Author Topic: Rhythm Heaven Mafia (Superb)  (Read 75993 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: rhythm Heaven Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »
Wow I messed up those quotes somehow.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
Also yeah I don't see a reason for Mordin to not claim at this point. He's be outed N1 when he starts babbleing anyway; right?

Not quite sure how Sky gets the idea CF7 is voting him because he has a Cirno avatar. Maybe attempting to discern Sky from his drunkposting isn't the world's best idea but that particular bit made me go 'huhwhat' for a second.

Speaking of; where is huhwhat.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Huhwhat = Prims?

Geez, I get you want to refer to people by their old usernames, but at very least I'd like the player list to reflect the current player names.

##unvote

Hm... Reread the thread.
A bit concerned about content of Lexicat's post. Or lack of thereof.
Vote on Prims. Encouraging other people to vote Prims. And more or less that's it. I'll wait for more posts, but so far this is quite bad, imo. Vote stays on Sky for the moment.

Alright, let's go with him instead, as replacement "vote for the inactive guy" vote.

##vote Lexicat

Will look properly later.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
Huhwhat = Prims?

I forgot this somehow.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
for one had done what I wanted it to (get people to talk about things), second that's hardly "masking an empty unvote" when I suspected Dan in the same post. I just felt stronger about the Affinity vote.

I think your Dan suspicion is based on unfair grounds. You first talk about policy lynching him, then chide him for his reaction. That's an easy door to kick in; you can come back and say, "Hey man, you reacted by posting so much content you must be Scum panicking!" and just tailor fit your argument to the situation. Chiding Dan for responding "pls don't" to a policy lynch proposed during RVS is stupid, that's baiting a response and calling it scummy after. Tell me, how should Dan have responded to game being opened with "let's policy lynch Dan"? I don't think the rest of your post really constitutes "suspecting" Dan, because disagreeing with his vote on Raikaria doesn't imply you think he's scummy. Disagreement != suspicion. I'm also curious why your suspicion of Dan was only made public after you unvote him?

either of these might annoy you but they have nothing to do with my alignment, especially since the lots of words weren't empty, they were relevant to my attempts to get posts out of other people (so I could form reads)
before my proposition there was exactly one (1) jokepost. what scum was I supposed to be lynching

Loaded question. The point of my case is that you called for a policy lynch on Dan, which in the worst case scenario (from a Scum PoV) results in Townie points for ending RVS. In the best case scenario (for Scum), it results in a situation where you can mislynch Dan based on policy lynch nonsense. You don't normally abstain from RVS, and acting outside your meta in a way you tout as pro-Town (get people talking) just smells to me as touting your own horn and doing it for the sake of seeming Town.

Not fond of Bard as he's taking things too face-value, and intentionally not reading between the lines makes it easier to fake a case. Also stating something that by itself is not inherently scummy then tacking on the brownie points part in parenthesis looks like padding his post.

"Padding his post". Really? I don't think it's padding if I feel that your tryharding to provide reads and reading deeply into stuff fits my feeling that you're acting outside of your meta because you're Scum. Huh Whatty doesn't normally go in with such a blaze, and I happen to think posts as these are bad because you're directly saying voting Dan on a policy lynch is better than RVS voting, and attack Dorian over not immediately voting with you or providing an alternative. "Serious policy lynch votes can be discussed" holds true only insofar as "it's a policy lynch", but there isn't an actual lot to say about them without thinking it's either Scummy or Townie.

actually wtf bard don't seriously try to push "Prims is suspect for putting down a serious vote ASAP" when your "thing" used to be trying to end RVS immediately. This is easily the most constructed thing I've seen this game, it's already bad for the point to not be alignment-indicative but here you should actively know it isn't.

I hate this style of defence because you try to justify your action itself by saying I normally do it, but then fail to actually consider the differences (I don't think I try to beat people into voting policy lynches with me) and the fact that my standard modus operandi does not justify your abnormal opening this game. It's not the action I'm voting, it's the person; in a perfect world we have a list of actions and anyone doing those things is 100% Town or Scum, but unfortunately we have to reason about the intent behind actions.

In this case, my gut tells me that Huh What's abnormal actions feel more scum-aligned due to the way he's going about it and how he's trying so very hard to treat the game super serious from the get-go. In the absence of actual scumtells, yeah, I'll vote gut and out-of-the-ordinary shit.

Don't appreciate Huh What's vote, not sure what it's about. Are you voting me because you're misunderstanding my case on you and/or feel that my usual behaviour justifies your behaviour now? You aren't me, you know. Not even close.

BT's vote on me isn't even anything to take serious, tacking it on idly and forgetting to include why is actually pretty bad. Do you even care?

Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »
Basically, "Hey guys look at how Townie I am for ending RVS and immediately scumhunting" is what I mean by brownie points. Maybe I'm putting the mule before the cart because Huh What hasn't actually invoked that as a defence. Granted.

Huh What doesn't exactly do himself favours in my eyes by voting first Affinity and then me though. Feels like your vote is more over "I disagree with the case on me" than "actual scummy behaviour".

If I had a dime for every time someone voted me in response to me thinking they're scummy, man, who needs a job?

