Author Topic: XCrawl Planning Room  (Read 69396 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: XCrawl Planning Room
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »
An entire neighborhood? Brock might do something like that, but buying it outright the ratio of dollars to popularity wouldn't be too good. Plus all the taxes...
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
That whole setup with the asshole party, and then the dragon, was pretty neat.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
So DM confessional time.  This was not how the final part of the dungeon was supposed to go.  You were supposed to hole up for a bit, then engage in harrying tactics to split their party and whittle them down.  It'd be helped by part infighting and murder, and their people leaving one by one to avoid getting interest payments.  I was just as certain as Hoshiko you were all screwed, and was mainly planning to use the dragon as an escape device after youdid some damage and took some damage.

Of course glitterdust changed that.  Oh well.  Spellcasters OP.  This is known.

As a note, the end of that dungeon was 95% improv work.  The dragon was not supposed to be alive for example.  In fact I wasn't even sure if you were going to get to the 4th floor at all.  But since you hurt the dragon so badly, it didn't mess with the adventurers and thus was alive to bargain/blackmail you, as intelligent creatures are want to do.

If you'd rested before essentially ending the dungeon there would have been a "newscast" report of everyone getting slaughtered as well as the odds for each of your survival (and bounties from interested parties of you or your new NPC friends as figurines).  However you totally broke the bidding pool.  (Which is why the house is very happy)

---

NPC wise :

Valeria (drow) and Bradic(Kobold) both would very much like to be set free to return to the underground.  They both say they owe you all a debt of gratitude that can be repaid by their respective kind.

Claire similarly says the Alvis owe you all a favor, though she may stick around if you have a garden.

Jane (Alu-fiend) and Barry(Druid) both have neither the skills to survive underground or avoid getting caught above ground, so are willing to accept their current station (or rather assumed station.  They'd both like to be treated like people).  Jane in fact would prefer not to be officially freed, it only means she ends up getting hit with summoning spells.  Though given being around Maya triggers a sadistic streak in both parties, that's something that will have to be worked around.

-----

Assume that you have wealth by level for gear and such.  Also tell me any items I didn't give you the stats for so I can do so.

The one I know right now:
The Nikes give +2 dex and +5' movement speed, but -10 to stealth when moving above 1/2 speed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:32:14 PM by Iced Fairy »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »
I guess I'm glad that "surprise" attack worked out, it would've taken a whole 'nother session to deal with them with hit and run tactics. :V

Also, can we see the full dungeon map?

Here's all the magic items we found, at least assuming I didn't miss anything.

The monk that tried to rescue the succubus had:
- Amulet of Striding and Springing (+10 ft move, +5 acrobatics for jumps) currently on Annie.
- Monk's Belt (lets you punch like a monk; 1d6) currently on Hoshiko. Edit: I'm gonna unequip this for a different belt.
The possessed ranger had:
- Bard's Bow (+1d6 sonic while performing) currently on Brock.
- Leather Armor (unidentified)
The gelatinous cube had:
- Brooch (+2 CON) forget who has this.
- 2x Shortsword +1; unclaimed.
- Freezing Burst Quick Draw Katana +1 (does +1d6 cold and +1d10 cold on critical on the first hit after it's drawn) unclaimed. (Hoshiko can't actually use this, but would like it for her mantle.)
The bodies in the Allip room had:
- 3x Dagger (unidentified)
- Chain Shirt  (unidentified)
- Studded Leather  (unidentified)
- Nikes (+2 DEX, +5 ft move, -10 stealth when moving about half speed) currently on Maya.
The enemy party had:
- Robe (unidentified)
- Bracers  (unidentified)
- Staff (unidentified)
- Axe  (unidentified)
- Knife (unidentified)
- Studded Leather (unidentified)
- 2x Amulet (unidentified)
- Cape  (unidentified)
- Breastplate (unidentified)

I have no idea how much gold we ended up with.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:01:39 PM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »
The gold question will be an important one. I have ~=~plans~=~ for my share.

