Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 247331 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2014, 06:43:29 AM »
The final boss' multi target Spirit attack really hurts even though I'm already gearing spirit resistance...

Does anyone know if you should put a priority on MND or DEF? Or can I just completely ignore one of the two? I'm not sure what to do because I losing to the boss but I can never tell why.

You can increase your resistance to spirit with money, level 20-25 for most resistances will last through most of the post game.
Make sure you have some good secondary classes for your characters too, as these can make a big difference.
Don't forget to debuff the boss and buff your own characters as well.

Do you keep dieing to the same thing?  Or you do you just slowly get beaten?

Are you using characters with dark attacks?  The last boss is weak to dark.
What are the average levels of your stats? You should start aiming for them to be the same as your character levels now.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »
The final boss' multi target Spirit attack really hurts even though I'm already gearing spirit resistance...

Does anyone know if you should put a priority on MND or DEF? Or can I just completely ignore one of the two? I'm not sure what to do because I losing to the boss but I can never tell why.
This is just my assumption but I mainly focused on DEF since it seems like a composite attack and the bosses first phase is mostly basic attacks.

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2014, 04:36:50 PM »
You can increase your resistance to spirit with money, level 20-25 for most resistances will last through most of the post game.
Make sure you have some good secondary classes for your characters too, as these can make a big difference.
Don't forget to debuff the boss and buff your own characters as well.

Do you keep dieing to the same thing?  Or you do you just slowly get beaten?

Are you using characters with dark attacks?  The last boss is weak to dark.
What are the average levels of your stats? You should start aiming for them to be the same as your character levels now.

I have spirit resistance on my characters thoughhh. And I buff a ton too. (And try to debuff the boss)
Yeah I have like... Flan. I've been trying out Kaguya/Rumia and next time probably Kasen but I haven't found someone good yet :/

Also, sheesh, leveling up all my stats to 100? That's... a lot.

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »
I have spirit resistance on my characters thoughhh. And I buff a ton too. (And try to debuff the boss)
Yeah I have like... Flan. I've been trying out Kaguya/Rumia and next time probably Kasen but I haven't found someone good yet :/

Also, sheesh, leveling up all my stats to 100? That's... a lot.

You will need even more stats if you want to do the post game =\ , it is grindy but not as bad as other games.

Here is a list of Dark attackers that I can think of;
Kasen,  Flan, Rumia, Kogasa, Orin, Sakuya, Eirin, Yuyuko,  Hina & Reisen for debuffs too, and Satori if you got others dark users on the front line.
Wriggle can do some decent damage with Poison. Eiki can fully pierce defenses but it is spirit damage, her dark attack doesn't do much damage too.

What characters are you using to buff?

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2014, 01:36:04 AM »
You missed Parsee. She's almost pure dark, and her nuke does insane damage.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2014, 01:59:03 AM »
Hi again. Figured I'd drop this off to complement the whole "dummied-out subclasses" thing...

Dummied skills list

As far as I can tell, none of these are available short of hacking (though I could have slipped up on one or two...). I haven't tested any of them so it's also unclear if they still work or not. A few interesting notes...

• Skills 58, 59, 69, and 70 were probably meant for the dummied-out Elementalist subclass. It's unclear if any of the other skills were meant for the Appraiser subclass but my guess is no. Well, now we know (maybe?)...
  • Skill 713 implies Yuuka was meant to have a Master Spark as well. It's unclear how it would have differed from Marisa's or why it was removed though...
  • Skill 233 sounds pretty OP. :) Note the "+" in the name; not to be confused with the regular version...
  • Skill 262 is different from Minoriko and (some other character, forgot who and too lazy to look for them)'s version: it only gains 1 Lv.

So, seems like a possible explanation of the Elementalist subclass exists now. There are also two dummied-out items with untranslated names/info that look to be in the right place to be "Elementalist's proof" and "Appraiser's proof". It seems feasible to hack at least the former class back into the game, given that skills apparently exist for it. Neat, I guess.

Ciao!

