at once at the end of the bomb, so you get a period of invincibility before nuking a fair amount of the screen.  Timing, etc.

Marisa+Shiragiku - Questionably Balanced Type
*Marisa - Fire bombs.  The splash damage is pretty nice but not enough bombs hit for the shot to do more than minimum damage overall.
*Shiragiku - Linguistic double helix.  Generic forward-firing.  If memory serves this has smaller range than Reimu's needles.

This is almost certainly the worst shot in the game.  Use Tokubi+Reimu instead.

Shiragiku+Marisa - Unwieldy Penetrating Type
*Shiragiku - Echoing shots.  Shots bounce off of enemies and fall through them to hit things behind them.  Looks neat but does minimum damage.
*Marisa - Gunship lasers.  Shoots lasers that converge at a medium-distance point, but the angles are such that it's not that different from a forward-firing type.  rsy_type says this does the same damage as the other Marisa type's focused shot, but I thought this was stronger in my tests.

This is only better than the other Marisa shot type.  You'd think that with its low damage its piercing would be overpowered some other way, but I can't think of any time when I wanted piercing in WNSP.

Marisa's bomb is Master Spark.  Lasts a long time, slows you down so much that it doesn't let you PoC, is surprisingly easy to miss enemies with, and even if it's a strong bomb (which I haven't tested) I'd be hard-pressed to say that it's actually more functional than any other bombs even during boss fights.

Sanae+Minayu - Variable Dispersion Type
*Sanae - Short-wave shot.  Fairly similar to her shot in Ten Desires but with fewer obvious blind spots, I guess.  Based on positioning hijinks it starts at minimum damage and can potentially do substantially more.
*Minayu - Water cannons.  Damage is proportional to how long the water cannons hit a target, so closer is better.  At best it's comparable with Reimu's needles, but with this shot you get better diagonal coverage.

This shot is okay.  It's basically Tokubi+Reimu with more range, less firepower, and a better bomb.

Minayu+Sanae - Opposite Approach Type
*Minayu - Leaf homing.  The leaves are fired behind you, follow a slooooow wide arcing loop if they target someone ahead of you, and individually the leaves do garbage damage.  You really only want to use this from the PoC.
*Sanae - Green waves.  A standard forward-firing shot.  I want to say that it has more range than Reimu's needles, but less firepower, but I haven't actually checked the range and in my (however imprecise) tests this shot wound up being the best against a moving target.

For scoring, this is almost certainly your shot simply because of how well the leaf homing synergizes with Sanae's amazing bomb.  Otherwise, it's fun and you don't have to fight Minayu.

Sanae's bomb is a full-screen slow-burn.  Enemies drop petals continuously while they take damage.

--

Basically, unless you're playing for score (read: bombing all the time) pick your favorite shot type from Reimu and Sanae and go with it - they're all pretty close to each other.

I noticed there's something new on their site... and a rainy theme...? Perhaps their next one will have something to do with a rainy season case...?