Fun plans, not twinky plans.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2014, 06:19:06 PM »
I'd need a scanner to post the map.  It's scribbled on the back of old college papers. >.<  Your map was correct up until last night.

Floor 4 was like a crosshair, with rooms at each cardinal direction.  The only exception was the hidden room in the SE that you missed.  The NE room was the stairs down and resting area.

Rooms 2 and three were more of a mess, but you mapped 3 out completely, and saw most of two.  The only rooms you didn't see were looted, and the only puzzle you skipped was the fire one, where the wall of fire doesn't actually go all the way to the pit, so you don't have to go on the balance beam (which drops onto the spikes later).

Magic item wise:

Leather Armor +2
Dagger +1 of returning
Dagger +2
Dagger +1 of retribution.  This blade deals an extra d6 damage to enemies that hurt the wielder in the last round.
Chain Shirt +2
Studded Leather +1 cold resist 5
Robe of resistance (+2 all saves)
Bracers of armor +2
Staff of Sacrifice - The user of this staff can sacrifice 2 spells of a certain casting level to cause an enemy spell caster to forget a spell of the same level at random.
Axe of Grandstanding +1.  +4 bonus to grandstanding checks made after killing someone with this axe.
Knife of betrayal +2 +5 vs someone who thinks you are a friend or ally.  There may be a curse on the blade as well.
Studded Leather +2
Amulet of natural armor +2
Shark tooth Amulet
Condor Cloak - Grants featherfall, and the ability to turn into a condor for 2 minutes once a day.  Condors are... not the most majestic of fliers, so they will be limited in maneuverability.
Sculpted Breastplate +2  - This armor automatically resizes itself to the wielder, and alters it's design and shape to the wearer's preferred form.  Barbarians who wish to show off their muscles will find the armor has a muscular design, while people who don't wish to draw attention to themselves will find the breastplate dull and uninteresting.  The armor decides on its form when first donned and can not be shifted after.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
I'd like to steal those bracers and daggers.  I need AC badly.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
I'll take the chainshirt if no one minds. As is I think I can build up to the hardest to hit of all of us.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »
I'd like to steal those bracers and daggers.  I need AC badly.

Bracers don't stack with armor (they both give Armor bonus to AC). Take the natural armor amulet instead.

I'd like one dagger to keep onhand incase I get grappled again. Whichever one Purvis doesn't want, I guess.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »
I don't wear armor, so it's all cool. Not that I won't turn down the amulet too if yalls is fine with that~~~~

I would like returning and +2, since I need the damage bad. Retribution seems like a good thing for contragrapples.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
We'll buy the place. Why not, right? I would like Claire to stay.

I'm also going to buy a belt of +2 to all three physical stats, assuming I can afford it. I'll need the carrying capacity to carry arrows and things.
Edit: belt of physical perfection +2 costs the same as my entire WBL. I'll have to find another solution then.
I'm dropping the +1 Rapier from my build, probably mounting it on the wall like Hoshiko's katana.
I'll purchase an Efficient Quiver somewhere. That will help with carrying capacity.
I assume I can get someone to increase the enchantment on my chain shirt from +1 to +2.

Considering dropping Read Magic for Prestidigitation.
Edit: I'll just take an additional cantrip known as one of my Favored Class level-up bonuses.

The bard has a d8 HD, which means I have more hp than I thought. I would have survived Pikachu.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:44:35 AM by O4rfish »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2014, 01:51:15 AM »
I suspect my four magic items add up to right around 16k.
Bard's Bow
+2 chain shirt
Power Tie (reflavored Circlet of Protection)
Efficient Quiver

This means I don't have room for that Amulet of Natural Armor, however nice it would be.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »
You can treat weird weapons like the bow as their base equivalents (+1 sonic) and gimick items like the bball as 0.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2014, 03:37:55 AM »
I would like to wear the Condor Cloak. Even if it puts me over the limit, I'd still like to keep it.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
So the dungeon that ended on 9/22/2014 was a multi-session monster that started on the 16th of August. Pretty wild.