(For the record, in regards to the last boss, I found that stacking buffs on Byakuren and using Duplicating Chant to max out Nitori/Flandre's ATK or the party's defensive stats in general gave great results. I had two speedy tanks doing the switching and kept swapping attackers and Byakuren in and out whenever I got the chance - the fight was surprisingly easy with that approach. Might want to give that a try...)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:01:46 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »

Ah snap :derp: I bet she is Jealous she got left out.
Ya she does do nice damage, but you need to give the boss terror first and then it eats the affect up too  :ohdear:

For the record, in regards to the last boss, I found that stacking buffs on Byakuren and using Duplicating Chant to max out Nitori/Flandre's ATK or the party's defensive stats in general gave great results. I had two speedy tanks doing the switching and kept swapping attackers and Byakuren in and out whenever I got the chance - the fight was surprisingly easy with that approach. Might want to give that a try...

I use Byakuren + Strategist to keep 100% buffs up on her and duplicate them out, and Sanae to buff Byakuren up fast and then go Magician to give out MP.
I also found out that Strategist keeps the Magic Circuit buff up longer as well, so it can probably affect other spells that work the same way.

As for the Master Spark, in LoT1 Marisa's Master Spark was Single target while Yuuka's was Multitarget and did less damage.  Now since Marisa's in LoT2 is already Multitarget, Yuuka didn't really need it.  They did give her the multi attack skill instead to make up for that, but I wish they gave her 1 more base spell card.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:50:27 AM by Spiffspoo »

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2014, 04:14:43 AM »
Some of those dummy skills seem like it belongs to some characters but were maybe taken out because of balance consideration. Youmu may suppose to get Mental Concentration +, since she has some similar gimmick in Touhou of Labyrinth 1. No other character can recovery as much mana as Youmu because of the innate doubling effect.
Master Spark is probably Yuuka's skill, but with Extra Attack, the designers were thinking it may be on the OP side. If you get lucky, 3+ Consecutive Master Sparks to a boss is pretty devastating.
Coiling Shimenawa is probably Kanako's move. Wonder why they took that out?

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2014, 06:37:04 AM »
You will need even more stats if you want to do the post game =\ , it is grindy but not as bad as other games.

Here is a list of Dark attackers that I can think of;
Kasen,  Flan, Rumia, Kogasa, Orin, Sakuya, Eirin, Yuyuko,  Hina & Reisen for debuffs too, and Satori if you got others dark users on the front line.
Wriggle can do some decent damage with Poison. Eiki can fully pierce defenses but it is spirit damage, her dark attack doesn't do much damage too.

What characters are you using to buff?
I use Wriggle already, will obviously keep Flan, tried out Rumia, dealt like 20000 damage with lots of buffs. Haven't tried Kogasa and Kasen yet but I'm not sure if they have enough might do deal considerably good damage. The rest don't have attack builds (except Yuyuko but I'm not sure about her either)

I have Byakuren pretty much almost always on the field. I use Yukari and Keine for buffs and also Reimu for healing.

Parsee isn't really to build to attack for me and switching her in to inflict terror and nuke sounds fairly risky... and since I have never used said nuke before, I'm not sure if it'll be effective  :ohdear

(For the record, in regards to the last boss, I found that stacking buffs on Byakuren and using Duplicating Chant to max out Nitori/Flandre's ATK or the party's defensive stats in general gave great results. I had two speedy tanks doing the switching and kept swapping attackers and Byakuren in and out whenever I got the chance - the fight was surprisingly easy with that approach. Might want to give that a try...)
That's exactly the approach I'm using, though... (though I'm not sure if you could really call Komachi speedy. Though I do often give them Byakuren's 5 Stat Buffs just for her (well, not really her) and my other durable characters to have defenses/speed.)

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2014, 07:31:47 AM »
Parsee is actually very effective vs Ama no Murakumo. She was in my 3rd/4th slot most of the time during the 1st and near the end of 2nd phase.  Her defense and HP aren't that bad, and if you put a Yukari on the field, her defense becomes especially good. (If you invested a lot into her Mind.)

