Author Topic: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)  (Read 273869 times)

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)
« Reply #630 on: December 20, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »

Look at her.
Look at her and tell me she's not the cutest creature in the world.
JUST LOOK AT HER.

Sumimi <3
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #631 on: December 21, 2015, 03:28:59 AM »
This game needs level difference balanced experience gain. Badly.

« Reply #632 on: December 21, 2015, 06:16:59 AM »
This game needs level difference balanced experience gain. Badly.
At some point Cirno was like, 20 levels ahead of everyone so I just kept her in the lead cuz why the hell not and she got Lv. 100 in the one battle right before
Spoiler:
Makai
. Was pretty hilarious.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #633 on: December 21, 2015, 06:56:06 AM »
Yup, you can pretty much solo the game with your starter. I even defeated the last boss with Mai (my first starter) only, and no other puppet even saw the fight.

« Reply #634 on: December 21, 2015, 05:03:26 PM »
Funnily enough Cirno was the last puppet I caught and my starter ended up being my worst one, pfft.

« Reply #635 on: December 22, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »
Cost determines how much experience you need to level up. An 80 cost puppet (fairies and stage 1 bosses and whatnot) will level up more than twice as fast as a 120 cost puppet (some final bosses or anyone implied to be exceptionally strong). For the purposes of just clearing the story, level matters way more than base stats, so the 120 cost ones are just kind of worse, in that sense.

Cirno is 80, and Mai is 90, so they make the game significantly easier than if you had picked, say, Suika.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:31:49 AM by Clarste »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #636 on: December 22, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »
Uggh I need to see if the patch will work for windows 10 yet. Been holding off on playing.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #637 on: December 22, 2015, 06:53:35 PM »
Uggh I need to see if the patch will work for windows 10 yet. Been holding off on playing.
It does! I have Win 10.

When you ran out of ideas for puppet names

EDIT: Holy Hakurei balls, Doremy is a dream type puppet?! That is so cool!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:05:44 AM by LunaWillow »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #638 on: December 23, 2015, 09:03:03 PM »
Cost determines how much experience you need to level up. An 80 cost puppet (fairies and stage 1 bosses and whatnot) will level up more than twice as fast as a 120 cost puppet (some final bosses or anyone implied to be exceptionally strong). For the purposes of just clearing the story, level matters way more than base stats, so the 120 cost ones are just kind of worse, in that sense.

Cirno is 80, and Mai is 90, so they make the game significantly easier than if you had picked, say, Suika.

It appears that this is toned down in the append. 80 and 120 cost puppets now need 0.85x/1.15x the experience of 100 cost puppets instead of 0.7x/1.3x.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #639 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »
The war against Speed Sanae continues...Turns out she has the Puppet equivalent of Scrappy, so I can't use a Wind-type to wall off her Jewelry Storm attack. She also has Wind Wave, but I have no idea what other attacks she has available. Does anyone have any advice on how to beat this little pest?

EDIT: Nevermind level 44 Speed Futo was enough to wreck her I am happy now :D

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #640 on: December 31, 2015, 04:44:12 PM »
Full version of the append is up on melonbooks now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #641 on: December 31, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »
Does the translation patch still work for the append version? I'm assuming it probably doesn't, but if it does I'm gonna go buy that right away.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #642 on: December 31, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »
I haven't actually tried it but I'm 100% sure that it doesn't.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #643 on: December 31, 2015, 10:13:37 PM »
Changes in Puppet Locations so far are:

Route 1:
Lily White - Common
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Seija in a barrel.

Human Village:
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Kisume in a well.

Myouren Temple Cemetery:
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Kisume again in a well... again...

Route 3:
Raiko - Super Rare (?)
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Wriggle in a barrel.

Senkai:
Yoshika - Common
Tojiko - Common
Futo -  Less Common
Miko - Rare

Route 2:
Sumireko - Rare
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Rinnosuke in a pot next to Korindou.

Route 4:
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Nitori in a pot.

Cut Area of Bamboo Forest:
Seiran - Less Common
Ringo - Less Common
Gyokuto has been renamed to Reisen.

Dream World (only one chance of going):
Doremy - Common
Clownpiece - Common
Junko - Rare
Hecatia - Super Rare

Moon Capital (if someone spots you, you'll be sent back to the dream world, also if Doremy suddenly appears and says if your time is up):
Seiran - Common
Reisen - Common
Sagume - Rare (uses Whirlwind).
Ringo - Less Common
Toyohime - Super Rare
Yorihime - Super Rare (you guys won't believe how long it took me to find her... ;_;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:57:12 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #644 on: January 01, 2016, 03:05:20 PM »
Dream World (only one chance of going):
Doremy - Common
Clownpiece - Common
Junko - Rare
Hecatia - Super Rare

Moon Capital (if someone spots you, you'll be sent back to the dream world, also if Doremy suddenly appears and says if your time is up):
Seiran - Common
Reisen - Common
Sagume - Rare (uses Whirlwind).
Ringo - Less Common
Toyohime - Super Rare
Yorihime - Super Rare (you guys won't believe how long it took me to find her... ;_;)

So you can go to Dream World/Lunar Capital from Bamboo Forests Cut Area? And you get only one chance, so if you mess up, you can't get LoLK guys..? (Unless they appear somewhere later, of course) Hanging around Lunar Capital behind the back of lunarians sounds fun!