-Our party, consisting of Dot Hopson Hoshiko Taiyotsuki, Big Annie Bigs, Maya Drangleic, Brock Ohmama, and Macaiah, have agreed to a potentially three day long endurance Crawl. Since they're in the underground circuit, this could potentially lead to riches or rags. Made of flesh. Their flesh.

-We were in fact planted as one of the only competant participants. They wanted people who'd actually have a chance of clearing the whole thing, seeing as we were told there were upwards of several hundred participants.

-After a drive to the location (and a beer or two between Maya and Annie), and a conversation on taking things seriously, our protagonists arrive at the upper level of the Los Angeles tunnels. They walk into the dungeon proper, where all the competitors have gathered. None really stand out as actually dangerous...except for a man in a karate gi, and another party of six.

-There's a bit of interaction with the cannon fodder. Annie gathers a crowd with some of her hobo advice, though the party is quick to close in rather protectively.

-Our sponsors show up! Long story short we get Kaiji'd. Everyone can take out a loan at the beginning of the dungeon, up to ten thousand, and for every day they spend, they have to pay back double. Maya borrows ten thousand after a moment's thought. Hoshiko deliberates for a while before edging with 2000; Macaiah could care less and goes for 1000. Annie surprises everyone with ten thousand...along with whatever's left over after everyone's made their bet. Brock goes for 1000 himself. At the end of the loans, Annie gets another twenty grand on top of her initial bag.

-So we go into the dungeon with 44000 gold on us!

-The additional rules are introduced at this point; silver stars. Anyone can exit the dungeon with two stars; the stars are taken, debts are paid, and the participant can leave with any left over treasure. Each additional star counts as 7000gp as bonus.

-The dungeon consists of five floors and a down-only elevator where everyone starts. Each floor is worse than the one above The other participants fudge up and are forced to spend some money on last minute supplies, while our protagonists aren't so silly.

-After entering the elevator (with some questions asked and answered), our party debates which floor to go; eventually we decide on the third, using that as a gauge.

-The elevator opens up to the first floor; fifty people of the hundred run out thanks to the massive container of stars in the middle of a massive room. However, the leader of the pack hits a force wall before he can reach it. Someone fires off some magic, killing that guy off; to the surprise of everyone, two stars fly out of the middle container and into the killer's hand. A bloodbath begins as the elevator closes.

-The second floor reveals six balance beams over a pit. About 25 of the 50 left head out, some crossing the pit, others being more cautious...until a bladed pendulum swings in, destroying the balance beams and sending those unfortunate enough to be slow to their doom.

-The third floor is where we get off. Immediately there's a scream for help; the monk's eyes snap open and he dashes out. Everyone else seems less interested.

-Our party follows...slowly. We give the place a good look first; it's a lake with an island in the middle, where an attractive young lady is bound up in chains. The place is not well lit. Maya's skin itches when she stares at the damsel, and the last time she got the rashes was when they fought against a demon two weeks ago. Not a good sign.

-Kung Fu Joe jumps the thirty foot stretch of water easily as we case the area. The damsel's tiny, helpless looking, and has two stars on her slave's collar as the monk gets close enough to help...

-Damsel kisses him. Wings, horns, and a tail appear and our monk friend is stuck.

-As the party approaches to help, the succubus finishes up and pushes Ryu into the water, where the seaweed animates and begins to strangle; strangleweed, obviously. Maya trades slurs and epithets with the succubus as everyone else gets closer. However, Hoshiko flubs her jump and ends up in the water, but she does manage to hit the strangleweed.

-Long story short we manage to get the monk and Hoshi out, and pretty much maim the harlot, but in a fit of spite she breaks the monk's spine before we finish her.

-Next is a three section room with a choice; help a drow escape or let the imp on the other side kill her. We get two stars later with the first and two stars now for the latter; we go with the first option but cheat by just breaking apart the cage. Valeria the drow and a scroll of Baleful Polymorph (the way we were SUPPOSED to get her out) acquired.

-We find a set of stairs up along the way.

-Our next encounter is a very large goat with hooves of fire! He offers one soul for two stars.