It's true that Parsee doesn't have much attack, however, she doesn't need that much. She can deal a buttload of damage without much attack. Usually I would give a buff to Parsee before hand, inflict terror on le Sword (Terror is easy to inflict on Ama no Murakumo) then go to town. It's also a good idea to have a Hina on the field when you do this, to further increase Parsee's attacks (with her self-inflicted debuffs and debuffing Ama no Murakumo). While you're at it, add a Kogasa to to complete the 'Calamity Four' which is what I call it; Yukari, Parsee, Kogasa, Hina. (You don't really need Yukari, but I'd recommend it. I didn't use her, but I know that if I did it would have been easier since I was using Parsee)

But yeah, if you're gonna use Parsee, you should AT LEAST have a Hina imo.

« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2014, 07:59:02 AM »
I used Kasen since I got her, and she was in party for 95% of the game.
So I had her all built up and knew how to use her.

She is good against the last boss because of her dark attack, and she can trade TP to survive getting killed sometime,
Her nature AoE is good for trash and bosses with adds or multiple parts.

I didn't use Yukari much, but I could see her being OP with Aya. Combined with Flan you could deal some serious damage, but I never tried that out.
Could even throw Satori in there too, but Flan would be seriously low on MP and might not get all the attacks in at that point.

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
Parsee isn't really to build to attack for me and switching her in to inflict terror and nuke sounds fairly risky... and since I have never used said nuke before, I'm not sure if it'll be effective  :ohdear

It's very effective. I don't know if the attack power is tied to the strength of the terror or not, but the damage it can do is amazing. It's perfectly comparable to a full-atk Nitori's 3d super scope. I think her insane damage comes from a really high final multiplier, though. I tried using it on a postgame boss that was weak to dark, and it barely scratched him.

You don't want to have Parsee inflict terror herself, though. It's much better to partner her up with Kasen (or Kogasa), and have them do the terror, letting Parsee nuke every turn she gets (ideally). Plus, Parsee has the +dark damage skill, so she'll help those two deal damage regardless.

Hi again. Figured I'd drop this off to complement the whole "dummied-out subclasses" thing...

Dummied skills list

As far as I can tell, none of these are available short of hacking (though I could have slipped up on one or two...). I haven't tested any of them so it's also unclear if they still work or not. A few interesting notes...

• Skills 58, 59, 69, and 70 were probably meant for the dummied-out Elementalist subclass. It's unclear if any of the other skills were meant for the Appraiser subclass but my guess is no. Well, now we know (maybe?)...
  • Skill 713 implies Yuuka was meant to have a Master Spark as well. It's unclear how it would have differed from Marisa's or why it was removed though...
  • Skill 233 sounds pretty OP. :) Note the "+" in the name; not to be confused with the regular version...
  • Skill 262 is different from Minoriko and (some other character, forgot who and too lazy to look for them)'s version: it only gains 1 Lv.

So, seems like a possible explanation of the Elementalist subclass exists now. There are also two dummied-out items with untranslated names/info that look to be in the right place to be "Elementalist's proof" and "Appraiser's proof". It seems feasible to hack at least the former class back into the game, given that skills apparently exist for it. Neat, I guess.

+wnd damage sounds like Iku, -Ntr is Suika. I wonder why those skills were cut, since there's currently no way to deal extra wind or reduce nature. Or deal bonus damage to dragons or Oni.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »
+ Wind does sound like an Iku ability, but -Nature for Suika? No. It sounds more like Yuuka. And I'd imagine the extra damage to Oni ability being on Yuugi, as Suika's ability allows to more easily land paralysis on Oni.

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »
+ Wind does sound like an Iku ability, but -Nature for Suika? No. It sounds more like Yuuka. And I'd imagine the extra damage to Oni ability being on Yuugi, as Suika's ability allows to more easily land paralysis on Oni.

63. Heavy Drinker of Mt. Ibuki (2 Lv, 5 SP)
When the user is in front, NTR damage taken is reduced.
This effect is applied to all in front.

No, I'd say that's definitely Suika. She does have NTR attacks too, so it's not really that out of place.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »
Well, I played around a bit with the dummied out commands and skills and they seem to work just fine. I've compiled a character/subclass hacking document for those who want to try out some of the dummied-out stuff or who just want to mess around with character data/create their own subclasses.

LoT2 Character and Subclass hacking document

Ex 1: 061BA4   Base TP    10
This is Reimu's base TP. Its default value is 0x10 (16 in decimal) and it can be found at offset 0x061BA4. You can change it to, say, 0x63 to give her 99 base TP.