Koog

« Reply #645 on: January 01, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
So you can go to Dream World/Lunar Capital from Bamboo Forests Cut Area? And you get only one chance, so if you mess up, you can't get LoLK guys..? (Unless they appear somewhere later, of course) Hanging around Lunar Capital behind the back of lunarians sounds fun!
Well... so far I've got one chance of going... There could be more... Or the cast could be found somewhere else...

Basically, if you leave the dream world. You can't come back.
Spoiler:
Also, If you go to the Lunar Capital, you can steal their sake xD
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:58:41 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #646 on: January 01, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »
You can buy more dream pills from Reisen. You'll also need them for something else in the post-game.

Koog

« Reply #647 on: January 01, 2016, 08:55:40 PM »
You can buy more dream pills from Reisen. You'll also need them for something else in the post-game.
I see then. I'll edit my other post. Thanks for the info then!

Genbu Ravine Cave:
Seiga - ???

Kappa Village:
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Suika in a barrel (can't remember)

Tengu Village:
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: 3 Hatates in 3 barrels.

Youkai Mountain 2nd Part Cave:
Sara - Rare

Mayohiga:
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Chen in a pot.

Road of Liminality (?):
Mystia - Common
Nitori - Rare
Luize - Common
Yuuka - Super Rare
Kokoro - Super Rare
Spoiler:
Hidden Puppet: Suika and Yuugi in 2 barrels.

Sanzu River:
Komachi - Common
Eiki - Less Common
Mima - Rare
Rin - Super Rare

Post Game Areas:
Spoiler:
Heaven:

Tenshi - Common
Iku - Common
Suika - Less Common
Ichirin - Rare
Raiko - Rare
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:54:50 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #648 on: January 03, 2016, 09:02:18 AM »
Hello there, I will help some postgame things if you have reached there but be wary of major spoilers.

Just ignore this post and the black box if you still not in the post game.

Spoiler:
Kasen's item locations are the same, except one item in the mausoleum, it's not there. Rather, go to route 1 via Human Village, go out a little bit and you should see a breakable rock, break it, go inside, there may be some puppet battles, they're very underleveled if this is your first time there, go in, and you find Kana. Her dolls are all of the Poltergeists, forgot their levels and style. After you fought her, you get the item. There's a note near there, but don't know what it does.

Dream World, yes they use Dream Pills, yes they're buyable from Reisen in Human Village. There are two Dream Worlds. One in Bamboo Forest, and one in Sanzu River, the Sanzu River is just before Youkai Mountain, via Genbu Ravine, just left of the rest area. Bamboo Forest takes you to Lunar Capital, which I consider to be Safari Zone until there's further info about it. Sanzu River takes you to Hecatia's Hell, which have a tower, and you fight series of battles with Clownpiece as your final opponent. She has two Clownpieces, Junko, and Hecatia. After that she will come outside and can do something to you, that which I don't know.

In Human Village go to Akyuu's House, there's a maid waiting for you, talk to Akyuu, and you then trigger a rematch with all of the Team 9 Members. After that Medicine can be encountered in the Suzuran Field. There's also some Puppet Liberation Front remnants in Route 5 and Route 6, significance unknown.

Some questions:
Spoiler:
where is Yuuka, and the Shining Needle Castle?

« Reply #649 on: January 03, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
Spoiler:
In Human Village go to Akyuu's House, there's a maid waiting for you, talk to Akyuu, and you then trigger a rematch with all of the Team 9 Members. After that Medicine can be encountered in the Suzuran Field. There's also some Puppet Liberation Front remnants in Route 5 and Route 6, significance unknown.

Some questions:
Spoiler:
where is Yuuka, and the Shining Needle Castle?

Spoiler:
First of all, in order to trigger the Team 9 rematch, you'll need to have cleared the Flandre quest and have gotten the book from the Lily doll in the Netherworld. Just to make this clearer.

As for your question, Aya can take you to the Shining Needle Castle from the Puppet center on the east side of youkai mountain, after you fight Medicine. Yuuka is involved in a later step of the process (after you get all the books, which lets you finally visit the place where you started behind the shrine). This is all part of a storyline leading up to the postgame final boss (which unlocks boxes 21-51, containing all your puppets imported from the first game). For reference, here's a list of the books:

1) Mamizou gives one to Kosuzu when introducing the books.
2) Miko boss fight
3) Talk to Koakuma any time after beating Remilia the first time
4) After beating the Three Fairies in Tengu Village
5) Prize from the tournament in the Old Capital of the Underworld
6) Lying around in Yuuka's house in the Sunflower Field
7) ??? (I don't remember, but I don't think it's missable)
8) Dropped by Lily doll in the Netherworld (after fighting Yuyuko)
9) Prize for clearing the Shining Needle Castel
10) Reward for gathering all 9 other books
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:17:46 PM by Clarste »

« Reply #650 on: January 03, 2016, 05:16:58 PM »
Oh yeah, for reference, this game has a New Game+ feature. If you have a clear save file and try to start a new game, it will automatically put all the puppets currently in your party into your new game's box, reincarnated into level 5. And if your old starter isn't in your party and you choose a new one, you get them too in box 1 too, except not reincarnated (have fun going through the game with a level 100 starter). Your old boxes 21 through 51 are unlocked in the postgame (without the items they were carrying), but any earlier boxes will be deleted, except for your starter. The only way not to start a New Game+ is to delete your save file first.