-We trade the succubus' corpse for a star.

-Following this is a room with lots of unmarked levers and a kobold dangling from a chain above a tank of sharks! The chain is slowly lowering. Instead of trying the levers out like good adventurers we throw a grappling hook and pull the kobold aside. He passes us two stars and joins the party! There's also a secret door...with a secret green room!

-Next is an asshole trap. A guy is pinned to a wheel over a large pit, and there are two targets with various green and red stripes. Hitting a red spot does something bad to the guy, but brings the wheel closer; hitting a green does something good but sends him further away. We end up giving him some water via the targets before heading off.

-Afterwards we enter a room full of sahuagin! And a trapped faerie. We kill off the sahuagin, free the faerie, and trade a fishman corpse for goatman's last star. Hoshiko also goes unconscious this fight, but our faerie friend (Claire) helps heal everyone.

-We find an altar to Hades/Pluto and don't fuck with it.

-Our next encounter is a wall of corpses! But we kill it okay. Two more stars! The kobold then introduces himself as Bradic.

-After some more exploring our new encouter is...a repeat of the first? There's a woman with small wings and horns on the center of an island surrounded by a small lake.

-Maya understandably is quite frustrated after all the encounters with her extended 'family' this floor and levels with the girl. We do end up freeing her and she joins the party! She's an alu-fiend named Jane. Maya begrudgingly offers her the same shelter she's offered Val and Bradic at her neck of the city.

-The next new room we enter has a troll! And the area its in and before it is surrounded by coldfire torches instead of normal torches, oddly. We land a few hits and Maya prepares to throw one of her bombs to stop the thing from regenerating...but notices something! There's an odd reaction when she lights the catalyst. Maya realizes the entire area is filled with explosive gas! Hence the torches. But we manage to kill the troll anyway.

-Last encounter of floor three is a kyton! We kill it and take all its chains...and find a diary in Infernal about something involving a politician? Maya transcribes a summary of it and passes it to Brock, then burns the diary. Some Senator seems to be behind the dungeon, and there was something about blood sacrifices!

-We head to floor four!

-First room of the dungeon is a...diner? With a dude? A chump we saw take ten grand out loan wise. He's worried! We try to reason with him, but upon seeing Annie he attacks! In the end we discover he's possessed by a ghost so we just kill him.

-Next room is a bunch of dead sahuagin! Actually killed by the possessed guy before he got possessed, apparently.

-After is...a hugeass lake room. Annie and Maya go exploring the lake while everyone holds back; we end up getting into an altercation with a juvenile black dragon and trade some hard hits; we leave but we aren't sure if we killed it! We waste some time with a bait then leave.

-Following this is a room where three cabinets have been hacked apart! And a dead guy. Seems like he was looking for secret compartments the violent way and got poisoned for his troubles. We loot some stuff.

-A room next with a huge chest in the middle is next! It's definitely trapped. We try a few things, then finally tug it open from afar with a chain. It blows up in a huge pillar of flame! But there's nothing inside. Already looted. Regardless, we loot the mechanism of the chest itself and find some alchemy materials for Maya.

-The next room we find is full of trash, rats...and a Raijuu. We try to pelt it from afar, but all that does is set off a huge trap! Brock nearly dies when the Raijuu turns the corridor we entered from into a railgun.

-Our next encounter is a Rope Golem! But Brock has Animate Rope and it gets eaten alive.

-At the bottom of a pit there's a bunch of loot and acid cleaned bones; we end up in an encounter with a wall of slime but survive. Hoshiko gets paralyzed, but she recovers well enough. We loot a bunch of platinum, a star, a brooch of +2 con, and three swords!

-After this we sneak up to another room...and find a huge mess of slimes, of all different colors, mixed together. It's a 30 square foot monstrosity that hurts to even look at. We decide to bail the fuck out.

-We make a quick stop at the safe room next to the sharks, where we put our NPCs, and decide on a plan. The party agrees on exploring floor two a bit then heading back to floor one.