Ex 2: 061EBE   Command 1  F4 01
This is Reimu's first "command"-type skill, located at offset 0x61EBE. If you look down in the skills section, under "F4 01", you'll find it listed as "Yin-Yang Orb". You can change it to, say, 0x08 0x02 to give her Rabies Bite ( :o ).

Because of how the game sets up its data, there's no easy way to add or remove skills; skills can only be changed to something else. Anything more cannot be done with just a hex editor and requires assembly. Have fun!

Latest works
The Strongest

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2014, 12:21:33 AM »
So how would you use this in Cheat Engine?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »
So how would you use this in Cheat Engine?
You wouldn't. Cheat Engine is a debugger, not a hex editor. You can use it to edit something already loaded in memory but making modifications to files on the disk isn't what it was made for.

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »
You wouldn't. Cheat Engine is a debugger, not a hex editor. You can use it to edit something already loaded in memory but making modifications to files on the disk isn't what it was made for.

Dang... I wanted to give Remi some more attacks.  2 spellcards, with the buff becoming completely useless later on, is really terrible design.

EDIT
Wait... how does Satori's Commands work then?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:45:18 AM by Spiffspoo »

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2014, 01:56:34 AM »
So you can give anybody Mokou resurrection/Mainteniance Or any spell card just for shit and giggles?  :V

Also, So monsters/boss moves have values too? Imagine giving to anybody moves like

C:  filling the world
Ame no murakumo: Advent of the children of god
Magical Heart: Space-Time Warp
Crystal guardian: Summon Elemental Crystals
Ran: Shikigami summon
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:01:16 AM by DarkAtma »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2014, 03:01:53 AM »
Dang... I wanted to give Remi some more attacks.  2 spellcards, with the buff becoming completely useless later on, is really terrible design.
Replace your exe with this. (Edit: Actually, just drop it in the same folder as your exe. Don't replace it. Just in case. ;) ) I wrote a quick little hack to give her an extra command (seemed to work okay when I tested it...). Currently it's using Rabies Bite (08 02) as a place-holder. You can change it by changing the value at 0x06A34C with a hex editor to any of the values in the hacking guide I posted earlier. Feel free to give her something fun. :)

Wait... how does Satori's Commands work then?
I'm not sure what's causing you trouble... She just reads out the values stored in every front-line character's command listings. If you change a character's commands, the commands she has access to also change accordingly.

Also, So monsters/boss moves have values too?
Enemy commands differ from character commands. They're contained in a different list. From my experimenting, giving a character a skill ID that doesn't refer to a character skill just crashes the game because they're nowhere to be found in the handler function. Junk data ends up being used when trying to load up their name/info/data and the border between execution and crashes collapses pretty hard. So enemies must use enemy skills and characters must use character skills; there's no way to mix and match them. Too bad... :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:26:51 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2014, 03:30:31 AM »
I'm not sure what's causing you trouble... She just reads out the values stored in every front-line character's command listings. If you change a character's commands, the commands she has access to also change accordingly.

I was just thinking you could use something similar to the function that loads her commands, but have it read from a different location in memory to easily change any characters commands.
Probably more work than its worth though.

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2014, 04:30:46 AM »
Replace your exe with this. (Edit: Actually, just drop it in the same folder as your exe. Don't replace it. Just in case. ;) ) I wrote a quick little hack to give her an extra command (seemed to work okay when I tested it...). Currently it's using Rabies Bite (08 02) as a place-holder. You can change it by changing the value at 0x06A34C with a hex editor to any of the values in the hacking guide I posted earlier. Feel free to give her something fun. :)

Enemy commands differ from character commands. They're contained in a different list. From my experimenting, giving a character a skill ID that doesn't refer to a character skill just crashes the game because they're nowhere to be found in the handler function. Junk data ends up being used when trying to load up their name/info/data and the border between execution and crashes collapses pretty hard. So enemies must use enemy skills and characters must use character skills; there's no way to mix and match them. Too bad... :P

