Author Topic: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)  (Read 274540 times)

Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »
hmmm,
I have a question...
How I can play in a network battle? I think, its in the center where you always see your "PC" dolls and you healed your dolls.
But, I even finish the game and still nothing.

You can only do network battles after you beat the game. You have to go to Yukari's house (it just mysteriously appears as another page on your map), beat both Yukari and Ran, and then Yukari will open up "the gate to other worlds".

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »
oh god the cave behind hakurei shrine is so big....and the random encounter level is too high....it looks like i will hit lvl 100 soon
and in the reincarnation system, can we breed moves too like breeding in pokemon?
You can get some item that prevents encounters in the underground village.

I'm currently trying to get my missing puppets. Shinki, Yumeko, SinGyoku (where the hell are these guys??), Kana (vague), Lyrica (vague), Yukari, Keine (vague), Toyohime, Shizuha (vague), Kyouko (vague), Suwako and Raiko
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:17:51 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:50 PM »
You can get some item that prevents encounters in the underground village.

I'm currently trying to get my missing puppets. Shinki, Yumeko, SinGyoku (where the hell are these guys??), Kana (vague), Lyrica (vague), Yukari, Keine (vague), Toyohime, Shizuha (vague), Kyouko (vague), Suwako and Raiko

Isn't SinGyoku behind the hakurei shrine? In the forest?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Koog

« Reply #363 on: January 09, 2015, 10:20:36 PM »
Isn't SinGyoku behind the hakurei shrine? In the forest?
Really? RNG only decides to show me Sunny, Luna and Star...
Suddenly Keine is rare...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:25:10 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #364 on: January 09, 2015, 10:43:54 PM »
I know there is something else in the woods.

Wait you dont have keine yet? not even from the village?

Koog

« Reply #365 on: January 09, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
Wait you dont have keine yet? not even from the village?
She didn't appear in 100+ encounters...
I have her now.
Now for Toyohime.
I almost got them all,just need Yumeko and Shinki.
Can somebody change Shinki to Extremely Super Rare??
Found Shinki!!
Low HP and still doesn't want to be captured.
Got Shinki after using 20+ seals  :getdown:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:25:26 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2015, 02:46:36 AM »
Finally caught a somewhat decent flandre after 127 encounters.
To be honest, I found my first around the 66th encounter and a second around the 120th encounter. Maybe I need a bigger sample size?
Both were basically straight Es and Ds. This one only has an E- in focus attack and I don't think she even uses that.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2015, 07:59:34 PM »
I just caught Koishi, she's awesome! Three A's, two B's and one C.  I made her Assist, so she's illusion/void now. But I already had Yukari... Can someone help me? (Yukari is E, two B's, two D's and S)

Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
Anyone know what the 'Mark' skills do? It says you can only know one but they doesn't explain what they actually DO.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2015, 09:02:41 AM »
Anyone know what the 'Mark' skills do? It says you can only know one but they doesn't explain what they actually DO.

Are you talking about one of these? 一符・炎

1st Sign「Fire」    一符・炎    Fire    Spread    60    100    10    0    Normal attack. The user can only learn one Sign skill.

It seems that there is one for every type and this acts like the Hidden Power in Pokemon, so it's for type coverage.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »
How to get past giant Suika?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »
How to get past giant Suika?

What part are you at and what did you just get done with?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
Are you talking about one of these? 一符・炎

1st Sign「Fire」    一符・炎    Fire    Spread    60    100    10    0    Normal attack. The user can only learn one Sign skill.

It seems that there is one for every type and this acts like the Hidden Power in Pokemon, so it's for type coverage.

No; I don't think so. It's this:

It says normal attack but it dosen't deal damage [It's black]. It also only lets me use Ambient after using it.

Unless while attempting to patch things I broke something.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »
No; I don't think so. It's this:

It says normal attack but it dosen't deal damage [It's black]. It also only lets me use Ambient after using it.

Unless while attempting to patch things I broke something.

Wow that is broken! Using partial patches can end up causing more problems. If you had it in the original Japanese I'd be able to better tell you, but the best I can say is it has the description of the 14 "sign" attacks, there is none of void that has that.

Like I said something is really broken, you can't even see the levels as well. I've got the Ability and skills list up when I play so I can always share what moves and what not you have for you.

« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
Wow that is broken! Using partial patches can end up causing more problems. If you had it in the original Japanese I'd be able to better tell you, but the best I can say is it has the description of the 14 "sign" attacks, there is none of void that has that.

Like I said something is really broken, you can't even see the levels as well. I've got the Ability and skills list up when I play so I can always share what moves and what not you have for you.

Yeah, they're just weak attacks for type coverage. Anyone can learn any of them, but only one at a time (it says "already learned" if you try to learn another). In one of the recent patches they fixed a bug with one of them, so that's probably what's messing up your patch.

It takes pretty exact circumstances to make them useful though. They're so weak that a good STAB attack will almost always be more powerful even if you're not hitting a weakness, as well as 120 Power TMs (Cold Rain, Inferno, etc). I think to use them properly you need a very specific plan, like "use this on Defense Toyohime because she's double-weak against it" or "I'm strong against all this person's attacks, but they're also strong against all my STAB attacks". I think it also works with the Strategist ability.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:29:00 PM by Clarste »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »
I managed to fix the broken.