-After another room of dead sahuagin we actually find the stairs to floor one near immedaiately. There's a strange machine with several settings and a green room! Opening it reveals the survivors of the mess on the first floor, all looking really shaken. We putter around a bit before heading back down. At this point we have 27 stars, 18000 in coin (not including our loans), two swords, a katana, and a brooch of +2 con.

-Returning to floor two, our next encounter is a large room with chains crisscrossing all over it! There's a chest suspended there as well, and live electricity runs through all the chains. The chest ends up being a capacitor and shocks us, but we find a secret compartment in the ceiling that gives us two more stars.

-Two kobolds in a chessboard style room follow; the kobolds try to set off the runes on the tiles to get us with what seems to be a beefed up Magic Missile spell, but they die to their own clever plan. Two stars!

-Our next encounter is an extremely loud room that plays dubstep so loud it actually does damage; we manage to turn off the machine from afar. However, a pair of allips attacks us in the room! We manage to turn the machine back on to pulp them, then back off. We find 2 stars, 13000gp, three daggers, one chain shirt, and a set of studded leather. And Nikes! Maya puts them on and finds she's more agile.

-The next room is full of carnival mirrors! Two stars are reflected in one of them, and there's writing on the floor that says "Relax, close your eyes and just take it." Further fine print reads "All mirrors property of 'Dis' LLC.  Any damages will be charged via standard contract 2934726c." We end up thinking about it too much, but end up with two more stars!

-Afterwards we find a room full of acid! We don't bother.

-Another room with a pit! Also don't bother.  Grates and falling things everywhere.

-Thank the gods, we find a green room next. We rest a bit...and hear voices. They're moving away. Other contestants that seem to be grumbling about loot, and specifically us. If "That old hag has 30k on her!" is any indication.

-We choose not to fight them there and back off to our NPCs, hoping to get out.

-However, the shark room is bathed in darkness! The dragon we fought earlier reveals herself, and we end up teaming up with her to take on the other legitimate party, who apparently took the dragon's treasure after we weakened him. Her name's Murk!

-The chase is on! Sadly the fight in the end is pretty anticlimatic. Glitterdust OP. We shank their barbarian after he lands a good hit on Hoshiko, immolate and impale their rogue, and stick their mage to the floor. The other two get away! But we end up with 29 more stars, 87k GP, an axe, a knife, studded leather, a set of robes, bracers, two amulets, a cape and a breastplate.

-We get out! The machine on the first floor is used to unstone the guy on the third floor, for another two stars, and we leave the dungeon. We pay off our two day's debt of 88000, returning our loans and then some, then cash in our stars. Brock has an apartment complex offered to him, and everyone heads home...

total: 382k, scroll of baleful polymorph, and assorted gear
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:53:25 PM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:33 PM »
Oh hey, now that we have NPCs, we can have one of them waiting in the green rooms with mineral water and Powerbars. In the more-legit-seeming dungeons only, obviously.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2014, 02:39:12 AM »
total: 382k, scroll of baleful polymorph, and assorted gear
Jesus, literally a million dollars and change. Or, 76400 GP each. How much does that neighborhood cost?

I'll indeed take the Dagger of Retribution, and the +2 CON Brooch because lord knows I need the HP and Fort.

Here's what's left that's worth using for our party:
- Amulet of Springing and Striding: Take this if your neck slot is open. Gotta go fast. (I would take it but it doesn't stack with another speed increase I'm getting this level.)
- Monk's Belt: Brock should take this so he can AOO. Better than nothing. Not sure how much it's worth.
- Shortsword +1: An upgrade to Macaiah's sword.
- Robe of Resistance +2: Can you wear robes under armor or is it the same slot? I forget. If you can, someone should get this. (Maybe Annie regardless, if she absolutely refuses to wear armor.)

Hanging onto that scroll might be a neat idea and I'm claiming the katana as a war trophy, so here's what's left to be sold:
Leather armor +2, Shortsword +1, Cold Resistance Studded Leather +1, Staff of Sacrifice, Axe of Grandstanding +1, Knife of Betrayal +2, Studded Leather +2, Shark Tooth Amulet, Sculpted Breastplate +2.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:45:32 AM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
I claimed the broach when it first dropped.