Hmm? Are you using a decompiler to get that function? Or part of IDA? There's a couple of things I'd like to find out about the game, but trying to trace through the asm in OllyDbg is suffering.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2014, 05:23:57 AM »
Hmm? Are you using a decompiler to get that function? Or part of IDA? There's a couple of things I'd like to find out about the game, but trying to trace through the asm in OllyDbg is suffering.
I'm a youkai hacker. I use ndisasm to dump a listing (ndisasm -u thlabyrinth2.exe > disassembly.txt) and then go through it by hand. I also code quick-and-dirty little tools to facilitate some things (in this case, a string-extractor that just takes the highlighted offset in my text editor and copies the string it points to to the clipboard - same tool I used when working on LoT-Rebirth (though with different offsets)). And, of course, I have no idea where I'd be without a text editor that supports regular expressions.

I'll be glad to point you off in the right direction if you're looking for anything in particular. I haven't found everything yet but depending on what you're trying to figure out about the game, maybe I can help...

On topic, is it just me or are the post-game boss level requirements completely insane? Even 30+ levels over them I get annihilated before I get a chance to do much. I'm starting to wonder if there's much of a point to it other than bragging rights (by the time you get the last 2 characters, anyhow, the post-game's nearly done so they practically seem to be there for novelty purposes only...) Granted, diva-Aya can make short work of the post-game bosses but that's just cheating. :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:28:29 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2014, 06:05:42 AM »

Iku is more Lightning than Wind. It makes more sense for it to be either Aya, Sanae or Kanako.

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2014, 07:16:17 AM »
>is doing really well against the final boss
>Super Scope 3D
>Final Boss summons minions
>Nitori not ready to use Extending Arm because I can't switch her around fast enough
>Loses fight

why this

Edit: And then I beat it the next try because I actually save Nitori's MP for Extending Arm and THEN Super Scope.
Gotta love how that one move from the boss can trip up the entire fight and pretty much end it despite doing so well.

The best part? I got a perfect victory!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:35:46 AM by Monothemeerp »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2014, 11:54:40 AM »
Well, I played around a bit with the dummied out commands and skills and they seem to work just fine. I've compiled a character/subclass hacking document for those who want to try out some of the dummied-out stuff or who just want to mess around with character data/create their own subclasses.

LoT2 Character and Subclass hacking document

Ex 1: 061BA4   Base TP    10
This is Reimu's base TP. Its default value is 0x10 (16 in decimal) and it can be found at offset 0x061BA4. You can change it to, say, 0x63 to give her 99 base TP.

Ex 2: 061EBE   Command 1  F4 01
This is Reimu's first "command"-type skill, located at offset 0x61EBE. If you look down in the skills section, under "F4 01", you'll find it listed as "Yin-Yang Orb". You can change it to, say, 0x08 0x02 to give her Rabies Bite ( :o ).

Because of how the game sets up its data, there's no easy way to add or remove skills; skills can only be changed to something else. Anything more cannot be done with just a hex editor and requires assembly. Have fun!

Question for you, EthanSilver. How does the game handle the various Tomes that add the various boost skills to the characters? Does it just unlock something that's already there, or are the boosts listed on a separate list in the program itself? My reasoning is that I would want to know if it's possible to give everyone else the High Boost Skills that Rinnosuke normally gets, and see the results of that.

Also, if one could, is it possible to alter how a skill operates, and if so, what are the limitations? Sorry if the last part sounds vague, but I really am curious about this stuff is all.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:27:32 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »
Tried giving meiling aya peerless wind god spellcard, the game promply crashed, I am using xvi32 hex editor, Still learning how to edit this because i have no idea of wat i am doing

I have this false hope that someday, in the distant future, someone will release a easy to use character editor  :V
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:48:05 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
I'm a youkai hacker. I use ndisasm to dump a listing (ndisasm -u thlabyrinth2.exe > disassembly.txt) and then go through it by hand. I also code quick-and-dirty little tools to facilitate some things (in this case, a string-extractor that just takes the highlighted offset in my text editor and copies the string it points to to the clipboard - same tool I used when working on LoT-Rebirth (though with different offsets)). And, of course, I have no idea where I'd be without a text editor that supports regular expressions.

I'll be glad to point you off in the right direction if you're looking for anything in particular. I haven't found everything yet but depending on what you're trying to figure out about the game, maybe I can help...