Starting the New Game+ also unlock events that would otherwise only appear if you imported data from the first game (
Spoiler:
since they involve you being an interdimensional traveler who's replaying through the same events in a different world
). I've never played without an imported save though, so I couldn't tell you what the precise differences are.

Koog

« Reply #651 on: January 03, 2016, 09:22:25 PM »
More Post-Game Areas Encounters:

Spoiler:
Netherworld:
Youmu - Common
Yuyuko - Common
Lyrica - Less Common
Lunasa - Less Common
Merlin - Less Common
Lily White - Rare

LLS Dream World:
Kurumi - Common
Elly - Common
Yuuka - Rare
Mugetsu - Rare
Gengetsu - Rare

Also, thanks for the info... Even at that time I already went to fight Clownpiece... But then I really didn't do the rest...

Spoiler:
Goddamn, the Mugetsu and Gengetsu battle... Their Mugetsu kept recovering itself... It was so annoying, so I decided to change the weather soo my Junko could do more damage and finally kill it... Then, their Remilia was almost OHKO'd by my Junko, then they OHKO'd my Junko, but then I remembered, my Junko has the ability to hit back if a skill with 70 or more damage kills her... so then I KO'd Remilia with it... What a ridiculous way to win...

Also got a question is the wedding dress unlocked for other puppets than just your starter?? My Doremy seems to like me quite a lot but it's not unlocked... :/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:10:22 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #652 on: January 03, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »
Also got a question is the wedding dress unlocked for other puppets than just your starter?? My Doremy seems to like me quite a lot but it's not unlocked... :/

Yes. I don't know how long it takes, but it happens eventually.

jester147

« Reply #653 on: January 04, 2016, 01:43:22 AM »
Here's some matter regarding old save bonus.

Your puppets returned. Box 21 is your team and starter, while box 22 and beyond is what you have in your boxes. They're when the game detects the data, so say if you play Yume no Kakera and then you play the first one and save, it will not carry over, basic data reading. See what Clarste said about when they're available. That's actually new game+. What I'm trying to say is you get them in the postgame. Exact moment is
Spoiler:
after you beat Mugetsu and Gengetsu in Mugenkan.

Also Yume no Kakera has altered the learnset for the puppets. Some puppets now can't learn the skills that you can learn in the old game. If you have the puppet with the old moves then the move is labeled ! in front of the name. They're still usable ingame, but you can't use them on netplay, because that would be illegal.

That's it for doll carryover.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:14:06 AM by jester147 »

« Reply #654 on: January 04, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »
I'll definitely be going for New Game+ once there's an English patch for it, to see if there's been any changes in the game. I haven't gone through post-game yet though, so I better get there and make sure that all the puppets I want for my team will have S stats and the right Emblem before I do so. It'll save me a lot of streaming time since I don't have to go through the pain of catching puppets with decent stats again. However, I will still only use the puppets once I'm at the point where I'm able to catch them in the wild. And from the trailer, we're finally able to interact with Flan? Can't wait for that (Just hoping that her character will be okay. I've seen quite a few games where she's just batshit sadistic and I hated that)

jester147

« Reply #655 on: January 04, 2016, 06:32:34 AM »
Well she's not sadistic, she just want to play :)

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
« Reply #656 on: January 04, 2016, 02:18:58 PM »
Spoiler:
Goddamn, the Mugetsu and Gengetsu battle... Their Mugetsu kept recovering itself... It was so annoying, so I decided to change the weather soo my Junko could do more damage and finally kill it... Then, their Remilia was almost OHKO'd by my Junko, then they OHKO'd my Junko, but then I remembered, my Junko has the ability to hit back if a skill with 70 or more damage kills her... so then I KO'd Remilia with it... What a ridiculous way to win...
Haha, I had a very similiar situation with Cirno in first games post game. Her last pupped OHKO'd most of my team, but then I used my Mokou (who was lvl 17, btw) against it and she had same ability as Junko. So Cirno OHKO'd her - I used someone else - I revived Mokou - I chose Mokou - she died again - eventually, she KO'd Cirno.

I almost ran out of revives this way

« Reply #657 on: January 04, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »
Given that the shop in Kasen's forest doesn't sell the high end items anymore, does anyone know where to get those? The Black Choker, Rebellion Tome, etc.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #658 on: January 04, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »
Ok I just gotten the expansion myself, but I'm stuck on how to install it without it screwing up my old data.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:16:47 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Koog

« Reply #659 on: January 04, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »
Going through some old areas I forgot to check:

Ice-side of Makai (?):
Yuki - Common
Mai - Common
Elis - Rare
YuugenMagan - Rare
Sariel - Rare
Mwahahahahha!