I'll trade you for the amulet of natural armor, though~

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2014, 02:49:03 AM »
You aren't going to find a buyer for the dagger of betrayal.  Not within normal time frames anyway.

Edit:

The block will cost 120,000gp now and 130,000 gp a year from now (Or 200000 straight up).  However they will only sell so long as Brock is listed as the primary owner (as a noble).  Other people buying in will be considered land managers.  The block pays upkeep for itself, but is pretty ramshackle.  More money would need to be pumped into it to make it better.

I'm assuming that Maya will want to buy in because its her block, and Brock will want to buy in because owning land will grant him political access again (even if it's low end access).  And of course Annie has given me free reign to throw her money away.  Others are of course free to throw in money as well.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:01:42 AM by Iced Fairy »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:26 AM »
I claimed the broach when it first dropped.

I'll trade you for the amulet of natural armor, though~

That was the implication anyway, since they take up the same slot :V

Dot would be interested in buying land on account of it being the first step to owning a hikkikomori fortress.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »
With three-four of us we can pay the 200k up front so I'd do that.
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »
So I'll be taking the sharktooth amulet and the chainshirt.
This leaves me with a +2 chainshirt, +1 longspear, masterwork leather, belt of ant haul, Nike's, the sharktooth necklace, and disposaknife. Leather is getting retired. I'll refrain from more gear and instead stock up on disposables. The complete list of what I'm making will go up when I figure out how much of my gold goes to further apartment improvements.
Sugoiiii~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »
I'll pass on the robe, not in character.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2014, 12:11:08 AM »
New character sheet.
I traded in Animate Rope for Feather Fall, and Weapon Finesse for Improved Initiative. At level 5 I took Arcane Strike, since I'm not using my swift actions for anything at present.
This should be the right number of skill points. For my 6 FCB, I took 4 skill points and 2 cantrips known. The skill Acrobatics had 4 ranks, but has been overwritten by Perform Dance.

Summon Instrument and Prestidigitation are pretty much fluff, but I feel it's important to be able to wash the dishes in 6 seconds and summon trombones to climb out of a pit or to jam doors.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2014, 01:53:47 AM »
Level up!
Art!
Obviously Maya's going to cash in when it's her own turf at hand here. She's going to be converting the empty apartment adjacent to hers into a pseudo clinic post purchase, and she's putting Barry in charge of rejuvenating the grounds. Jane in the meantime is going to be forced hired as a combination nurse and go-between for Maya, as both a way of keeping her busy and introducing her to the rest of the community.

Maya's always done her best to try and help people out, be it with her medical skills or her alchemy. Joining the underground Crawls was a bit of a whim; it was just a way of giving back, of helping out all the people she's lived with. But within a month she's found herself owning the entire place, and she's not quite sure how to start! So after spending resources on brewing a wide variety of equipment, some extra magical trinkets, and an extensive surgical procedure on her neck, she's now fully devoted to bringing her home to prosperity!

Important things:
-Maya can now consume her own bombs and turn them into a 15' cone breathe weapon. This comes with the caveat of some physical modifications to her mouth and neck, and her voice is just a tad raspier now.
-Her variety of Extracts has improved with Cat's Grace and Cure Moderate Wounds, but as of now only her Cure Extracts can be consumed by others.
-Her Heal checks now benefit from a +18 bonus, thanks to her free Skill Focus (Heal) from her alt class and her new Healer's Gloves.
-Frustrated with her ineffectual melee capabilities, Maya has trained and now has Weapon Finesse, which applies to both her Disposaknife and her natural weapons when Mutagen is activated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:53:44 PM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2014, 04:46:10 AM »
Character sheet!

Picture!

Dot is going to chip in to buy the neighborhood, but spend most of her fortune constructing a personal bunker beneath one of the buildings. She will not be seen during this time.