Ah, so manual decompilation. Okay. I can do that myself, it's just that going through (decompiled) C++ would be a lot easier for me, Oh well.

The main things I'm curious about are the evasion/accuracy formula and the damage formulas. I don't think you'd really be able to 'point me in the right direction' beyond just doing it all yourself, so don't worry about it.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2014, 04:59:44 PM »
How does the game handle the various Tomes that add the various boost skills to the characters? Does it just unlock something that's already there, or are the boosts listed on a separate list in the program itself? My reasoning is that I would want to know if it's possible to give everyone else the High Boost Skills that Rinnosuke normally gets, and see the results of that.
The function which sets up a character's passive stat boost skills looks like this. To sum it up, a character's default skills are switched "on". The game then checks all tomes that were used and switches those skills "on" as well. Then, it assigns the ID of the corresponding passive stat boost skill, checking to see if it's handling Rinnosuke and assigning the "high boost" skill IDs instead if that's the case. Then some stuff that I-don't-know-wtf-yet-but-it's-probably-not-too-important.

There's no easy way to control for individual characters, but you can change the ID of who gets the "high boost" skills by changing the 0x03 at 00061791 (Rinnosuke's character ID) to something else.
You can also make everyone get the "high boost" skills by changing the 0x01 at 00061799 to 0x19 (making it so the default skills for boost skills uses the "high boost" list).

Also, if one could, is it possible to alter how a skill operates, and if so, what are the limitations? Sorry if the last part sounds vague, but I really am curious about this stuff is all.
I haven't looked into this yet but the original LoT gave each skill a set of parameters (MP / %ATK / %MAG / %DEF / %MND / Post-use delay / targetting info, etc..) and handled additional effects (like the influence of Marisa's remaining MP on Master Spark's damage calculations, or other oddball things) through code. I'd assume most passive skills are code-based (can't really see how they could be handled with just a bunch of parameters... there's too little overlap between their effects) but a very quick look through my listing makes me think spellcards are handled like they were in the original LoT. In other words, most damage calculations and the likes can be tweaked with a hex editor but the more complex stuff is handled through code on a per-spellcard basis.

Tried giving meiling aya peerless wind god spellcard, the game promply crashed, I am using xvi32 hex editor, Still learning how to edit this because i have no idea of wat i am doing
It worked fine on my end.

Meiling's first command is at 068E6D. The value there should read "76 02". If not, make sure you're at the right address and make sure you're using the right version of the game (1.203). Change it to Peerless Wind God's value (4A 02). Make sure you're not inserting extra bytes - IIRC, xvi32 can switch between "insert" and "replace" with the "Insert" key.

If you don't have the right version, you can try looking for...
20 01 00 00 8B 45 F8 C7 80 EC 05 00 00 76 02 00
If only one match turns up, the "76 02" near the end is what you want to modify.

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2014, 05:17:21 PM »

On topic, is it just me or are the post-game boss level requirements completely insane? Even 30+ levels over them I get annihilated before I get a chance to do much. I'm starting to wonder if there's much of a point to it other than bragging rights (by the time you get the last 2 characters, anyhow, the post-game's nearly done so they practically seem to be there for novelty purposes only...) Granted, diva-Aya can make short work of the post-game bosses but that's just cheating. :D

You have to have good sub classes, good items, high stat levels, and good skill allocation until you get to around level 160.
The Post Game Shadow boss' Speed and Defenses Sky Rocket compared to the main game, while the the other extra bosses actually have "real" difficulty instead of just stats padded on them.

I said this previously in the thread, but for the main game my money stats were only around HALF of my level, and got curb stomped in post game.
After I got most of my stats to the same or MORE than my level, changing up sub classes, and redoing level stats for my characters, I did much better.
Shadow bosses 4 and 5 are the first hurdle really, and then 11 and 12, if I counted correctly.
The Deformed and Secret Bosses are not that big of a problem if you can clear all the shadow bosses, since their defenses are REASONABLE.

If you ever saw the Enhanced boss rush on youtube, the guy in there is at least level 250, and it still takes him 25 mins to beat it.
It took me about that long as well, but I was level 170.  He just brute forced it when there were better things he could have done.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:23:56 PM by Spiffspoo »