It's not even a sign attack. It's supposed to be +Special Attack :P. I don't even know how I managed THAT. At one point I managed to make everything just act like the basic void attacks everything starts with one of.

Also I managed to break my save while fixing it at some point. Oh well. I'll just explore all that the game has to offer, the EXP mechanics basically mean I can train/catch everything without too much trouble; while still going through the actual storyline with a 'faves' team. Because this is the sort of thing I need to use EVERYTHING. I want to know~

I'll probobly just RNG a starter. 1-130. As long as it's not a Chen or something in the areas I got up to [I ASSUME whereever Kyouko is is 'earlygame']; I'll use that.

Edit: And the Random Number God gives me 23... which *looks at sprite file*. Well. That couldn't have RNG'ed much better to my tastes [Elly]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:24:53 PM by Raikaria »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2015, 12:33:50 PM »
First page isn't updated but it has a good list of what people have been seeing. I'm currently making a easy to use location guide as I play so that way we don't miss any. Like how the route to the forest of magic has Lily in it but the locations doesn't say it.
You could always go for a challenge cost 80 puppet or a OP cost 120 puppet.

I think it also works with the Strategist ability.

Does it ever! Going from 60 to 90 base power with 100 accuracy is nice! But like you said it has limited uses, if a "meta" game does show up with this then we may see sign attacks on movepool limited puppets or something similar to why pokemon uses them. (at least they made it easy to use and not a headache trying to get the right type like HP, looking at you HP Grass)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »
First page isn't updated but it has a good list of what people have been seeing. I'm currently making a easy to use location guide as I play so that way we don't miss any. Like how the route to the forest of magic has Lily in it but the locations doesn't say it.
You could always go for a challenge cost 80 puppet or a OP cost 120 puppet.

Does it ever! Going from 60 to 90 base power with 100 accuracy is nice! But like you said it has limited uses, if a "meta" game does show up with this then we may see sign attacks on movepool limited puppets or something similar to why pokemon uses them. (at least they made it easy to use and not a headache trying to get the right type like HP, looking at you HP Grass)

But the 'challenge' of a Cost 80 is outweighed by their fast leveling, while a Cost 120 levels much, much slower.

Of course, there are some Cost 80's with awful stats [Defense Akyuu has the same BST as Base Yorihime], but those tend to have abilities which can make up for it [EG: Akyuu has Curiosity; Kozuzu has Moody]

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »
What part are you at and what did you just get done with?
Well, I just deafeted Satori, Okuu and Medicine. Do I need to do something else?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »
My 'Give everyone a chance' run has brought up some surprises.

- Tokiko is surprisingly useful. She's not strong or anything; but when the game is basically in Set mode all the time and you have what amounts to U-Turn + Regenerator, and you're pretty durable, you're a great scout, or someone who can finish off an enemy and let you switch in to their next one with a good matchup on the next one.  I kinda hope she gets some decent status moves or something. Also she appears to learn Steel-type Stealth Rock.
- If I didn't already have another Dark type [Rumia]; I'd probobly be using Mystia. Her movepool seems pretty good, and Good Manager seems alright.
- I don't get how Benben/Yatsuashi get so many nature moves
- Nue seems cool. Too bad her entore route is littered with Sound types who hit her SE. <_<
- Elly wrecks everything

Also, I thought of a dumb fun run someone could do for a challenge:

Starter Cirno; then use ALL THE FAIRIES. Cirno/Dai/Sunny/Luna/Star/Lilly. That happens to be a full set you can get earlygame.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:47:46 PM by Raikaria »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:34 PM »
Well, I just deafeted Satori, Okuu and Medicine. Do I need to do something else?

Sorry for the vaugeness, I'm not that far so I'm using info gathered from other. It seems once Medicine is defeated a path that you didn't have access to before opens up, after that the person says they when to the area you find your starter and you fight Reimu and her level 60-68ish puppets. That's all I know for now.

Also, I thought of a dumb fun run someone could do for a challenge:

Starter Cirno; then use ALL THE FAIRIES. Cirno/Dai/Sunny/Luna/Star/Lilly. That happens to be a full set you can get earlygame.

Cirno is a great starter! If you get Power Cirno with Up Tempo she's great! For a cost 80 puppet her Fatk and her Spd are really close to some of the cost 110 or 120 puppets. If there are moves that never miss then you can even go for a Dardevil Cirno with a %50 atk boost. (Bad for the 20% accuracy)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:43:17 PM by Colticide »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
After defeating Medicine, you should go south, then west and go through the caves.
Signature

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
Well, I've managed to accumulate 4 of the dream team. [Elly, Rumia, Rika and my newly acquired Seija]

Ironically I also found like a billion Ellies. Oh well.

2humon Puppets Location things thanks to the people in the thread of course

Route to Human Village
Common: Daiyousei, Chen, Nazrin
Very Rare: Sukana

Human Village
Common: Keine, Sekibanki, Kosuzu
Rare(?): Kokoro, Akyuu

Route to Forest of Magic:
Common: Rumia, Wriggle and Mystia.
Rare: Tokiko, Rika.