Haunted by her repeated near-death experiences, Dot has lost her way. Her blade is no longer guided by the light of the heavens, and Hoshiko Taiyotsuki is no more. With the mask off, Dot is now paranoid as hell and no longer interested in pleasing the crowd; her only goal is to gain enough gold to lock herself up in her hikkikomori fortress forever.

Driven by her desire to not die, she has redoubled her psychic training to take a level of Psion, gaining a variety of defensive abilities. Her body is still frail though (her strength comes entirely from mind-over-matter psychic power, which is why I dumped CON), so her fighting style remains "kill them before they kill us." Taking her survival more seriously, her Ioun Stone has agreed to bond to her as a psicrystal.

Level ups!
Soulknife 5:
+6 HP, +1 BAB, favored class bonus: +1/6 extra blade skill, 3/6 total.
Skills: +1 acrobatics, autohypnosis, perception, climb, stealth, swim, use magic device.
Enhanced Mind Blade +2. (now using +1 frost mind blade)
Quick Draw. (upon closer inspection, this only lets me draw the mind blade as a free action, not reshape it, so it doesn't really do anything for me)
Level 5 feat: Psionic Meditation. (lets me regain focus (Psionic Weapon) as a move action instead of a full action. Unfortunately, I misremembered this as turning it from a move action to a swift action, so I've been acting like I had this all along. Whoops! Thankfully this only mattered during the wall fight, otherwise I've been recharging Psychic Strike instead, which is always a move action.)

Psion (Nomad) 1:
+4 HP, +2 will, +3 PP (5 PP total).
Skills: +1 knowledge (arcana), knowledge (dungeoneering), knowledge (planes), knowledge (religion), acrobatics, autohypnosis, perception.
Bonus feat: Psicrystal Affinity. (ioun stone is now a psicrystal, which is a psionic familiar sort of thing!)
Discipline: Psychoportation.
Discipline Talents: burst (swift action, +10 move), catfall (immediate action, reduce fall damage by 20 ft and land on feet).
Detect Psionics.
Powers known: call to mind (takes 1 minute, reroll knowledge check at +4), empty mind (immediate action, +2 will), force screen (standard action, +4 shield AC for 1 minute).

Retraining: Swapping Skill Focus (bluff) for Cleave.

Psicrystal abilities:
It has its own stats that are detailed on the character sheet, but I think these don't come into play unless it walks away from Dot and gets attacked or tries to do things on its own.
Alertness. (Dot gets this feat as long as it's close to her)
Self-propulsion. (It has 30 ft move and 20 ft climb)
Sighted. (It can see in magical darkness and hear in magical silence. Dot can use this for targeting. Can't see invisible.)
Telepathic Speech. (It can talk telepathically to any creature with a language within 30 ft. Useful for relaying messages within the party!)
Personality: Special - A psicrystal normally gives its owner a +3 skill bonus depending on its personality. In place of this, I'd like to keep using the ioun stone's ability, which gives +2 to a skill and can be changed once a day (acrobatics by default). Is this okay?

Gear!
Frost Two-handed Mind Blade +1
Magic B-Ball (Returning Chakram +2)
Dagger of Retribution +1
Mithril Shirt +1 (2100 GP)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 GP)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000 GP)
Belt of Giant Strength +2 (4000 GP)
Brooch of Mighty Constitution +2 (4000 GP)
Handy Haversack (2000 GP)
Wand of Lesser Restoration (Paladin) - 50 charges (750 GP)
Plus about 200 GP of random tools in the Haversack, almost 16000 GP total exactly, if I can get away with not counting the side weapons.

Phew!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2014, 05:07:31 AM »
Picture!

No Dot did not beat up Future Terry and take his jacket. >=[

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »
Are you talking about Terry the Kid from Kinnikuman 2nd Gen, or Batman from Batman Beyond?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2014, 01:38:26 PM »
He's talking about Terry Bogard.

Come on, get serious.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
Future Terry would wreck us all in like five rounds, tops, and then say, "Hey, thanks for the Training session, guys, even though it was really just me kicking your asses."