CF7, this post implies you think LLD is scummy. Why do you think Sky Paladin is scummier than LLD? You voted him over "baseless case", but I don't see what distinguishes his case from LLD's.

I hate Raikaria's "inb4 OMGUS" in equal measure to how much I hated Serela doing the same in another game. Why spend time pointing out how your vote may look OMGUS-y instead of quantifying why it isn't first and foremost? I don't like how BT had to press Raikaria into voting seriously.

Thread is various shades of red, but I think Huh What's shade is most pure and brightest.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
CF7, this post implies you think LLD is scummy. Why do you think Sky Paladin is scummier than LLD? You voted him over "baseless case", but I don't see what distinguishes his case from LLD's.
The difference is the timing and  the "seriousness" in their votes. LLD so far is just sitting on his RVS vote and haven't posted since then. And Sky presented his case as more of a case, than just RVS vote. So that's why i said that i'd wait for more posts from LLD.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
@Sky_Paladin: Everyone on earth wants to go to heaven, but no one's perfect.  Sometimes they lack responsibility, lose interest, and veer off the garden path into the eyes of suspicion!

Mafia is much the same!  Ebb to the rhythm of life!  Show Dorian some tentative love and realize the things you are talking about are kinda small!  It's the evil, charismatic businessman, as well as the friends who aren't there, you need to fear!  Ebb to the rhythm of life!

Bard and huhwhat!  Man if I was in kindergarten I would wanna lynch those two.  But I must read.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »
Not quite sure how Sky gets the idea CF7 is voting him because he has a Cirno avatar. Maybe attempting to discern Sky from his drunkposting isn't the world's best idea but that particular bit made me go 'huhwhat' for a second.
This is a really insignificant thing to address out of all of CF7 vs Sky. (The avatar references were probably all jokes, for the record.)

"Prims" is annoying to add S's too so I'm just gonna shift to "huhwhat". Bard's talk of abnormality in huhwhat's play is actually kind of weird to me, since I don't think it's abnormal. I also think the focus on stuff like perks of policy lynches from Mafia's POV is kind of pointless because you're not looking at the other POV. I don't see the acting in huhwhat's replies to your case. I don't see how huhwhat is different with regards to tendencies to break RVS with a hammer. In fact, I'm pretty sure we've had this wall war before. Your strong gut feeling is based on things I disagree with.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »
I just interpret all of bards posting as reasons why lld in smaller posts is voting huhwhat.  So many walls.  So little time to read them.

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
Raikaria
Not quite sure how Sky gets the idea CF7 is voting him because he has a Cirno avatar.

CF7 voted me because I have a Cirno avatar

So that's why.  Glad I could help. 

To be fair, he later added retroactive reasons to support his vote that included 'my vote is only semi-serious' and 'totally not countervoting Sky for his vote on my scumbuddy Dorian Sky's case has no substance'.  Actually now that I think about it, Affinity also voted for me immediately after my case, then hopped off. 

Scum team Affinity/CF7/Dorian.  You heard it here first, folks. 

Bard wrote a lot and I'll look at it again later on the train.  I'm not my bet right now and checking back and forth between him and prims is beyond me atm. 

Aff:
"@Sky_Paladin: Everyone on earth wants to go to heaven, but no one's perfect.  Sometimes they lack responsibility, lose interest, and veer off the garden path into the eyes of suspicion!" 

What is this?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
Dan, do you have any actual opinions on any of the active players, or are you just prod-dodging?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »
Scum team Affinity/CF7/Dorian.  You heard it here first, folks.
:colbert:  Keep up with the nonsensical scumteam guesses and you'll lose my favor.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
Raikaria
CF7 voted me because I have a Cirno avatar

So that's why.  Glad I could help. 

I was only looking at your drunkpost; I forgot about that post. Especially since you didn't quote that one when you stated about the Cirno avatar.

Also guessing entire scumteams at this point is a little optimistic.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »
@Sky,

12 players 4 pages < 24 hours = what looks like a prod dodge is simply normal content from me in the face of absurdly long posts. (it's also actually pretty much a prod dodge)

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2014, 03:29:30 PM »
The only really big post is Bard's. It's only less than 4 pages with the first one full of confirmation posts.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
Watching two people argue about things I don't care about (Dan policy lynch thing) requires breakfast, but I will side with Prims on this one. 

Reasons Bardiche throws out above simply seems wholly out of proportion.  He repeatedly mentions the cataclysmic effects of HW's stuff about policy lynching Dan when it has had a negligible effect on the game so far, delving into meta and stuff.  All this stuff doesn't seem to matter (look at the game-state now and what other people are talking about).

The only direction Bard's argument can go is into the past, and the past is very much where the mafia wants to be.  Locking eyes with someone and generally waving off others as 'shades of red' is something I remember as particularly scummy, it gives their voteparks some depth and allows them to wait and see.  So yeah, stronger than my previous vote, hehe.