Forest of Magic:
Common: Sunny, Luna and Star.
Very Rare: Alice.

Route to Myouren Temple:
Common: Kotohime, Kyouko, Benben and Yatsuhashi.
Rare: Nue.

Myouren Temple:
Common: Ichirin, Nazrin and Kyouko
Rare: Murasa and Shou

Myouren Temple Cemetery:
Common: Kogasa, Yoshika and Youmu.
Rare: Yuyuko.
Super Rare: Mima

Cave to Divine Mausoleum:
Common: Futo, Tojiko and Seiga.
Rare: Miko.

Route to Bamboo Forest:
Common: Kurumi, Mystia and Mamizou.
Uncommon: Seija
Rare: Elly.

Wait, have I missed a lot of areas? I've gone Route 3; which had Benben/Nue ect; and then I entered Route 4; which has Mamizou and co. I've not found Myouren Temple. And I am tempted to have a Kogasa in one of my two slots left to fill.

Also on 'Route to Bamboo Forest' I've totally had my encounters more like this:
Common: Mamizou; Elly; Kurumi
Uncommon: Mystia
Extremely Rare: Seija [Like; it took over 100 encounters to find one]

Seriously. I was finding Ellies like candy. They are not rare.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:53:31 PM by Raikaria »

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »
Ok, it seems there's a completely new route I didn't took because I'm an idiot. Sigh...

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:56 PM »
Ok, it seems there's a completely new route I didn't took because I'm an idiot. Sigh...

You not an idiot, it happens. Like when I was in the forest of magic I skipped the paths that led to a different screen only to back track through and find they were just items...

Rarity is not really important until we get encounter rates, I've run into more Alice then I have Star Sapphire, its all percentage so you could get really lucky with just a 20% rate.

« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2015, 11:20:34 PM »
The game is pretty mazelike overall. Myouren Temple is an entirely optional area that you can access before you get to Eientei, but don't need to go to until the very end of the game. The Forest of Magic is ridiculously huge, Youkai Mountain is filled with annoying caves, and the final dungeon is confusing to me even after I already know where to go.

Rarities to me feel like they're just Common and Rare, but Rare isn't so rare that you won't find a couple of them just by walking around normally. You probably won't get every puppet the first time through, but you should have a good idea where most of them are anyway.

Cost doesn't seem to matter that much, honestly. Kyouko and Keine were my MVPs my first game, and Murasa seemed about equal to Yorihime in usefulness my second. Kasen and Eirin both seem kind of bad to me too. More than stat totals, having good stats in the right places, as well as good types and abilities, seem more important.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:23:21 PM by Clarste »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
Cost doesn't seem to matter that much, honestly. Kyouko and Keine were my MVPs my first game, and Murasa seemed about equal to Yorihime in usefulness my second. Kasen and Eirin both seem kind of bad to me too. More than stat totals, having good stats in the right places, as well as good types and abilities, seem more important.

Yeah that's true, dispute crino being c:80 her power style gives her Fatk and Satk and SPD like a c:100/110

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2015, 01:34:47 AM »
every dungeon in this game is just an awful slog to get through

thankfully im (pretty sure, at least) at the end of the main game

« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2015, 04:20:13 AM »
Ahh, it's so hard to pick a stater >.< I just want to grab ZUN and go "GIVE ME EVERYTHING."

That said, I settled on Tenshi and she's pretty good. I wound up building her tanky and while she has a whole crapton of weaknesses she seems to weather pretty well in general situations.

I've been playing around with an "annoy all the people" team (Seija, Nue and  Tenshi are the core but I'm keeping open to new members) and I've found that Seija is a pretty great. Her ability Unjustness turns debuffs into buffs- including debuffs you get from openers and also from moves that have the "drawback" of decreasing stats. Nue is pretty powerful with an Electric type draining attack that more or less ruins most of Youkai Mountain and she seems to have pretty nice coverage. I've also had fun playing with Keine and her Were-Hakutaku form- but it's kind of hard to use right, especially when most foes clip her to half on the first turn and kill her on the second. That extra speed and power doesn't really seem to offset the fact that she's lost half her health.

« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2015, 04:34:56 AM »
I've also had fun playing with Keine and her Were-Hakutaku form- but it's kind of hard to use right, especially when most foes clip her to half on the first turn and kill her on the second. That extra speed and power doesn't really seem to offset the fact that she's lost half her health.

As I said earlier, Keine was my MVP and a lot of that was due to Were-Hakutaku. The basic pattern is to take a hit that puts you below half, and then counterattack for massive damage. And if they don't die from the counter, then you go before them next turn and finish them off. However, she's incredibly squishy, so if you don't think you're going to go first and kill them, then you should probably switch her out. I also gave her the item that heals you a bit every turn, which often let her switch back to defensive mode if she was only slightly below half. And my Keine had enough defense to survive pretty much anything if she starts the turn above half.

I don't know what other people do for EVs, but I gave her maxed out F. Attack and split the rest between both defense stats so she could survive anything.