##Unvote
##Vote: Bardiche

If there's one thing about Bard's argument I agree with though, it is his concluding remark that huhwhat is voting him for disagreement rather than scum intent.  Other than the good counterarguments he makes, huhwhat merely says that Bard's post seems like the 'most constructed so far', which doesn't mean anything (since town does that too for people they think are scum but can't really think of why at first).  So, I don't know; length begets length.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »
@Sky; Your dorian case doesn't seperate town imperfection from scum intent.

man i questioned you for something, you answered unexpectedly, i dropped it.  you did much the same for huhwhat so what gives man.

also, why suddenly accuse me of being scum for dropping my vote on you when you had an opportunity to do so here?

also misrepping cf7.  how is a double post like this retroactive? 

your scumhunting is looking more and more like latent inspiration. 

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick Tock .... BRRRRRRRRRRRNG
Good Morning!

Raikaria: (2) ActionDan, Schezo
Prims: (2) Lexicat, Just
Dorian Mizuhashi: (1) Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin: (1) CF7
Just: (3) Prims, BT, Affinity
BT: (1): Dorian
Schezo: (1) Raikaria
Lexicat: (1) Moridin84

Not voting:
N/A

7 Votes needed for Majority
32 hours left
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:08:26 PM by Turnover Zakeri »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2014, 05:28:39 PM »
I'm a little salty that Affinity unvoted from what may have been a double-vote just before the votecount came along.

I hate Raikaria's "inb4 OMGUS" in equal measure to how much I hated Serela doing the same in another game. Why spend time pointing out how your vote may look OMGUS-y instead of quantifying why it isn't first and foremost? I don't like how BT had to press Raikaria into voting seriously.

I didn't seriously vote because I didn't have anything at the time that made me want to seriously vote. Hence when BT pressed me I just went FINE have the worst thing I can see. Except I know these sorts of situations. Generally when I do something to get one guy off my back two more jump on.

I'm still mulling over Sky/CF7 interactions.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »
just to be sure really quick:
Quote from: moridin 84
Apparently I'm the only one with the ability to post in the night phase.
You were told explicitly that you're the only one with this ability?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
lmao the number in his name is the same number as the post I'm quoting.  god bless.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
Yeah I've seen nothing to convince me that I should be voting anyone but Prims right now.

On the other hand, I did see something I want to follow up on, but I wanna see how it evolves first.

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
I read through this thread a few times, but all the reasons and such that people are bring up are pretty damn thin.

I suppose the game is essentially a witch hunt but I have a hard time agree with anything, rationally speaking.

just to be sure really quick:You were told explicitly that you're the only one with this ability?
I read over it a few times but it was pretty clear. The text was bold and everything.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2014, 09:43:39 PM »
If you can't agree with anything why not make up your reasons for voting ppl. For instance do you feel that ppl putting out thin reasons are scummy or town?

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »
Actually I thought of something and wanted to post it before I went to sleep.

At the start of the game Prims wanted to policy lynch ActionDan right? In which case, isn't it almost impossible that the both of them are MAFIA? That means, if we lynch ActionDan and he turns up MAFIA, Prims would be practically confirmed TOWN.

The downside here is that we learn nothing at all if he is TOWN.

This can technically be applied to any "arguing couples" but it is much, much weaker.

##vote ActionDan

See you in 10-12 hours.

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
If you can't agree with anything why not make up your reasons for voting ppl. For instance do you feel that ppl putting out thin reasons are scummy or town?
Yeah I don't want to "make up reasons". I prefer to be truthful about things.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2014, 10:37:36 PM »
Just a few things before I get to my dinner and then read Bards wall.

@Sky Paladin: I'll address your case as soon as you got one which isn't 100% bias. I still give you points for effort and creativity.^^

@BT: The Dan wagon, as HuhWhat suggested it, was nothing more then prod vote thing and there is a point where just more votes/pressure wouldn't lead to more or better content, that's why I called it useless. But we all know Dan and how he loves to give us nothing, so I was wondering how to keep the pressure without tie my vote on him.
In English, a vote today wouldn't get us much but a vote tomorrow, that could go on forever.

@Moridin: Can you tell me why you felt the need to claim? I don't think there was enough  pressure on you to justify is, so what was it that you tried to accomplish with it?

@Mod: How does it come that I'm not voting right now when I'm sure that I voted BT?

However ?

##Vote Schezo

I can't help it but you agreed with HuhWhat a bit too eagerly for my liking and your Raikaria vote isn't impressive either. So what's your reason to exchange your prod vote  on Dan for one one Raikaria?
I mean, are you really satisfied with Dans ?content? or was that agreement just lip service?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2014, 11:11:33 PM »
Yo! Oyasu desu ka?
oof!

Just: (3) Prims, BT, Affinity
Raikaria: (2) ActionDan, Schezo
Prims: (2) Lexicat, Just
Schezo: (2) Raikaria, Dorian
Dorian Mizuhashi: (1) Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin: (1) CF7
ActionDan: (1) Moridin84

7 Votes needed for Majority
25 hours left

Previous votecount has been fixed.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »
So, after I read Bards wall am I not sure why his actually a wagon. Good, he might be kinda stubborn there, a certain Luther quote comes to mind,  but if that's scummy then I need someone who explains that to me (in preferably simple terms).
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.